Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

15 GB Patch on PS4

• Lunerdog
    Lunerdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anguished wrote: »
    Sunver wrote: »
    Hello console players! Are you playing already? Do you enjoy your game? Because I do :)

#PCMasterRace

Peace out :D

The same "master race" that failed to beta test eso?
    I don't see what you're gloating about

They tried, but Zenipants weren't listening :(
  • AdamBourke
    AdamBourke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So...
    1. Where are the patch notes for 1.01, 1.02 and 1.03
    2. Why isn't this patch 1.01? Given that "1.01, 1.02, 1.03" weren't released?
    3. Why weren't they released?
    4. Why didn't xbox have the same updates?
    5. Why are xbox's updates a 1.0.x number, and PS4's are 1.x?
    6. Why is ESO+ more expensive on PS4?

I'm thinking I should have stayed on PC...
    PS4 - EU

Please put the Eyevea/EarthForge wayshrines back on the map?
  • dloke86ub17_ESO
    The reason it's so big is because it is multiple updates. I highly doubt it will be this size in the future. I was able to download it in about 45 minutes. If it's taking longer than a couple hours, you have a potato internet connection. Man can't play the game for an hour and people complain.
  • ForgiveMeGaia
    Hey guys, try to restart your router and ps4, it worked for me, from 40 hours came down to 110 mins.
    "Long is the arm of Boethiah, and swift is the blade.
    Deep is the cut, and subtle is the poison.
    Worship, O faithful. Pray your death is short.
    Worship, O faithful. Pray your death is quiet.
    Worship, O faithful. Worship the glory that is Boethiah."

• LariahHunding
    LariahHunding
    ✭✭✭✭
    The reason it's so big is because it is multiple updates. I highly doubt it will be this size in the future. I was able to download it in about 45 minutes. If it's taking longer than a couple hours, you have a potato internet connection. Man can't play the game for an hour and people complain.

Wrong, Einstein. We are downloading all the updates including the day one update. Read this.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/185588/playstation-4-patch-size#latest

And I have the best Internet I can get.
    "Give a man a sweet roll, he only has one to steal. Give him a sweet roll recipe, he have bunches to steal."

• DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And this, folks, is why I'm grateful that I've set my PS4 to do updates on active games every day at 6am. I'll be at work while it's updating so I don't have a problem. :smiley:
  • Keiro
    Keiro
    ✭✭
    @turbonights Yeah it would be great if we got even half of our download speeds... Mine has actually stabled now and not dropping. Although when I first starting downloading it I did everything I possibly could to speed it up, different DNS etc, eventook down firewall and couldn't get anywhere near a decent speed so I just set PS4 to rest and left it at that. I'm bored though so had another play around and reset my network settings back to auto and paused and restarted it a few times. Luckily I'll be back levelling my Templar soon.. Boy, does that class need some tweaks from what I've played so far....
  • hellcatlizzieb16_ESO
    So my last day off was the day with the major log in issue, today is a day off and there is a massive update of 15gb which I think may be capped download speed as I'm on 50mb fibre broadband, everything else is running at high speed but the download still has 16hrs to go. Tomorrow is my next day off and there is maintainance. I've pretty much given up hope of getting any chance to properly play this anytime soon.
  • HobnailedBoots
    HobnailedBoots
    ✭✭✭
    Hey guys. Just to follow up, we do understand that having to download such a large patch is frustrating and not ideal, and we want to let you know that we are actively working to ensure future ESOTU PS4 patches are not cumulative.

Just want to say thank you for keeping everyone apprised and your team at ZOS for working to patch the things that needed fixing. Lost on 99% of people posting here is the fact that the reason they're downloading a big patch is because a lot of work went in to making the game better.
  • dloke86ub17_ESO

Wrong, Einstein. We are downloading all the updates including the day one update. Read this.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/185588/playstation-4-patch-size#latest

And I have the best Internet I can get.

