2.1.1 Stamina Sorcerers?

• Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Instead of fixing only thePenetration bug which would have made stamina very balanced, they just drop nerfhammers everywhere rolldodge, stam rec...weap dmg bonuses lowered..

They always try to find a workaround to bugged stuff and add %mitigation etc..

then they finally fix the bugged skill and its OP again bc the %mitigation they introduced does smth with the skill that makes it OP so they have to readjust the mitigation formula once again lolololol
    Edited by Alcast on August 17, 2015 5:41PM
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

Options
  • kkampaseb17_ESO
    kkampaseb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    CP5 wrote: »
    FENGRUSH wrote: »
    and meanwhile theyre shy about buffing stam sorcs to the point they cant even make thundering presence equal on timing/bonus as boundless.

They have to be very careful cause a slight adjustment can shoot stamina sorcs to be overpowered O_o

In order to make stamina sorcs op they would need to do, something...

I think you missed my sarcasm :( I know written text is hard to show sarcasm. I guess I failed at it :)
    Options
  • skillastat
    skillastat
    ✭✭✭✭
    #buffstaminasorc
    (PC NA)
    -Saulo Stamina Sorcerer
    -skillastat Stamina Nightblade
    -a blade spirit Stamina Templar
    -Ultima Online I Magicka Dragonknight
    -'Solo DC* Stamina Sorcerer
    -'Ultima Online Stamina Dragonknight
    -Nerd Dk Tank Dragonknight
    -Solochi Magicka Sorcerer
    -Solo Lucci Magicka Nightblade
    -Sølomon Magicka Warden

*All characters are EP, except for one DC.

French Canadian!
    Options
  • jpalm1995
    jpalm1995
    ✭✭✭
    A stamina morph to encase and mines would be cool
    I always say that I hate this game, yet for some reason i'm still here.
    Options
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and meanwhile theyre shy about buffing stam sorcs to the point they cant even make thundering presence equal on timing/bonus as boundless.

They have to be very careful cause a slight adjustment can shoot stamina sorcs to be overpowered O_o

Lmao
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
    Options
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just out of curiosity are stam sorcs still hopelessly dependent on detect and invis pots in the pts?
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
    Options
  • Xael
    Xael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cathexis wrote: »
    Just out of curiosity are stam sorcs still hopelessly dependent on detect and invis pots in the pts?

No.
    I pull people out with Boundless Storm. I would slot radiant magelight if I could, but I need space for damage skills since we are a class neutral weapon spec.
    I got killed in pvp, nerf everything...
    Options
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I think you missed my sarcasm :( I know written text is hard to show sarcasm. I guess I failed at it :)

That was also sarcasm'ish.
    Options
  • kkampaseb17_ESO
    kkampaseb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭

That was also sarcasm'ish.

Arf you got me :p
    Options
  • F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahzek wrote: »
    You are correct we wouldnt need this topic if they were "optimized and ultimately viable", however ZOS themself have stated they want that to be the case. However their previous balancing attempts have all been quite lackluster and leave a lot to be desired
    That's exactly what I mean. The changes are either meaningless or revolutionary (and usually in a bad direction) to bother. It doesn't matter what I'm hoping for, the approach on ZOS' side doesn't leave with much optimism. If you consider PvE, it's even worse.
    And that is exactly why we make the discussion. So we can get them in a very good position finally.
    Stamina Sorcs need a passives that would make the build more synergetic rather than meaningless random Stamina morphs. That was being said hundreds of times and Thundering Presence is no exception. Of course, it's better to have "just the morphs" than not to have them, but in the end - both the cost and shortened lasting time are disputable with this particular ability. The list is rather long and the archetype needs a lot more to be alive and kicking. I left the idea long time ago, sorry if this disappoints people that still count on clear and competitive dialogue with ZOS.

@ZOS: So, again, where the two passives improvements that you mentioned in ESO Live 22?

