The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Console player experience's VR ranks for first time!

Zevris
Zevris
✭✭
:( not impressed, I had so much fun going through the questline and all the different zones and such to get to lvl 50 or vr1. I honestly didn't know what to expect from VR ranks but so far I'm heartbroken, its a wall of pure grinding to make you come back and play but frankly this is not the type of grind that I want. The only type of grind that should ever exist in an mmorpg is gear, reputations, professions etc but not lvling. This is a rant and yes I'm upset but I have no one else to blame other than myself I guess. I just don't have the time to put 8 hours a day grinding to go up a quarter of a lvl. Keep in mind that this is console, there are very few people at the vr ranks yet so there are no vr grind parties and even then there is no fun in this type of grinding. I will be going back to FF XIV for the release of Heavensward but I will return to this when they decide to make a change to the whole VR thing (if that ever happens). Please do not hate on my post, understand that this is my opinion and that I respect everyone's opinion aslong as they aren't ignorant.
  • Maotti
    Maotti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hate on your post? Why should we? It's the truth. The VR levelling is absolutely horrendeous.

And to be honest i've been waiting for a thread like this from a consoleplayer for days now.
    Edited by Maotti on June 18, 2015 3:33AM
    PC EU
  • Alphashado
    Alphashado
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You are the first in an army of many that will grow daily.

Us PC players have been trying to warn ZoS for over a year about the ramifications of their current Vet System. We also tried to warn them not to launch consoles with the current system. We tried to warn them that as soon as console players start to reach V1, there would be a fresh new crowd of unhappy customers.

Their best answer? -- Create a massive XP booster to sell in the Crown Store.

Do a search on "vet ranks" in the forum search bar and you will see how hard and long we have been fighting this battle.

Sadly I do not foresee them changing anything now. Once they realize what a cash cow these Ambrosia potions are going to be, they will have realized how much they can profit from their own mistake because people are going to pay handsomely to get through vet ranks as fast as possible. Especially alternate characters.

I have to admit that I can't help but imagine some executive sitting in an office somewhere rubbing his hands together in anticipation of all the console players about to hit V1.... coincidentally the same time Ambrosia potions hit the Crown Store.
    Edited by Alphashado on June 18, 2015 4:08AM
  • eviltims
    eviltims
    I'm not at end game yet, but have been reading on it, and it seems the end game content is not what I expect I guess. Since I stop playing FF XIV I thought something like this would be fun for a long time, but probably not. Told myself to stop comparing it to FF XIV but I can't sadly.
  • AnAngryGinger
    AnAngryGinger
    ✭✭✭
    Ahhh man. Really?
    Xuth!
  • Zevris
    Zevris
    ✭✭
    Alphashado wrote: »
    You are the first in an army of many that will grow daily.
    This is unfortunate, I read that they were "planning" to remove VR ranks from the game. Its honestly a little to late, they should have removed them for the console release so that we didn't have to deal with something that has caused many pc players to leave the community.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Many people dislike the VR levelling experience - hence ZOS is planning to remove it.

On the other hand, some (like myself) do enjoy it. I find it enjoyable because I just keep enjoying the quests and carry on, no need to rush. I honestly don't find it different from 1-50 (except that the whole zone is one level, instead of like 12 levels) ;) Although, obviously, everyone is different.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • NadiusMaximus
    NadiusMaximus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It used to be worse. They made it four times as easy as it was before.
  • LordSkyKnight
    LordSkyKnight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait a minute.....

You say you hate the VR leveling experience but it is more storyline and questing. So you are saying you would rather have the silly daily reputation and gear loop grind instead.

People always complain about the MMO end game systems and cry for more content. ESO has more story and questing yet people complain about that. You just can't win.

