Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Thread for PC Users :)

• freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Some breakfast, with it's own built in challenge. :)

5nqhhu.jpg

You'll need your strength to read this.....

Apologies, it sort of developed a will of it's own!!

A depressing story.....

My ESO journey started last year in Jan and as both a TES fan and a relatively new MMO player I fell rapidly in love.....

I still love the game, I think I am a bit burned out due to over exposure, I'm frequently house bound due to health issues so I do tend to play games rather obsessively.

I have previously stated my thoughts on the need for new content and the fact that I am atm amused by Geralt, whilst also half searching for a new title with which to fill my time.

Now I'm a bit crap at checking my emails, mainly because most of them tend to be from one 'social media' site.....

Sad but true!!

Yesterday however I noticed that in the past few days I had received a few mails from my previous MMO obsession, so mildly curious I did a bit of digging......

I was totally shocked to see the amount of content and updating that had gone on with this game in the year since I stopped playing it......

Now this game was released in 2006 and is totally P2W(if you choose to play that way), it has a very active but small community, the forums are as busy as these......

The depressing bit is when I compare the two game's output over the last year is that the old game has released a comparable, if not bigger amount of new content........

Now I know ESO has done a lot of fixing and changing around of stuff but come on this lack has surely got to change and change pretty damn soon!!

I would also like to add that as far as replayability goes, the old game absolutely knocks spots off ESO.

I thought I would never go back because I honestly believed that ESO would release content quicker than I could play it, I am after all the absolute definition of a 'flower sniffer'.

With more new content being released today my old friend is suddenly right back in the running!
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • Hexyl
    Hexyl
    ✭✭✭
  • Lorkhan
    Lorkhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bean.gif
  • Azculain
    Azculain
    Soul Shriven
    They will STILL need to rely on content not console gamers, console gamers move on faster than anyone and as soon as a new shooter or whatnot comes out they are going to be gone, they certainly are not dependable in the crown store.

The only way this game succeeds is by adding more elder Scrolls content, player housing, daedra worship, more spells, skills, weapon abilities etc. I think they learned the hard way that DAOCs 30k strong user base and hoping and praying for wow locusts was not going to hold up an entire mmo, everything they have done since has abandoned the non working model and gone in favor or a more Elder Scrolls type of game.

So they need to quit screwing around stop with the meaningless pay to wait model and actually put in some new content,
  • Heishi
    Heishi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morning @freespirit !!

Someone came in and threw down some ridiculousness is all.

Now wake up and make me some breakfast!!!

You should already have that prepared and ready when you wake up. Your morning should look like this:
    giphy.gif
    And so did many brave men, women, and beast fall to the end of Beta, never to be heard from again. All that is left, is whispers of the adventures they had.
  • Heishi
    Heishi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So the console people are reaching VR eh?
    giphy.gif

PC players will have fun watching this
    giphy.gif

The console players are going to be like "Yeah! made it to VR, now I can get champ points like a boss lolz, let's look at this popcorn the pc people are on about"
    giphy.gif
    And so did many brave men, women, and beast fall to the end of Beta, never to be heard from again. All that is left, is whispers of the adventures they had.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good morning guys!

Oh yes, been reading about the VR content from console players. Some people also thought that at level 25 they were half way to end game :(

Still not recipe fragments for me, although did get my 3rd VR up to 50 in provisioning so I can do 3 per day now.. haha

Bets? Drinking games? I'm down. I fessed up the fishing drinking game, someone else need's to come up with the rules.

@freespirit Thanks for the novel :) I like picture books better though ... :wink: I personally hold myself committed to ESO. Probably helps I'm not out of content yet, still have lots to do. Oh, and I need to make a tank in each faction.. so dungeon groups are easier to find.. haha
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    Still not recipe fragments for me, although did get my 3rd VR up to 50 in provisioning so I can do 3 per day now.. haha
    Sooo, do you want to hear that I got my 3rd recipe fragment this morning? :D

Of course, 2 of my 3 are the same fragment... :(
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Heishi
    Heishi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I wouldn't do a drinking game for all this. We'd die of alcohol poisoning >.>
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    Sooo, do you want to hear that I got my 3rd recipe fragment this morning? :D

Of course, 2 of my 3 are the same fragment... :(

I did already read you say that elsewhere actually.. held back. :angry:

giphy.gif

Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been handing out duplicate motif books I have since last night. Still not the one I need.

..I'm lost. You still need a motif book?
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    4 crafters doing prov writs a day.
    Nada

Meh

Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
  • lathbury
    lathbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now they have discovered cadwells and aren't happy I cant wait till they see the reward. I will definitely need more popcorn for that I cant wait.
    Also shouldnt all console threads like this closed as there are already threads on most of these issues from 14 months ago?
    just sayin :smile:
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lathbury wrote: »
    Now they have discovered cadwells and aren't happy I cant wait till they see the reward. I will definitely need more popcorn for that I cant wait.
    Also shouldnt all console threads like this closed as there are already threads on most of these issues from 14 months ago?

