Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

2.1.1 Stamina Sorcerers?

GreyRanger
GreyRanger
✭✭✭
What happened to the the announced buffs to begin to make stamina sorcerers viable?
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    apparently we only need thundering presence... wish i was in charge of this crap, i'd actually implement alot of the main idea's from the 2.1 thread, mainly the passives
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

Options
  • Xael
    Xael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None of the passives were added this pts.
    The only thing to change was Thundering Presence which is better than last PTS but I don't like spending 2k+ stam every 4 seconds just to maintain a speed boost. The damage is low it's laughable. Here is my screenshot:

WGgWHza.jpg

@Huggalump @CP5 @kkampaseb17_ESO @FENGRUSH @Erock25
    I got killed in pvp, nerf everything...
    Options
  • Xael
    Xael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Patch notes said 300% tooltip is showing 200%. Which is it? rofl
    Options
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Xael wrote: »
    The only thing to change was Thundering Presence which is better than last PTS but I don't like spending 2k+ stam every 4 seconds just to maintain a speed boost. The damage is low it's laughable. Here is my screenshot:

WGgWHza.jpg

I don't use the emoji's often, but this is all I have for that... :|
    Options
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

WGgWHza.jpg

ugh makes me sick, even at a duration of 8 seconds the cost makes it a joke
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

Options
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    dsalter wrote: »

WGgWHza.jpg

ugh makes me sick, even if it was at a duration of 8 seconds the cost makes it a joke

woops, this one forgot to edit not quote, oh well sticking my guns on this one
    Edited by dsalter on August 12, 2015 7:35PM

Options
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

WGgWHza.jpg

Well since you excepted them to add critabe shields, even though they announced they're not going to do that many days ago....
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.

My debut album on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@Gleandra/videos
    Options
  • Huggalump
    Huggalump
    ✭✭✭✭

WGgWHza.jpg

I agree that it's a strange change and I definitely agree that stam sorcs need more.... but I don't think the cost is really a problem. It's not like the skill only lasts for 4 seconds, it's just much stronger for 4 seconds. It's still giving huge armor and resistance plus doing damage for 15 seconds. You can spam it every 4 seconds if you want, but it's not required for the skill to have an affect.

But ya, I wish the move speed lasted longer, but it's better than nothing, right? Here's to hoping that the rest of the promised stam sorc changes coming within the next few weeks.

@Xael thanks for the tag and for the screenshot
    Edited by Huggalump on August 12, 2015 7:40PM
    Options
  • sadownik
    sadownik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the whole system is just very poorly designed. You want stam sorc's more vailid? Take away some of possible builds for magica sorc. Thats just freaking weak.
    Options
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Huggalump wrote: »

WGgWHza.jpg

I agree that it's a strange change and I definitely agree that stam sorcs need more.... but I don't think the cost is really a problem. It's not like the skill only lasts for 4 seconds, it's just much stronger for 4 seconds. It's still giving huge armor and resistance plus doing damage for 15 seconds. You can spam it every 4 seconds if you want, but it's not required for the skill to have an affect.

But ya, I wish the move speed lasted longer, but it's better than nothing, right? Here's to hoping that the rest of the promised stam sorc changes coming within the next few weeks.

@Xael thanks for the tag and for the screenshot

Soon*
    Options
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sadownik wrote: »
    I think the whole system is just very poorly designed. You want stam sorc's more vailid? Take away some of possible builds for magica sorc. Thats just freaking weak.

I say, stop this insanity. This whole stamina Sorc thing is afflicting the Sorcerer community like a tumor since 6 months.
    I'm so glad, Zenimax managed to keep the damage low so far by making intelligent tweaks. But the limit is pretty much reached and they can barely make changes without causing damage to what Sorcerer is meant to be, A FREAKING MAGE omg.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.

Options
  • Xael
    Xael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »

WGgWHza.jpg

Well since you excepted them to add critabe shields, even though they announced they're not going to do that many days ago....

What does this even mean? Why are you here? Because I did not know they allegedly said they changed their mind about nerfing shields? Where is your source? Again, why are you here?
    Options
  • Xael
    Xael
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I say, stop this insanity. This whole stamina Sorc thing is afflicting the Sorcerer community like a tumor since 6 months.
    I'm so glad, Zenimax managed to keep the damage low so far by making intelligent tweaks. But the limit is pretty much reached and they can barely make changes without causing damage to what Sorcerer is meant to be, A FREAKING MAGE omg.

