Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

15 GB Patch on PS4

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok someone mentioned turning on and off the ps4 for better download speed, award to that guy, i had 20 hours left for the last couple gb and it jumped to 40 min. Try it out, turn off the ps4 and turn it back on, worked for me, hope it works for you.

PAUSE the download... wait a few moments... RESUME. You will know in under 10 seconds if it worked. If the download time starts high, or starts low and climbs up to be several hours or days, repeat. It might take several attempts, so increase the wait time between PAUSE and RESUME. You can spend quite a while doing this and still come out ahead on a 12 hour download, so be patient. I reduced the download from 12 hrs to 3 hrs this way, which is still not fast but is better. I checked back periodically and repeated as needed. At one point it climbed up to 60 hours.

As for the DNS trick that is still being mentioned in this thread, and others, I still think that this is probably a waste of time for most people. In order for this to work, the ISP has to be directing PS4 users to slower download servers in such a way that going to Google or OpenDNS bypasses what they are doing. Most ISPs probably are not redirecting at all.
    Edited by Elsonso on June 25, 2015 12:01PM
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • urkonse
    urkonse
    ✭✭✭
    IF Monday`s Maintenance means ANOTHER 15GB **** , then bye!...
    why cant these updates be just 500-2000MB?
    Lightning guild is recruiting active players at any level & skill ( PS4 , EU)
  • rwilson1982
    rwilson1982
    Soul Shriven
    I will tell you something else I have observed. The size of the patch is 16GB but how long does it take to install once downloaded? It is near instantaneous. Do you want to know why it is near instantaneous? Because it is one, huge, flat data file.

I would be interested to know how they're going to fix it to be able to give us true incremental updates in future, rather than cumulative, when the data is currently a monolithic flat file.

Personally I won't hold my breath.
  • funkyjunky77
    Lmao, I started downloading this patch (or rather, re-downing) yesterday at 3pm, it's now 1:30pm the following day and it's still downloading...and I've got my ps4 hard wired to a 49Mbps fibre connection.

I've gone past the point of being angry and now I just find the whole thing hilarious. :p
  • greymittens
    Yesterday I got home and saw that despite being in rest mode (and all options to download turned on in settings) that it didn't download. Ok, it started as soon as i turned the ps4 on (out of rest mode). Oddly enough, my MK download did come through, maybe just coincidence on timing?

Patch said 50 hours remaining. I tried pause / start and it got it down to as low as 30 but eventually crept back up to 55 or 60. Whatever, wasn't going to keep hitting pause and go for 30 minutes either. Put the ps4 back into rest mode and did some other stuff. This was around 5:30pm.

At 9:00 i took ps4 out of rest mode to see if it was moving along. To my surprise there was a notification that said the download finished 30 min ago (8:30). So really what that leads me to believe is the ps4 doesn't even know how long it will take. 55 hr initial estimate done in 3 hours? No problem.
  • Visemere
    Visemere
    ✭✭
    56 hours mine quotes on a 6mb line.

ive speed tested and im getting the full speed on all other downloads, leads me to presume Zenimax are crippling downloads or their server is pants.
    Visemere - VR16 Argonian Templar - PS4 EU Dagger Fall Covenant
  • FelixTheCatt
    FelixTheCatt
    ✭✭✭
    The only thing i'll say about this is now I see why Sony gets so much heat about Psn. I'm sorry but a company of that magnitude has no excuse for it's lack of performance. I'm luckier than alot of you out there it seems , but to me these speeds were a complete failure. Unacceptable.

Post the complaints on Sonys forums. Watch their fanboy cheerleaders wet themselves. Seriously. They will.
    Xbox - Kuchini07
    Eso - FaCoffinDye (EP)
  • greymittens
    @Visemere - Does the patch come down from Zenimax? I thought once the patch passed Sony certification that it actually came down from the Sony network.

@FelixTheCatt - I agree, I switched from Xbox 360 to PS4 for this gen and while I have had no issues with the games or service of the PSN, I do find the transfer speed of the PSN is much slower than that of Xbox Live. I've tried lots of tricks and tips to increase this but never can get my downloads faster than about 15mb (on 80mb service, hard wire). I've just accepted that for large downloads it will take looooooooong.