That just confirmed what I said Einstein. As I said it is multiple updates, as in more than one. I'm sure they will work on making sure it doesn't happen again. And your best internet connection must be bad. I have 50 mbps down and it only took 30 minutes - 45 minutes. Though it might take longer depending on the load of Sony's servers. But if it's taking more than 2 or 3 hours, it's probably your internet.
  • CHESTY45
    CHESTY45
    I was told by some friends who play on PC that I should consider getting a larger HD for this game because of circumstances as this with the game. I had to clear out some space just so I could play the new witcher and what i had left I wasn't going to delete.

So when I picked up my copy of ESOTU I also got a larger HD. It was alot to pay up front but it was worth it.

Loading screens take very little time, seems to run smoother, etc.

At this point in the systems life cycle most of us are probably are at or near the limits of the stock hard drive anyways.

Just my 2 cents
  • Sunver
    Sunver
    ✭✭✭
    Anguished wrote: »
    Sunver wrote: »
    Hello console players! Are you playing already? Do you enjoy your game? Because I do :)

#PCMasterRace

Peace out :D

The same "master race" that failed to beta test eso?
    I don't see what you're gloating about

For 10$ I paid for the game in Poland I dont mind betatesting. How much did you pay? And again, are you playing already?:)

When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained;
    What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?
    For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour.
    O LORD our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth!
  • dlepi24
    dlepi24
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm mostly a PC player, however, I just kinda wanna get this bonfire toasted up a bit more. Should've bought an Xbox. There's wasn't even a gig.
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You guys think 15 gig is big... just wait till we get a patch that actually has new content in it :o
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • HobnailedBoots
    HobnailedBoots
    ✭✭✭
    CHESTY45 wrote: »
    I was told by some friends who play on PC that I should consider getting a larger HD for this game because of circumstances as this with the game. I had to clear out some space just so I could play the new witcher and what i had left I wasn't going to delete.

So when I picked up my copy of ESOTU I also got a larger HD. It was alot to pay up front but it was worth it.

At this point in the systems life cycle most of us are probably are at or near the limits of the stock hard drive anyways.

Just my 2 cents

The size of your hard drive won't make a difference in load times. An SSHD or SSD would, but a larger hard drive is just that , larger.
  • Etchesketch
    Etchesketch
    ✭✭✭✭
    The actual patch is less than a gig, zos just couldn't figure it out for the ps4 so they fixed the files and ps4 users have to redownload the day one 15 gig download.

You will never get real answers from zos. It's like asking a politician to give a straight answer.
    The number one rule of online gaming is now and has always been, Never play on Patch Day.
  • BigM
    BigM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Locket wrote: »
    SizerKoze wrote: »
    @Locket Really? Funny I've played tons of MMO games in the past and I don't ever recall being forced to download almost 32gigs of 'patches' in this short space of time. A few hundred megs here and there, a well publicised and forewarned client update maybe after six months to a year, nothing on this level and with absolutely no warning.

The complaints are to try and ensure it doesn't happen again. Your trolling improves nothing.

WoW has 6.2 coming out and that's 32gb. Just one example. I don't feel like digging up more but I'm sure I could find more big patches in other MMOs.

6.2 patch is nowhere near 32 gb. Keep defending this mess though.

Which is downloaded a little at a time while you play, by the time patch day comes it is ready to install. This could be a great idea for ZoS but sadly it would only work on PC/MAC. But even to do that PC/MAC they would need to rebuild the Launcher.
    Edited by BigM on June 24, 2015 7:33PM
    “The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking
  • IWGYK
    IWGYK
    Soul Shriven
    Just so everyone knows, i had been pausing and starting the download probably about 20-30 times and stared at the packet size coming in, best days i get 6-7MBps on psn servers for download. I finally got it to take to that speed and left it untouched, and have been staring at it since. I have 10 minutes left now, its been running at a solid 4-6MBps, i was at 99+ hours several times prior. Maybe some of us are just getting lucky.

But it seems if you keep resetting your download you will eventually "lock in" your throttled speed from PSN servers.
  • SizerKoze
    SizerKoze
    Soul Shriven
    Imagine you had bought the game yesterday

Just my 2 cents

The size of your hard drive won't make a difference in load times. An SSHD or SSD would, but a larger hard drive is just that , larger.

