Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Thread for PC Users :)

• Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    P3ZZL3 wrote: »
    Someone last night on TS was saying that they had reliable information that DLC will be announced at E3. Somewhat dubious of this statement...or at least....I question that anything will actually be available around that date.

I suspect it will be the same as what you guys had last year, where they announced all the new zones mid/end last year and nothing happened. They will announce but the release date won;t be until much later this year.

I'm intrigued on how they are going to do the pricing structure on the DLC. I might even re-sub if the prices on the mounts and riding lessons are anything to go by, because £75 to get a fully skilled horse is not good value for money. For a whole new area and environment, I cant see it being any less than £30-40.

ZOS will play the exactly same trailers as last year 100%

/ZOSLOGIC

i like this thread
    Edited by Alcast on June 11, 2015 1:29PM
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• Buster42
    Buster42
    ✭✭
    As a PC user, I appreciate the welcome.
    PS4 NA
  • Lorkhan
    Lorkhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »
    So, it appears they are now queue'in people on the Console platforms. Not sure if xbox or psn or merged.

We know that circa 115k of copies where purchased then as a minimum based on the queue. IF so, that's a healthy $7m in revenue. Wonder how that stacks up in their spreadsheet?

Zenimax wrote:

But a note of apology. At launch, millions of players around the world were eager to explore Tamriel. The overwhelming demand caused delays for some players trying to log in. We jumped on the problem, but we’re truly sorry for any frustration or inconvenience any of you are experiencing. We are working around the clock to address these issues.
    and

Server Capacity: While we have established large data centers to support a huge player population, the millions of active players now in ESOTU may require increased server capacity to reduce queues and alleviate any server performance issues. This is being investigated as a priority for us.

You can see that here > http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2015/06/10/esotu-console-launch-update

MILLIONS sure thing

i hope we, pc players, get some increased server capacity as well.
  • coryevans_3b14_ESO
    coryevans_3b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lorkhan wrote: »
    So, it appears they are now queue'in people on the Console platforms. Not sure if xbox or psn or merged.

We know that circa 115k of copies where purchased then as a minimum based on the queue. IF so, that's a healthy $7m in revenue. Wonder how that stacks up in their spreadsheet?

Zenimax wrote:

But a note of apology. At launch, millions of players around the world were eager to explore Tamriel. The overwhelming demand caused delays for some players trying to log in. We jumped on the problem, but we’re truly sorry for any frustration or inconvenience any of you are experiencing. We are working around the clock to address these issues.
    and

Server Capacity: While we have established large data centers to support a huge player population, the millions of active players now in ESOTU may require increased server capacity to reduce queues and alleviate any server performance issues. This is being investigated as a priority for us.

You can see that here > http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2015/06/10/esotu-console-launch-update

MILLIONS sure thing

I don't know if even that could fix Cyrodil. My ping rarely dropped below 550 last night and the map I was on only had 1 lock and it wasn't AD. Cyrodil has gotten worse. I don't think they have less capacity than they used to. It's a much deeper issue than server capacity I'm guessing.
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_MaryB wrote: »
    Hi, everyone. We understand that people are going to disagree from time to time, but please remember to keep your comments respectful at all times on our forums, even when you disagree with others. Insults or other disruptive behavior do not help further discussion and can move a thread off topic quickly. We encourage sharing opinions, but we ask that they are constructively stated when doing so, as this will help keep the discussion on track. Thank you!

is there a "track" for this topic? :P
    didnt think we could go off it

Ya I think the point of this thread is that there's no point. It's just been fun mostly. Then the occasional console person jumps in to complain. It's priceless.

eating-popcornbowlpopcorn-gifbunny.gif

RABBIT!!!!!!!
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
  • P3ZZL3
    P3ZZL3
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was in Thornblade last night @coryevans_3b14_ESO and the Zombies over by EP (I'm DC) where in super fast staggering mode. Reallly weird. Minute I went into a mine, it was all back to normal again.
    CP561 Redguard | Jabsy Templar | Stamina Build
    CP561 Breton | Jesus Beam Templar | Magicka Build Forever!
    CP561 Naked Nord | Tanky DK | Stamigicka Build

✭✭✭ Check ESO Server Status Live!: http://eso.webhub.eu/ ✭✭✭
  • BigM
    BigM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They can fix the server problems but it would take getting rid of megaservers. There is just no way this will work with thousands of people playing the game. Maybe 10 to 20 realms would help but that does depend how many people are still here. Don't need to be a rocket scientist to see the megaserver is being over loaded daily, double that for consoles.
    “The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DaveMoeDee wrote: »
    Perhaps you would have preferred if they postponed the PC launch until the console builds were ready? That way PC players would have no period of being ignored. They would just wait 14 months longer or so until release day.
    But at least we'd not have paid to play what turned out to be a beta version for 12 months.
    Edited by KerinKor on June 11, 2015 1:39PM
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    *yawns* Mornin all

Breakfast anyone?

puffedcorn.jpg
    Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
  • coryevans_3b14_ESO
    coryevans_3b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was in Thornblade last night @coryevans_3b14_ESO and the Zombies over by EP (I'm DC) where in super fast staggering mode. Reallly weird. Minute I went into a mine, it was all back to normal again.

