The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

[Datamine] Orsinium

• Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Well, if Orsinium does not offer any new Leaderboards then i ges its time to play Fallout :hushed:

And f...upgrading the old Trials to v16 will not cut it ZOS...just saying
    Edited by Alcast on September 29, 2015 8:41PM
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FYI they fixed it = "We're sorry, the page you're looking for can not be found."

Edit: forgive me if this has been posted, I tried to look first.
    Edited by Casdha on September 30, 2015 6:48AM
    Proud member of the Psijic Order - The first wave - The 0.016%

• Fecius
    Fecius
    ✭✭✭
    Casdha wrote: »
    FYI they fixed it = "We're sorry, the page you're looking for can not be found."

Did they? I can still open it. In any way we have some info already so it's OK. And I guess next time for the next DLC it will not be so easy :)
    Edited by Fecius on September 30, 2015 7:03AM
    - Looking for Progress PvE Guild!
    - Ex Ætherius Eight / Ætherius Raid PC EU
    - World First Sanctum Ophidia Difficult Mode (1.5.8 at January 21, 2015)

- PvE Dunmer Magicka Sorcerer
    - YouTube

- Under sun and sky Outlander, we greet you warmly!
    - Под этим Солнцем и небом мы тепло приветствуем тебя!
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Leandor wrote: »
    I repeat myself, the problem with craglorn was the fact that you could not complete it if you didn't have a group of people with the exact same schedules.

I repeat myself: THIS WAS CHANGED MONTHS AGO!!! Stop spreading false info!
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Scyantific wrote: »
    Well, this is where I disagree. I think the majority of players wants content they can do alone but still gives the option to group up as well. Just take a look back into the past and read the posts in regards to ZOS' decision to make the main quest forced solo.

Well as I understood it...the only forced solo content in Orsinium will be the new arena? The overland quest content and new dungeons will be available to both solo players and groups, in fact the description suggests groups will be needed for the dungeons.

No, IIRC all quests in Orsinium will be solo instances (like the Harborage/Fighters/Mages questlines).

So there'll be no overworld content? I somehow doubt that...
  • Ghanima_Atreides
    Ghanima_Atreides
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AngryNord wrote: »
    Well, this is where I disagree. I think the majority of players wants content they can do alone but still gives the option to group up as well. Just take a look back into the past and read the posts in regards to ZOS' decision to make the main quest forced solo.

Well as I understood it...the only forced solo content in Orsinium will be the new arena? The overland quest content and new dungeons will be available to both solo players and groups, in fact the description suggests groups will be needed for the dungeons.

No, IIRC all quests in Orsinium will be solo instances (like the Harborage/Fighters/Mages questlines).

So there'll be no overworld content? I somehow doubt that...

Yeah. I'd like to see a source claiming it'll all be solo instanced, which I very much doubt.
    [The Beauty of Tamriel] My collection of ESO screenshots

Show me a completely smooth operation and I'll show you someone who's covering mistakes. Real boats rock.
  • adriant1978
    adriant1978
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    IIRC all quests in Orsinium will be solo instances (like the Harborage/Fighters/Mages questlines).

Source?
  • Minnesinger
    Minnesinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome news. Sole content is great. Personally, I would like to know if they will raise vr to 18.
    The wind is cold where I live,
    The blizzard is my home,
    Snow and ice and loaded dice, the Wizard lives alone.
  • Fecius
    Fecius
    ✭✭✭
    Welcome news. Sole content is great. Personally, I would like to know if they will raise vr to 18.

No, vr16 will be a cap.

- YouTube

• Farorin
    Farorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a PVP player and Forced PVE tho.

Haha, but being serious now and in all honesty, I am looking forward to it. PVP has turned into a pile of zerging cockroaches and has lost most of what made it fun with the recent changes, so I am really hoping this will be a decent DLC with lots of replay ability so that I can at least have SOMETHING that is fun to do.
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Let me get this straight. No new Trials? No new Leaderboards? No new 4 man Arena?

Some fancy Storyline that will be completed in 2h? Well ok....i guess.
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• Fecius
    Fecius
    ✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »
    Let me get this straight. No new Trials? No new Leaderboards? No new 4 man Arena?

No new trials. One new Leaderboard for Solo Arena. No new 4 man arena, at least no info (but may be I'm wrong) about 4 man dungeons.

They say 25h of solo storyline. But I dunno if it is true or just some rumors.

- YouTube

• Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »
    The solo arena has leaderboards. But you shouldn't expect any of those other things since this is not an Adventure Zone. The zone is supposed to be bigger than a standard zone though, so with all the story quests, side quests, and dailies there should be quite a lot to do. And I would always expect a new group dungeon.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I repeat myself, the problem with craglorn was the fact that you could not complete it if you didn't have a group of people with the exact same schedules.
    Please upgrade reading comprehension. I clearly wrote "was the fact". When craglorn was relevant for the majority, it was very well the case. The area you were supposed to use for leveling from 10 to 12 and later 14 was gated behind forced group content (which it still is, not everyone can deal with craglorn solo, even at max level/max equip) and a phasing system that made gameplay on separate schedules challenging to say the least.

