15 GB Patch on PS4

• Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Heromofo wrote: »
    F**k this, I'm going back to FFXIV. They released a patch today for incremental bug fixes and that was 42mb. It literally took like 20seconds, if that.
    With ESO the download is jumping all over the place. One minute it's 3hrs, the next it's 18hrs. Don't get me wrong, I think the game is fun, but not fun enough to put up with s**t like this!

rpS6xiK.jpg

That might seem cute now. But if this is the norm. Youre going to see a lot of Console Players walk away from this game. And guess what happens to ZOSs baby then? It tanks. Theyve got all their eggs in the Console basket and if it doesnt succeed on Console itll take PC with it.

So keep posting your memes.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
    Options
  • Locket
    Locket
    dlepi24 wrote: »
    Locket wrote: »
    Hey guys. Just to follow up, we do understand that having to download such a large patch is frustrating and not ideal, and we want to let you know that we are actively working to ensure future ESOTU PS4 patches are not cumulative.

A big patch isn't all that big of a deal in my opinion as long as we're given a heads up so we can leave our PS4 in rest mode and DL the patch through the night.

It's been posted on the forums for a few days now...

See the bright yellow box at the top of the page? People should start paying attention to it more. Just a heads up, there will be maintenance on the login servers tomorrow morning 9am - 2pm EST. I wonder how I got that information?

But I don't thing it ever said anything about downloading a 15gb patch did it?
    Options
  • SizerKoze
    SizerKoze
    Soul Shriven
    @Locket Really? Funny I've played tons of MMO games in the past and I don't ever recall being forced to download almost 32gigs of 'patches' in this short space of time. A few hundred megs here and there, a well publicised and forewarned client update maybe after six months to a year, nothing on this level and with absolutely no warning.

The complaints are to try and ensure it doesn't happen again. Your trolling improves nothing.
    Options
  • eviltims
    eviltims
    I will download it, but like others super annoyed it is 15gb for nothing. Will stop subbing too, subbed at beginning because if ZOS did good I will support, with this no thank you.
    Options
  • Kazzy56
    Kazzy56
    ✭✭✭
    PS4 EU

Sithisvoid wrote: »
    After pausing and restarting my download several times i got my normal speeds going. 90 minutes for the 15g patch i recommend trying that until you hit where you should be.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!! Your a genius!! A star! A life saver!! It works! :)

<3

Young at heart. Slightly older in other places.
    PS4 player.
    If everything was perfect there would be nothing to strive for.
    Options
  • Anguished
    Anguished
    ✭✭
    I really want to play but I'm not waiting 36 hours for a patch.
    God damnit.
    Options
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guess I know why they are releasing the 1TB edition PS4. Going to need it at this rate.

You can actually replace the hard drive you have in your current PS4, by following the instructions here. So, your probably wondering how much space is left after the new Hard drive is installed. I had around 880.5GB( my drive was 1TB clean ) of free space after OS installs and patches to the PS4.
    Options
  • Locket
    Locket
    SizerKoze wrote: »
    @Locket Really? Funny I've played tons of MMO games in the past and I don't ever recall being forced to download almost 32gigs of 'patches' in this short space of time. A few hundred megs here and there, a well publicised and forewarned client update maybe after six months to a year, nothing on this level and with absolutely no warning.

The complaints are to try and ensure it doesn't happen again. Your trolling improves nothing.

WoW has 6.2 coming out and that's 32gb. Just one example. I don't feel like digging up more but I'm sure I could find more big patches in other MMOs.
    Options
  • Anguished
    Anguished
    ✭✭
    symonator wrote: »
    The servers are taking a battering because

A> digital copies of batman
    B> free ps plus version of driveclub
    C> ESO aswell

For sony servers

Aawell as planet side 2 being free, I can imagine how much of a beating that adds to it.
    Options
  • Lleksu
    Lleksu
    ✭✭✭
    Yup, consider my Plus cancelled. This was a major flub up. Some people have data allowances y'know. This is unacceptable.
    Options
  • Duerdal
    Duerdal
    ✭✭
    For those that are really struggling with the download, I found turning off my router, leaving it a min then turning back on, then going into my network settings and running through my connection got me down from 30hrs to 20mins. After about 5 mins it slowed again so repeated and it worked again. Had to do this 3 times to download quick but must trick the ps4 into using your proper speed until psn kicks in again.
    Options
  • Sunver
    Sunver
    ✭✭✭
    Hello console players! Are you playing already? Do you enjoy your game? Because I do :)

#PCMasterRace

Peace out :D
    Edited by Sunver on June 24, 2015 6:38PM
    When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained;
    What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?
    For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour.
    O LORD our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth!
    Options
  • Adam_Chattaway
    Adam_Chattaway
    ✭✭✭✭
    Duerdal wrote: »
    For those that are really struggling with the download, I found turning off my router, leaving it a min then turning back on, then going into my network settings and running through my connection got me down from 30hrs to 20mins. After about 5 mins it slowed again so repeated and it worked again. Had to do this 3 times to download quick but must trick the ps4 into using your proper speed until psn kicks in again.