Well no. A larger hard drive is definitely larger but may also be faster, not all hard drives perform the same. As to how much faster, admittedly probably not much as the stock one isn't actually all that terrible. Personally I got a new larger HD the same week I got the PS4. Knew I'd need it.
  • turbonights
    SizerKoze wrote: »
    Imagine you had bought the game yesterday

Just my 2 cents

Well no. A larger hard drive is definitely larger but may also be faster, not all hard drives perform the same. As to how much faster, admittedly probably not much as the stock one isn't actually all that terrible. Personally I got a new larger HD the same week I got the PS4. Knew I'd need it.

Yes, RPM. But larger drives can also be slower at same RPM, depending on storage, due to seek times and any other disk i/o heavy applications that need to seek lengthier places on the platter.
  • Crazyfool768
    Crazyfool768
    Soul Shriven
    Mine is 15Gb was not happy to find after there servers came back up I had a huge update onto of what I have already downloaded already...I mean if this is a patch what the hell should we expect for new content?

Also the time it will take is silly currently 36 hours with 30meg internet :/
  • technovid
    technovid
    Well honestly I'm just pissed because in all of this f***ing updating, they still don't fix "The Prisoner of Jathsogur" quest bug. Literally no one can finish the quest because of how broken the quest is, they've probably gotten thousands of reports about it, yet they pretend they have no idea what the problem is! People in the Aldmeri dominion can't even move on with their storyline!!!!
  • SizerKoze
    SizerKoze
    Soul Shriven
    Hey guys. Just to follow up, we do understand that having to download such a large patch is frustrating and not ideal, and we want to let you know that we are actively working to ensure future ESOTU PS4 patches are not cumulative.

Just want to say thank you for keeping everyone apprised and your team at ZOS for working to patch the things that needed fixing. Lost on 99% of people posting here is the fact that the reason they're downloading a big patch is because a lot of work went in to making the game better.

Lost on 1% of the people posting here, who don't even seem to have read or understood the text they quoted, the reason we are downloading such a big patch is because they screwed up and we ended up having to download the entire day one patch all over again for a few minor bug fixes all because not enough work was done in the beginning.

HTH
  • xoduspaladin
    xoduspaladin
    ✭✭✭
    I did the pause/unpause thing and now I have 12/13 hours download instead of the 8 hours I had originally...
  • hellcatlizzieb16_ESO
    The pause thing works, did it about ten times and it went down to a hour. After about half a hour it jumped back to 21hrs. Did the pause thing again and now got 25 min to go.
  • turbonights
    The pause/unpause thing must be done often until you land a good queue. I probably did it around 50 times. Now I've moved from 3.xxxGB to 9.420GB with 17 minutes left. Keep trying, don't just do a few and stop thinking you're the lucky one it'll work the first few times on.
  • IWGYK
    IWGYK
    Soul Shriven
    I did the pause/unpause thing and now I have 12/13 hours download instead of the 8 hours I had originally...

Keep trying bud, it took me quite a while but eventually it held at regular speeds. Best of luck friend.
  • Darkrosesus
    Darkrosesus
    ✭✭
    Mine's only 4 hours and it's got 20 mins left ... I've now fallen behind with my weapon & armour research. d'oh!

Hopefully the game play will be less buggy for a while now anyway.
  • Anguished
    Anguished
    ✭✭
    Tried an hour later.
    it's going to take 96 hours now.
    No thank you.

Idk if this is Sony or Zeni. But this could ruin gaming for me.
  • rwilson1982
    rwilson1982
    Soul Shriven
    I bought the game this week and had to download 15GB before I could play it. I come on today and find there is another 15GB patch. So I'm downloading what is probably the same thing twice in less than a week. I have spent more time downloading patches than I have actually playing the game.

My download speed has ground to < 512 Kbps and projecting 33h to complete.

The announcement has the audacity to say its an 'incremental' patch.

Bullsh*t isn't the word.