Maintenance for the week of June 17:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)

Why haven't they nerfed NBs yet?

• Xeniph
    Xeniph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zanen wrote: »
    NB got nerfed a lot more than most people realize in this update.

NB benefitted from nirn more than any other class because they don't have a class shield and shields don't benefit from mitigation.

Dodge roll, mobility and penetration nerfs also hit NBs particularly hard because they synergized well with the class.

The overall damage nerf also devalues their burst potential, and their weak healing options are weaker than ever, especially with the increased cost on rally.

Changes to blocking and siphoning attacks have also hurt them in tanking and healing roles, where DK and Templar are even farther ahead than they were before.

Overall I think class balance is likely to be better next update than it is currently if they can work the bugs out well enough to make a fine pass. I still think they need to find a way to make sorc effective in PVE without being OP in PVP. I think nirn was a poorly implemented attempt at that, and there are some adjustments in that direction in this update (particularly in gear) but I can't tell if they've struck the right balance yet.

But there new "i win button" cloak un does all that.

"I win Button" LOL

These NB's aren't defeating you with or because of Cloak. They are however pissing people off because they get away before you kill them.

That's why people are complaining, they refuse to slot the counters because they are situational and get frustrated when a NB gets away with his AP.
    Here since Beta.

Characters: All of them, both Stamina and Magicka.
    Options
  • Zanen
    Zanen
    ✭✭✭

I don't agree with that characterization of cloak at all.

Any AOE trumps cloak, there are abilities and pots specifically to nullify it.

I've never had any trouble countering cloak just with tornado, and that hasn't changed.

Options
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I've never had any trouble countering cloak just with tornado, and that hasn't changed.

Haven't you heard detect pots are near useless now.
    Options
  • Xael
    Xael
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But yet Radiant Magelight still works and not one NB got away from me tonight.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Rude and Insulting comments]
    Edited by ZOS_MatM on August 20, 2015 1:54AM
    I got killed in pvp, nerf everything...
    Options
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

NB benefitted from nirn more than any other class because they don't have a class shield and shields don't benefit from mitigation.

Dodge roll, mobility and penetration nerfs also hit NBs particularly hard because they synergized well with the class.

The overall damage nerf also devalues their burst potential, and their weak healing options are weaker than ever, especially with the increased cost on rally.

Changes to blocking and siphoning attacks have also hurt them in tanking and healing roles, where DK and Templar are even farther ahead than they were before.

Overall I think class balance is likely to be better next update than it is currently if they can work the bugs out well enough to make a fine pass. I still think they need to find a way to make sorc effective in PVE without being OP in PVP. I think nirn was a poorly implemented attempt at that, and there are some adjustments in that direction in this update (particularly in gear) but I can't tell if they've struck the right balance yet.

AoEs, potions, Mage light, flare

Potion which let you negate the only class defense of a whole class for around 13 seconds.
    How would you like a potion to remove all your heal, shields or don't let you block?

You want to counter cloak? Slot something for it.
    R.I.P Dawnbreaker / Auriel´s Bow
    Member of the Arena Guild and the overpowered Banana Squad.
    Nathaerizh aka Cat - Nightblade V16 - EU

- Meow -
    Options
  • Zanen
    Zanen
    ✭✭✭

Kinda my point they were near useless before outside a zerg where the opportunity cost was distributed, I've never had any trouble countering cloak without them.
    Breaking cloak for the entire potion cooldown, for everybody nearby, was broken. NB relies too much on cloak without a class shield or burst heal, more so now with the nerfs to block and dodge.

There aren't pots to continuously nullify core mechanics of other classes. I actually think the change was spot on, making cloak immune to detect pots entirely like they proposed a while ago would have been too much.

Options
  • Saint_JiubB14_ESO
    Saint_JiubB14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Xeniph wrote: »

"I win Button" LOL

These Sorc's aren't defeating you with or because of Bolt Escape. They are however pissing people off because they get away before you kill them.