The consequence was that all what happened there were anomalies-, overworld boss- or hircine grinds. People made it through the required levels in record time and promptly forgot about the entire content. They even lost the hardcore player support because even the challenge of doing some parts solo (those that didn't force you to pull three levers at the same time) went stale very quick.

Yes, they have changed the phasing issues a bit and improved it, but way too late. Interest in craglorn never picked up. I would hazard the guess that less than half the player population has finished the quest lines there.

So the fact that they changed this "months ago" does not make a lick of a difference in regards to the consequences. The fact remains: Players were forced to group and rejected it. The same will happen, to more or less the same extend, if they force solo play. Overworld content is no replacement for things like dungeons or trials.
    Edited by Leandor on September 30, 2015 10:19AM
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Overworld content is no replacement for things like dungeons or trials.
    But dungeons and trials are also forced group content... we need more content that's not forced anything.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    But dungeons and trials are also forced group content... we need more content that's not forced anything.
    That is what I've been saying. Dungeons that scale to group size and level.
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Why do we need leader boards again? Does anyone actually read the who's cocktail sausage is bigger contest boards? Or care?
  • Fecius
    Fecius
    ✭✭✭
    Why do we need leader boards again? Does anyone actually read the who's cocktail sausage is bigger contest boards? Or care?

Leaderboards is a nice thing if you talk about new content. As soon as it's old like grannie's carpet - it's simply useless.

- YouTube

• Dymence
    Dymence
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Competition is the point of games. If you can't lose, there's no fun. That's why leaderboards are relevant.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dymence wrote: »

Competition is the point of games. If you can't lose, there's no fun. That's why leaderboards are relevant.

Maybe competition is the point of games for YOU. For many of us games are a form of narrative and a way to experience new stories.

And, clearly you never played any Lucasarts adventure games... they designed those games with absolutely no way to "lose".
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree... and I don't. Unless they're the only way of leveling or gearing up, they aren't truly forced.
    I think the game should have content which requires a group to complete. If all content was doable solo, we'd lose many interesting mechanics supporting group roles and cooperation. Interacting with different objects at once or controlling different groups, temporarily locking one player out of the fight, we couldn't have any of this - or the devs would have to develop all content twice with different rewards and mechanics, and then hard mode on top of that. We both know how unlikely this is. I like specialization and relying on each other, I don't want to always do everything on my own.
  • RustedValor
    RustedValor
    ✭✭✭
    Sallington wrote: »
    ADarklore wrote: »
    Sallington wrote: »
    Most regular PvE players hit Vr15 the first day from the banked XP, and could hit Vr16 extremely easily through craglorn, caldwell's gold, and running normal and vet dungeons.

Sure, most players who are already VR14, but there are many of us who are NOT VR14 and don't have banked XP, which means having Orsinium offer VR15/16 gear is the only way we'll get it because many, if not most, of us refuse to step foot in either Cyrodiil or IC.

PvPers have had to complete PvE content for the best gear since release. Even in IC, the trophies and stones come from PvE mobs. You can almost completely avoid anything resembling PvP. Most times I have to go actively looking for a fight to actually find one.

I don't understand why all of these PvEers "refuse to step foot" in IC. I don't think you're allowed to have an opinion without trying the content. Not an opinion that should matter anyway.

And why is it always PvE vs PvP players fighting against what the content should be. Why can't we all just be players and try to complete the content we want to. Which, for me, is all of it.

Agreed besides, whats the point of grinding gear to be an all powerful demigod if I can't have a good reason to decapitate members of the enemy faction? IC would have been better if the trophies dropped on death too. That would really strike the fear of the divines into people lol.
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fecius wrote: »
    Casdha wrote: »

Did they? I can still open it. In any way we have some info already so it's OK. And I guess next time for the next DLC it will not be so easy :)
    Here is what it looks like for me. It didn't look like this when I saw it the first time. The first time I read it I saw everything that was written in the OP.

Orsinium.png

Edited by Casdha on September 30, 2015 4:05PM
    Proud member of the Psijic Order - The first wave - The 0.016%

• Daveheart
    Daveheart
    ✭✭✭✭
    EIGHTS wrote: »
    LOL this dude hasn't seen Senaxu or Beyond Infinity's all Sorc trial runs.

Yes! I don't.
    But I'm not Senaxu or Beyond Infinity.

Do they want to teach us how to do?