• Hellbound_Syren
    Welp, if this patch was supposed to fix UI problems, then WHY DO I STILL GET UI ERROR CODES WHEN I LOG ON?! Maybe they could've fixed the glitching when you get on your mount (for some reason my screen goes whacko and speeds/teleports from under the map) or fix the whole getting hit by an enemy and being stuck in the ground sideways glitch? FFS Aside from the less lag thing, nothing's really changed. I'M STILL SEEING SIDEWAYS WALKING/CARTWHEELING MUDCRABS AND PETS!
  • FelixTheCatt
    FelixTheCatt
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure if this will do it for you Hellbound but if you log out of the game and delete the save file (the 10mb one) when you log back in it cleared my ongoing ui error message.

I also hardwired the Ps4 due to the ridiculously slow speeds over a 60mb line. It was still slow even after trying the pause/resume trick offered up earlier in this thread. Best I can figure is this has to be Psn. I've tried attempted to address the issue on Sonys forums in a polite constructive manner. Mistakenly I thought being more familiar with the product than I am , maybe there might be some helpful suggestions I might be able to try and pass along.

Basically I was ripped by regulars there for "whining and b@tching" about the Playstation. Apparently I was wrong for bringing it up there. Fairly sure I stated I actually owned a Ps4 and enjoy it quite a bit but wondered about possible issues with Psn. Trolls are mostly an uninventive and laughable lot but just ..... wow. Talk about thin-skinned.
    Edited by FelixTheCatt on June 25, 2015 3:49PM
    Xbox - Kuchini07
    Eso - FaCoffinDye (EP)
  • Slayerlord093
    Slayerlord093
    Soul Shriven
    Just finished downloading this patch. And wow... In the game everything is lagging badly.. Talking with npcs, shooting with a bow and arrow, even the npc was frozen and 5 seconds later he died. Before this patch I had no problems with these things.
    The special thing about life is living a life
  • karpman48
    karpman48
    Think getting this game running sweet on console is going to be a long drawn out process.

Should of pushed the release date back like the good old days instead of annoying there whole player base to the point where people will quit.

I bought digital edition, have considered asking Sony for me cash back since so far it's been a real bumpy ride.

Monkey
  • Artfuldodger
    Artfuldodger
    ✭✭✭
    Just started to read these posts after attempting to download the file. 45 hours to download? Really started to enjoy the game, but if I have to wait that long for a patch again I will not bother playing any more.

Edit to my year long download time (Okay I exaggerated) I turned the console off and on again. Now its downloading like a 100m athlete on steroids.
    Edited by Artfuldodger on June 25, 2015 5:00PM
    Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.
    -Johnny Depp
  • Lunerdog
    Lunerdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    karpman48 wrote: »
    Think getting this game running sweet on console is going to be a long drawn out process.

Should of pushed the release date back like the good old days instead of annoying there whole player base to the point where people will quit.

I bought digital edition, have considered asking Sony for me cash back since so far it's been a real bumpy ride.

Monkey

Blimey, the console release was a year late anyhoo :neutral:
  • Zusia211
    Zusia211
    ✭✭✭
    Seriously go read the thread at the top for patch notes. They fixed a lot. Half of the stuff they fixed I had no idea was a problem. I would had it ready to play last night but forgot about it so turned the PS4 off and no rest mode for it to keep downloading, but oh well.
    PSN: blinkgirl211 - if try adding me send message first cause lots of random people always tries to add me...
  • sadownik
    sadownik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zusia211 wrote: »
    Seriously go read the thread at the top for patch notes. They fixed a lot. Half of the stuff they fixed I had no idea was a problem. I would had it ready to play last night but forgot about it so turned the PS4 off and no rest mode for it to keep downloading, but oh well.