That's why people are complaining, they refuse to slot the counters because they are situational and get frustrated when a Sorc gets away with his AP.

Yet that same argument first got a +50% cost increase and 0 magicka regen for 4 secs, which went live with +50% cost increase only a 50% penalty to magicka regen, the regen penalty was then removed, and now 6 months later, the 50% cost increase stacks.

Over a years worth of ZoS 'balancing' tells me you guys better figure out some new talking points or cloak will get nerfed, hard.
    You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.

Winston Churchill
    Options
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Give me a magica equivalent to tornado and you will never hear a word from me again on this topic.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

Options
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

"I win Button" LOL

These Sorc's aren't defeating you with or because of Bolt Escape. They are however pissing people off because they get away before you kill them.

That's why people are complaining, they refuse to slot the counters because they are situational and get frustrated when a Sorc gets away with his AP.

Yet that same argument first got a +50% cost increase and 0 magicka regen for 4 secs, which went live with +50% cost increase only a 50% penalty to magicka regen, the regen penalty was then removed, and now 6 months later, the 50% cost increase stacks.

Over a years worth of ZoS 'balancing' tells me you guys better figure out some new talking points or cloak will get nerfed, hard.

Bolt Escape doesn't get useless when someone uses a potion or is removed by AoEs or some light.
    The only real counter to Bolt escapes are Gap Closers and if you don't react with it in a second, the sorc is gone.

Don't compare two completely different skills from two completely different classes with completely different skills to defend themselves.
    Your main defense is your Shield, mine is cloak.

- Meow -
    Options
  • Arjun
    Arjun
    Soul Shriven
    Bfish22090 wrote: »
    Best pve dps and unkillable on the pts with the cloak fixes atm

lol NB's are not best PvE dps . . . dps is very situational . . . sometimes NB will do sick dps, but more of the time Iv'e seen sorcs and DK's do sick dps . NB's are certainly not unkillable in pvp . . .there are always counters for each class pvp build. You just need to know what skill(s) to use and how to approach them . . . I would say to you that you need to L2P.
    Edited by Arjun on August 19, 2015 8:15AM
    Options
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soulac wrote: »

"I win Button" LOL

Bolt Escape doesn't get useless when someone uses a potion or is removed by AoEs or some light.
    The only real counter to Bolt escapes are Gap Closers and if you don't react with it in a second, the sorc is gone.

Don't compare two completely different skills from two completely different classes with completely different skills to defend themselves.

The Sorc is not gone. You realize that Bolt Escape got nerfed to death and you can barely move 90 meters with it and guess what ? Then you're out of Magicka. Everyone can travel this distance in a few seconds and then the Sorcerer is dead, because he can't defend himself anymore.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.

My debut album on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@Gleandra/videos
    Options
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »

"I win Button" LOL

The Sorc is not gone. You realize that Bolt Escape got nerfed to death and you can barely move 90 meters with it and guess what ? Then you're out of Magicka. Everyone can travel this distance in a few seconds and then the Sorcerer is dead, because he can't defend himself anymore.

Doesn't change the fact that you can't compare cloak with bolt escape.
    Bolt Escape is based on mobility and cloak is not.
    Cloak makes you invisible and bolt escape doesn't.
    Cloak dodges attacks and bolt escape doesn't.
    Cloak is easily made useless and bolt escape will work every single time you want it to.
    Bolt Escape doesn't break or fail. Of course someone can charge you, but the skill did exactly what you expect from it.
    If someone places a Caltrops below me I could use cloak as often as I want to - it won't work.

Also keep in mind that you with your build runs out of Magicka that fast, that doesn't apply on everyone.
    A player can surely keep up with a bolting sorc, but it drains a hell lot of stamina which you also need to consider.
    If you bolt in the same direction over and over without making use of environment it's your own fault to get captured tho.

