The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.4 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

24/7 Access to IC Going Live just Ruined Design and Purpose of IC

Pirhana7_ESO
Pirhana7_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
Giving all 3 alliances 24/7 access is ruining the purpose of the IC. having something to FIGHT FOR CONTROL of is what made it work so well in DAOC and actually made it a prize. It made it special and exciting.

Now your going to have a place that will take away from Cyrodiil instead of making thing sin Cyrodiil important.

24/7 access to IC means it will be zerg run all day. When only 1 side controls it there would be PVE for that side while having to watch your back from enemy stealth and skirimish groups which is the PVP we want!. Control would change hands many time a day, even the low population sides would have access many time a day because of enemy forces in IC and not in Cyrodiil.

You have a great concept with the IC that alot of people praised in DAOC as teh best MMO experience they ever had and you are ruining it because of people who Cry that they need perma access to content they are paying for without understanding how the control mechanics actually work, have purpuse, and even bring balance .

If you actually put in the keep control mechanic i guurentee you 90% of the people against it will actually like it and approve of it once the get to experience it and see what it does.
Edited by Pirhana7_ESO on August 19, 2015 5:21PM
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They said they will have different rules for entry in different campaigns to test which one is favorable. On the PTS they have tested no limits, and they are currently testing limiting entrance to owning all home keeps.
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
    Options
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How about just needing the gate keeps cause again this is a PAID DLC and if some pays for it and can't access it cause some other faction is being rude that's gonna cause said players to quiet cause they wasted there money on content they can't even get into.
    Options
  • Iggybot
    Iggybot
    ✭✭✭
    I thought you had to control home keeps. If people are desperate they can guest a different campaign. I hope they keep the access limited to home keeps.
    Options
  • cjthibs
    cjthibs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about just needing the gate keeps cause again this is a PAID DLC and if some pays for it and can't access it cause some other faction is being rude that's gonna cause said players to quiet cause they wasted there money on content they can't even get into.

Being rude?!
    It's a simulation of a war...
    Edited by cjthibs on August 19, 2015 5:44PM
    Options
  • Thalmor-Nordmaster
    Thalmor-Nordmaster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    not a very well thought out simulation
    Options
  • cjthibs
    cjthibs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    not a very well thought out simulation

Then don't play it.
    Options
  • Paulhewhewria
    Paulhewhewria
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure you saw this comeing,but do we really need another thread http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/202328/there-cannot-be-access-gates-to-the-imperial-city-paid-dlc/p1
    ?
    Also as I've said before I don't think it'll matter either way because "HE WITH THE BIGGEST ARMY WINS THE GAME".I understand you want the outside of the imperial city to mean something,but unless the rewards are upped to make AP worth something again or something else is done it will be as you say anyway.
    Options
  • Thalmor-Nordmaster
    Thalmor-Nordmaster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh im going to play it. That has nothing to do with it being ill contrived
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The OP is right. I think it will be a grave error to let people into Imperial City with no requisite achievement in Cyrodiil.

As a buyer of the Imperial City DLC (via ESO Plus for the moment), I expect that Imperial City will be gated and that there will be some manner of entry criteria, one that is more than just sneaking around in Cyrodiil trying to avoid everyone. I do not expect to just be able to walk into the City any time I please. I expect to be locked out at times. I am expecting Imperial City to have a negative impact on Cyrodiil, even if gated. There will be plenty of discussions about this after Imperial City is released, so I won't go into it in detail now.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • Thalmor-Nordmaster
    Thalmor-Nordmaster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP forgets that Brian already said his piece on the matter

ZOS_BrianWheelerZOS_BrianWheeler
    mod
    Hey gang!

When Imperial City launches it will be open access to all Alliances in all Campaigns to all those who purchase the DLC or are ESO+ members. After the dust settles we'll be looking at Campaign population and feedback about the new rulesets also going out with the Imperial City update (that apply regardless of getting the DLC or not).

