Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Thread for PC Users :)

• Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Random thought while waiting at the Hostel...

How do those fire horses run on snow and ice? Wouldn't they melt it and trip all the time?
    Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xendyn wrote: »
    How do those fire horses run on snow and ice?
    Very carefully.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • WldKarde
    WldKarde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Random thought while waiting at the Hostel...

How do those fire horses run on snow and ice? Wouldn't they melt it and trip all the time?

Thanks @Xendyn Now how em I supposed to save Wrothgar, if I'm laughing my a$$ off everytime I see a player riding one of those by :p

Now I'll have to wait until the next DLC until I can save the wolrld ;)

And what will become of the Chub Loons??? :'(
    PC NA
    Characters formally known as Veteran 16:
    Wldkarde, Sir WldKarde , Lil-Miss WldKarde,
    Dame WldKarde Stamplar "Master Angler" "Main" ,
    Shady WldKarde, WldKarde"s Bacon, Jaded WldKarde,
    River Wldkarde
    18 Master Anglers so far
    "Dames and Sirs, take my advice, pull down your pants...and slide on the ice!" Slightly adjusted quote of Dr. Sidney Friedman from M*A*S*H
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    My little goblin girl wants a ... Reindeer Bug (no I never can pronounce that name - and if you crossed a reindeer and a bug, this is what you would get) to ride.
    Enodoc wrote: »
    The first time I heard someone say echatere I was a bit disappointed to hear them say eh-cha-ter. Eh-sha-ter-re was what I was going for.

I gave up on any sort of correct pronunciation...

I just say "esk - a - cherry". I know it's wrong. But it sounds fun to say.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Happy Monday All!!

ekg87p.jpg

I have a terrible but wonderful dilemma........

Loving Wrothgar, however I have been unexpectedly drawn into DA Inquisition......

2drsxvm.jpg

Two games, not enough hours in the day. :)
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Soooo.... I said to heck with it, if I'm going to be doing some more undaunted dungeons (and I am) it's probably time to turn in some of the keys I've been saving ('cause I didn't want to turn them in till I hit vet MAX[tm] whatever that might be when I get there (and I don't game in a hurry, so I had a character with her initiall bronze from 45th, and a few non-vet silver keys and a few vet silver keys - she's like Vet 2 or so).

She's also my main cloth/crafter, so I figured might as well turn in the keys and see if I can get a page or two so I can get some laurels (mabye).

Lucky me! Got chest, legs and shoulders! Whoo-hoo... now I suppose I really have to get back into a dungeon or two. Been playing other characters lately.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    In anticipation(I'm on EU) and celebration of the apparent load screen fix success......

and also to make @MissBizz smile..........

2urxcgl.gif

Happy Goats!!!

Good Job @Zos :)
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @newtinmpls if it was me I probably wouldn't bother to hold on to silver & bronze keys on characters below VR10 or so. In fact, I've got some low vet level characters who I occasionally get silver keys on, and I don't bother holding on to them on those characters - I just turn them in. Any gold keys that you get, though, I'd hold on to those if I were you. It may take you a long time to get to max level, but it's still probably worth it to hold on to the golds.

@freespirit I can confirm that (for me before I went to work anyway) the load screens are vastly improved! I strongly suspect that tonight it will no longer take me almost 45 minutes to grab all of my hireling mails! I'll probably be able to get them all in about 15 minutes again, like I used to back before IC.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    freespirit wrote: »
    In anticipation(I'm on EU) and celebration of the apparent load screen fix success......

and also to make @MissBizz smile..........

2urxcgl.gif

Happy Goats!!!

Good Job @Zos :)

That's the cutest thing ever!

You know.. totally explains why I wasn't noticing these long load screens... lately I had been playing on a new character, or my crafter which only did the quests she needed to to level...
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey @UrQuan I'll have you know that in my smug now-I-actually-got-a-fancy-shmancy-motif happy dancing world, saving up those silver keys was totally worth it.

