Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network service interruption has been resolved. Thank you for your patience.

More layoffs for ZeniMax (Update: Confirmed)

• UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nimander99 wrote: »
    UrQuan wrote: »
    Lastly, i wish people would stop acting like someone getting laid off is no big deal, IT IS A BIG DEAL! i don't care its customer service or a Manager, these people have families and kids, and they don't deserve to be spoken about as if their plight doesn't matter.....layoffs in general just suck, and all these people have my sympathies and i hope they find gainful employment very soon.
    Honestly, it depends. Sometimes getting laid off is a big deal, and sometimes it isn't. It depends on the circumstances.

I have a friend who used to work a job where 90% of the staff got laid off every winter. It was no big deal because everyone knew about it, they knew they'd be hired again in the spring, and they planned their year around it.

In lots of industries it's common for companies to ramp up their staff while working on a big project, with the understanding that once the project has completed there will be layoffs because they won't need that many employees for the normal operations. In these cases the staff understand that there's a chance they'll be laid off afterward. They may be hoping that they'll stay on, but they know that they might not, so if they're smart they have a backup plan in place.

The situation at ZOS sounds similar to the latter case. Console launch was a big project, and now that the consoles are more or less stabilized they can revert to more normal staffing levels. That means layoffs, but the staff should have been expecting at least some layoffs. It's still going to be somewhat sad for them (definitely more sad than in the seasonal layoffs example I gave), but when people expect that a round of layoffs will be coming they can prepare, and hopefully be well positioned to move on to the next job when it happens.

When layoffs are really a big deal is when the employees don't see it coming. That's when it can really make life difficult for them.

Once again @UrQuan says in several paragraphs (with perfect formatting to boot) what I say in a sarcastic sentence ;)
    That's just because I'm overly wordy... It's a character flaw. I always say that if brevity is the soul of wit, I'm pretty darn witless. :p
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Psychobunni
    Psychobunni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gyudan wrote: »
    AngryNord wrote: »
    Was Ireland where our support tickets were going? I said before I thought it was outsourced to somewhere English (American) wasn't the first language. They copy/paste response part was fine, but what they actually had to answer was terrible.

Even tho the Provos and a few other extremists might not like it, the Irish Republic is definately an English-speaking country.

Bunny should get out of his hole more often.

Her*

See, that's why I clarified American. Maybe the CS rep I dealt with just had bad "reading comprehension" and that's why there was poor sentence structure/word usage. ;)
    If options weren't necessary, and everyone played the same way, no one would use addons. Fix the UI!

• nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gidorick wrote: »
    NDwarf wrote: »
    Character levels
    Veteran Levels
    Skill Levels
    Skill Points
    Champ Points

Cheese and crackers what a horrid system. It's like they sat down at a board meeting and said, "Guys we can go with a level based system or a skill point based system." Then some dev was like, "why not both?"

Your horrible system is my favorite mmo progression system in the market :)
    Endless character progression.
    Nothing makes me stop playing an mmo faster than level cap.

Really? Then you might be interested in my perpetual progression concept @nimander99!

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/199791/perpetual-independent-end-game-level-progression-concept

You so shameless ;) I especially love the Scaled Content idea you propose and truly hope that is added... another peeve is content waste after I level out.

[Moderator Note: Edited quote to match moderated version]
    Edited by ZOS_Alex on August 26, 2015 6:39PM
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lastly, i wish people would stop acting like someone getting laid off is no big deal, IT IS A BIG DEAL! i don't care its customer service or a Manager, these people have families and kids, and they don't deserve to be spoken about as if their plight doesn't matter.....layoffs in general just suck, and all these people have my sympathies and i hope they find gainful employment very soon.
    Honestly, it depends. Sometimes getting laid off is a big deal, and sometimes it isn't. It depends on the circumstances.

I have a friend who used to work a job where 90% of the staff got laid off every winter. It was no big deal because everyone knew about it, they knew they'd be hired again in the spring, and they planned their year around it.

In lots of industries it's common for companies to ramp up their staff while working on a big project, with the understanding that once the project has completed there will be layoffs because they won't need that many employees for the normal operations. In these cases the staff understand that there's a chance they'll be laid off afterward. They may be hoping that they'll stay on, but they know that they might not, so if they're smart they have a backup plan in place.

The situation at ZOS sounds similar to the latter case. Console launch was a big project, and now that the consoles are more or less stabilized they can revert to more normal staffing levels. That means layoffs, but the staff should have been expecting at least some layoffs. It's still going to be somewhat sad for them (definitely more sad than in the seasonal layoffs example I gave), but when people expect that a round of layoffs will be coming they can prepare, and hopefully be well positioned to move on to the next job when it happens.

When layoffs are really a big deal is when the employees don't see it coming. That's when it can really make life difficult for them.

Once again @UrQuan says in several paragraphs (with perfect formatting to boot) what I say in a sarcastic sentence ;)
    That's just because I'm overly wordy... It's a character flaw. I always say that if brevity is the soul of wit, I'm pretty darn witless. :p

Your writing sometimes makes me think of Steven Erikson for some reason. Nothing I find more pleasant and pleasurable then a well written page of text :)
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Your writing sometimes makes me think of Steven Erikson for some reason. Nothing I find more pleasant and pleasurable then a well written page of text :)
    Well now I have to look up Steven Erikson :)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • wraith808
    wraith808
    ✭✭✭✭

@UrQuan

I gave you an awesome because they took away my LOL :smile:
    Edited by wraith808 on August 26, 2015 6:57PM
    Quasim ibn-Muhammad - VR 12 Redguard Dragon Knight
    Taladriel Vanima - VR 5 Altmer Nightblade
    Ambalyo iyo Bogaadin - VR 1 Redguard Sorceror
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wraith808 wrote: »

@UrQuan

I gave you an awesome because they took away my LOL :smile:
    *sigh* I miss the LOL button. I was proud of the LOLs I had accumulated :'(
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)