They have written they fixed a lot. Test it first praise later that the rule with zos. You should know that already.
    Edited by sadownik on June 25, 2015 5:09PM
  • Flint1985
    Flint1985
    Mine is still downloading, says 27 hours left. Oh the joy
  • Zusia211
    Zusia211
    ✭✭✭
    sadownik wrote: »

They have written they fixed a lot. Test it first praise later that the rule with zos. You should know that already.
    Why should I know that already if this is the first game I had with them....Also didn't praise them just said there is a list of all the fixes hence the 15GB...
    PSN: blinkgirl211 - if try adding me send message first cause lots of random people always tries to add me...
  • sadownik
    sadownik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sadownik wrote: »

Why should I know that already if this is the first game I had with them....Also didn't praise them just said there is a list of all the fixes hence the 15GB...

Im sorry 2 stars by your nick lead me astray. As far as i know patch nots for ps4 arent that different from x1?
    Edited by sadownik on June 25, 2015 5:15PM
  • kaycee2011
    kaycee2011
    Soul Shriven
    Absolute joke ESO!!!
    We are on 60mb fibre, yet 24hrs later this (pointless) F-I-F-T-E-E-N gig patch STILL hasn't finished downloading????!!???
    Wow. Great P.R. exercise.
    !!!!!!!!
  • Hellbound_Syren
    @FelixTheCatt I've tried that, and it's also not the same exact error message each time lol. Seriously though, for supposedly being a fix for most of these issues, they're still happening LOL
  • HobnailedBoots
    HobnailedBoots
    ✭✭✭
    Lol, y'all are still here? There's something wrong with your internet If you're still downloading. I downloaded it yesterday in 80 minutes flat. Unplug your modem :p
  • TheGamingFedora
    TheGamingFedora
    Soul Shriven
    Well, I was hoping it would be almost finished by morning but the power went out at some point in the middle of the night, and now I had to spend another day without playing to download the damn patch. 4 gigs to go but with multiple people sharing 2 mbps, it's not going to finish anytime soon.
  • HobnailedBoots
    HobnailedBoots
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I was hoping it would be almost finished by morning but the power went out at some point in the middle of the night, and now I had to spend another day without playing to download the damn patch. 4 gigs to go but with multiple people sharing 2 mbps, it's not going to finish anytime soon.

2 mbps??? Dude, I know everyone's budget is different but if you're gonna be playing an online game like this you really should have 50 mbps. 2mbps just isn't adequate.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

2 mbps??? Dude, I know everyone's budget is different but if you're gonna be playing an online game like this you really should have 50 mbps. 2mbps just isn't adequate.

Seriously, some people don't have a choice. Before fibreoptic was available in my town I was stuck at about 3mb down. Now I get 100. When I was stuck with that internet.. I honestly had NO choice - there was no better internet available in my area.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • TheGamingFedora
    TheGamingFedora
    Soul Shriven

It's supposed to be 3 mbps but as I stated before, my provider is Windstream and they are the embodiment of broadband failure.That and I live in a rural area. I'd love to have more bandwidth but they said they don't provide faster service for my area. I can play fine with 1 mbps with little lag, as long as someone isn't streaming media like YouTube or Netflix.
  • Slayerlord093
    Slayerlord093
    Soul Shriven
    MissBizz wrote: »

Seriously, some people don't have a choice. Before fibreoptic was available in my town I was stuck at about 3mb down. Now I get 100. When I was stuck with that internet.. I honestly had NO choice - there was no better internet available in my area.

Totally right, I only got 6 mbps.. It sucks but it will do..
    The special thing about life is living a life
  • Gorbinator
    Gorbinator
    Soul Shriven
    43 hours, restarted ps4, 110 minutes.
  • FelixTheCatt
    FelixTheCatt
    ✭✭✭
    They probably charge you an arm and a leg too. The farther you get from town , the less options which translates to a huge market. I feel for you.
    Xbox - Kuchini07
    Eso - FaCoffinDye (EP)
  • Cosmic_Forge
    Cosmic_Forge
    Soul Shriven
    THll2Qf.jpg

Still took 4 hours. I didn't know about the reset trick though.

Oh well. I'm ready to download the library of congress in a few minutes, if need be.

All hail the Giga-POWER.