Trying to have an intelligent conversation with you in the room is like trying to clap with one hand.
    Options
  • Huggalump
    Huggalump
    ✭✭✭✭

templars summon heavenly javelins from the sky with stamina. This is the state of the game. Deal with it. Given the state of the game since they killed softcaps, every class needs a viable stamina and a viable magic based option
    Options
  • Teiji
    Teiji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1680 every second for the first four seconds, so 6720?

No idea on the base stats for Thundering Presence so we can start theorycrafting medium armor passives, jewellery and so on.
    "Serving Boethiah is Freedom, embracing heroism is Liberty, existing solely for noxiphilic sanguivoria is truth." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

European megaserver Fallout 4

Loyalist of Boethiah, heroism enthusiast, exposer of secrets, bless'ed of noxiphilic sanguivoria.

Nerf one grind, two more take its place; hail Gryndra!

I am a dank memer and satire enthusiast
    Options
  • Xael
    Xael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Teiji wrote: »
    1680 every second for the first four seconds, so 6720?

No idea on the base stats for Thundering Presence so we can start theorycrafting medium armor passives, jewellery and so on.

Did you manage to look at the screenshot?
    Options
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Trying to have an intelligent conversation with you in the room is like trying to clap with one hand.

Have you tried it ? I don't think so. So don't even try judging.

I am here to tell you, that Sorcerer will never be as good as other classes for stamina. Zenimax gave you tools, I'm sure this weapon damage thing will follow soon and 10% stamina regneration. And then ? What else do you want ? A spamable instant stamina class damage ability ?
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.

Options
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

doable but very awkward?

Options
  • Ahzek
    Ahzek
    ✭✭✭✭✭

doable but very awkward?

Oh i just found out i can actually do it !

also:
    What else do you want ? A spamable instant stamina class damage ability ?

yes please <3
    Jo'Khaljor
    Options
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

doable but very awkward?

Nooo :open_mouth: it's easy. But people have different opinions. You don't try to understand me or have insight for my opinions, so yea, it's impossible but that's your fault as well then.

I would gladly have a nice talk with you guys. It's just that this whole stamina Sorcerer thing is really exhausting at times.
    Edited by Dracane on August 12, 2015 8:01PM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.

Options
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sorc passive: 5% reduce cost.
    Sorc passive: x% weapon dmg of each sorc ability slotted.
    Sorc passive: Reduce costs of ultimates (Flawless dawnbreaker 85 ult)
    Bound aegis: 8% max stamina, I repeat EIGHT % MAX STAMINA !!!!!! + minor buff.
    Thundering Precence: Major resolve and ward. Every buff stack with champion points and medium armor general buff 3/4th of heavy armor. Now that you cant blockcast as effective, you need to be more tanky anyway.
    Crit surge: Making Sorc the only class that can go double bow for example without using pots.
    Overload ult: scales with weapon dmg, combine with new items.
    That pet ult thing, press x, get 25% increase dmg, new standard of might??

A different playstyle then a boring NB maybe, but common stop the raging before you actually have tried it, and if it dont suite your playstyle *** meta players then dont play it.

You are welcome, and ZOS offer me a job pls free win , Predicting the future! You are all welcome, who look at tooltip and have no idea, you just read and think omg I cant be OP with this, need buff PLOX. Tunnel vision noobs.

I would say stam sorc better then magicka. force pulse , crystal proc. overload? yeah you can overload as stamina too, did you know that ?
    Edited by OrphanHelgen on August 12, 2015 8:06PM
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
    Options
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahzek wrote: »

doable but very awkward?

also:

yes please <3

Khalidor, you're interested in being a stamina Sorcerer ? :smiley: Naughty cat
    Magicka Sorcerer doesn't have an instant ability as well, that is on par with other spammable class or weapon abilities. How about that ? I'm sure we could arrange something with Crystal Blast. But first we have to fix Mage's Fury and make it become our desired ability.
    Edited by Dracane on August 12, 2015 8:06PM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.

Options
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thundering Precence: Major resolve and ward. Every buff stack with champion points and medium armor general buff 3/4th of heavy armor. Now that you cant blockcast as effective, you need to be more tanky anyway.
    Crit surge: Making Sorc the only class that can go double bow for example without using pots.

A different playstyle then a boring NB maybe, but common stop the raging before you actually have tried it, and if it dont suite your playstyle *** meta players then dont play it.