- Meow -
    Options
  • Thalmor-Nordmaster
    Thalmor-Nordmaster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NERF CAT PICTURES !!! For the win
    Options
  • Bfish22090
    Bfish22090
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They keep buffing nightblades while they nerf all the other classes
    Options
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bfish22090 wrote: »
    Best pve dps and unkillable on the pts with the cloak fixes atm

NB's have no life...."How do you kill, that which has no life"..... O.o
    NA Server - Kildair
    Options
  • Garion
    Garion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the biggest problem and the cause of all these nerf threads is that for the majority of other classes / playstyles primary defensive mechanisms were nerfed heavily. By comparison, cloak has been made stronger and that riles people considering the fact all of the other nerfs were excessive. They see cloaked untouched and it makes people angry - and rightly so, I'd say.
    Lastobeth - VR16 Sorc - PvP Rank 41 (AD)
    Lastoblyat - VR16 Templar - PvP Rank 14 (AD)
    Ninja Pete - VR16 NB - PvP Rank 10 (AD)
    Labo the Banana Slayer - VR14 Sorc - PvP Rank 12 (EP)

Member of Banana Squad | Officer of Arena
    Options
  • Vanzen
    Vanzen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nb hit like a truck, its insane. Fear/hit/dead. If you are enough a nuisance not to die asap, they will deign to cloak and do it again to show you how to behave.
    Nb are ruining my game since 1.6.
    They can cloak and escape : ok.
    They can hit like a truck : ok
    BOTH ?!
    No sir! Thats enough...
    Options
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"I win Button" LOL

Doesn't change the fact that you can't compare cloak with bolt escape.
    Bolt Escape is based on mobility and cloak is not.
    Cloak makes you invisible and bolt escape doesn't.
    Cloak dodges attacks and bolt escape doesn't.
    Cloak is easily made useless and bolt escape will work every single time you want it to.
    Bolt Escape doesn't break or fail. Of course someone can charge you, but the skill did exactly what you expect from it.
    If someone places a Caltrops below me I could use cloak as often as I want to - it won't work.

Also keep in mind that you with your build runs out of Magicka that fast, that doesn't apply on everyone.
    A player can surely keep up with a bolting sorc, but it drains a hell lot of stamina which you also need to consider.
    If you bolt in the same direction over and over without making use of environment it's your own fault to get captured tho.

Cloak is the only survial mechanic getting buffed in this update. Detection potions only have a base duration of 10 seconds now, that's nothing.

And don't tell me about revealing flare. Yes, Cloak has quite a few counters. But all of them are EASY to evade if you want to escape. Bolt Escape got nerfed to death, there is no need to argue about that. That's the difference between cloak and blink.... I can try as hard as I want to escape with bolt escape. If my enemy wants to caught me, he can do it. But if a Nightblade really wants to escape, nothing can stop him. No 20 meter, 10 sec detect potion, no slow revealing flare, no AoE and especially no Magelight.

Cloak is way too strong and too easy to use, no penalty. All these counters might work as a protection against a Nightblade, who wants to use cloak to harm you and who stays next to you. But the point here is using it as an Escape and survival mechanics and hands down, it's waaay stronger than any other mechanic in the game now.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.

Options
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am against a regeneration penalty for cloak, stamina Nightblades would suffer too much.
    But come one, Cloak needs to be turned down considering the recent changes. No survivial skill in the game can be spammed without thinking anymore, why Cloak ? Cloak deserves the same penalty as Bolt Escape, 50% more cost within 4 seconds and it stacks.

That's not too much to ask for. Cloak will fullfill it's roll, and cloaking 2 times in a row will not cost the world. But more than that makes it ridiculous and OP.
    Edited by Dracane on August 19, 2015 4:20PM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.

