Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

2.1.1 Stamina Sorcerers?

• Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol 1 second cast on shards yes it is spammable.
    Dracane wrote: »
    Xael wrote: »
    Dracane wrote: »
    sadownik wrote: »
    I think the whole system is just very poorly designed. You want stam sorc's more vailid? Take away some of possible builds for magica sorc. Thats just freaking weak.

I say, stop this insanity. This whole stamina Sorc thing is afflicting the Sorcerer community like a tumor since 6 months.
    I'm so glad, Zenimax managed to keep the damage low so far by making intelligent tweaks. But the limit is pretty much reached and they can barely make changes without causing damage to what Sorcerer is meant to be, A FREAKING MAGE omg.

Trying to have an intelligent conversation with you in the room is like trying to clap with one hand.

Have you tried it ? I don't think so. So don't even try judging.

I am here to tell you, that Sorcerer will never be as good as other classes for stamina. Zenimax gave you tools, I'm sure this weapon damage thing will follow soon and 10% stamina regneration. And then ? What else do you want ? A spamable instant stamina class damage ability ?

I would like reliable consistent damage mitigation like every other class has.

This is the first time since the start of the game that I am so disappointed since April 2014.
    - No passives that were promised (biggest reason of my disappointment)
    - No proper fix for Thundering Presence
    - No secret aka stamina sorc spamable ability.

I really cannot express my disappointment

@ZOS_GinaBruno Anything to say on this?

Sorc passive: 5% reduce cost.
    Sorc passive: x% weapon dmg of each sorc ability slotted.
    Sorc passive: Reduce costs of ultimates (Flawless dawnbreaker 85 ult)
    Bound aegis: 8% max stamina, I repeat EIGHT % MAX STAMINA !!!!!! + minor buff.
    Thundering Precence: Major resolve and ward. Every buff stack with champion points and medium armor general buff 3/4th of heavy armor. Now that you cant blockcast as effective, you need to be more tanky anyway.
    Crit surge: Making Sorc the only class that can go double bow for example without using pots.
    Overload ult: scales with weapon dmg, combine with new items.
    That pet ult thing, press x, get 25% increase dmg, new standard of might??

A different playstyle then a boring NB maybe, but common stop the raging before you actually have tried it, and if it dont suite your playstyle *** meta players then dont play it.

You are welcome, and ZOS offer me a job pls free win , Predicting the future! You are all welcome, who look at tooltip and have no idea, you just read and think omg I cant be OP with this, need buff PLOX. Tunnel vision noobs.

I would say stam sorc better then magicka. force pulse , crystal proc. overload? yeah you can overload as stamina too, did you know that ?

Let's not forget thundering presence and overload are both shock damage and stamina sorc's DONT HAVE SPELL PIERCE and that OVERLOAD IS AN ULTIMATE, NOT A SUSTAINABLE ATTACK.
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
    Options
  • Ahzek
    Ahzek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also overload becomes bad as soon as your opponent knows its comming -> whenever you would actually need it to take down a single opponent.
    Jo'Khaljor
    Options
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None of the passives were added this pts.
    The only thing to change was Thundering Presence which is better than last PTS but I don't like spending 2k+ stam every 4 seconds just to maintain a speed boost. The damage is low it's laughable. Here is my screenshot:

WGgWHza.jpg

@Huggalump @CP5 @kkampaseb17_ESO @FENGRUSH @Erock25

You're doing like 1500 DPS, though, during those 4 seconds... I would love if the magicka version did that! A whirly-blade Dual Wielder could really do some AOE damage by working this into his rotation.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
    Options
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only thing to change was Thundering Presence which is better than last PTS but I don't like spending 2k+ stam every 4 seconds just to maintain a speed boost. The damage is low it's laughable. Here is my screenshot:

WGgWHza.jpg

You're doing like 1500 DPS, though, during those 4 seconds... I would love if the magicka version did that! A whirly-blade Dual Wielder could really do some AOE damage by working this into his rotation.