And as I have yet to ever get a gold key.... well, not holding my breath about that.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey @UrQuan I'll have you know that in my smug now-I-actually-got-a-fancy-shmancy-motif happy dancing world, saving up those silver keys was totally worth it.

And as I have yet to ever get a gold key.... well, not holding my breath about that.
    lol, you'll get a gold key! I wouldn't try for a gold key on White Gold Tower or Imperial City Prison just yet if I were you, but as long as you've got a patient group willing to try multiple times and put in the time/effort for it, I'm sure you'd be able to get a gold key for Wayrest Sewers, or Spindleclutch, or Fungal Grotto or something.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »

lol, you'll get a gold key! I wouldn't try for a gold key on White Gold Tower or Imperial City Prison just yet if I were you, but as long as you've got a patient group willing to try multiple times and put in the time/effort for it, I'm sure you'd be able to get a gold key for Wayrest Sewers, or Spindleclutch, or Fungal Grotto or something.

@newtinmpls after IC I saved ALL my silver and gold keys, I didn't want any of the monster sets particularly, so saw no point in using them........

At the time I was totally unaware that with Orsinium the Undaunted chests were going to start dropping motifs but as an avid collector of Motifs.........

I just HAVE to have them and need to earn them myself!!

Imagine my delight when I became aware of the impending arrival of Motifs in Undaunted reward chests. On Orsinium release day my first port of call was Wayrest with my somewhat large cache of keys burning a hole in my pocket!

Lets just say I did remarkably well and as an added bonus I also now have 'good trait' usable versions of ALL monster shoulders.

The moral of this little story is that it is always worth saving those keys, as you never know what Zos is going to put in those chests next. :)

As for getting your first Gold key, I frequently run my VR16 healer with much lower scaled groups to give a helping hand and have a couple of friends who do the same with their VR16's.

Keep an eye on zone chat for high level characters saying ''Lfg any scale'' for them it's an easy run, for you it's a chance to learn the dungeons AND get your Gold keys.

However I would agree with @UrQuan save vICP and vWGT until you have a group you are comfortable with, although they have been made slightly easier, people still like to rage at whoever they think is causing a problem. Personally I never enter either without first putting on my tinfoil hat!!

i22f5v.jpg

>:)
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    freespirit wrote: »
    However I would agree with @UrQuan save vICP and vWGT until you have a group you are comfortable with, although they have been made slightly easier, people still like to rage at whoever they think is causing a problem. Personally I never enter either without first putting on my tinfoil hat!!

i22f5v.jpg

>:)
    I actually haven't tried either since the nerf - do you find it's significantly easier, or did they just tone things down slightly? I have yet to complete vWGT. I made one attempt pre-nerf with a group of others who hadn't ever done it before, and we got as far as our third wipe on the Planar Inhibitor before we gave up. I think we actually could have made it through given a few more attempts, but it was late, we were all tired, some of us had to work the next day, and we thought there was a high likelihood that we were going to start getting cranky, so we felt like it would be better not to keep trying that night.

Of course, if we had known then what I know now about the Adjudicator fight, we probably could have gotten through that fight a lot faster and with fewer wipes (or maybe even none), so we would have had more time for the later fights. I was the healer, and I kept on getting locked in the cages, and then the others would die while I was trying to get out (didn't help that a couple of times it bugged out as soon as I got into the cages and I couldn't interact with anything until we wiped and I resurrected). If I had known that it's not actually random as far as who gets picked to go into the cell... Well, the healer would have been able to actually keep healing people when needed.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Aw yiiiiiis. He always seems a cool fellow.

Evening all!
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    JD2013 wrote: »

Evening all!

ya, good to finally see him.
    Unfortunately he'll probably catch a lot of flak, hope he brought his extra-thick skin with him.
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.

PC/NA
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Evening all!

ya, good to finally see him.
    Unfortunately he'll probably catch a lot of flak, hope he brought his extra-thick skin with him.

I certainly hope so.

I have always thought there are reasons the devs do not really post around here.
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

• JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good evening all!

How are my favourite forum peeps? :smiley:
    Sweetrolls for all!