:dizzy:
    Edited by F7sus4 on August 18, 2015 12:53PM
    Options
  • Huggalump
    Huggalump
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Storm Calling
    Expert Mage: This passive now grants 1/2% weapon damage per Sorcerer ability slotted in addition to its previous effects.

Mages Fury: This ability and its morphs can now critically hit.
    Thundering Presence: Fixed an issue where lower ranks of Thundering Presence were dealing too much additional damage during the initial bonus period. We also clarified the tooltip to indicate the bonus damage is in addition to the normal damage.

Daedric Summoning
    The Daedric Protection passive now grants 10/20% bonus stamina recovery in addition to its previous effects."

:dizzy:
    This is awesome! Stamina Sorcerers get some pretty great bonuses now when we slot sorcerer abilities! Now we just need Sorcerer abilities that are actually useful for stamina ^_^
    Options
  • Xeniph
    Xeniph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Am I the only one that caught this?

•Daedric Summoning

•The Daedric Protection passive now grants 10/20% bonus stamina recovery in addition to its previous effects.

Reduced resource costs
    Reduced Ultimate costs
    Increased weapon and spell damage
    And higher Stam regen than all the other classes.

What the actual freak!

#RevertNighbladeStamregennerf
    Edited by Xeniph on August 18, 2015 6:25PM
    Here since Beta.

Characters: All of them, both Stamina and Magicka.
    Options
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Xeniph wrote: »

•Daedric Summoning

•The Daedric Protection passive now grants 10/20% bonus stamina recovery in addition to its previous effects.

Reduced resource costs
    Reduced Ultimate costs

What the actual freak!

It's so illogical that instead of giving stam sorcs useful morphs, they give us 20 % stam regen if we slot daedric summoning skills... Which suck for stam build but are always used in magicka builds. BUFF MAGICKA SORCS ZOS! GOOD IDEA.

Edited by Erock25 on August 18, 2015 7:17PM
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
    Options
  • Xeniph
    Xeniph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Erock25 wrote: »

•Daedric Summoning

Reduced resource costs
    Reduced Ultimate costs

What the actual freak!

It's so illogical that instead of giving stam sorcs useful morphs, they give us 20 % stam regen if we slot daedric summoning skills... Which suck for stam build but are always used in magicka builds. BUFF MAGICKA SORCS ZOS! GOOD IDEA.

Oh I dunno, Bound Armaments can be pretty freaking amaizing for solo play. And A lot of folks use Hardened as a magicka dump.
    Here since Beta.

Characters: All of them, both Stamina and Magicka.
    Options
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭

•Daedric Summoning

Reduced resource costs
    Reduced Ultimate costs

What the actual freak!

Bound Armaments buff really, but most people don't use it. Really it's a buff just for me ^_^ I've explained in other threads how this it is undervalued as a flat damage bonus.

But seriously, with werewolf nerf, this is only actually a 5% stam regen bonus.

Edited by Cathexis on August 18, 2015 10:15PM
    Praise Malacath.
    Options
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just can't find room on both bars for bound armaments in pvp and hardened ward is detrimental in a stam spec until I'm convinced the overflow damage bug is gone. I'd put bound armaments on one bar but I swap all the time.
    Edited by Erock25 on August 18, 2015 10:59PM
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
    Options
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just can't find room on both bars for bound armaments in pvp and hardened ward is detrimental in a stam spec until I'm convinced the overflow damage bug is gone.

Edit woops
    I dropped execute and purge for it and never looked back. But I run a range build now...
    Edited by Cathexis on August 19, 2015 12:13AM
    Praise Malacath.
    Options
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cathexis wrote: »
    I just can't find room on both bars for bound armaments in pvp and hardened ward is detrimental in a stam spec until I'm convinced the overflow damage bug is gone.