1500 shock damage dps only if you are dry humping the target

Meaning this is useless for range builds (which is way more advantageous as a sorc), or vs range builds, or using any build that doesn't use spell pierce (which is all stamina builds)
    Edited by Cathexis on August 12, 2015 10:20PM
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
    Options
  • Xael
    Xael
    ✭✭✭✭✭

WGgWHza.jpg

I don't care about PvE. If this was about PvE I would not be complaining. This is PvP and it only does "ok" damage on crits which can easily be outhealed by just vigor, let alone adding rally to the mix which every stamina user will likely have. Add to the fact people will have shields and over 20k health, it's paltry at best.
    SMRvF3w.png
    I got killed in pvp, nerf everything...
    Options
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good looking out from the stam sorcs posting in this thread. For the other people posting anything short of thanks for breaking your promises on making pretty easy changes ZOS - well.. thanks for the bumps?

Is it hard to tweak a passive? Nope.

This is what happens when you only balance once every 6 months during a huge content patch though. This is why the games balance is never exactly in a great place.

How many pages can this thread get up to without a response? Lets continue arguing with people who say things like sorc is a magicka class and keep it at the top.
    Options
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FENGRUSH wrote: »
    This is what happens when you only balance once every 6 months during a huge content patch though. This is why the games balance is never exactly in a great place.

This is a HUGE problem. I hate that balance changes and a lot of bug fixes are tied to major updates, which only happen every 6 months despite being promised more frequent updates after launch.

Edit: I won't be changing my stam sorc build after patch except for getting rid of ravager set. ZOS's buffs really didn't help our plight like most stam sorcs predicted. I mean we really did try to let them know that they weren't headed in the right direction. I'm exhausted with the issue tbh, and won't be posting as much in these threads.
    Edited by TBois on August 12, 2015 11:51PM
    PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
    Options
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

This is a HUGE problem. I hate that balance changes and a lot of bug fixes are tied to major updates, which only happen every 6 months despite being promised more frequent updates after launch.

Edit: I won't be changing my stam sorc build after patch except for getting rid of ravager set. ZOS's buffs really didn't help our plight like most stam sorcs predicted. I mean we really did try to let them know that they weren't headed in the right direction. I'm exhausted with the issue tbh, and won't be posting as much in these threads.

It is extremely disheartening, especially considering these changes were looked forward to by many stam sorcs since they were promised during the 1.6 PTS phase.
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
    Options
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    goin back to stick and skirt i guess
    Options
  • Waylander
    Waylander
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorc passive: x% weapon dmg of each sorc ability slotted.
    They didn't give us this. If they do, 3% per ability would be so OP. Maybe 2% could work.

3% per ability slotted would most likely not be at all OP. On my stam sorc I only have room for 1 ability on my 2h bar and 2-3 abilities on my buff/aoe bar. So 3% per ability would give 3-9% max.

You could add another 3% if you wanted to slot a sorc ultimate, but easier to slot dawnbreaker for a greater % and decent instant cast AoE damage (especially vs vamps).

I dont find my damage lacking as a stamina sorc though. Land a wrecking blow and it is good night sweet prince.

My issue is more around survivability as we don't have an effective class shield for annoying things like jesus beam, DK dots etc.

Having one of the morphs of our class shield scale on health would be good. In terms of how much I think 33-40% (after battle spirit) given the nerfs to dodge roll as an active defense.

In relation to thundering presence, did I read correctly that the magica morph speed buff is 8.5 seconds at max level? I will be slotting this over a small increase in shock dmg. The only plus of either morph doing shock dmg is that it looks great and infrequently procs a disintegrate which does 7-8k dmg

Nocturnal - AD Oceanic PvP Guild
    Waylander
    Frankie
    Krylla
    Uniter
    Macgyverr
    Ivy
    Options
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Waylander wrote: »

In relation to thundering presence, did I read correctly that the magica morph speed buff is 8.5 seconds at max level? I will be slotting this over a small increase in shock dmg.

The patch notes say 7.5 second time is maximum value so at Boundless IV it has the same duration of Major Endurance as Live.
    Edited by Erock25 on August 13, 2015 1:54AM
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
    Options
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Good looking out from the stam sorcs posting in this thread. For the other people posting anything short of thanks for breaking your promises on making pretty easy changes ZOS - well.. thanks for the bumps?

How many pages can this thread get up to without a response? Lets continue arguing with people who say things like sorc is a magicka class and keep it at the top.