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

• newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sleep deprived.... but this is the last week I do two jobs, and tonight at 1130 will mark the end of my last 17 hour shift.....

Need to play ESO....
  • WldKarde
    WldKarde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good grief @newtinmpls after a 17 hour shift I'm guessing this is how you must feel

sleepy-o.gif

Catch some Z's and then maybe some

Catering-Breakfast-The-Big-Scramble_550x310?width=550&height=310&ext=.jpg

And then welcome back to Tamriel ;)
    PC NA
    River Wldkarde
    18 Master Anglers so far
    "Dames and Sirs, take my advice, pull down your pants...and slide on the ice!" Slightly adjusted quote of Dr. Sidney Friedman from M*A*S*H
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ugh, yes @newtinmpls hope you get some rest soon and get back in the saddle.

and @wldkarde that breakfast looks awesome. I want some!

PC/NA
  • WldKarde
    WldKarde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    that breakfast looks awesome. I want some!

Haha me too!

I posted that last night...and then overslept this morning.
    Had to throw down a fast food gut bomb on the way into work this morning.

And now I'm paying for it ;)

PC NA
    River Wldkarde
    18 Master Anglers so far
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wldkarde wrote: »
    that breakfast looks awesome. I want some!

Haha me too!

I posted that last night...and then overslept this morning.
    Had to throw down a fast food gut bomb on the way into work this morning.

And now I'm paying for it ;)

What a crappy start to the morning. Hiyoooooooooo!

Afternoon all. Please help me keep sane with my insane workload.
    Sweetrolls for all!

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

• Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Must be something in the air with all these overworked peeps.

Maybe we should send Molag Bal after your bosses >:)

PC/NA
  • WldKarde
    WldKarde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here ya go @JD2013 try this until you can get your ESO fix ;)

9a05825abaef5a40641a87dba40f63db.jpg
    PC NA
    River Wldkarde
    18 Master Anglers so far
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That may work.

Maybe Sheogorath instead? For the funsies?

@wldkarde I think I need that. I will not be able to play ESO until Saturday. Have not played since Sunday.

Sigh.
    Edited by JD2013 on November 19, 2015 3:56PM
    Sweetrolls for all!

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

• newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @wldkarde you pretty much hit it on the nose. @Xendyn thanks for the kind words

I did log in. Stared at the screen..... timed out for lack of doing anything.

Went to bed.

But today - only 8 hours - tomorrow - only 8 hours...... plotting the adventures!!! Wrothgar awaits!

And now that I opened the 8 or so silver undaunted key/chest thingies and actually have some mercenary motif, I'll have to do an undaunted or two and see if I can get a laurel.

Waiting for the weekend....

106ui0a.png
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, that was a great AUA.

I think this will create a mighty bad taste;

https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/3thlqh/welcome_to_the_elder_scrolls_online_orsinium_aua/cx69emf

People will be wishing for Vet Levels back in no time :wink:
    Edited by JD2013 on November 20, 2015 12:51AM
    Sweetrolls for all!

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

• Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/3thlqh/welcome_to_the_elder_scrolls_online_orsinium_aua/cx69emf
    I was slightly disappointed by:
    Wrobel wrote:
    gear will require you to have X champion points
    Wasn't that one of the reasons for removing VRs? Although, it makes sense in order to keep the itemization. As long as absolutely no content is restricted based on CPs, it'll probably be fine.
    Edited by Enodoc on November 20, 2015 12:58AM
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was slightly disappointed by:
    Wrobel wrote:
    gear will require you to have X champion points
    Wasn't that one of the reasons for removing VRs? Although, it makes sense in order to keep the itemization. As long as absolutely no content is restricted based on CPs, it'll probably be fine.

I saw that coming. I knew that they would implement "X amount of CP's needed for this gear," as it is an MMO and there's always a grind of some kind in an MMO, but I can see this being a much bigger grind than Vet Levels.

I can't see them restricting content based upon it, but them min/maxers will be foaming at the mouth asking what gear you have for new trials etc.
    Sweetrolls for all!

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

This discussion has been closed.