Ya, low pop areas I was down to 100 or so and it was smooth sailing. Anytime one of those "epic pvp battles" that ZOS promises on the box happend BOOM high ping.
  • Lorkhan
    Lorkhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Zenimax wrote:

and

MILLIONS sure thing

I don't know if even that could fix Cyrodil. My ping rarely dropped below 550 last night and the map I was on only had 1 lock and it wasn't AD. Cyrodil has gotten worse. I don't think they have less capacity than they used to. It's a much deeper issue than server capacity I'm guessing.

giphy1.gif
  • ZOS_Ann
    ZOS_Ann
    ✭✭
    Please remember that bashing or flaming players of any kind is not permitted per the Forum Rules and the Code of Conduct. Fun can be had, just do it respectfully for all players. Thank you :)
    Edited by ZOS_Ann on June 11, 2015 7:57PM
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Moderation Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow. @P3ZZL3 post about mods was taken down quickly. We must have our own dedicated forum mods for this thread. PC master race and all.

popcorn-allahu-akbar.jpg
  • Lorkhan
    Lorkhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    but idk man.the code must have its issues, but a better server would help a lot
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *Rolls eyes*

Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • redcomyn
    redcomyn
    ✭✭
    Since ZoS at the very start promised a console release, I agree that they had to follow through on that. A promise is a promise. However, I don't think that ZoS should have made that promise in the first place. There is such a difference between the 2 types of platforms, that I have never seen a game that did both that didn't have big problems for one platform or the other, or both.

Take Dragon Age: Inquisition for example. That game was designed around the console. They then slapped on an apparently quick and not thought out port to the pc. It didn't work well. It is part of the reason I stopped playing it.

This game appears to have the opposite problem.

I think that the games should stick with one platform (pc/mac or consoles) and concentrate their resources on it. Otherwise you end up with problems with both that don't get fixed in a timely manner.
  • BigM
    BigM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Ann wrote: »
    Please remember that bashing or flaming players of any kind is not permitted per the Forum Rules and the Code of Conduct. Fun can be had, just do t respectfully for all players. Thank you :)

The sad part is there is going to always be bashing of players when you put two groups of different play styles together. If you want it to be more reasonable between players then you are going to have to put PC/MAC in one group and Consoles in another group and not allow posting between the two. Heck I learned this in elementary school.

Also more love HAS to be given to PC/MAC players we have sat on the side lines long enough and to tell the truth I think we have been very reasonable about it for a long time. But like Dumbledore (yes been reading the books with my 8 year old grand daughter) would say. "The truth is a beautiful and terrible thing, and should therefore be treated with caution."

OK guys lets all get along!
    “The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not about separating the console and PC crowd.

It's that the PC crowd seem totally unwilling to share their toys with the new players.

I get that the PC version needs more love. Having been playing since Jan 2014, I am all for more love going to the PC version. But this will not bring new things faster.
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • redcomyn
    redcomyn
    ✭✭
    There are tons of games that are available only for the consoles, often only particular ones, too. I don't understand why pc game companies insist on making their games available to all platforms. I don't see the console game companies sharing their toys with the pc gamers. Some of them look like they could be fun.
  • ZOS_Ann
    ZOS_Ann
    ✭✭
    On a side note, discussing disciplinary actions is also listed as a violation within the Code of Conduct/Forum Rules. Please keep posts within the rules.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Moderation Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • BigM
    BigM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends.
    Albus Dumbledore
    ― Stephen Hawking
  • coryevans_3b14_ESO
    coryevans_3b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    [snip]

This exactly.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on July 28, 2024 6:28PM
  • Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Never seen this before on any Forum, ever.

I have.

It happens on Game Forums that have lost touch with their playerbase and who think the BanHammer is an appropriate substitute from properly addressing the concerns of the PlayerBase.

It is almost always an indicator of a game in player-retention meltdown.

All The Best
    Those memories come back to haunt me, they haunt me like a curse.
    Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse.
  • coryevans_3b14_ESO
    coryevans_3b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I have.

It happens on Game Forums that have lost touch with their playerbase and who think the BanHammer is an appropriate substitute from properly addressing the concerns of the PlayerBase.

All The Best

Very good point.
  • BigM
    BigM
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I have.

All The Best

Seen it a lot why I will never play another SONY/Daybreak game.
    ― Stephen Hawking
  • Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    BigM wrote: »
    Seen it a lot why I will never play another SONY/Daybreak game.

Yeah, it seems that some people think that "Corporate Image" is more important than a "Happy Playerbase".

Which seems to overlook that a Happy Playerbase is just about the best thing possible for Corporate Image.

But hey, what do I know.

All The Best
    Those memories come back to haunt me, they haunt me like a curse.
    Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse.
  • Lorkhan
    Lorkhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this was a happy therad, now it's a sad one.........
    im not pointing fingers, please dont ban me
  • redskins08ub17_ESO
    Well, I'm playing in PC. Yesterday went to a trial... I've crafted some things for friends, and even went to a veteran dungeon.

By my side is the XBOXOne... Downloading... And... Donwloading... And... Downloading. In 40 hours ESO is still at 80%.

It's quite funny, actually.

Then you have a bad/slow ISP. I downloaded the entire game on PS4 in 4-5 hours.
  • coryevans_3b14_ESO
    coryevans_3b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this was a happy therad, now it's a sad one.........
    im not pointing fingers, please dont ban me

kk, let's get back on topic...BUNNY EATING POPCORN!!!!

eating-popcornbowlpopcorn-gifbunny.gif
  • Lorkhan
    Lorkhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tumblr_inline_npbobnmYD41sd9yog_500.gif
This discussion has been closed.