Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Why haven't they nerfed NBs yet?

• Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the Majority of NB are probably cats. Zos has a fascination/perversion for cats. They probably hoard cats in R/L. They may even have secret plushie/furry events. It's all about the cats.

You remind me of a friend of mine from Facebook who always spreads the most entertaining Thalmor propaganda :)
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.

My debut album on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@Gleandra/videos
    Options
  • Xeniph
    Xeniph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    I am against a regeneration penalty for cloak, stamina Nightblades would suffer too much.
    But come one, Cloak needs to be turned down considering the recent changes. No survivial skill in the game can be spammed without thinking anymore, why Cloak ? Cloak deserves the same penalty as Bolt Escape, 50% more cost within 4 seconds and it stacks.

That's not too much to ask for. Cloak will fullfill it's roll, and cloaking 2 times in a row will not cost the world. But more than that makes it ridiculous and OP.

Cloak can't have the same penalty. Unless it worked every damn time. I would be ok with that though. Sadly it doesn't freaking work every time. Yet bolt escape does. When they are equal in terms of usage, then they can receive the same treatment.

Honestly, try playing one in pvp. Then come back here and show me a video of you're pro cloaking.

Edit- I will support your changes when they remove all the counters/unreliability to it. Or add counters that prevent people from shielding or bolt escaping.
    Edited by Xeniph on August 19, 2015 5:46PM
    Here since Beta.

Characters: All of them, both Stamina and Magicka.
    Options
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xeniph wrote: »
    I am against a regeneration penalty for cloak, stamina Nightblades would suffer too much.
    But come one, Cloak needs to be turned down considering the recent changes. No survivial skill in the game can be spammed without thinking anymore, why Cloak ? Cloak deserves the same penalty as Bolt Escape, 50% more cost within 4 seconds and it stacks.

That's not too much to ask for. Cloak will fullfill it's roll, and cloaking 2 times in a row will not cost the world. But more than that makes it ridiculous and OP.

Cloak can't have the same penalty. Unless it worked every damn time. I would be ok with that though. Sadly it doesn't freaking work every time. Yet bolt escape does. When they are equal in terms of usage, then they can receive the same treatment.

Honestly, try playing one in pvp. Then come back here and show me a video of you're pro cloaking.

I know it is frustrating, that you can't rely on your ability. I feel you
    Cloak got fixed another time yesterday. if it still bugs, then another fix will come.

But it's about time to bring this penalty to Cloak.
    I agree that it's not fair to have a counter to cloak for the entire potion cooldown. But 10 seconds base duration for detect potions is way too weak and is a huge huge buff for cloak. Everyone suffers in this update and must learn to have less survivabilty, not cloak though.
    Edited by Dracane on August 19, 2015 5:46PM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.

Options
  • Xael
    Xael
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wait, Sooo after a year plus and Shadow Cloak is about to be finally fixed and now its OP, are you on Skooma or something..

I have waited for more than a year and we are not allowed to escape or use it really how it should have worked since get go and now you want a spam cost, I used to blow through my Magicka before just to make it work, you must be joking... there are plenty of counters to shadow cloak and Nightblades in general, Radiant Magelight is just one of them.. this is rediculous.. go roll a nightblade and bring it to VR14 (atleast) and play in Cyrodiil up until at least rank 5 AvA rank and then tell me how op they are.. I get killed all the time.. you know when I am deadly. I'll tell you when, when your down to half health and fighting someone else (as in preocupied with another enemy) thats when I am lurking in stealth on the side like a shark just waiting to kill you thats when I have the best chance and then to immediately get away...otherwise I cannot stand toe to toe with almighty sorc's or DK's and Templars, damn, I dont even want to get that bounty board quest.. ugh, someone that like DK's can just heal themselves like its going out of style.

I wish I had a potion that could just negate green dragons blood for like 10 secs or a Templars healing or a Sorc's bolt escape, if I did then it would be "welcome to my world..." Kotaro is done and drops the mic... stage left..

Yes yes yes, counters. Wake up
    None of these counters will counter anything, if a Nightblades wants to use Cloak for escaping. I already mentioned it before.
    Cloak is the most op survival mechanic in the game if you only use it for this purpose.

Everything else is getting nerfed, cloak is getting buffed. Directly and indirectly.
    I'm happy cloak is getting fixed. But you can't deny, that cloak is an OP survival mechanic (okay, you will deny it of course) I won't deny that Bolt Escape used to be a survival mechanic that needed to be brought in line. All survival mechanics got hit, now it's time for cloak to get hit and to be brought in line. That's only fair

Btw, remember our past Kotari.....

