The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Console player experience's VR ranks for first time!

• BuggeX
    BuggeX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Osiinin wrote: »
    So I did a quick search, just checking I have this right?

VR is going away and being replaced by champion points?

VR ranks make your character stronger? And there is some content that only opens up at later VR levels?

So just curious, at 50, is there end game PVE content? Or do you need to be VR x for PVE end game?

What sort of 'power' difference is there in PVP comparing a level 50 VR1 to a Vr14?

Vr14 will have +13 Skill and Attribut Points
    Vr14 will have Stronger Gear

you could do all Endcontent with v1 but i guess you will have a hard time finding a grp for Trials etc.

Yes the plan is that V is removed, killing Molag Bal is the end of the Road and Silver/Gold is just Optional.
    CP will be the Main Progress with lvl 50.

But dont know when we can Count for tis
    #makemagickadkgreataigan
    #givemeaexecute
    #ineedheal
    #betterhotfixgrindspots
  • Muizer
    Muizer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait a minute.....

You say you hate the VR leveling experience but it is more storyline and questing. So you are saying you would rather have the silly daily reputation and gear loop grind instead.

People always complain about the MMO end game systems and cry for more content. ESO has more story and questing yet people complain about that. You just can't win.

Le sigh........

Yeah, that seems a bit incongruous. Content wise, the veteran Silver and Gold zones are not much different from 1-50. So, I guess the complaint isn't about the content at all, just about the reward system.
    Please stop making requests for game features. ZOS have enough bad ideas as it is!
  • daswahnsinn
    daswahnsinn
    ✭✭✭
    Wait until you realize this is ZOS's end-game. The VR grind is the end-game from I remember. Like many I had fun playing before hitting the VR wall. I only have two characters, DK v14and NB v2, and stopped playing since the grind was hard enough the first time. It used to be easier before all the XP in Craglorn got changed and lowered. One thing you'll notice is that one vet reank is 1,000,000 XP and one Champ point is 400,000 XP, but you'll get more than two Champ point per Vet rank. I got seven CP from vr1 to vr2.
    | | daswahnsinn | Vet 16 Nord Dragon Knight | Bow/Dual Wield/Two-Handed Sword| DPS | | Warrior of the EbonHeart Pact | |
  • p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those who say VR leveling is difficult, do not have a clue and decided to "grind" it.

First of all, you get 1 VR level per area when you do the following and you are at the same VR as the area. eg VR5 for Rift, if you are AD.

a) Mainline quest for the area (you need to progress)
    b) All the dolmens, once
    c) World bosses, once
    d) The local public dungeon group achievement (1)
    e) Once each public dungeon, because either way you need the skyshard, kill the damn boss.
    f) do the skyshards.

No need for side quest or "grind".
    Do some exploration on the nearby sites also, and you are set.

I do not see all the waffle about it.

VR11-14 is bit more challenging I agree, but join a guild and either
    a) Do the quests and public dungeons at Craglorn (2 man is enough)
    b) Do the veteran dungeons quests. eg the second part of the Banished Cells.
    c) If you are AD, spend couple of hours in Necropolis.
    d) do not see it as a "grind". Go Cyrodiil.

• schroed360
    schroed360
    ✭✭✭
    Of course It is longer but on the first playthrough ...
    I assume that I must be really différent from poeple because actually what bother me is the 1 to 50 lvl since after you earn champ points.
    V14 is 13 million xp. I already am at vr 80-90 if think about It( champ220). And that is kinda average/low...
    If V 14 bother you wait to see the différence between à v14 with 30 points and a v14 with 3-400...
  • Luffy
    Luffy
    Those who say VR leveling is difficult, do not have a clue and decided to "grind" it.

First of all, you get 1 VR level per area when you do the following and you are at the same VR as the area. eg VR5 for Rift, if you are AD.

a) Mainline quest for the area (you need to progress)
    b) All the dolmens, once
    c) World bosses, once
    d) The local public dungeon group achievement (1)
    e) Once each public dungeon, because either way you need the skyshard, kill the damn boss.
    f) do the skyshards.

No need for side quest or "grind".
    Do some exploration on the nearby sites also, and you are set.

I do not see all the waffle about it.

VR11-14 is bit more challenging I agree, but join a guild and either
    a) Do the quests and public dungeons at Craglorn (2 man is enough)
    b) Do the veteran dungeons quests. eg the second part of the Banished Cells.
    c) If you are AD, spend couple of hours in Necropolis.
    d) do not see it as a "grind". Go Cyrodiil.

Sorry but I have to call BS on this. The FACT is that you don't get 1vr from doing all the things you mentioned. I JUST hit vr4 on my templar and I am almost done with the rift main quest and all the stuff around it. I have done all the things you said for each zone including tons of grinding then how come I am still vr4? From doing the stuff you wrote for each zone I guess you get 50% of a VR.