Le sigh........
    "And it's important to state that our decision to go with subscriptions is not a referendum on online game revenue models. F2P, B2P, etc. are valid, proven business models - but subscription is the one that fits ESO the best, given our commitment to freedom of gameplay, quality and long-term content delivery. Plus, players will appreciate not having to worry about being "monetized" in the middle of playing the game, which is definitely a problem that is cropping up more and more in online gaming these days. The fact that the word "monetized" exists points to the heart of the issue for us: We don't want the player to worry about which parts of the game to pay for - with our system, they get it all."
    - Matt Firor
  • Makkir
    Makkir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess I am just confused. Granted I spent my first couple VR levels in Cyrodiil, I blew through the rest of my VR ranks just doing the Cadwell's gold quests. I am a true anti-grinder. I absolutely hate it. But i don't remember the VR levels being a horrid grind for me.
  • Zevris
    Zevris
    ✭✭
    eviltims wrote: »
    I'm not at end game yet, but have been reading on it, and it seems the end game content is not what I expect I guess. Since I stop playing FF XIV I thought something like this would be fun for a long time, but probably not. Told myself to stop comparing it to FF XIV but I can't sadly.

If you don't mind spending hours a day doing quests and killing mobs to get very little xp and crap
    MissBizz wrote: »
    Many people dislike the VR levelling experience - hence ZOS is planning to remove it.

On the other hand, some (like myself) do enjoy it. I find it enjoyable because I just keep enjoying the quests and carry on, no need to rush. I honestly don't find it different from 1-50 (except that the whole zone is one level, instead of like 12 levels) ;) Although, obviously, everyone is different.

I definitely understand where you are coming from, I just don't enjoy this type of experience, I enjoy end game. I loved questing in WoW because I felt the effort that went into a lot of the questlines but this games quests are sort of dull to me since I pretty much did the same ones just in a different faction : P
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zevris wrote: »

If you don't mind spending hours a day doing quests and killing mobs to get very little xp and crap

I definitely understand where you are coming from, I just don't enjoy this type of experience, I enjoy end game. I loved questing in WoW because I felt the effort that went into a lot of the questlines but this games quests are sort of dull to me since I pretty much did the same ones just in a different faction : P

Yeah, I can see your point. I like to split my day up, doing gold key vet pledges every day, guild events (that can be anything from PvE in Cyrodiil to fishing), questing etc. If you're looking for end game though.. yes.. you likely won't enjoy it.

As well, maybe it is because I do split up my time and do lots of dungeons and guild events.. but.. I don't think you need to do every little thing.. like.. I'm VR12 right now and still questing in my VR8 zone.. lol. I do everything, but, if I didn't I might actually not be overlevelled
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Zevris
    Zevris
    ✭✭
    Wait a minute.....

You say you hate the VR leveling experience but it is more storyline and questing. So you are saying you would rather have the silly daily reputation and gear loop grind instead.

People always complain about the MMO end game systems and cry for more content. ESO has more story and questing yet people complain about that. You just can't win.

Le sigh........

Haha yeah there are always to sides, I loved the DC storyline but I feel like I'm just doing the same thing for a different faction, the quests are virtually identical (not the important quests but the ones in between). I guess the reason some people like the VR system is because of the lack of content that they have added to the game so it gives you guys something to do but for a new comer who wants to try out end game but gets nailed with a month or more of grinding the same stuff I just grinded is not what I had in mind.
  • Zevris
    Zevris
    ✭✭

Yeah, I can see your point. I like to split my day up, doing gold key vet pledges every day, guild events (that can be anything from PvE in Cyrodiil to fishing), questing etc. If you're looking for end game though.. yes.. you likely won't enjoy it.

As well, maybe it is because I do split up my time and do lots of dungeons and guild events.. but.. I don't think you need to do every little thing.. like.. I'm VR12 right now and still questing in my VR8 zone.. lol. I do everything, but, if I didn't I might actually not be overlevelled

Yeah I can see that this game is very much based around not getting to the end game which is the complete opposite of what I'm looking for so I might have made a mistake but hey I'll definitely come back whenever they release an expansion or something. Maybe things will be different. I might also jump on once in a while and do some quests and slowly go up in vr ranks.
  • Talcon
    Talcon
    ✭✭✭
    Research prior to buying a game goes a long way. The issue with no end game content has been all over these forums forever, no one should be surprised by it, if you are that's your own fault.
  • GreySix
    GreySix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heck, I've been playing this game since beta and early release for PC. Once my main character reached VR1 and I saw I was offered a chance to play as some nobody in another pact, I said, "Pound sand!" and re-rolled another character from scratch. VR is for the birds.
    Crotchety Old Man Guild

"Hey you, get off my lawn!"
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    didn't mind it much at all.

still don't.

• emopyronecrosis
    Welcome to the Vet leveling, it's a grind house, that said Vet technically is and isn't end game, it's weird.

The Vet system in a sense is just saying "I beat Molag Bal" the true end game comes at the VR cap, which currently is VR14, issue is as we all know, the current VR system is hell, it can take you two weeks to hit VR1, but in that same time you barelly scratch VR3, it needs a major overhaul sure, but at least we(Console) players don't have the old Vet system, I started on launch but never reupped, but I knew people at VR10, back then you didn't get attribute or skill points for getting a vet level, now you do, that in itself is a plus.

I'm not saying the grind isn't tiring, it is, but it's balenced out. AD players get to VR5 at the end of the Pact quest, and VR10 at the end of Daggerfall, we then get to 14 via a mix of pvp, dragonstar, and craglorn. It's gonna be even easyer with the next adventure zone coming.

The only bit of advice I have to add, DO NOT DO THE FIGHTERS GUILD TILL VR12. My reason for stating this is because back in the day solo instances awards and zones didn't level with the player, now they do. and at the end of the fighters guild you get a very unique weapon with a very special enchantment((Meridia's Bane)) which basically allows you to use the Evil Slayer enchantment at all times, getting a version of that weapon at VR14, and making it Legendary gives you one of the if not the best weapon for Dolmens, and fighting vampires. As Merdia's Bane does a mix of Fire, and Sunfire damage, Vampires hate both, Daedra hate Sunfire.
  • Zevris
    Zevris
    ✭✭
    Talcon wrote: »
    Research prior to buying a game goes a long way. The issue with no end game content has been all over these forums forever, no one should be surprised by it, if you are that's your own fault.

Well my problem isn't with the no end game content, its with getting to the end game content. Also I have admitted that it was my fault. I'm in no way blaming ZoS for selling em a *** game, I think it's a great game but I'd much prefer an mmo like FFXIV which is very end game focused, I don't mind that I spent the money o this game. I definitely got my money's worth of content and I will be playing on and off whenever I feel like it.
  • eviltims
    eviltims

Well my problem isn't with the no end game content, its with getting to the end game content. Also I have admitted that it was my fault. I'm in no way blaming ZoS for selling em a *** game, I think it's a great game but I'd much prefer an mmo like FFXIV which is very end game focused, I don't mind that I spent the money o this game. I definitely got my money's worth of content and I will be playing on and off whenever I feel like it.

Yeah EOS is by no means a bad game, it is great for what it is. Playing EOS running across the map I do feel like I am adventuring.
  • Talcon
    Talcon
    ✭✭✭
    I pray every night that this game with be like other MMOs end game, join me, perhaps even sacrifice your first born to the ZOS devs, in hopes that it will one day happen. But about a year after launch and we haven't seen ***, so maybe your second or third born.
  • AnAngryGinger
    AnAngryGinger
    ✭✭✭
    The only bit of advice I have to add, DO NOT DO THE FIGHTERS GUILD TILL VR12. My reason for stating this is because back in the day solo instances awards and zones didn't level with the player, now they do. and at the end of the fighters guild you get a very unique weapon with a very special enchantment((Meridia's Bane)) which basically allows you to use the Evil Slayer enchantment at all times, getting a version of that weapon at VR14, and making it Legendary gives you one of the if not the best weapon for Dolmens, and fighting vampires. As Merdia's Bane does a mix of Fire, and Sunfire damage, Vampires hate both, Daedra hate Sunfire.

Wait do you restart Fighters Guild at veteran rank? Or are you saying save it for a month? lol I'm confused by this Vet system.

Xuth!
  • NadiusMaximus
    NadiusMaximus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Basically, you want to skip content to get to endgame content of which there is none.
    My advise is to just play the game.
  • Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I cannot help but do this:

lol.gif

Not at the OP, but at ZOS because we PC players tried to warm them for more than 6 months.
    Far too many characters to list any more.
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait do you restart Fighters Guild at veteran rank? Or are you saying save it for a month? lol I'm confused by this Vet system.

The Fighters Guild and Mages Guild quest lines aren't required to finish the main story and proceed to Silver/Gold. You'll be pestered by an NPC from each the entire game, and there are some linear issues in the dialogue. But you can get to VR14 without doing anything past joining each so you can level the skill lines.

You can hold off on the main story, too. But you'll probably run out of other XP sources by VR1 unless you go to Cyrodiil and grind.

Don't worry. You'll catch on by your sixth or seventh re-roll...
    signing off
  • Kendaric
    Kendaric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    :( not impressed, I had so much fun going through the questline and all the different zones and such to get to lvl 50 or vr1. I honestly didn't know what to expect from VR ranks but so far I'm heartbroken, its a wall of pure grinding to make you come back and play but frankly this is not the type of grind that I want. The only type of grind that should ever exist in an mmorpg is gear, reputations, professions etc but not lvling. This is a rant and yes I'm upset but I have no one else to blame other than myself I guess. I just don't have the time to put 8 hours a day grinding to go up a quarter of a lvl. Keep in mind that this is console, there are very few people at the vr ranks yet so there are no vr grind parties and even then there is no fun in this type of grinding. I will be going back to FF XIV for the release of Heavensward but I will return to this when they decide to make a change to the whole VR thing (if that ever happens). Please do not hate on my post, understand that this is my opinion and that I respect everyone's opinion aslong as they aren't ignorant.

Why should we hate you for yoür post? It´s widely accepted that the VR system is utterly horrible. I hate it enough to not bother with it at all, I have no character higher than VR 2 and I play since early access on PC.
    That said, ZOS will hopefully remove the VRs in the future.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
    • Xjcon
      Xjcon
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      How long has console been out? Were most of you thinking of being at end game within the first few weeks? I wouldn't bother playing a game if I could get to the end that fast, yes the vet system is a grind but it's like most things in life "with great effort comes great reward".

The CP system is worse then the vet system, 3600 points to max it out, and unless you grind constantly you won't reach that number for a couple years.
      Briza Do'urdenx V16 Dunmer DK
      Jcon V16 Orc DK
      Vierna Do'urdenx V16 Bosmer NB
      Jarlaxle Baenrex V16 Dunmer NB
    • SURxR3AL
      SURxR3AL
      ✭✭✭
      what is this silver/gold content, is the silver the next alliance and gold the alliance after that?
      NA Server (Xbox One)
      Magika Sorc - Zane Cloudreaver(EP)
      Magika Temp - Revan V'ile(EP)
      Stam DK - Kraven V'ile(AD)
      Stam NB- Relic V'alor(DC)
      Stam Sorc- Veric Septim(AD)
    • Lithium Flower
      Lithium Flower
      ✭✭✭✭
      Just continue questing and doing the zones. It is your first character, at least experience all the content before you start whining. End-game is a few dungeons and trials and PvP and isn't going any where. It'll be there when you finish up.
      Dragonknight Smith of the Lith | Rayna Dreloth
      Templar Josephine Belmont | Catherine Belmont | Irene Belmont
      Sorceror Blathanna | Eta Carina
      Nightblade Adda Vorenor

Ebonheart Pact | Daggerfall Covenant | EU | Champion Points ~ 800 | Crafter of all things
    • Grundiin
      Grundiin
      ✭✭
      VR leveling is hard, and it takes time to get through. BUT a game isn't made so everyone can rush through the whole game in a couple of weeks. remember that it's the experience and gameplay along the way that matters. And my opinion is that noone can accually complain about bad quests and such(yea, ofc some quests are totally horrible) since the quests are really good, they have a story for themselves.

I think Zos has made a very good game, a game that attracts people. It has Lore, huge map, many variations of skills, and best of all is that there is no restriction in how you can make your character.

Of course, you have all right to not liking it, but in my opinion i think you should go through all the content before you start yelling about how bad it is.

But anyway, i hope you will stay and give it a shot.
      It sucks when your at 2nd place in PvP, and your alliance gets all 6 keeps.
      Altmer Nightblade: DC: grundiin: lvl 50(CP179)
      Nord Dragonknight: DC: Sigrundur: LvL 50(CP179)
      Kahjiit Sorcerer: AD: Razus-dum: LvL 20
    • Osiinin
      Osiinin
      So I did a quick search, just checking I have this right?

VR is going away and being replaced by champion points?

VR ranks make your character stronger? And there is some content that only opens up at later VR levels?

So just curious, at 50, is there end game PVE content? Or do you need to be VR x for PVE end game?

What sort of 'power' difference is there in PVP comparing a level 50 VR1 to a Vr14?