Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network service interruption has been resolved. Thank you for your patience.

More layoffs for ZeniMax (Update: Confirmed)

• Callous2208
    Callous2208
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    EQBallzz wrote: »
    I'm surprised it hasn't been more and sooner, honestly. Game has been on cash shop auto-pilot for a while now. How many people does it take to make 25 dollar horse skins, anyway?

I'm glad I'm not the only one to see the scam here.

Hmm. I've been on this earth a while and have seen my share of scams. I'm not quite sure how a company making a game and you playing said game is a scam. No sub so that's not it. I'll have to check but I don't think they made me buy a bunch of 25 dollar horses to keep playing either. Yea, you'll have to explain to me how I'm getting scammed.

You're probably riding around Cyrodiil on that ice monstrosity right now.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mojmir wrote: »
    Sylance9 wrote: »
    And in other news.
    IMG_1246_zpsze2abloj.jpg

replace man with thread

Ok.

o7YzIUm.jpg?2
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • icontested
    icontested
    ✭✭✭✭
    And in other news.
    IMG_1246_zpsze2abloj.jpg

That was actually known as the jesus message. Killed and death make a double negative. They were subliminally reporting he lived and people who follow the neo ancient religion of gnocci viewed that message and came together in the basement of 7-11 stores built before 1952 to discuss .. Things.
    Voted and Current reigning champion of most handsome ESO player of 2013-2016
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gidorick wrote: »
    Mojmir wrote: »
    And in other news.
    IMG_1246_zpsze2abloj.jpg

replace man with thread

Ok.

o7YzIUm.jpg?2

now add to the end "with jesus beam"
    Edited by Mojmir on August 25, 2015 2:31AM
  • snackrat
    snackrat
    ✭✭✭
    From customer support? Augh! Their customer support is already horrifying, because what people they DO have (or DID have) had to copy/paste preprepared messages:

"Hey I lost these items from my inventory - could I hav--" "PLEASE REPORT BUG, DROP AND RETAKE THE QUEST, AND RELOG" "I already relogged, and this isn't a quest item, they're nir--" "THANK YOU FOR CONTACTING US YOUR TICKET HAS BEEN CLOSED GOODBYE"
    Edited by snackrat on August 25, 2015 3:42AM
  • Avenias
    Avenias
    ✭✭✭✭
    snackrat wrote: »
    From customer support? Augh! Their customer support is already horrifying, because what people they DO have (or DID have) had to copy/paste preprepared messages:

"Hey I lost these items from my inventory - could I hav--" "PLEASE REPORT BUG, DROP AND RETAKE THE QUEST, AND RELOG" "I already relogged, and this isn't a quest item, they're nir--" "THANK YOU FOR CONTACTING US YOUR TICKET HAS BEEN CLOSED GOODBYE"

What customer support?
  • Wolfshead
    Wolfshead
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hope your right, because TES 6 needs the money, so ESO needs to keep chugging and hopefully keeps its head above water. :)

You do know that TES 6 dont stand and fall with only ESO or have you forgott that Bethesda work very close with Zenimax and that is Bethesda that is own rights to TES franchise and have you forgott about game call Fallout 4 and Dishonored 2 that will come out soon and other game that Bethesda is work on.

Those game will also help get money to TES 6 so fact is TES 6 will not stand and fall with only ESO so it is not ESO that will decide fate for TES 6 alone.

And yes it sucks to read the people is losing there job it is never fun to read about thing like that and it is never to fun learn that the game you love so much is lay-off people.
    Edited by Wolfshead on August 25, 2015 5:28AM
    If you find yourself alone, riding in green fields with the sun on your face, do not be troubled; for you are in Elysium, and you're already dead
    What we do in life, echoes in eternity
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    untill we see Vvardenfell, dark brotherhood, and also correct class ballances in eso, then i dont see it mattering who is let go of. game should never have existed without those 3 items in it from the very start.

Agreed on all three.The balances for classes would be great,but isnt the worst part for me.Its not having Vvardenfell and the Dark Brotherhood.Plus the Thieves guild.Why do we now have the Legerdemain skill,but without the Thieve's guild.What's the point to that?
  • miked83b14_ESO
    miked83b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    It's pretty obvious. Game re-launches on console. Lot's of bugs, new customers contacting support with their issues, mass hirings to service these needs. Months later, less bugs, less people playing, new players are now pro, don't need help with customer service, customer support mass layoffs.
  • Avenias
    Avenias
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's pretty obvious. Game re-launches on console. Lot's of bugs, new customers contacting support with their issues, mass hirings to service these needs. Months later, less bugs, less people playing, new players are now pro, don't need help with customer service, customer support mass layoffs.

Nothing personal, its just good business.
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This just in:

Sky falling doesn't bad. No hurt from gas on head!
  • Shad0wfire99
    Shad0wfire99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Businesses exist to maximize profits. Period. I feel bad for the affected employees, but as soon as any business realizes it can still function optimally without you, you're looking for a job. As many times as the OP is saying "draw your own conclusions," it's pretty clear he wants everyone else to drawn the same conclusion that he's obviously drawn. Kinda like saying "just putting that out there."