When you make statements like this I dare say you don't pvp much at all, and you certainly don't play a nightblade nor have you tried any of the methods already mentioned.

Radiant Magelight is the hardest counter in the game against Magicka Nightblades (the only build that can spam Cloak). You have a 12m range and have constant vision of them. Saying "wake up, none of these counters will counter anything" is an extremely false statement. For the record I am running RML on PTS and I have 0 problem sticking to NBs.
    I got killed in pvp, nerf everything...
    Options
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Cloak got fixed another time yesterday. if it still bugs, then another fix will come.

I agree that it's not fair to have a counter to cloak for the entire potion cooldown. But 10 seconds base duration for detect potions is way too weak and is a huge huge buff for cloak. Everyone suffers in this update and must learn to have less survivabilty, not cloak though.

Then bring the same penalty to hardened and healing ward as well.
    Everyone must learn to have less survivalbility. ;)
    R.I.P Dawnbreaker / Auriel´s Bow
    Member of the Arena Guild and the overpowered Banana Squad.
    Nathaerizh aka Cat - Nightblade V16 - EU

- Meow -
    Options
  • Xeniph
    Xeniph
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Remove the counters an guarantee it works for the advertised 2.9 seconds and you have a deal.
    Here since Beta.

Options
  • pmn100b16_ESO
    pmn100b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soulac wrote: »

Exactly, sorcerors acting like bolt escape is their only defensive skill and so cloak needs the same treatment. Give cloak the same penalty and give nightblades a big spammable class shield. Yes please.

Question for sorcerors, would you swap bolt escape and hardened ward, for cloak?
    Options
  • Xeniph
    Xeniph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know what it is right? Not a single magical melee, or stam spec complains about cloak. We just slot RML. It's the ranged magicka specs that find it useless cause they do their best to stay more than 12m away lol.

Honestly, find a spot on your bar for RML, keep curse up, thundering presence, or use talons and profit. Jeez
    Here since Beta.

Options
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No thanks, they already destroyed Bolt escape :D
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.

Options
  • Xeniph
    Xeniph
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Exactly, sorcerors acting like bolt escape is their only defensive skill and so cloak needs the same treatment. Give cloak the same penalty and give nightblades a big spammable class shield. Yes please.

Question for sorcerors, would you swap bolt escape and hardened ward, for cloak?

You damn well know they wouldn't. I'd take either. Prefer the shield though, cause you can't kill anyone running away :P
    Here since Beta.

Options
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay so just to avoid misunderstandings.
    So cloak is the only escape/survival skill that did not get nerfed with this update. A Nightblade can easily move out of range (12,20 meters) if not, then you're the one with issues, not me. And then ? Poof, gone.
    I'm not talking about cloak as an offense mechanic, Magelight works here. But cloak as an escape is the problem
    Edited by Dracane on August 19, 2015 6:07PM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.

Options
  • Xael
    Xael
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So cloak is now the best escape in the game and it has no trade offs ? A Nightblade can easily move out of range (12,20 meters) if not, then you're the one with issues, not me. And then ? Poof, gone.
    I'm not talking about cloak as an offense mechanic, Magelight works here. But cloak as an escape is the problem

Why are you letting him walk away?
    This is what I don't understand. So many people want to cry out "victimhood" in regards to NB pvp.
    Dude I don't let NBs get 12m away, I stay on them like white on rice. A NB can easily gap close, chances are if a NB is not sticking to you, he is trying to gtfo. That said, either let him go and give no F's or stay with him... The fact that Sorcs (who have the (arguably) best mobility) try and stay at max range (against NBs) is just mindblowing. IF a NB wants you, he will get you, unless you are Streaking across the battlefield which is no longer possible anyhow.

Enough with the "nerf NB" rhetoric guys, it's tiresome and soggy.
    I got killed in pvp, nerf everything...
    Options
  • Xeniph
    Xeniph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So cloak is the only escape/survival skill that did not get nerfed with this update. A Nightblade can easily move out of range (12,20 meters) if not, then you're the one with issues, not me. And then ? Poof, gone.

Honestly, if it's so easy show us a video of you running from a decent pvper. I mean it really shouldn't be a problem for you to show us why this needs nerfed.

I'm not being sarcastic or anything. I really want to see this from your perspective.
    Here since Beta.