People saying VR was harder before are sooo wrong. On my VR14 NB I used "Grimnix's Veteran rank Leveling Guide v1-v10" (you can search it up to see how it works) Basicly the thing you did at first was to do all the dolmens, delves and public dungeon in cadwell's silver first and you would be VR4 By only doing that and then you would do the main quest, next do all the dolmen's and delves for Cadwell's Gold and you would be VR 8 and then just grind Wayrest Sewers which used to give tons of xp. Now, one year later I have been doing the same thing with my alt and I have only gotten to vr4 after almost finished witht he fifth zone of Cadwell's silver. And I have probably even grinded one of those VR's.

What does this show? That ZOS have not been listening to us, somehow they have even made VR's harder :sweat:
    Edited by Luffy on June 18, 2015 8:04AM
  • djnapstyb14_ESO
    djnapstyb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Hint: just do the 50 or so quests in cadwells alminac. They pretty much all give you a skill point and big chunks of exp. you will level pretty fast and just leaves a little grinding at the end before craiglorn.
    Edited by djnapstyb14_ESO on June 18, 2015 8:36AM
    EP FOR LIFE
  • elitekaosb16_ESO
    Once I heard about the VR grind I stopped with my main at level 48 and now only play lower level alts. Not interested in any kind of grind, been there, done that to many times in all the other RPG's.
  • GaldorP
    GaldorP
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Based on the XP gained per mob and the XP rewards from quests and the total amount of XP required to reach the next rank, gaining one veteran rank takes quite exactly as long as gaining 7 regular levels.

I have posted on these forum before what I believe to be the three main reasons why some players find the Silver and Gold zones frustrating:
    1. Lack of a main story or purpose. No Fighters and Mages Guild questlines. The story/explanation given for why we're experiencing the Silver and Gold zone content is insufficient/not believable and feels just like a pause, a very long filler until the real adventures of our character continue.If there is a larger purpose for the silver and gold content story-wise then we don't see any of that in the game, yet.
    2. Progress in numbers is slower. Levels (now called veteran ranks) take 7 times as long to complete, there's fewer skills to unlock and they take more and more time to get to morphed rank IV. The Champion System counter-balanced this a bit (since you will gain Champion Points on top of veteran ranks now and gain them more often than you gain veteran ranks), but progress, in general, still feels slower than it does for level 1-50.
    3. False expectations: Because of the lower number of veteran ranks (14) compared to the total number of regular levels (50) and since the main story is usually concluded around at the time when a character reaches lv 50/VR 1, many players expect that they have completed most of their way to VR 14 when they have reached lv 50/VR 1 while in fact they have only completed about one third of that way. If there were 150 levels instead of 50 levels and 14 veteran ranks, that would give players a clearer image of how far the currently are on their way to the highest level/veteran rank.
      (In the past, it was possible to gain veteran ranks at insane speed with very little effort by grinding bosses in Craglorn. This might also create false expectations if players assume they can still level at that speed.)
    4. (Edit: Reason 4 might be that just completing the main quests and objectives, all the points of interest in the VR 1-10 zones gets you nowhere near VR 14. The veteran content requires you to do more side-quests or group dungeons or PvP or grinding than the lv 1-50 content. Some players find themselves at VR 10-11 with all solo content completed and feel forced to grind for the remaining few veteran ranks.)
    Please note that I personally enjoyed playing through the VR 1-10 zones, even when the monsters were a lot stronger, shortly after launch :)
    ---
    SVR is going away and being replaced by champion points?
    Yes, it is still their plan to remove the veteran ranks according to an ESO live episode from a few weeks or months ago.
    VR ranks make your character stronger? And there is some content that only opens up at later VR levels?
    That is correct. Your stats will get a bit higher with each level and gear gets a bit stronger with higher veteran ranks as well. Once you've completed all the non-veteran content, there's almost twice as much PvE solo content still waiting for you.
    So just curious, at 50, is there end game PVE content? Or do you need to be VR x for PVE end game?
    For trials, the 12-player endgame raids, you should be near VR 14 to be really helpful in your group. City of Ash is currently always VR 14 so you should be near that rank as well when you do that veteran dungeon. The other 4 player group dungeons will scale to the level of the group leader so you can start doing them at VR 1. Craglorn delves and one-time quests are a bit easier than veteran group dungeons so you can start doing them at lower VR ranks in a group of 4 players if you want to. I'm not sure if the Dragonstar Arena scales down to the group leader's level as well. It's possible to complete it at mid VR ranks already as healer or in a strong group with experienced players :)
    What sort of 'power' difference is there in PVP comparing a level 50 VR1 to a Vr14?
    You can do well as VR 1 in Cyrodiil if you have a strong build and are a skilled player with experience in Cyrodiil PvP. Siege weapons have the same power for everyone that uses them. You won't be able to beat an experienced player with a strong build that has a much higher veteran rank and PvP rank (and Champion rank) than you do. But then again, that still applies even if you are VR 14. Some builds are just really strong, especially in 1v1 situations and can escape from almost any battle. PvP in Cyrodiil isn't about 1v1 duels though, in my opinion. Observe the flow of the battle. Find the one enemy player that is wounded because he took too much of a risk and finish him. Plan ahead, retreat when needed, bring the fight to where you want it to happen, attack from an advantageous position. Think with your enemy and realize something happened when there is a sudden silence and most of your enemies seem to have disappeared. Or in general, use your brain (the best PvP players are the ones that do but there's few of them) :)
    Edited by GaldorP on June 18, 2015 8:27AM
  • Earelith
    Earelith
    ✭✭✭
    I totaly prefer this than logging 2-3 times per week to do the same raid for 4-5 months until the new raid release and my "top" gear become mediorce and then do the same thing for the next months to get the new "top" gear..seriously you prefer this instead of 10+ new beautiful zones full of quests and lore?