Options
  • Kupoking
    Kupoking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a secret:
    NB arent OP
    Options
  • OGLezard
    OGLezard
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"I win Button" LOL

@soulac apparently you never heard of speed potions? I get caught a lot by people who use movement speed to their advantage...so yea...bolt escape CAN be countered by a potion, most just refuse to use them/ dont even know they exist
    Options
  • whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am against a regeneration penalty for cloak, stamina Nightblades would suffer too much.
    But come one, Cloak needs to be turned down considering the recent changes. No survivial skill in the game can be spammed without thinking anymore, why Cloak ? Cloak deserves the same penalty as Bolt Escape, 50% more cost within 4 seconds and it stacks.

That's not too much to ask for. Cloak will fullfill it's roll, and cloaking 2 times in a row will not cost the world. But more than that makes it ridiculous and OP.

Wait, Sooo after a year plus and Shadow Cloak is about to be finally fixed and now its OP, are you on Skooma or something..

I have waited for more than a year and we are not allowed to escape or use it really how it should have worked since get go and now you want a spam cost, I used to blow through my Magicka before just to make it work, you must be joking... there are plenty of counters to shadow cloak and Nightblades in general, Radiant Magelight is just one of them.. this is rediculous.. go roll a nightblade and bring it to VR14 (atleast) and play in Cyrodiil up until at least rank 5 AvA rank and then tell me how op they are.. I get killed all the time.. you know when I am deadly. I'll tell you when, when your down to half health and fighting someone else (as in preocupied with another enemy) thats when I am lurking in stealth on the side like a shark just waiting to kill you thats when I have the best chance and then to immediately get away...otherwise I cannot stand toe to toe with almighty sorc's or DK's and Templars, damn, I dont even want to get that bounty board quest.. ugh, someone that like DK's can just heal themselves like its going out of style.

I wish I had a potion that could just negate green dragons blood for like 10 secs or a Templars healing or a Sorc's bolt escape, if I did then it would be "welcome to my world..." Kotaro is done and drops the mic... stage left..

Signed, Kotaro Atani.PS5 NA
    VR16/ CP 160 Khajiit Nightblade of the Aldmeri Dominion, Guildmaster and Assassin of the Queen's Hand guild on NA PC. PvP Officer in the WOLF guild on NA PS5, and of course Master Thief. Currently 3120 CP out of 3600 CP on NA PS5. Currently 810 CP on NA PC (used for PTS testing purposes only). On PS5 I am also a Master Crafter, all traits done and learned, Jewelry crafting done. all Motifs learned on PS5 except for maybe two-three Motifs. Both Companions are Max level as are their Skills.Warrior, Lover, Thief.... Nightblade. Aldmeri Dominion For Life! For the Queen!! Go Dominion or go home ! "I have no hatred for the races of Man, but they are young. Like all children, they are driven by emotion. They lack the wisdom that comes with age. I would sooner place an Altmer infant on the Ruby Throne than surrender Tamriel to their capricious whims. The Altmer, the Bosmer and the Khajiit share the common traits of intelligence, patience and reason. We do not seek riches or plunder. Domination is not our goal, nor is the acclamation of power for its own sake. Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines. Stand with us." ―Your Queen Commands, Ayrenn Arana Aldmeri.(All 18 characters are AD only! This one is a AD Loyalist)Member of ESO Since January 29, 2014, started early Access 3/30/14 on PC, currently subbed on NA PS5 and on NA PC. Note- I only use PC for PTS testing purposes, the PS5 is my dedicated Game Platform.Note- for those that don't know how to say Kotaro Atani it's "Ko tar row Ah ta ni" (Ko with a Oh sound, tar which sounds like the sticky black tar stuff, row like rowing a boat, Ah with a AHHHH sound, Ta with a Tahhh sound, Neeee which sounds like knee)"The blowing sands of time wipe clean the footprints of the past...""Moonsugar may be the key to paradise, but it is through a false door...""A perfect society is always elsewhere..."- Unknown book of Khajiiti proverbs.
    Options
  • pmn100b16_ESO
    pmn100b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make cloak work as reliably as bolt escape and roll dodge. Remove the myriad of counters to it. Slap a AoE stun on it while we're at it, then give it the cost increase. Then give nightblades a spammable class shield that mitigates magicka and stamina attacks.