My Stam Sorc is v10 now, soon v14 and I guess I have to find ways to make it work lol. But those changes are max worth a "LoL". Even ZOS has been bragging "get ready for super hype Stam Sorc changes" but i think they really dont get it.

And ye, instead of tweaking the game a little every Month they always go with a big patch and lots of cahnges just to screw up everything again ;) /zoslogic
    Edited by Alcast on August 13, 2015 7:58AM
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

Options
  • Huggalump
    Huggalump
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »

My Stam Sorc is v10 now, soon v14 and I guess I have to find ways to make it work lol. But those changes are max worth a "LoL". Even ZOS has been bragging "get ready for super hype Stam Sorc changes" but i think they really dont get it.

And ye, instead of tweaking the game a little every Month they always go with a big patch and lots of cahnges just to screw up everything again ;) /zoslogic

It's only the PTS. The patch isn't out yet, so let's try to keep positive until we see the final result

EDIT: But that being said, i'm sure Zos is lurking here, so let me say that we all know there needs to be more coming for stam sorcs to be viable. This thread is the result of the confusing communication. We were told there would be more, then we don't see it and we don't know why. Thundering Presence is nice, the change this patch is confusing, but even if Thundering presence was made to be amazing, it still isn't the only thing that will make stam sorcs worthwhile. Mobility, passives that stamina users get value out of, at least one stamina based damage ability, and maybe the entire Daedric Summoning tree not being worthelss for stam
    Edited by Huggalump on August 13, 2015 8:16AM
    Options
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huggalump wrote: »
    Alcast wrote: »

It's only the PTS. The patch isn't out yet, so let's try to keep positive until we see the final result

EDIT: But that being said, i'm sure Zos is lurking here, so let me say that we all know there needs to be more coming for stam sorcs to be viable. This thread is the result of the confusing communication. We were told there would be more, then we don't see it and we don't know why. Thundering Presence is nice, the change this patch is confusing, but even if Thundering presence was made to be amazing, it still isn't the only thing that will make stam sorcs worthwhile. Mobility, passives that stamina users get value out of, at least one stamina based damage ability, and maybe the entire Daedric Summoning tree not being worthelss for stam

Before the PTS came out we told them how these changes would be recieved. After the PTS came out I had an open mind and tried the new skills to see if any of our previous PTS input had helped them hone the changes to something useful. The core of it is that the changes the want to make are not the changes that stam sorcs need. So when the new patch goes live I doubt anything will have changed besides maybe we have more weapon damage.
    PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
    Options
  • exiledtyrant
    exiledtyrant
    ✭✭✭
    Built a vr 16 redguard with:
    32k stamina
    2700ish weapon damage without buffs
    4093 with buffs ( molag + brutality)
    58% crit chance
    25k health
    1800-2k stamina regen

Used Shocker set + molag kena + 3 piece agility jewelry + 2 endurance weapon. Wielded dagger and axe so weapon damage could be slightly higher with swords. CP was 25% healing received, 25% stamina regen, 25% critical damage heals.

Tried a full passive build with evil hunter, vigor, bound armor, thundering presence, and critical surge. Felt like a tickle fight with the mobs in the sewers. Time to kill was extremely high. Neither the thundering presence( 774 base damage at max buffs) or the shocker set that adds 1k damage to light attacks made up for much of anything even while constantly using the molag proc.

Swapped in a hidden blade for the evil hunter went down to to 48% crit chance about same rate of surge procs.

Did better that time but hidden blade was doing all the heavy lifting thundering made basically 0 difference. Weaving while having to trigger molag kena and shocker is extremely clunky. I wish they would just enable light/heavy attack builds by themselves otherwise I should just spam abilities.

Healing overall was extremely poor even with 50% healing % invested.

Went two handed and swapped hidden blade for wrecking blow. Wrecking blow did all the heavy lifting, basically where we started on live. Rally + vigor far better than surge + vigor in all scenarios so far.
    I can't condemn the Dev team for trying but in all honestly all I feel is disappointment. Sorcerers are not in any way shape or form a supported DOT class. Surge itself has itself designed around raw single target hits. Yet our new skill is an attempt at an empowered DOT that doesn't cut it and can't benefit from Critical surge. The spammy nature of the thundering presence skill is annoying in general. Dark deal is not proving to be worth the cast time. If I want stamina I invest in regen and always have it. If I want health I spam vigor or vigor + rally because surge is barely a trickle.