XBox NA
  • Scorpio_Alik'ri
    I don't see this having anything to do with TES 6. After the release of FO4, Bethesda will probably take 2-3 years to develop it. Zenimax has plenty of time to work things out with ESO until then.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OMG! A&P Grocers in New Jersey just laid off workers we are all going to starve!
    Business is always in flux.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    Makes sense to reduce support staff. No reason to pay people to copy/paste this, add a few Knowledge Base quips that have nothing to do with the details provided in the ticket, and close the case. A script can do it much more efficiently.
    Greetings,

Thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited team. In light of the excitement and great demand for ESO TU, we are currently experiencing high contact volume. We encourage you to search our support site at https://help.elderscrollsonline.com for any in-game topics or issues you may have questions about. There are lots of helpful FAQs and links to our social pages.

If you are experiencing any in-game UI issues (including NPC, quest problems and missing crowns/entitlements) can be resolved by logging out for five minutes then back in which will load you into a new game instance.

am I really the ONLY one that did not get this at all, I highly doubt it. do you people actually read what they want/need you to include in the instructions, do you curse and point fingers?

No one knows if thats really the real reason

Zenimax only has 250 Employees in their Maryland Location, a small amount really to begin with, they laid off 25 of them which is 10% of their staff at headquarters, thats nothing to sneeze at...has nothing to do with doom and gloom, its just news, it happened.

Not only did their top 3 devs leave(Paul Sage, Nick Konkle, and Maria Aliprando), but now they can another 25 from headquarters? You draw your own conclusions, thats not doom or gloom at all its fact...im sorry you don't like that fact, but its fact nonetheless.

Could be related to poor work performance and a failed product. Hard to say without facts :(
    But I can see top devs promising one version of the game, misallocating proper project management tactics and missing the launch target. Seemed Zenimax tried to give them a chance and had to can then now to speed up the IC update and performance issues.

Just off the top of my head thoughts.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    Reverb wrote: »
    Makes sense to reduce support staff. No reason to pay people to copy/paste this, add a few Knowledge Base quips that have nothing to do with the details provided in the ticket, and close the case. A script can do it much more efficiently.
    Greetings,

Thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited team. In light of the excitement and great demand for ESO TU, we are currently experiencing high contact volume. We encourage you to search our support site at https://help.elderscrollsonline.com for any in-game topics or issues you may have questions about. There are lots of helpful FAQs and links to our social pages.

If you are experiencing any in-game UI issues (including NPC, quest problems and missing crowns/entitlements) can be resolved by logging out for five minutes then back in which will load you into a new game instance.

am I really the ONLY one that did not get this at all, I highly doubt it. do you people actually read what they want/need you to include in the instructions, do you curse and point fingers?

No one knows if thats really the real reason

Zenimax only has 250 Employees in their Maryland Location, a small amount really to begin with, they laid off 25 of them which is 10% of their staff at headquarters, thats nothing to sneeze at...has nothing to do with doom and gloom, its just news, it happened.

Not only did their top 3 devs leave(Paul Sage, Nick Konkle, and Maria Aliprando), but now they can another 25 from headquarters? You draw your own conclusions, thats not doom or gloom at all its fact...im sorry you don't like that fact, but its fact nonetheless.

Could be related to poor work performance and a failed product. Hard to say without facts :(
    But I can see top devs promising one version of the game, misallocating proper project management tactics and missing the launch target. Seemed Zenimax tried to give them a chance and had to can then now to speed up the IC update and performance issues.

Just off the top of my head thoughts.

That's very possible bud, very possible.

I just hate layoffs, too many people being hit with them lately, just not with this but all sectors of employment really. Have had a few friends get laid off in the last few months from all sorts of jobs, it just sucks all around....guys that have 15-16 years with a company getting laid off...its just heartbreaking really.

Regardless, lets hope this last quarter of 2015 and 2016 moving forward is a big success for Zenimax. I hope the IPC and the other DLC they have planned has record sales and puts some huge money in ZOS pockets to do all kinds of cool stuff in the future! :)
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• Funkopotamus
    Funkopotamus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This was know last week!

All of these were in IRELAND and on Tech Support so reason to panic man lol
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!" Sallington
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_UlyssesW and @ZOS_ArtG have been gone since July.
    I hope @ZOS_GaryA won't share the same fate. :neutral:
    Wololo.
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    Lastly, i wish people would stop acting like someone getting laid off is no big deal, IT IS A BIG DEAL! i don't care its customer service or a Manager, these people have families and kids, and they don't deserve to be spoken about as if their plight doesn't matter.....layoffs in general just suck, and all these people have my sympathies and i hope they find gainful employment very soon.
    Honestly, it depends. Sometimes getting laid off is a big deal, and sometimes it isn't. It depends on the circumstances.

I have a friend who used to work a job where 90% of the staff got laid off every winter. It was no big deal because everyone knew about it, they knew they'd be hired again in the spring, and they planned their year around it.