...maybe we should warn them. I honestly haven't finished gold yet, so I personally don't know what the reward is (although I'm sure I've read it somewhere).. I don't expect it to be worth any more than the last few "big" rewards. What I find unfortunate is I don't get to CHOOSE what it is. Like, hmm... help me out here guys, is it the mage's guild final quest where they ask you what you prefer? So then you get either a bow, staff, or sword I believe? They should at least do that..
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lathbury wrote: »

...maybe we should warn them. I honestly haven't finished gold yet, so I personally don't know what the reward is (although I'm sure I've read it somewhere).. I don't expect it to be worth any more than the last few "big" rewards. What I find unfortunate is I don't get to CHOOSE what it is. Like, hmm... help me out here guys, is it the mage's guild final quest where they ask you what you prefer? So then you get either a bow, staff, or sword I believe? They should at least do that..
    That's the Fighters Guild reward: it's the reforged Prismatic Weapon and you get to choose what form it takes.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wonder how the mods would take it if we linked those old threads to the new ones...
    This one has an eloquent and well thought out response to tha... Ooh sweetroll!
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shunravi wrote: »
    I wonder how the mods would take it if we linked those old threads to the new ones...

I considered it. It would also guarantee ~50 threads from the past get necro'd though.. not sure if that would be good or not... because I'm sure in those threads something will be mentioned that has since changed and we will all start some fresh argument debate about how the original poster is wrong.. since.. it probably honestly changed.

And of course @UrQuan comes to the rescue. he is like my walking, talking, fishing, awesome quest book... of ALL quests. And hey, I was close, it was a guild quest line. lol
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shunravi wrote: »

I considered it. It would also guarantee ~50 threads from the past get necro'd though.. not sure if that would be good or not... because I'm sure in those threads something will be mentioned that has since changed and we will all start some fresh argument debate about how the original poster is wrong.. since.. it probably honestly changed.

And of course @UrQuan comes to the rescue. he is like my walking, talking, fishing, awesome quest book... of ALL quests. And hey, I was close, it was a guild quest line. lol
    I only know so many quests so well because of my crippling altaholism, which has caused me to play almost all of them multiple times lol
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/181895/upcoming-combat-and-effect-api-changes#latest
    In patch 1.7 we will be testing some changes to the rules that control which combat events and effects (buffs/debuffs) are communicated to addons. These changes are intended to deliver more reliable information about what is happening to the player and their target without changing what addons know about activities between other players. Here are some of the changes:

You guys see this post yet? It could also have had the name "Post for PC users". It's all about add-ons giving us even more buff/ability info, and more reliable info about buffs and whatnot!
    Edited by MissBizz on June 18, 2015 10:02PM
  • GreySix
    GreySix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting. I don't tend to use those kind of add ons, but it would be interesting to see how they affect gameplay of others.
    Crotchety Old Man Guild

"Hey you, get off my lawn!"
  • Rinmaethodain
    Rinmaethodain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are addons who do taht already. But with 1.7 changes they will become more reliable. I love to see that ZOS still upgrades addons API. Games i played tend to have some kind of developer help for third party apps but they were usually "release and forget" kind of.
  • Heishi
    Heishi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    freespirit wrote: »
    Heishi wrote: »
    Tankqull wrote: »
    NptPNLj.jpg

Be Iggy eating popcorn!
    eddie-izzard-popcorn-gif-o.gif

Isn't that Eddie Izzard not Iggy? :)

yeah... idk what happened there...
    rhx0id.jpg
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GreySix wrote: »
    Interesting. I don't tend to use those kind of add ons, but it would be interesting to see how they affect gameplay of others.

I use some in dungeons - mostly to help me learn. For the longest time I didn't realize health bar appears cracked when the mob is taunted.. so I started using a buff tracker add-on to try to get a feel for how long it lasts. I still use the add-on on my healer, but at this point, I have my "feelings" down so I don't even look at it any more.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I use some in dungeons - mostly to help me learn. For the longest time I didn't realize health bar appears cracked when the mob is taunted.. so I started using a buff tracker add-on to try to get a feel for how long it lasts. I still use the add-on on my healer, but at this point, I have my "feelings" down so I don't even look at it any more.
    Hmm, I thought that represented Fracture, when the enemy's armour is reduced... Puncture and its morphs apply both the armour debuff and the taunt, I just always assumed it was the debuff part of it that the cracks were telling you about.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a level 7 person saying that he is not getting much from questing . . . Level 1 - 50 is a cakewalk.

I'm building a fallout shelter for us for when people reach VR. Plenty of popcorn for all.
    Edited by JD2013 on June 18, 2015 11:54PM
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • lathbury
    lathbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    are warlock rings still in the game?
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are indeed!
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • lathbury
    lathbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    must be having terrible RNG then havent seen any in months
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »

Hmm, I thought that represented Fracture, when the enemy's armour is reduced... Puncture and its morphs apply both the armour debuff and the taunt, I just always assumed it was the debuff part of it that the cracks were telling you about.

I think your right, but since the taunts also cause that debuff.. it can be used as help guesstimating. I was also warned about that (when I learned of this) that other skills cause the fractured look, so yeah, it's the debuff that cause it I think.. just nice that my taunt skill causes the debuff I guess.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JD2013 wrote: »
    There's a level 7 person saying that he is not getting much from questing . . . Level 1 - 50 is a cakewalk.

I'm building a fallout shelter for us for when people reach VR. Plenty of popcorn for all.

Better almost be done. There are already threads from people talking about their experience so far in VR on a console...
This discussion has been closed.