I dropped it for execute and purge and never looked back. But I run a range build now...

i dropped the same two skills for it as a melee build. I enjoy it. I sit at 4k wpn dmg and 29k stam fully buffed with food. 24k stam with drink.
    PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
    Options
  • Xael
    Xael
    ✭✭✭✭✭

•Daedric Summoning

Reduced resource costs
    Reduced Ultimate costs

What the actual freak!

Oh I dunno, Bound Armaments can be pretty freaking amaizing for solo play. And A lot of folks use Hardened as a magicka dump.

Bound Armaments actually sucks. It takes up 2 slots (if not using the exploit) and only gives a paltry increase to tooltip damage. By paltry I mean 1-200 damage on stuff from dual wield and 400 to Wrecking Blow. This is with 33k Stamina at v16. It's total crap. Also no Stam Sorcs are going to be spamming heavy attacks when we can wrecking blow.
    Options
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You follow up the wrecking blow with a medium attack
    PC/NA

Youtube
    Options
  • Xael
    Xael
    ✭✭✭✭✭

A medium/Execute weave depending on their health %. BA is only heavy.
    Options
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xael wrote: »

A medium/Execute weave depending on their health %. BA is only heavy.

Ah man that sucks. I was under the impression medium attacks were considered heavy attacks unless they said "fully charged heavy attacks"

Edit: Doing some research it seems DK's Igneous Weapons does buff medium attacks so I would assume the same would be true for Bound Armaments.
    Edited by TBois on August 19, 2015 1:26AM
    PC/NA

Youtube
    Options
  • Waylander
    Waylander
    ✭✭✭✭
    The 20% stamina recovery attached to a tree with no abilities I slot on a stamina sorc is interesting.

Ward scales off magica of which I have about 10k.

Bound armaments is ok for PvE, but I can't find a space for it in PvP.

2h bar has 4 2h skill on it unless you want to drop wrecking blow or executioner (or if you can live without a gap closer). 5th skill I like streak for synergies with crit charge.

This also means only a 2% passive damage increase from the other stamina sorc buff.

Magica sorcs can rejoice though, infinite break free is that much easier to obtain for slotting the highest class shield in the game. Shows an understanding of balance so deep that it has lost me.
    Nocturnal - AD Oceanic PvP Guild
    Waylander
    Frankie
    Krylla
    Uniter
    Macgyverr
    Ivy
    Options
  • Mr_Koh
    Mr_Koh
    ✭✭✭
    Bound armaments is too hard to put on the bar, and it has to be on both bars, it is also the only ability worth slotting for stam sorcs. This 20% stam regen buff will be utilized most by magicka sorcs and I think should be reverted unless they can find a way to have this exclusively for stam sorc builds. As for the weapon damage buff you will not find yourself using more than 2 sorc abilities on your bar TOPS just from the nature of stam sorc having to rely on weapon abilities for gap closers, and some dps. So you're looking at a whopping 1% more weapon damage MAYBE. honestly I think they should just give the stam sorcs more weapon damage and leave the regen out of it since it creates a balancing issue.
    Options
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mr_Koh wrote: »
    Bound armaments is too hard to put on the bar, and it has to be on both bars, it is also the only ability worth slotting for stam sorcs. This 20% stam regen buff will be utilized most by magicka sorcs and I think should be reverted unless they can find a way to have this exclusively for stam sorc builds. As for the weapon damage buff you will not find yourself using more than 2 sorc abilities on your bar TOPS just from the nature of stam sorc having to rely on weapon abilities for gap closers, and some dps. So you're looking at a whopping 1% more weapon damage MAYBE. honestly I think they should just give the stam sorcs more weapon damage and leave the regen out of it since it creates a balancing issue.

I just hope whatever Eric was talking about in ESO Live along with these passives makes it to live. These changes are a step in the right direction, but there is still a lot to be done. @ZOS_RichLambert, any insight into what Eric's team is doing with that?
    Options
  • Xael
    Xael
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I just hope whatever Eric was talking about in ESO Live along with these passives makes it to live. These changes are a step in the right direction, but there is still a lot to be done. @ZOS_RichLambert, any insight into what Eric's team is doing with that?