Based on those factors, we may or may not open\convert a Campaign to gated access to Imperial City, but again when Imperial City launches, it will not have Keep Gated access to start.
    Wheeler
    E.S.O. PVP Lead:
    Cyrodiil, Campaigns, Keeps and Siege, Imperial City
    August 18
    Staff Post
    3Insightful Agree 3Awesome Quote Report
    It has a caveat so take that for what its worth.
    Edited by Thalmor-Nordmaster on August 19, 2015 6:03PM
    Options
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The most noteworthy problem with limoted access is that team orange will just push out DC on all the can!paigns except for during off hours on azura and then they will grind up all the loot and gain a further advantage in cyrodiil keeping DC out permanently. That doesnt even account for all the sorcs that exploit into aleswell. So having restricted access is flawed.
    Edited by Cathexis on August 19, 2015 5:59PM
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
    Options
  • Paulhewhewria
    Paulhewhewria
    ✭✭✭

Yup and he said we may or may not see the resections return at later date.
    Options
  • Thalmor-Nordmaster
    Thalmor-Nordmaster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now as someone else pointed out keeps or no keeps you still have to run the gauntlet to get to your access point/gate/entrance. that will be the new Zergopolis © !!
    Options
  • Xeniph
    Xeniph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Screw what they have now. Own Emp, have IC. And kick those that die when their alliance doesn't own it.

It's nothing but a zerg fest in there, with people throwing themselves at the players every 20 seconds rez and repeat.
    Here since Beta.

Characters: All of them, both Stamina and Magicka.
    Options
  • Thalmor-Nordmaster
    Thalmor-Nordmaster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warlord edited to mention the caveat
    Options
  • Thalmor-Nordmaster
    Thalmor-Nordmaster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cathexis right now well at least last night on AS the blueberries were winning they had emp /5 scrolls and all the inner keeps.Bananas had 0 scrolls fare and gate keeps the apples had 2 gate keeps and one scroll and were losing a gate keep when i logged off. N/A Server

edited for server
    Edited by Thalmor-Nordmaster on August 19, 2015 6:11PM
    Options
  • Kupoking
    Kupoking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From my DAoC experience; IC access should be granted for 1 alliance at a time. And the change of aces should be broadcasted like emperor crown/depose and scrolls take/drops.

So players in there know what to expect a few minutes after access changes... hahaha
    Options
  • OGLezard
    OGLezard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reverting the change to gated access further proves ZoS only cares about what the care bears want. If you dont want gated access then DONT buy the darn dlc...... everyone was under the assumption that it would be gated because that was the rule set they were putting in place to avoid taking away from the main pvp. Now people are citing legal things when OFC they KNEW it would be gated BEFORE they bought it, which NEGATES any legal issues what so ever (paying for something and not being able to access it)

GG zos, thanks for caving in. Next up will be the difficulty will be adjusted, new dungeons will be scaled WAY down in difficulty, and TV stones can be earned outside of anyone owning the dlc just so it is "fair"
    Edited by OGLezard on August 19, 2015 7:10PM
    Options
  • Saltypretzels
    Saltypretzels
    ✭✭✭✭
    It makes sense to allow everyone access when the content first releases. People pay for it, they want to see it.

At a later point when shiny-ness rubs off it can be gated.

Seems like a perfect plan by ZoS. I don't see the problem.
    Options
  • sadownik
    sadownik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I personally udnerstand people that wanted unlimited acces, i really do. But as pvp player i know that it will lead to trouble. Empty campaigns, zergs running in the IC, no it wont be good.
    Options
  • cjthibs
    cjthibs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is what happens when people who don't PvP get to decide the future of a PvP zone.
    Options
  • AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cjthibs wrote: »

Being rude?!
    It's a simulation of a war...

War is polite. They wouldn't have let Tibbets write a dirty word on the side of the Enola Jay, that would be obscene.
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

mod
    Hey gang!

When Imperial City launches it will be open access to all Alliances in all Campaigns to all those who purchase the DLC or are ESO+ members. After the dust settles we'll be looking at Campaign population and feedback about the new rulesets also going out with the Imperial City update (that apply regardless of getting the DLC or not).

Based on those factors, we may or may not open\convert a Campaign to gated access to Imperial City, but again when Imperial City launches, it will not have Keep Gated access to start.

Yeah, I intend to stay out of both after launch. It will be only after the dust settles, maybe around Orsinium, that Cyrodiil and Imperial City will become interesting.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • Wycks
    Wycks
    ✭✭✭✭
    Carebear decisions ruin games.