Options
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Honestly, if it's so easy show us a video of you running from a decent pvper. I mean it really shouldn't be a problem for you to show us why this needs nerfed.

I'm not being sarcastic or anything. I really want to see this from your perspective.

Believe me, I wish I could. I would instantly become a YouTuber if I was able to record my gameplay and upload it. That's my dream :neutral: My laptop isn't even that bad, but it's not enough. I tried many things... but I have no clue how such things are working. I would appreciate suggestions on that
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.

Options
  • Xeniph
    Xeniph
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Believe me, I wish I could. I would instantly become a YouTuber if I was able to record my gameplay and upload it. That's my dream :neutral: My laptop isn't even that bad, but it's not enough. I tried many things... but I have no clue how such things are working. I would appreciate suggestions on that

Nvidia Shadow play or OBS suite. It doesn't take a good puter to record a video. It's not like streaming.
    Here since Beta.

Options
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nvidia Shadow play or OBS suite. It doesn't take a good puter to record a video. It's not like streaming.

I tried Shadow play, doesn't work. it just won't record, also the support couldn't help me.
    And Shadowplay wants me to adjust my game graphics to what nvidia wants and Nvidia sets everything to the lowest setting. So even IF it was working, it would look like a potatoe

11893762_757840591005027_6567443589896907548_o.jpg
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.

Options
  • Thalmor-Nordmaster
    Thalmor-Nordmaster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dracane you can also have someone in your guild team with you who has a stream setup. then you both are in the stream. Just make sure if it is a smelly wild elf that they take a bath. For If Smellivision is implemented by ZOS your eyes will water too much to play.
    Options
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've also tried some other things to record my gameplay. One of them worked even. But the quality was pretty bad.... It was okay when I was standing still, but it was very blurry and laggy when I was moving or in combat,
    It was really really complicated and it recorded in some fancy old formate, that I had to convert first. Which destroyed the quality even further

The funny thing, YouTube offered 1080p as a setting for my videos :D but the actual quality was worse than 240p
    Edited by Dracane on August 19, 2015 6:51PM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.

Options
  • Thalmor-Nordmaster
    Thalmor-Nordmaster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drac message sent
    Options
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Sorry, but if you aren't making that NB's life miserable by spamming Velocious Curse (28m range) on him, staying at streak distance of him or saving that detection pot for when he teleports to Shadow Image, then you are the one with issues.

Also, cloak isn't just an escape - it's what NBs have for survival (much like Hardened Ward for sorcs, which also didn't get nerfed with this update, or GDB for DKs, or Blazing Shield/Heals for Templars).
    Edited by DDuke on August 19, 2015 8:01PM
    Options
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »

Sorry, but if you aren't making that NB's life miserable by spamming Velocious Curse (28m range) on him, staying at streak distance of him or saving that detection pot for when he teleports to Shadow Image, then you are the one with issues.

Also, cloak isn't just an escape - it's what NBs have for survival (much like Hardened Ward for sorcs, which also didn't get nerfed with this update, or GDB for DKs, or Blazing Shield/Heals for Templars).

Sorry, don't have velocious curse :/
    Am stuck with Daedric Prey
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.

Options
  • Thalmor-Nordmaster
    Thalmor-Nordmaster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wait someone said blazing shield is now just a torch or flashlight for mats and dark corners. Is that so ?
    Options
  • Draehl
    Draehl
    ✭✭✭
    @Dracane
    I'd be okay with a cost increase like that if it were only in combat. I can't speak for everyone, but I use this all the time just tooling around the PvE world to gather and get chests/etc.
    Main: Breton Nightblade "Shadow Cleric" (Sustained Damage/offhealer) 5L/2H - Resto + S&B
    Alt: Argonian Dragonknight (Stam DoTs/Tank) 5H/2M - S&B + Bow
    Alt: Nord Templar Berserker (Rawr) 5M/2H - Dual Wield + Two Hander
    Alt: Altmer Sorceror (Pewpew) 7L - Destro + Resto
    Options
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So here's a question then about mage light and NBs. What about those players who don't have RML and don't wanna waste the skill points or time to level it up? What if the player doesn't wanna sue what is clearly a crutch skill? What if there a stamina build RML only helps magical builds.

This is the problem with cloak it forces players to use RML cause if they don't you just ambush and stabby stab the payer till they die and if they don't you just cloak and run away and do it again till they die. Because of you NBs RML is a crutch skill that players have to have equip just to walk around Cyrodiil and soon IC.

