The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Perfect Roe Ratio discovery thread

• NovaShadow
    NovaShadow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My 1st roe was on my 20th fish. Have skinned another 50 and nothing yet.
    PC NA - EPHS
  • Junipus
    Junipus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bought 600 bait, got 5 Roe. Got 60 Shad from that bait and got another Roe from that. So about a ration of 110:1 for me.
    The Legendary Nothing
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I skinned over 200 fish and found nothing.
  • Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I skinned over 2,000 fish and got a Perfect Roe every ~150 fish or so.

If I had to hazard a guess I'd put it at 0.5% to 1% chance per fillet.
    Edited by Paulington on June 17, 2015 12:35AM
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So essentially it's completely ridiculous and the time and effort to acquire all pieces of the recipe, being stuck depending on hireling mails for the TWO purple mats that, if you use them for this, will make it impossible to make the upper level food and drinks you ALSO need, and the absolutely terrible drop rate of the roe actually COMPLETELY NEGATES the point of getting a drink that is supposed to...wait for it.... SAVE YOU TIME.

Of course you can always just buy the version they'll be selling in the cash shop.

OF COURSE. :neutral:
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Dru1076
    Dru1076
    ✭✭✭✭
    I spend a fair bit of time fishing last night. Got 80 or so fish, but the gods of random generation were unmoved by my devotion, and deemed me unworthy of any roe. I was rather disappointed to say the least, and gotta say I am aware of a friend who got four of them of 40. Random generation indeed. I would not have been so disappointed had I received a recipe fragment... But the same gods of random generation were only prepared to give me a green recipe I already knew. This experience tells me not to bother trying to get them, or at least not to waste time fishing. If you have to spend an hour fishing to get a roe so you can send an hour with increased xp gain, wouldn't my time be better spent just sticking with questing? I gained nothing but a stack of fish fillets last night.

I predict there will be a select few who steak ahead from the pack on cp thanks to this. And a few will make very large sums selling these potions. This is not the fast track system for alts I had been hoping for, and it looks like if I want to level up a sorc it's still going to take months. I have no intention of spending months in order to do that. I fear my happiness about these XP boosters was very short lived indeed. :(

I sure hope my first impression of this new system is way off...
    Edited by Dru1076 on June 17, 2015 12:46AM
    Ask not what your sweetroll can do for you....
  • EQBallzz
    EQBallzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »

Of course you can always just buy the version they'll be selling in the cash shop.

^^this. Get out your wallets.
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skinned 8 fish so far and have received 2.
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    EQBallzz wrote: »
    MornaBaine wrote: »

^^this. Get out your wallets.

The problem is the Crown boosters cannot be used with food or drink. Without food my Sorcerer only has 11.7k health which is not a whole lot. It basically means you cannot use Crown boosters whilst in dungeons or trials.

They will be fine for grinding, otherwise basically unusable if you want to have half-decent runs.

Ignore it all! Faulty information. :smile:.
    Edited by Paulington on June 17, 2015 12:57AM
  • lsneakl
    lsneakl
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's more a reward for fishing as well as a way to get some cash influx. In the end is it really any different than ESO+ with the xp increase? At least this could be gained in game.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Paulington wrote: »

The problem is the Crown boosters cannot be used with food or drink. .

The ZoS thread specifically states they can be used with food or drink.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • victorhrpereira
    victorhrpereira
    ✭✭✭
    I skinned about 105 fish for one perfect roe. Yeah, I could have spent that time grinding elsewhere instead. :(

No ZOS, you are not steam to suck all I have on my wallet, not even close.
    My girls :

Cecily - Stam. DragonKnight - EP
    Valky Bladesister - Stam. Nightblade - EP
    Serah Sunspade - Stam. Templar - EP
    Cynthia Vukein - Mag. Sorcerer - EP
    Lúmina - Mag. Templar - EP
    Shauna Ivy - Mag. DragonKnight - EP
    Skyla Moon - Stam. Sorcerer- EP
    Jasmine Crystal - Mag. Nightblade - EP
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    405 fish, 4 roe.... 1% chance by the looks for me so far
  • Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    The ZoS thread specifically states they can be used with food or drink.