In lots of industries it's common for companies to ramp up their staff while working on a big project, with the understanding that once the project has completed there will be layoffs because they won't need that many employees for the normal operations. In these cases the staff understand that there's a chance they'll be laid off afterward. They may be hoping that they'll stay on, but they know that they might not, so if they're smart they have a backup plan in place.

The situation at ZOS sounds similar to the latter case. Console launch was a big project, and now that the consoles are more or less stabilized they can revert to more normal staffing levels. That means layoffs, but the staff should have been expecting at least some layoffs. It's still going to be somewhat sad for them (definitely more sad than in the seasonal layoffs example I gave), but when people expect that a round of layoffs will be coming they can prepare, and hopefully be well positioned to move on to the next job when it happens.

When layoffs are really a big deal is when the employees don't see it coming. That's when it can really make life difficult for them.

Once again @UrQuan says in several paragraphs (with perfect formatting to boot) what I say in a sarcastic sentence ;)
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • H3Li0S
    H3Li0S
    ✭✭✭
    when easter comes, stores hire rabbits to wave at people outside because they wanna sell that chocolate. When easter is over .... dismiss those rabbits.
  • icontested
    icontested
    ✭✭✭✭
    H3Li0S wrote: »
    when easter comes, stores hire rabbits to wave at people outside because they wanna sell that chocolate. When easter is over .... dismiss those rabbits.

You are a good guy. You give those rabbits a job, income, a better life. Others think.. Rabbit stew
    Edited by icontested on August 26, 2015 1:18AM
    Voted and Current reigning champion of most handsome ESO player of 2013-2016
  • NDwarf
    NDwarf
    ✭✭✭
    Deleted, it was a little over the top but I meant what I said. I could of said it in a "nicer" way tho heh.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Bashing & Slanderous Comments]
    Edited by NDwarf on August 27, 2015 10:44AM
    "When people !@# with you you !@# with them ten times worse. Next thing you know, you're in a motel room with 24 beers and a half bucket of chicken. You see, that's how you get things done." Ricky, Trailer Park Boys.
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    At the same time, the game is in a much better state than it was at launch. I imagine the amount of tickets for broken quests, borked items, showstoppers and whatnot has also fallen greatly. ZOS may have been expecting huge CS needs for console launch and those console issues never really manifested and had to adjust accordingly.

There's any number of reasons as to why. I've got my own frustrations with the game, but not enough for a sky is falling scenario.
  • Zachy_B
    Zachy_B
    ✭✭✭
    Not surprised. /solid point
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NDwarf wrote: »
    Character levels
    Veteran Levels
    Skill Levels
    Skill Points
    Champ Points

Cheese and crackers what a horrid system. It's like they sat down at a board meeting and said, "Guys we can go with a level based system or a skill point based system." Then some dev was like, "why not both?"

Your horrible system is my favorite mmo progression system in the market :)
    Endless character progression.
    Nothing makes me stop playing an mmo faster than level cap.

[Moderator Note: Edited quote to match moderated version]
    Edited by ZOS_Alex on August 26, 2015 6:33PM
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nimander99 wrote: »
    NDwarf wrote: »
    Character levels
    Veteran Levels
    Skill Levels
    Skill Points
    Champ Points

Cheese and crackers what a horrid system. It's like they sat down at a board meeting and said, "Guys we can go with a level based system or a skill point based system." Then some dev was like, "why not both?"

Your horrible system is my favorite mmo progression system in the market :)
    Endless character progression.
    Nothing makes me stop playing an mmo faster than level cap.

Really? Then you might be interested in my perpetual progression concept @nimander99!

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/199791/perpetual-independent-end-game-level-progression-concept

[Moderator Note: Edited quote to match moderated version]
    Edited by ZOS_Alex on August 26, 2015 6:38PM
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • Psychobunni
    Psychobunni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was Ireland where our support tickets were going? I said before I thought it was outsourced to somewhere English (American) wasn't the first language. They copy/paste response part was fine, but what they actually had to answer was terrible.
    If options weren't necessary, and everyone played the same way, no one would use addons. Fix the UI!

• AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Was Ireland where our support tickets were going? I said before I thought it was outsourced to somewhere English (American) wasn't the first language. They copy/paste response part was fine, but what they actually had to answer was terrible.

Even tho the Provos and a few other extremists might not like it, the Irish Republic is definately an English-speaking country.
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    AngryNord wrote: »

Even tho the Provos and a few other extremists might not like it, the Irish Republic is definately an English-speaking country.

Bunny should get out of his hole more often.
    Wololo.
  • BlackEar
    BlackEar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Healthy sign of streamlining.

Good news :smile:

Keep it up Zenimax!
    Bjorn Blackbear - Master Angler - Collector - Black Market Mogul - Ebonheart Pact - Exterminatus - EU.

Achievement hunter:

Visit my profile page to find out about which achievement I am currently hunting.

Check out Anemonean's thieving guide!