Just remember for over a year we (myself and a couple others) have been asking for an offensive ability and passive redesign and just recently Eric gave us Thundering Presence and they celebrated and patted each other on the back as if they listened and gave us what we needed/wanted. I have 0 faith in their ability to steer this failboat.

The redesign to Expert Mage and Daedric Protection testify that they know very little about how their classes work in combat settings, let alone PvP.

edit: Not trying to be a negative Nancy, just being realistic. @ZOS I heard transparency is a good thing...
    Edited by Xael on August 19, 2015 2:14AM
    Options
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Just remember for over a year we (myself and a couple others) have been asking for an offensive ability and passive redesign and just recently Eric gave us Thundering Presence and they celebrated and patted each other on the back as if they listened and gave us what we needed/wanted. I have 0 faith in their ability to steer this failboat.

The redesign to Expert Mage and Daedric Protection testify that they know very little about how their classes work in combat settings, let alone PvP.

edit: Not trying to be a negative Nancy, just being realistic. @ZOS I heard transparency is a good thing...

I agree 100%, they better pull a rabbit out of their hat with that apparent change to improve the class but their record has left, little to be hopeful for. I was happy to see the passive changes make it into pts finally but with that really being it...
    Options
  • Mr_Koh
    Mr_Koh
    ✭✭✭

I agree 100%, they better pull a rabbit out of their hat with that apparent change to improve the class but their record has left, little to be hopeful for. I was happy to see the passive changes make it into pts finally but with that really being it...

No, stam sorcs are actually FINE imo. They haven't done the best job with it but they made useable improvements. These passive are just IMPOSSIBLE to take advantage of since half a percent is an insult, and 20 percent stam recovery on a skill so difficult to slot is just silly. Stam sorcs currently have one of, if not the best mobility for a stam build, but they lack reliable damage and sustain. They're hard to be successful with, but very fun if used correctly imo. Please make these passives useable and I will be happy with the win we got for now.
    Options
  • Xael
    Xael
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No, stam sorcs are actually FINE imo. They haven't done the best job with it but they made useable improvements. These passive are just IMPOSSIBLE to take advantage of since half a percent is an insult, and 20 percent stam recovery on a skill so difficult to slot is just silly. Stam sorcs currently have one of, if not the best mobility for a stam build, but they lack reliable damage and sustain. They're hard to be successful with, but very fun if used correctly imo. Please make these passives useable and I will be happy with the win we got for now.

No they are not FINE.
    In fact after stating that the rest of your post goes on to contradict it.
    Just because we have mobility doesn't mean we should play like a class neutral weapon spec. Sorry, but it's true.
    Every single class feels like exactly what they are (nbs, temps, and DKs). Sorcs on the otherhand outside of Ightning form are bound to whatever weapon they are wielding. We need a Stam ability from one of our lines (preferably a shard) and a more serious adjustment to our passives. This recent change is a joke.
    Options
  • Mr_Koh
    Mr_Koh
    ✭✭✭

No they are not FINE.
    In fact after stating that the rest of your post goes on to contradict it.
    Just because we have mobility doesn't mean we should play like a class neutral weapon spec. Sorry, but it's true.
    Every single class feels like exactly what they are (nbs, temps, and DKs). Sorcs on the otherhand outside of Ightning form are bound to whatever weapon they are wielding. We need a Stam ability from one of our lines (preferably a shard) and a more serious adjustment to our passives. This recent change is a joke.

Nightblades are stealthy burst. (they might do this too well but that's another story)
    Templars are big damage and sustain, but low mobility.
    DK'S are brutes with great DOTS, but low burst dmg
    And the sorcs are high mobility

This is for stam builds and the current situation on the PTS. Stam sorcs are FINE and if they could actually get this stam regen and some more weapon damage they will fit that role well enough for me to pick mine up. (which I will be doing either way next patch)
    Options