The whole reason Darkness Falls was a success (this is based 100% on Darkness Falls FYI) was because you fought for access , it felt important, it created cohesive communities, you accomplished something, it created VALUE.

ZOS is really dropping the ball if it listens to players who think only of themselves and not the environment or greater goals of the game.
    The numbers thing is always going to be there, but it’s more down to player skill and there are ways through ability choice to configure a group to be stronger vs. large groups of people. - BRAIN WHEELER - 2012 - LOL
    Options
  • Pirhana7_ESO
    Pirhana7_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No one is going to quit because they have to wait a few hours for their side to gain back access. When their side does get back access it actually makes it exciting with a rush to go there and clear out the enemy alliance. Then when yourside loses access there is another adrenaline rush to make your last stand before you get cleared out. Then all this does it make you REALLY want access back so your alliance pushes in Cyrodiil to make that happen. And it will happen because the Enemy in control of IC doesnt have many forces left in Cyrodiil to stop you.

The idea was you Pay for the DLC to have the oppertunity to fight for the IC with your alliance. The same way you paid for the game so you could play with your alliance and TRY to take over enemy lands with the ultimate goal of your alliance taking enemy Scrolls and cowning an Emporor. No one quit because teh enemy stopped them from taking a Scroll or being crowned Emperor. Its teh same with the IC its a reward for your alliance for victory.

Like i said people who have not already experienced this system are crying about something they have not experienced.
    Edited by Pirhana7_ESO on August 19, 2015 7:48PM
    Options
  • cjthibs
    cjthibs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like i said people who have not already experienced this system are crying about something they have not experienced.

Yeah...but those rude people are going to attack me!
    Options
  • Pirhana7_ESO
    Pirhana7_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure you saw this comeing,but do we really need another thread http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/202328/there-cannot-be-access-gates-to-the-imperial-city-paid-dlc/p1
    ?
    Also as I've said before I don't think it'll matter either way because "HE WITH THE BIGGEST ARMY WINS THE GAME".I understand you want the outside of the imperial city to mean something,but unless the rewards are upped to make AP worth something again or something else is done it will be as you say anyway.

But the kicker is the side that controls the IC with the "biggest army" will have most of their army in IC and very small forces left in CYrodiil to defend so they will lose control. Yes the will take it back but the other alliances will still have windows to control IC inbetween. its a natural balancing mechanic.
    Options
  • Pirhana7_ESO
    Pirhana7_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

mod
    Hey gang!

Wheeler
    E.S.O. PVP Lead:
    Cyrodiil, Campaigns, Keeps and Siege, Imperial City
    August 18
    Staff Post
    3Insightful Agree 3Awesome Quote Report

This is why i made this thread and expressed my IMO.. well actually fact from playing in Darkness falls from DAOC
    Options
  • krees28b14_ESO
    krees28b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    sadownik wrote: »
    I personally udnerstand people that wanted unlimited acces, i really do. But as pvp player i know that it will lead to trouble. Empty campaigns, zergs running in the IC, no it wont be good.

Have to agree. I see the "I paid for it and want to see it, but do not want to earn it" people floating around everywhere. If your faction can not coordinate their pvp better... you deserve to lose and get rolled. Stand up and be a leader and get with other pvp players on your server and try to work with them. As a faction... not a guild or just friends.
    Options
  • AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No one is going to quit because they have to wait a few hours for their side to gain back access. When their side does get back access it actually makes it exciting with a rush to go there and clear out the enemy alliance. Then when yourside loses access there is another adrenaline rush to make your last stand before you get cleared out. Then all this does it make you REALLY want access back so your alliance pushes in Cyrodiil to make that happen. And it will happen because the Enemy in control of IC doesnt have many forces left in Cyrodiil to stop you.

The idea was your Pay for the DLC to have the oppertunity to fight for the IC with your alliance. The same way you paid for the game so you could play with your alliance and TRY to take over enemy lands with the ultimate goal of your alliance taking enemy Scrolls and cowning an Emporor. No one quit because teh enemy stopped them from taking a Ccoll or being crowned Emperor. Its teh same with the IC its a reward for your alliance for victory.

This will be better, now we can all drop into the center and zerg hard. Ball of AOEs ACTIVATE! Form of a healing springs! Shape of a whirlwind!
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
    Options