You are welcome, and ZOS offer me a job pls free win , Predicting the future! You are all welcome, who look at tooltip and have no idea, you just read and think omg I cant be OP with this, need buff PLOX. Tunnel vision noobs.

I would say stam sorc better then magicka. force pulse , crystal proc. overload? yeah you can overload as stamina too, did you know that ?

Great. Okay I can't agree on the Atronach thing. Nobody uses this synergy and it only affects the atronach and the player who activates it. Doesn't count, but the rest sounds legit
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.

Options
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Great. Okay I can't agree on the Atronach thing. Nobody uses this synergy and it only affects the atronach and the player who activates it. Doesn't count, but the rest sounds legit

I agree, just had to put down points while I was at it.. I have to ask them personal to pls press my synergi :)
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
    Options
  • kkampaseb17_ESO
    kkampaseb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    This is the first time since the start of the game that I am so disappointed since April 2014.
    - No passives that were promised (biggest reason of my disappointment)
    - No proper fix for Thundering Presence
    - No secret aka stamina sorc spamable ability.

I really cannot express my disappointment

@ZOS_GinaBruno Anything to say on this?
    Options
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree, just had to put down points while I was at it.. I have to ask them personal to pls press my synergi :)

Haha ;) that's how it's done.

And I wouldn't even bother telling my allies to activate it. If the buff would affect the Atronach for his entire duration, it would be worth it and I'd tell them to activate it for me. But it only lasts 8 seconds, that's not usefull in my opinion. Okay, he does 200 more damage per second for 8 seconds: What a killer
    Edited by Dracane on August 12, 2015 8:21PM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.

Options
  • kkampaseb17_ESO
    kkampaseb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭

doable but very awkward?

also:

yes please <3

Magicka Sorcerer doesn't have an instant ability as well, that is on par with other spammable class or weapon abilities. How about that ? I'm sure we could arrange something with Crystal Blast. But first we have to fix Mage's Fury and make it become our desired ability.

Just a question. Do you want to show me what other class has a ranged high single target damage without casting time that they can spam? As a class ability.
    Edited by kkampaseb17_ESO on August 12, 2015 8:27PM
    Options
  • Dyride
    Dyride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They didn't give us this. If they do, 3% per ability would be so OP. Maybe 2% could work.
    Yeah, this is useful actually.

Minor Ward is so hilariously useless. The Heavy attack damage is ok if running a bow heavy attack build. Otherwise just a PVE DPS skill.

Armor is generally worthless in the current meta until they figure out Armor Penetration, which they seem unable to ever do.

Double Bow? Crit surge so far is nigh useless for reliable heals since 1.6, and will be when you can't crit on shields or if your target is blocking.

ONLY WORKS FOR THE PEOPLE WHO ACTIVATE THE SYNERGY! Lmao. The only thing the Atronach is useful for is LOS since they are easily stunned.
    stop the raging before you actually have tried it, and if it dont suite your playstyle *** meta players then dont play it.

LOL you have probably never tried a stamina sorc, unlike most of the other players on this thread who have given multiple rounds of feedback since the start of the game.

V Є H Є M Є И C Є
      Ḍ̼̭͔yride

Revenge of the Bear

ØMNI
      Solongandthanksforallthef
      Revenge of the Hist
      Revenge of the Deer

Remember the Great Burn of of the Blackwater War!

#FreeArgonia
      Options
    1. Dracane
      Dracane
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

doable but very awkward?

also:

yes please <3

Just a question. Do you want to show me what other class has a ranged high single target damage without casting time that they can spam? As a class ability.

Okay, so you get Crystal Shard procs out of nowhere ? Sounds like cheating :wink:
      Seriously, there is a chance for crystal shard to become an instant cast. But it's definately not spamable.
      Auri-El is my lord,
      Trinimac is my shield,
      Magnus is my mind.

Options
    2. kkampaseb17_ESO
      kkampaseb17_ESO
      ✭✭✭

doable but very awkward?

also:

yes please <3

Okay, so you get Crystal Shard procs out of nowhere ? Sounds like cheating :wink:
      Seriously, there is a chance for crystal shard to become an instant cast. But it's definately not spamable.

That is irrelevant. Have fun spaming Mage's Fury till it procs Crystal frags :p My question is pretty clear ;)

One more thing. None said that a stamina morph of Crystal Blast should be instant cast AND ranged. If it was an instant cast 10m cone with some serious damage or melee it would benefit people far more.
      Edited by kkampaseb17_ESO on August 12, 2015 9:26PM
      Options