This may be great for tanks but outside that I am not seeing it. Surge healing can't be made consistent with the single target options we have now. The 18k armor and spell resist aint doing much in the way of mitigation( full med + thundering). Lastly most of my functional tools are still found outside of the class.

** Rune cage + flurry is still awesome
    If all are brethren
    How could my hands not tremble
    As breath fled my prey?

What blinds my vision?
    My hands are tools; it must be
    The haze of blossoms

-Salous the Penitent
    Options
  • Xael
    Xael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am pvping a lot on my stam sorc. I am also keeping logs of my damage via screenshots and recount. I plan on doing a write up in the next day or so. Fear not lads.
    Options
  • GreyRanger
    GreyRanger
    ✭✭✭
    exiledtyrant

Thanks for the update on your testing.
    Options
  • Ahzek
    Ahzek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually started using the stamina version of thindering presence since i realized it can procc ravager, so i have a pretty decent uptime on the buff. It goes heavy on my stamina to try keeping the speed/damage buff up, so i often just let it run out. On the other hand this makes crit surge the only magicka skill i am using on my stam sorc atm, meaning i can actually use green buff drinks and still never run out of magicka.

Jo'Khaljor
    Options
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Ahzek wrote: »
    I actually started using the stamina version of thindering presence since i realized it can procc ravager, so i have a pretty decent uptime on the buff. It goes heavy on my stamina to try keeping the speed/damage buff up, so i often just let it run out. On the other hand this makes crit surge the only magicka skill i am using on my stam sorc atm, meaning i can actually use green buff drinks and still never run out of magicka.

nice, thx for the info :) Do you know by any chance when the cooldown to ravager gets applied? After the proc ends or when the ravager proc starts?
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

Options
  • AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭

WGgWHza.jpg

I don't care about PvE. If this was about PvE I would not be complaining. This is PvP and it only does "ok" damage on crits which can easily be outhealed by just vigor, let alone adding rally to the mix which every stamina user will likely have. Add to the fact people will have shields and over 20k health, it's paltry at best.
    SMRvF3w.png

I don't think it looks that bad, compare it to the DK's armor buff, Hardened Armor. The Sorc version has the same armor value, does way more damage, and active damage not a small tick as a retaliation for a hit, and you get a mobility buff allowing for kite tanking in PVE that doesn't go away on attack.

Also want to note that the crit damage of some of your TP ticks is 50% of some DK bads' flame lash in your same parse.
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
    Options
  • Huggalump
    Huggalump
    ✭✭✭✭
    bump

At this point, not even looking for fixes, just looking for communication

~~ I believe ~~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0EZobdiJ4M
    Edited by Huggalump on August 15, 2015 12:45PM
    Options
  • kkampaseb17_ESO
    kkampaseb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Lets continue arguing with people who say things like sorc is a magicka class and keep it at the top.

These people still post in our threads?
    bump

At this point, not even looking for fixes, just looking for communication

~~ I believe ~~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0EZobdiJ4M

Yes good luck with that. Last night ESO live was like ignoring the elephant in the room. "Hey guys....remember those things we said we will do on ESO 22 and we did not deliver on 2.1.1 and then we continued to not communicate with you? Well we will continue to make like this never happened"
    Options
  • Xael
    Xael
    ✭✭✭✭✭

WGgWHza.jpg

SMRvF3w.png

I don't think it looks that bad, compare it to the DK's armor buff, Hardened Armor. The Sorc version has the same armor value, does way more damage, and active damage not a small tick as a retaliation for a hit, and you get a mobility buff allowing for kite tanking in PVE that doesn't go away on attack.

Also want to note that the crit damage of some of your TP ticks is 50% of some DK bads' flame lash in your same parse.

Those crits for over 1k are when I refreshed the skill. For that parse all I did was run around using Thundering in an EP zerg. I ended up switching back to Boundless Storm and I am glad I did. For the record I did spend a lot of time that night PvPing with Thundering. TP is a stamina waste. To make use of it you need to use it every 4 seconds. Sorry but even at 2k Stamina that will eventually screw you up. As for the Flame Lash, whoever was doing that has no idea how to gear or was a Stamina DK. My Magicka DK Flame Lash does several thousand more damage non crit. Also this is not about PvE, this is about PvP. TP is crap for PvP in it's current incarnation.
    Options
  • kkampaseb17_ESO
    kkampaseb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭

WGgWHza.jpg

SMRvF3w.png

Those crits for over 1k are when I refreshed the skill. For that parse all I did was run around using Thundering in an EP zerg. I ended up switching back to Boundless Storm and I am glad I did. For the record I did spend a lot of time that night PvPing with Thundering. TP is a stamina waste. To make use of it you need to use it every 4 seconds. Sorry but even at 2k Stamina that will eventually screw you up. As for the Flame Lash, whoever was doing that has no idea how to gear or was a Stamina DK. My Magicka DK Flame Lash does several thousand more damage non crit. Also this is not about PvE, this is about PvP. TP is crap for PvP in it's current incarnation.

Currently I am included to the same opinion about TP. If they increased the high damage for the first 8s and the speed buff for at least 6s then it might be worth it. Atm I think I will be going back to Boundless Storm. The only redeeming quality of TP is that it procs Ravager at least.....
    Options
  • Huggalump
    Huggalump
    ✭✭✭✭

WGgWHza.jpg

SMRvF3w.png

Currently I am included to the same opinion about TP. If they increased the high damage for the first 8s and the speed buff for at least 6s then it might be worth it. Atm I think I will be going back to Boundless Storm. The only redeeming quality of TP is that it procs Ravager at least.....

Yeah, I very quickly decided to go back to Boundless for the same reasons you guys posted, but also for another reason.... my magicka bar has to be used for something, right? As stamina sorcs, we have virtually no magic based ability we can get decent value out of except boundless storm. Instant cast rune prison is pretty nice, but what else would I possibly use for magicka?

Streak, sort of. Crit surge is FAAAR surpassed by Rally. What else would I even possibly use?
    Edited by Huggalump on August 15, 2015 3:28PM
    Options
  • Ahzek
    Ahzek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually use both crit surge AND rally. With a duration of 30 seconds it is not hard to weave a surge in here and there and the healing it provides can make a difference. While it is only 30% of the damage done, a 2k heal from a wrecking blow can be just what you need to recover a bit and continue fighting.
    Jo'Khaljor
    Options
  • Huggalump
    Huggalump
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ahzek wrote: »
    I actually use both crit surge AND rally. With a duration of 30 seconds it is not hard to weave a surge in here and there and the healing it provides can make a difference. While it is only 30% of the damage done, a 2k heal from a wrecking blow can be just what you need to recover a bit and continue fighting.

I was thinking about doing that, but my OCD drive for efficiency physically wouldn't allow me to drag two brutality skills onto my bar.

I'll have to give it a go though, good call.

EDIT: I also keep Dark Deal on my bar. I love the idea of Dark Deal. It's something stam sorcs can do that no other Stam class can do. Unfortunately, with Battle Spirit I'm afraid it does so little that it's not even worth the cast time.
    Edited by Huggalump on August 15, 2015 3:37PM
    Options
  • kkampaseb17_ESO
    kkampaseb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭

WGgWHza.jpg

SMRvF3w.png

Yeah, I very quickly decided to go back to Boundless for the same reasons you guys posted, but also for another reason.... my magicka bar has to be used for something, right? As stamina sorcs, we have virtually no magic based ability we can get decent value out of except boundless storm. Instant cast rune prison is pretty nice, but what else would I possibly use for magicka?

Streak, sort of. Crit surge is FAAAR surpassed by Rally. What else would I even possibly use?

Yes exactly. I mainly use my magicka bar for Defensive Rune and Critical Surge (hoping that the later will be fixed....if you don't know go check my thread on how it is broken on PTS atm).
    Options
  • Xael
    Xael
    ✭✭✭✭✭

WGgWHza.jpg

SMRvF3w.png

STREAK.
    I still use it, I still love it. Even though ZOS hamfisted it. GG
    Options
  • Ahzek
    Ahzek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Alcast The ravager CD seems to start right when it proccs. At least I managed to get it to procc in 3 seconds after it ran out.
    Jo'Khaljor
    Options