I can't find that, however neither can I find anything to support my statement in those notes, so I shall retract my statement! :smile:.
  • Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Faugaun wrote: »
    @dru1976 but I see roe selling for 75k per atm. The stuff is flying off the shelves

Is this on NA? I've been buying it on EU all day for 15-25k each and selling the XP Pots themselves for 50k each.
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    3 roe 300 fish roughly all three row were from lake fish and my first 70 then i started fishing rivers and a big fat doughnut since.
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @dru1976 but I see roe selling for 75k per atm. The stuff is flying off the shelves
    Wow, I was selling the XP potions for 50k, no way I would pay 75k for a roe, I was offering 15k max
  • Faugaun
    Faugaun
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Is this on NA? I've been buying it on EU all day for 15-25k each and selling the XP Pots themselves for 50k each.

Ya on NA, so you spend 25k and get 200k nice !
  • Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Ya on NA, so you spend 25k and get 200k nice !

Yeah, made over a million gold today, it's been a profitable one! :D.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    From the Intro to the experience potions thread:

"Note that although Psijic Ambrosia is considered a drink for the purposes of Provisioning, it does NOT prevent you from also having a food or drink buff active. This means you can drink a Psijic Ambrosia, and immediately drink some Red Rye Beer, and you will have both effects active on you."
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Dru1076
    Dru1076
    ✭✭✭✭
    Natjur wrote: »
    Wow, I was selling the XP potions for 50k, no way I would pay 75k for a roe, I was offering 15k max

No...definitely not what I was hoping xp boosters to be. This is just another way for people to make money, and not the fast track for leveling alternate characters I believe most people asking for these boosters was hoping for.

And looking at the shown drop rates, I can see their generation is very random indeed. Perhaps I will be one of the people getting 2 from 8 fish tonight... But I am not banking on that.
    Ask not what your sweetroll can do for you....
  • Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The time spent trying to get all the recipe fragments and then the Perfect Roe on top of it is much better spent just playing the game and getting XP that way.

I think they should just put the whole recipe in the Crown store for people to buy instead.

Oh and to answer the question: Last night fillet'd 250 fish, received 5 Roe. So ~ 1/50.
    Edited by Nebthet78 on June 17, 2015 1:52AM
    Far too many characters to list any more.
  • Perniciouss
    Perniciouss
    ✭✭✭
    I have skinned 3637 fish and gotten 37 Perfect Roe. I have been tracking my progress on occasion and each time I did the rate calculation, it has come out to a 1% chance. It definitely is a crap shoot on when you will get one. There were times i would go 150 skinnings before getting one, while another time i got 2 within 5 skinnings. You never know when you will get one. Completely random.
    Guild: Black Market Traders - One of the Oldest and Active Trading Guilds in Tamriel
    Guild: GL - Tamriel Fisherman's Guild - The oldest fishing guild in Tamriel. "There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore looking like an idiot."
  • hamgatan
    hamgatan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got one on my 77th fish, will continue fishing tonight

Well Zenimax, you sure found a way to get everyome into fishing..
    PC / NA - 1500 CP
    L50 Argonian MagTemplar PvE Healer (US/EP) "Smothers-With-Pillows"
    L50 Argonian StamPlar PvE DPS/Solo (US/EP) "The Rusty Argonian Spade"
    L50 Khajit StamPlar PvE DPS (US/EP) "Critteh Kitteh"
    L50 Khajit MagDK PvE DPS 97k (US/EP) "Snowflake Crusher"
    L50 Redguard StamDK PvE Tank (US/DC) "Rampant Rabbit"
    L50 Dunmer MagDK PvE DPS (US/DC) "Deep Fried Bin Chicken"
    L50 Altmer MagSorc PvE DPS (US/DC) "Acirrum" - The vMA/vvH Potato Sorc
    L50 Orc StamSorc PvE DPS (US/AD) "Fraggle Proc"
    L50 Altmer MagBlade PvE Healer (US/AD) "Never Goanna Heal You Up"
    L20 Redguard StamBlade PvP Tank (US/AD) "Sneak Dogg"
    L50 Breton MagWarden PvE Healer (US/EP) "Drunk-The-Koolaid"
    L40 Orc StamDen PvE DPS (US/EP) "Fugly Betty"
    L50 Breton MagCro PvE DPS (US/DC) "Ivanna Fakakakis"
    L50 Redguard StamCro PvE DPS (US/DC) "Skeletons In The Closet"
    L50 Dunmer Stam Arcanist PvE DPS 80k (US/EP) "Sends-The-Trout" - 1 Bar Oakensoul
    L20 Nord Arcanist PvE Tank (US/EP) "Now Thats a Huge Witch"