And to think some of you NB sill think DKs are the OP class and still needs nerfs while you still need buffs. You NBs are the OP class now and after U7 get ready for a year of nerfs just like DKs.
    Options
  • saintmurray
    saintmurray
    ✭✭✭
    Buff templars
    Saintmurray-V14-Bamplar-EP Former Emp Haderus
    Hans Incognito-V1 DK-EP
    #Betatester
    #Ipaidbeforeitwascool
    Options
  • Thalmor-Nordmaster
    Thalmor-Nordmaster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its not the DK's or the NB that needs nurfed. Its the racial system as a whole that needs to be either wiped out or actually equalized. All of the racials are carry overs from the PLAY AS YOU WANT ERA you know pre 1.03. Now they are nagging reminders of that past and a gimper of potentials.

Remove racial and leave it as class based. you wanna be a sorc ok you get sorc stuff. you wanna be a NB you get sin stuff. you wanna be a DK here have some lighter fluid and matches. You wanna heal here is a healing staff and some ppo/hmo plans oh and remember healing out of network is gonna cost you.

Sometimes simpler is better.

Options
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its not the DK's or the NB that needs nurfed. Its the racial system as a whole that needs to be either wiped out or actually equalized. All of the racials are carry overs from the PLAY AS YOU WANT ERA you know pre 1.03. Now they are nagging reminders of that past and a gimper of potentials.

Remove racial and leave it as class based. you wanna be a sorc ok you get sorc stuff. you wanna be a NB you get sin stuff. you wanna be a DK here have some lighter fluid and matches. You wanna heal here is a healing staff and some ppo/hmo plans oh and remember healing out of network is gonna cost you.

Buff Altmer, nerf lesser races because they are too strong in this game. (don't nerf Bosmer and Khajiit tooo hard, because the Dominion needs some spies and meat shields)
    Edited by Dracane on August 19, 2015 9:49PM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.

Options
  • AfkNinja
    AfkNinja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blazing shield is a bad joke.
    Options
  • whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Buff Altmer, nerf lesser races because they are too strong in this game. (don't nerf Bosmer and Khajiit tooo hard, because the Dominion needs some spies and meat shields)

Buff Altmer ??? Nerf lesser races because they are too strong... what?? Really.... Do we even play the same game... that just shows how out of touch you are... you are kidding right???
    Edited by whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO on August 20, 2015 12:09AM
    Signed, Kotaro Atani.PS5 NA
    VR16/ CP 160 Khajiit Nightblade of the Aldmeri Dominion, Guildmaster and Assassin of the Queen's Hand guild on NA PC. PvP Officer in the WOLF guild on NA PS5, and of course Master Thief. Currently 3120 CP out of 3600 CP on NA PS5. Currently 810 CP on NA PC (used for PTS testing purposes only). On PS5 I am also a Master Crafter, all traits done and learned, Jewelry crafting done. all Motifs learned on PS5 except for maybe two-three Motifs. Both Companions are Max level as are their Skills.Warrior, Lover, Thief.... Nightblade. Aldmeri Dominion For Life! For the Queen!! Go Dominion or go home ! "I have no hatred for the races of Man, but they are young. Like all children, they are driven by emotion. They lack the wisdom that comes with age. I would sooner place an Altmer infant on the Ruby Throne than surrender Tamriel to their capricious whims. The Altmer, the Bosmer and the Khajiit share the common traits of intelligence, patience and reason. We do not seek riches or plunder. Domination is not our goal, nor is the acclamation of power for its own sake. Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines. Stand with us." ―Your Queen Commands, Ayrenn Arana Aldmeri.(All 18 characters are AD only! This one is a AD Loyalist)Member of ESO Since January 29, 2014, started early Access 3/30/14 on PC, currently subbed on NA PS5 and on NA PC. Note- I only use PC for PTS testing purposes, the PS5 is my dedicated Game Platform.Note- for those that don't know how to say Kotaro Atani it's "Ko tar row Ah ta ni" (Ko with a Oh sound, tar which sounds like the sticky black tar stuff, row like rowing a boat, Ah with a AHHHH sound, Ta with a Tahhh sound, Neeee which sounds like knee)"The blowing sands of time wipe clean the footprints of the past...""Moonsugar may be the key to paradise, but it is through a false door...""A perfect society is always elsewhere..."- Unknown book of Khajiiti proverbs.
    Options
  • BrassRazoo
    BrassRazoo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because ZoS want everyone to play hide and seek and play gank games.
    Options