"running through my connection" what does that mean? how can i run through my connection?
    I was once Banned for making a game criticism. Think about that.
    Options
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FMarin83 wrote: »
    Is this the norm for a patch to fix bugs? Finally the servers come up and now i have to wait 9 hours.

Try 77 hours ... Damn things ghtotttled to high heaven.
    Options
  • TheGamingFedora
    TheGamingFedora
    Soul Shriven
    I'm supposed to get 3 Mbps...but I have Windstream as a provider and they're as incompetent as any broadband provider can get. I get 2 Mbps from them at the most, on a good day. And they don't provide faster service for my area. Now I'm looking at a 15 gig update. I don't know who to be angry at more, Zenimax or Windstream.

Edit: oh and this is my first forum post....yay.
    Edited by TheGamingFedora on June 24, 2015 6:40PM
    Options
  • jaredhatter01_ESO

WoW has 6.2 coming out and that's 32gb. Just one example. I don't feel like digging up more but I'm sure I could find more big patches in other MMOs.

6.2 patch is nowhere near 32 gb. Keep defending this mess though.
    Options
  • celtic_fc_kw93
    Will this fix the not.getting eso plus and emperial content issuse .. please tell me it will :)
    Options
  • Keiro
    Keiro
    ✭✭
    My patch just dropped from 25 hours to 43 minutes, just keep pausing then restarting the download, eventually when it starts running at a rate representing your usual download speeds, eave it. Tried everything too beforehand to no avail. Despite having over 40mbps on PS4 it was a trickle. Hope this works for you all too, as it was frustrating to see over 20 hours when I actually start back at work tomorrow.... Unfortunately.
    Options
  • Germal
    Germal
    ✭✭✭
    Will this fix the not.getting eso plus and emperial content issuse .. please tell me it will :)

nope^^
    Options
  • Locket
    Locket

Ok then how big is it then smart guy? Because on my PC it says the test server patch is about 30gb
    Options
  • Slayerlord093
    Slayerlord093
    Soul Shriven
    My internet is slow atm....

35 hours till I can play lol. Maybe the connection will go faster in the night.. But I doubt it.
    The special thing about life is living a life
    Options
  • jaredhatter01_ESO

Ok then how big is it then smart guy? Because on my PC it says the test server patch is about 30gb

You must be redownloading the whole test server. On my PC it was a 2.5 gb download. A far cry from 32 gb (the size of the game atm). Nice try though 'smart guy.'
    Options
  • SizerKoze
    SizerKoze
    Soul Shriven

A well publicised update with a host of new content in a game that bears little resemblance to the game everyone played over ten years ago, so not quite the same thing. As implied I've seen this all before, I'd just like to see an admission of the screw up and an apology.
    Options
  • turbonights
    Keiro wrote: »
    My patch just dropped from 25 hours to 43 minutes, just keep pausing then restarting the download, eventually when it starts running at a rate representing your usual download speeds, eave it. Tried everything too beforehand to no avail. Despite having over 40mbps on PS4 it was a trickle. Hope this works for you all too, as it was frustrating to see over 20 hours when I actually start back at work tomorrow.... Unfortunately.

I don't think it would be as incredibly bad for some of us with decent internet. The problem is we can't even d/l at a margin of that speed. We're resorting to pause && start hammering to do short burst downloading before it slows and eventually the entire download stalls out. So that 10-30 minutes turns into hours regardless.
    Options
  • Lunerdog
    Lunerdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone wanna buy a ps4 ?

Complete with semi downloaded eso patch, only been thrown out the window once :)

Seriously though, are psn speeds always this pants ?
    Options
  • LariahHunding
    LariahHunding
    ✭✭✭✭

A well publicised update with a host of new content in a game that bears little resemblance to the game everyone played over ten years ago, so not quite the same thing. As implied I've seen this all before, I'd just like to see an admission of the screw up and an apology.
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/185588/playstation-4-patch-size#latest

They can still kiss where the sun don't shine.
    "Give a man a sweet roll, he only has one to steal. Give him a sweet roll recipe, he have bunches to steal."

Options
  • BdCHighVoltage
    OMG this update is insane. I live in a rural area. I have to pay 55 euro a month for my internet and the fastest speed I can get is 10megs down 4megs up.

This updates are insanely annoying for people like me so annoying :(

Also is the imperial edition content fixed I never read that or couldnt see it ?

you're lucky.

my best connection is 4 Mb down, 0,5 Mb Up...
    Options
  • Sacadon
    Sacadon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great for us PCers as this just won't fly for consoles.
    Options
  • Anguished
    Anguished
    ✭✭
    Sunver wrote: »
    Hello console players! Are you playing already? Do you enjoy your game? Because I do :)

#PCMasterRace

Peace out :D

The same "master race" that failed to beta test eso?
    I don't see what you're gloating about
    Options
  • SizerKoze
    SizerKoze
    Soul Shriven

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/185588/playstation-4-patch-size#latest

They can still kiss where the sun don't shine.

That's possibly the worst 'apology' I've ever seen though I read it before the edit... Drag a senior dev down here and make them grovel!
    Options