Lets go...
    Edited by pmn100b16_ESO on August 19, 2015 5:11PM
    Options
  • MmmmTofu
    MmmmTofu
    ✭✭✭
    idk how some of NBs find aoe is a hard counter to stealth. I could flee almost every gone-bad zerg-fight with a 14s invis potion(i m no NB so no other goodies), on Live where detection pot still good.
    Options
  • WebBull
    WebBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To answer the question in the thread title......they haven't nerfed them yet because Zeni reacts way too slow. They will eventually get around to "fixing" them and then it will be a full year of nerfs and over nerfs like the DK received.
    Options
  • Xael
    Xael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or you can slot Radiant Magelight like I did and never worry about NBs... game is hard.
    I got killed in pvp, nerf everything...
    Options
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wait, Sooo after a year plus and Shadow Cloak is about to be finally fixed and now its OP, are you on Skooma or something..

I have waited for more than a year and we are not allowed to escape or use it really how it should have worked since get go and now you want a spam cost, I used to blow through my Magicka before just to make it work, you must be joking... there are plenty of counters to shadow cloak and Nightblades in general, Radiant Magelight is just one of them.. this is rediculous.. go roll a nightblade and bring it to VR14 (atleast) and play in Cyrodiil up until at least rank 5 AvA rank and then tell me how op they are.. I get killed all the time.. you know when I am deadly. I'll tell you when, when your down to half health and fighting someone else (as in preocupied with another enemy) thats when I am lurking in stealth on the side like a shark just waiting to kill you thats when I have the best chance and then to immediately get away...otherwise I cannot stand toe to toe with almighty sorc's or DK's and Templars, damn, I dont even want to get that bounty board quest.. ugh, someone that like DK's can just heal themselves like its going out of style.

I wish I had a potion that could just negate green dragons blood for like 10 secs or a Templars healing or a Sorc's bolt escape, if I did then it would be "welcome to my world..." Kotaro is done and drops the mic... stage left..

Yes yes yes, counters. Wake up
    None of these counters will counter anything, if a Nightblades wants to use Cloak for escaping. I already mentioned it before.
    Cloak is the most op survival mechanic in the game if you only use it for this purpose.

Everything else is getting nerfed, cloak is getting buffed. Directly and indirectly.
    I'm happy cloak is getting fixed. But you can't deny, that cloak is an OP survival mechanic (okay, you will deny it of course) I won't deny that Bolt Escape used to be a survival mechanic that needed to be brought in line. All survival mechanics got hit, now it's time for cloak to get hit and to be brought in line. That's only fair

Btw, remember our past Kotari.....
    Edited by Dracane on August 19, 2015 5:15PM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.

Options
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OGLezard wrote: »

"I win Button" LOL

@soulac apparently you never heard of speed potions? I get caught a lot by people who use movement speed to their advantage...so yea...bolt escape CAN be countered by a potion, most just refuse to use them/ dont even know they exist

And? Of course it´s counterable, but a potion doesn´t make it useless.
    If you attack a cloaking nb using a detection potion you hit him out of it, making him visible for everyone.
    Also Speedpotions alone are not enough to run after a bolting sorcerer and you still need a gap closer to finally do something.
    Edited by Soulac on August 19, 2015 5:18PM

- Meow -
    Options
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Healing debuffs, gap closers, movement speed buffs... A nightblade wants to cloak and escape all the time and no one bats an eye, a sorc spams bolt escape and everyone loses their minds. If not for their hard counters nb's would be out of control, and with their 'counters' being easy to work around...
    Options
  • Thalmor-Nordmaster
    Thalmor-Nordmaster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the Majority of NB are probably cats. Zos has a fascination/perversion for cats. They probably hoard cats in R/L. They may even have secret plushie/furry events. It's all about the cats.
    Options