Senaxu's build video

Dymence's build thread

There are two builds/guides from two of the sorcs in Beyond Infinity. You pretty much have to skip past the top ten in every trial to find a group that didn't actually have a sorc.
    Edited by Daveheart on September 30, 2015 4:11PM
    Daggerfall Covenant (PC-NA)

The Order of Mundus | Nightfighters
  • BabyMyst
    BabyMyst
    Gidorick wrote: »
    Dymence wrote: »

Maybe competition is the point of games for YOU. For many of us games are a form of narrative and a way to experience new stories.

And, clearly you never played any Lucasarts adventure games... they designed those games with absolutely no way to "lose".

There are different types of gamers. For the players who like story line and narrative, ESO has been wonderful at providing so much to work with of you really think about it. You get the Guild quest lines, the Main story, both Silver and Gold. Even the new Imperial City has it's own narrative to follow.

But there are other types of gamers who play ESO too who are often neglected. Those who are more competitively driven. For us, story line doesn't always hold as much meaning as leader boards. We have had nothing but the same 3 raids to run over and over... week after week. Leader boards and competition are all that we have to drive us on and motivated us.

For us, a new raid would be amazingly refreshing.
    Edited by BabyMyst on September 30, 2015 8:30PM
    GM of We Wipe on Trash
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    According to Kai and Google Translate (and then rewording by me):

The "solo content" of Orsinium refers to only the difficulty of the opponents. With one exception, you will be not be denied content or forced to separate in solo instances. Even the dreaded phasing from the early days of ESO does not occur in this zone.

The exception is the Maelstrom Arena that can be entered only solo.

Original:
    Ermitinho wrote: »
    Wenn Orsinium wirklich nur allein gespielt wird, ist es für mich und meine Frau auch nicht brauchbar. Wir sind seit Anfang an ein 2erTeam und es hat uns schon immer etwas aufgestoßen, bestimmte Verliese nur allein machen zu müssen. Und allein in einem Gebiet rumzutümpeln, daß ja Wochen an Zeit benötigen soll, nein danke.
    Die hier kritisierten "Solo-Inhalte" von Orsinium richten sich nur nach dem Schwierigkeitsgrad der Gegner. Mit einer einzigen Ausnahme werdet ihr zu keinem Zeitpunkt gezwungen sein, euch zu trennen und Inhalte in Solo-Instanzen zu bestreiten. Auch das aus den Anfängen von ESO gefürchtete Phasing tritt in dieser Zone nicht auf.

Die Ausnahme ist die Mahlstom-Arena, die man nur Solo betreten kann.
  • Shadesofkin
    Shadesofkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I disagree, but this was an interesting spin on the desire for dungeons and trials.
    @shadesofkin -NA Server.
    Tier 2 Player.
    MagDK Main forever (even in the bad times)
  • adriant1978
    adriant1978
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    According to Kai and Google Translate (and then rewording by me):

Even the dreaded phasing from the early days of ESO does not occur in this zone.

Some of us liked phasing. It helped avoid things like ever-burning fires, permanent bandit infestations, and so on. Now I fear that Orsinium is going to be light on ways for players to affect the world.

• Shadesofkin
    Shadesofkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

(sorry for double posting)

There are a lot of players (myself included) who like the competition aspect of the leaderboard system. I like finding out what builds are going to work and what aren't then testing them with 12 of my guild mates and trying to rank, as much as some people like doing the same thing in PvP for Emperor. There's a lot of interesting things that happen when you care about running a character for competitions sake, it changes how you play and ultimately it made even my most casual character (with whom I RP most of the time) perform a little bit better in content.
    @shadesofkin -NA Server.
    Tier 2 Player.
    MagDK Main forever (even in the bad times)
  • AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please upgrade reading comprehension. I clearly wrote "was the fact". When craglorn was relevant for the majority, it was very well the case. The area you were supposed to use for leveling from 10 to 12 and later 14 was gated behind forced group content (which it still is, not everyone can deal with craglorn solo, even at max level/max equip) and a phasing system that made gameplay on separate schedules challenging to say the least.

The consequence was that all what happened there were anomalies-, overworld boss- or hircine grinds. People made it through the required levels in record time and promptly forgot about the entire content. They even lost the hardcore player support because even the challenge of doing some parts solo (those that didn't force you to pull three levers at the same time) went stale very quick.

Yes, they have changed the phasing issues a bit and improved it, but way too late. Interest in craglorn never picked up. I would hazard the guess that less than half the player population has finished the quest lines there.

So the fact that they changed this "months ago" does not make a lick of a difference in regards to the consequences. The fact remains: Players were forced to group and rejected it. The same will happen, to more or less the same extend, if they force solo play. Overworld content is no replacement for things like dungeons or trials.

Most of that content is really easy now, I can solo all the mini bosses in UCL, and any of the random packs, all the delves. Even the 5 man group stuff in LC is so easy now, I did Shada's with a group of 3 all vr 2. The xp was trash btw so no reason to do it past the achievement, Shada died before her first invulnerable phase. It is all so nerfed you could prob duo most of those 5 mans.
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American