Xbox One / NA - 360 CP
    L50 Altmer MagBlade (US/AD) "Cork Soaking"
    L10 Argonian Templar (US/EP) "Makes-Me-Moist"
    L10 Argonian MagDK (US/EP) "<Forced-Name-Change>"
    L27 Altmer MagSorc (US/EP) "Sorcie McSorcface"

|GM - The Bin Chicken Alliance | Aussie Dragon Slayers | Aedra | The Skooma Emporium | The Bus | The Bounty Hunters Guild |
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All of the people who don't like fishing hate how much time it takes to get perfect roe, while those of us who like fishing are just walking around with big grins on our faces :D
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Eventide
    Eventide
    ✭✭✭
    I have skinned over 1500, honestly stopped keeping track after that, and not a single Roe. Though, like a gambler at a slot machine, I keep on fileting the fish thinking I'm bound to get some back to back jackpots soon enough.
    Guild Leader
    UserID: RPer
    [PC-NA] Eventide Dynasty
    www.ed-eso.com

Eventide Dynasty strives to maintain a harmonious atmosphere while earning in-game wealth.
  • Exstazik
    Exstazik
    ✭✭✭✭
    1 per 25-30
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can't really find a ratio for this, because it's n% per fish, not n% per x number of fish skinned. Each event is independent.

What you'd have to do is have 1,000 different people skin one fish and tabulate the results. If three out of that 1,000 get roe, then your sample success is 0.3%. That's still not a drop rate. That's just a survey of yes over no.

Then you'd have to run 1,000 people many more times to get an observed low-high range. For example, in a sample of 1,000, between 2 and 11 people found one roe off of one fish. Or 0.2 to 1.1%.

Which is a pretty crappy range for something prized and sought after yet worth absolutely nothing to a vendor.

But that's all right. Fishing is a nice, relaxing in-game hobby. And it's strange how Ambrosia is one of the most interesting puzzles in the game so far. In some ways, the search is going to be more fun than actually using it.
    signing off
  • Faugaun
    Faugaun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Acrolas wrote: »
    You can't really find a ratio for this, because it's n% per fish, not n% per x number of fish skinned. Each event is independent.

What you'd have to do is have 1,000 different people skin one fish and tabulate the results. If three out of that 1,000 get roe, then your sample success is 0.3%. That's still not a drop rate. That's just a survey of yes over no.

Then you'd have to run 1,000 people many more times to get an observed low-high range. For example, in a sample of 1,000, between 2 and 11 people found one roe off of one fish. Or 0.2 to 1.1%.

Which is a pretty crappy range for something prized and sought after yet worth absolutely nothing to a vendor.

But that's all right. Fishing is a nice, relaxing in-game hobby. And it's strange how Ambrosia is one of the most interesting puzzles in the game so far. In some ways, the search is going to be more fun than actually using it.

Your math is off....you don't need 1000 people to skin 1 fish....each skinning is an independent event so far we have a sample pool of over 7000 independent samples, obviously the more we get the better our idea of the actual ratio. It would be great to g get about 100k skins worth 9f data that outta give a decent idea what the ratio actually might be...if it doesn't then the ratio is so bad we probably don't care any longer :)