Not event comment on daily reputation grind that turn the game into things you "must" do every day instead of things you "want" to do every day. I want a game, not a job.
  • Luffy
    Luffy
    Earelith wrote: »
    I totaly prefer this than logging 2-3 times per week to do the same raid for 4-5 months until the new raid release and my "top" gear become mediorce and then do the same thing for the next months to get the new "top" gear..seriously you prefer this instead of 10+ new beautiful zones full of quests and lore?

Not event comment on daily reputation grind that turn the game into things you "must" do every day instead of things you "want" to do every day. I want a game, not a job.

Then go play The Witcher or Skyrim.
    Edited by Luffy on June 18, 2015 8:18AM
  • AnAngryGinger
    AnAngryGinger
    ✭✭✭

But that's our Destiny!
    Xuth!
  • Luffy
    Luffy

Well, I want to PvP and not get stomped on, I want to get invited to raids. Why "must" I grind and quest 14 VR's just to be able to do what I want? You could still do Cadwell's silver and gold at VR14.
  • Fangorn
    Fangorn
    Soul Shriven
    VR leveling was easy in the past with (early) Anomalies and Hircine grind.

They should just remove VR and level cap at level 50.

The other factions are good for alt leveling.
  • Asawasa
    Asawasa
    ✭✭✭
    Wait until you realize this is ZOS's end-game. The VR grind is the end-game from I remember. It used to be easier before all the XP in Craglorn got changed and lowered.

yep it was a great system for just getting your characters past the hassle of VR leveling but of course we weren't playing the "right way" and now everyone starting over on consoles is getting screwed because of this.

For a game that you are supposed to be allowed some freedom in how you play there sure are some progression nazis at ZOS.
  • Earelith
    Earelith
    ✭✭✭
    Luffy wrote: »

Then go play The Witcher or Skyrim.

Thanks but i like eso..

i think you are the one that dont like it and need to find another game?
    Luffy wrote: »
    Well, I want to PvP and not get stomped on, I want to get invited to raids. Why "must" I grind and quest 14 VR's just to be able to do what I want? You could still do Cadwell's silver and gold at VR14.

If you want a pvp lobby game without leveling, you might wanna play lol or buy a max level characted in wow. RPG games used to hame leveling that lasted months...vanilla wow need 3 months to get to 60.. i will not even mention lineage, everquest and ffxi.. just because lately most mmos try to be lobby streamlined games does not mean that is better or the "normal" way to go..at least people should have the option of an mmo that focus more on leveling and virtual world than gear grinds
    Edited by Earelith on June 18, 2015 8:46AM
  • leshpar
    leshpar
    ✭✭✭
    Dude, you're approaching the VR levels wrong. You're supposed to keep questing through Cadwell's Silver and Gold while gaining experience. I hit VR14 easily before I finished Cadwell's Gold. I never did any sort of "grinding" for it either. I just quested, did dungeons, and some occasional PvP.
  • leshpar
    leshpar
    ✭✭✭
    So I did a quick search, just checking I have this right?

VR is going away and being replaced by champion points?

VR14 is the true end game. That's when all the trials happen, and there is quite a bit of noticable power difference between VR1 and VR14. Its rather big actually.
  • Zusia211
    Zusia211
    ✭✭✭
    I still cannot believe how fast people are getting to VR ranks. I mean I play a good amount but have other things to do outside the game hence why I am only to level 14.
    PSN: blinkgirl211 - if try adding me send message first cause lots of random people always tries to add me...
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I levelled my NB 10-42 in PvP in 2-3 weeks recently. My main VR1-VR14 and that was when you got hardly any XP and it was 4 million XP per rank.

Give PvP a try, it's actually viable since 1.6.
    PC EU
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    leshpar wrote: »
    Dude, you're approaching the VR levels wrong. You're supposed to keep questing through Cadwell's Silver and Gold while gaining experience. I hit VR14 easily before I finished Cadwell's Gold. I never did any sort of "grinding" for it either. I just quested, did dungeons, and some occasional PvP.
    Grinding is any simple repetitive activity. Questing is grinding when you do it mindlessly for 150 levels. And I do it mindlessly because I've already done it with alts, sometimes more than once, and I can't get immersed in a story which forces my AD character to murder AD soldiers and save the lives of enemy kings.
    Edited by Rosveen on June 18, 2015 10:02AM
  • traigusb14_ESO2
    traigusb14_ESO2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »
    leshpar wrote: »
    Grinding is any simple repetitive activity. Questing is grinding when you do it mindlessly for 150 levels. And I do it mindlessly because I've already done it with alts, sometimes more than once, and I can't get immersed in a story which forces my AD character to murder AD soldiers and save the lives of enemy kings.

I can't argue grindy. I've done all of EP (and associated VR) almost 3 times now. Even the good quests are getting a little repeat sitcom flavored.

About your last point though

I have found that 99% of the forces "invading" other alliances are usually... well bad people. Not in the sense of having siege engines and troops.. .but really bad people... mad-cackling crazy-ass evil badness.

-Skinning people to make shapeshifters
    -introducing plagues (zombie and otherwise)
    -working with various daedra
    -assasination attempts
    -mind control
    -enslaving local dead people

...Just really awful stuff.

I never had a problem shutting it down with my heroic characters.
    Sometimes your own side steps over the line.

• Osiinin
    Osiinin
    Thanks for the replies, muchly appreciated
  • smokes
    smokes
    ✭✭✭
    WELCOME TO THE CLUB!!

yea, veteran levelling has been hated on since launch. which is why, in the near future it is being removed, but also why we currently have champion points which overlap VR leveling.

once vet ranks are removed, it'll be all about the CP, which is still a grind, but not quite as mandatory a grind as previously implemented.

cadwells gold and silver them become a little less daunting as you only have to do it when you feel like it, rather than feeling forced into it to get anywhere else in the game.

change is coming, but not soon enough - there were a lot of backend systems needing tweaks, updates and reconfiguring in order to transition aay from VR to CP.
  • smokes
    smokes
    ✭✭✭
    Nebthet78 wrote: »
    I cannot help but do this:

lol.gif

Not at the OP, but at ZOS because we PC players tried to warm them for more than 6 months.

yup, totally agreed. they had plenty of warning, it was their choice not to heed said warning and sort out VR ranks before launching on consoles and instead opt for the other way around, hoping that console players wouldn't get to VR ranks particularly quickly.

is it me, or do zenimax seriously underestimate the speed at which some players will grind through levels
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS has stated changes are coming, they never tell us when, so soon does not even apply here.
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not always heroic. I have a character with no political affiliation who just wants to help people he meets, I have a mother driven angry and bitter by grief, I have a good for nothing cutthroat, I have a woman deeply loyal to her people who sees strife among the enemies as a great opportunity for her faction. Some would do enemy quests, some wouldn't, some wouldn't be involved in the main story at all if it was a single player TES. It isn't and I'm okay with that, but I don't have to be okay with an unimmersive timey-wimey "you're a champion of your enemies now" story.
  • Granz
    Granz
    ✭✭
    There IS a end game. It's called PvP for many. VR leveling makes it so you can't get out there without being one shotted. VR grind is way to rough and the console players are going to quit because of it. Just my opinion. And you all know what they say about opinions.
  • smokes
    smokes
    ✭✭✭

having those additional zones as optional extra content alongside trials and vet dungeons is great

needing to do all that content before you can really get into trials and vet dungeons, not so great.
  • Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Makkir wrote: »
    I guess I am just confused. Granted I spent my first couple VR levels in Cyrodiil, I blew through the rest of my VR ranks just doing the Cadwell's gold quests. I am a true anti-grinder. I absolutely hate it. But i don't remember the VR levels being a horrid grind for me.

I'm currently at VR4 on my main.

I agree Vet is not a "horrid grind", but it is a huge grind in comparison to the process of levelling to 50.

You go from seeing significant progress towards next level every time you hand in a quest to seeing minimal progress towards next Vet Level every time you complete a major quest chain.

If I was levelling even 25% as fast at Vet as I was pre-Vet I would be reasonably happy; but its actually more like 5% - 10%.

And I think that is a major part of the problem.

All The Best
    Those memories come back to haunt me, they haunt me like a curse.
    Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse.