The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Perfect Roe Ratio discovery thread

• Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hamgatan wrote: »
    Got one on my 77th fish, will continue fishing tonight

Well Zenimax, you sure found a way to get everyome into fishing..

Indeed! And oh how those people that always use to leave worms from flower nodes must be regretting their actions.
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • Moonshadow66
    Moonshadow66
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    So essentially it's completely ridiculous and the time and effort to acquire all pieces of the recipe, being stuck depending on hireling mails for the TWO purple mats that, if you use them for this, will make it impossible to make the upper level food and drinks you ALSO need, and the absolutely terrible drop rate of the roe actually COMPLETELY NEGATES the point of getting a drink that is supposed to...wait for it.... SAVE YOU TIME.

Of course you can always just buy the version they'll be selling in the cash shop.

OF COURSE. :neutral:

^This.
    Venus Ocean - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Gixia - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Frances Demnevanni - Breton Dragonknight VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Raygee - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Lady Olivieri - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Donna Demnevanni - Breton Templar VR16, DC, Tamriel Hero
    Elaine Benes - Breton Templar VR16, EP | Ray McCluck - Breton Sorcerer VR16, EP
    Moonshadow Demnevanni - Dunmer Dragonknight Lvl 50, EP | Jamie Stacey - Redguard Templar Lvl 50, EP
    Caia Cosades - Imperial Nightblade, EP

• Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    So essentially it's completely ridiculous and the time and effort to acquire all pieces of the recipe, being stuck depending on hireling mails for the TWO purple mats that, if you use them for this, will make it impossible to make the upper level food and drinks you ALSO need, and the absolutely terrible drop rate of the roe actually COMPLETELY NEGATES the point of getting a drink that is supposed to...wait for it.... SAVE YOU TIME.

Of course you can always just buy the version they'll be selling in the cash shop.

OF COURSE. :neutral:

^This.

Hmm, I'm not sure I agree. Of course now it looks like it's a huge time investment, because it's newly released and people are focusing on it the recipe and the ingredients required for it. But regardless of whether this update came about or not, some people would still be doing provisioning crafting writs, and people would still be fishing, just perhaps not as many.

What it means now is that there is another reason for doing these things. And just because the new reason takes a lot of time and might be some players priority does not mean the time is wasted at all.

And of course, we shouldn't forget this is an MMO, by their nature they've always provided (and always should) rewards for tasks that take a significant amount of time.

It seems some players are expecting to have a stack of these drinks and be able to basically constantly drink them. It's clear from the mechanisms put in place to obtain the recipe and materials that development does not intend/want this to happen.

And back on topic: 107 fish filleted now for 3 Perfect Roe thus far.
    Edited by Rev Rielle on June 17, 2015 5:01AM
  • Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tonight, I filleted 121 fish and received only 1 roe.
    Far too many characters to list any more.
  • Ommy71
    Ommy71
    ✭✭✭
    1 skin - 1 roe

Then nothing. :(
    ommyy - Stamblade - Brigadier - Master Angler - Former Emperor - All trophies Done - Stormproof - 27400 Achievement Points....
    PC-EU
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Fish = first roe. 200+ since then and nothing.
    Proud member of the Psijic Order - The first wave - The 0.016%

• I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Busy doing writs... Oooo! Got a fragment!!

Busy fishing... Oooo! Got some roe!!

Busy trading...

Busy getting gold...

Busy grinding CP with a 50% boost...

Did not notice a complete lack of new DLC
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faugaun wrote: »
    Your math is off....you don't need 1000 people to skin 1 fish....each skinning is an independent event so far we have a sample pool of over 7000 independent samples, obviously the more we get the better our idea of the actual ratio.

Only it's not math. It's the scientific method.

A large, qualitative study of single independent events will give you better results than a stack of uncorroborated numbers.

Ideally, they'd all be one of the same fish found in the same water type in the same zone on the same day. Which still leads to the problem that the study might not be easily repeatable. You'd have to split the study into cases then.

Case 1: 1000 people. One river salmon caught in standard Rivenspire.
    Results: 5 yes. 995 no. (1 to 199)

Case 2: 1000 people. One ocean longfin caught in gold Stros M'Kai.
    Results: 8 yes. 992 no. (1 to 124)

But one important reason that it's science and not math is because science provides theories, not proof. Which is why I'm not interested in the drop rate (a certain number that we'll never be told) but rather a testable range of success.
    signing off
  • Faugaun
    Faugaun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Acrolas wrote: »
    Faugaun wrote: »
    Your math is off....you don't need 1000 people to skin 1 fish....each skinning is an independent event so far we have a sample pool of over 7000 independent samples, obviously the more we get the better our idea of the actual ratio.

Only it's not math. It's the scientific method.

A large, qualitative study of single independent events will give you better results than a stack of uncorroborated numbers.

Ideally, they'd all be one of the same fish found in the same water type in the same zone on the same day. Which still leads to the problem that the study might not be easily repeatable. You'd have to split the study into cases then.

Case 1: 1000 people. One river salmon caught in standard Rivenspire.
    Results: 5 yes. 995 no. (1 to 199)

Case 2: 1000 people. One ocean longfin caught in gold Stros M'Kai.
    Results: 8 yes. 992 no. (1 to 124)

But one important reason that it's science and not math is because science provides theories, not proof. Which is why I'm not interested in the drop rate (a certain number that we'll never be told) but rather a testable range of success.

....listen it's equivolent I'm not going to explain cause it would take too long...yeah I've done biostats, anova, ecostats, experimental design and additional graduate coursework....and I understand scientific methodology....but go ahead educate us.

BTW statistics is math and doesn't provide proof merely a range of possibilities....
  • Savetti
    Savetti
    ✭✭✭
    Well, mine has been weird. The first day I fished I got 7 Perfect Roe. I averaged about one Roe for every ten fish I skinned. I was rather impressed. However, my wife (playing on the pc next to me) skinned the same amount of fish and didn't get a single Roe. On day two, I fished way more than day one and caught upwards of 200 fish and skinned them. I expected to have the same results as the previous day. However, this time I only got 1 Roe out of 200 fish.... Kind of strange results if I must say.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    All of the people who don't like fishing hate how much time it takes to get perfect roe, while those of us who like fishing are just walking around with big grins on our faces :D

And fat wallets. :D
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • IrishGirlGamer
    IrishGirlGamer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All of the people who don't like fishing hate how much time it takes to get perfect roe, while those of us who like fishing are just walking around with big grins on our faces :D

I can attest this is true, especially the part about the big grin. Here's how it works:

1. Save all your bait from Day 1 of gameplay because you have that horder gene. You know, the one Paul Sage and others make fun of.
    2. Over a year later, have stacks of bait in your bank. Stacks. Huge stacks.
    3. Fish for two hours while chatting with your guild friends about Fallout, E3, life.
    4. Sell perfect roe like a drug dealer.
    5. Big grin. Really, really big grin.
    Valar Morghulis.

Someday I'm going to put a sword through your eye and out the back of your skull. Arya Stark

You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well. Sansa Stark

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. Desmond Tutu
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I can attest this is true, especially the part about the big grin. Here's how it works:

1. Save all your bait from Day 1 of gameplay because you have that horder gene. You know, the one Paul Sage and others make fun of.
    2. Over a year later, have stacks of bait in your bank. Stacks. Huge stacks.
    3. Fish for two hours while chatting with your guild friends about Fallout, E3, life.
    4. Sell perfect roe like a drug dealer.
    5. Big grin. Really, really big grin.
    Having a private guild bank (since nobody else from that guild has logged on in 8+ months) to keep your fat stacks of bait in helps... :D I'm sitting on a little over 2500 guts right now. Less of everything else, but the bait I have the least of (worms) I still have over 800...

Of course, so far since perfect roe became available I've only spent about an hour fishing and only got 1, but I'll be fishing on the weekend with guildies, and that's always a blast. I'm sure I'll get at least a few more perfect roe then, depending on how long we end up fishing before everyone's too drunk to continue.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Alphashado
    Alphashado
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Casdha wrote: »
    First Fish = first roe. 200+ since then and nothing.

Same thing here. One Roe after the 3rd fillet, then nothing. 1/280
    Edited by Alphashado on June 18, 2015 7:05PM
  • smacx250
    smacx250
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skinned 220 fish - 2 perfect roe. But both came between #200 and #220!
  • Talimar
    Talimar
    Soul Shriven
    711 fish - 4 roe
    Updated 6/18 ---- 918 fish 8 roe
    Updated 6/19 --- 1218 fish 14 roe
    Updated 6/20 --- 1568 fish 18 roe
    Edited by Talimar on June 21, 2015 2:29AM
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got my second roe after about 300 fish total since the first.
    Proud member of the Psijic Order - The first wave - The 0.016%

• Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update: 140 fish filleted now and 4 Perfect Roe so far.
    Edited by Rev Rielle on June 18, 2015 11:00AM
  • Pangnirtung
    Pangnirtung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From yesterday an assortment of ocean, river and lake fish.

448 fish and 10 perfect roe.
  • Pangnirtung
    Pangnirtung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As an aside, has anyone noticed the price of bait since the patch? I was working on my angling achievement from about two weeks before and could buy 400 worms for around 600 gold.

This morning I was seeing 50 bugs for 10,000 gold. Laughable. We'll see how long those items remain in the store unsold.
  • Leggi
    Leggi
    ✭✭✭
    700 fishes skinned and I have got 7 Roes.
    Had 4 after first 200.
    And I have 3.7k fish left to refine. Master Angler heritage.
  • Eddzo101
    Eddzo101
    ✭✭
    88 fish 3 perfect roe
    one on the 3rd fish, 1 on the 52nd and 1 on the 76th
  • Alphashado
    Alphashado
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    EDIT: Got my 2cnd one this morning. So now it's 2/400
    Edited by Alphashado on June 18, 2015 7:01PM
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    5 from 500.

2 from the first 100

1 from the next 200

2 from the last 200.

Haven't seen a fragment yet though :(
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I fished for ages catching over 300 yesterday and got 0 and started to think there was some sort of bug on mac or something but today, I got 3 in less than an hour!
    Sorcerer, Templar, Wolf Collector, Housing Addict!

GM of Salted Wings Tavern and Salted Wings Housing 🏠🌻

'A House is Built with Boards and Beams, a Home is Built with Love and Dreams'

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/ElaraNorthwind
  • WinterCreator
    WinterCreator
    ✭✭
    I just skinned 524 and only got 2. :(
    “Hardship often prepares an ordinary person for an extraordinary destiny.”
    ― C.S. Lewis

Gwysaria/Ammalthea/Ammanthea
  • tyran404_ESO
    tyran404_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    3 roe thus far today: