The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Console Pre-load Details for ESOTU

• Dylanlucas
    Dylanlucas
    ✭✭✭
    They should send the codes out on Sunday night. This way everyone has a fair chance to logon at midnight.
    PSN: malos1979
    VR16 - Magicka DPS Templar - RETIRED

VR16 - DK Firemage - RETIRED

World First PS4 - VDSA, Hel Ra
    EU First PS4 - Sanctum Ophidia
  • Ojustaboo
    Ojustaboo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm as annoyed as everyone else.

But I suspect it's out of Zenimax control.

They probably have one consoles codes now but don't want to upset the other console manufacturer?

Looking at the live stream last night, even though I'm still dubious how pvp will work with no chat, I was very very impressed with what I saw.
  • BrisbaniteAU
    BrisbaniteAU
    ✭✭
    Dajronin wrote: »
    I appreciate that you may not have this information yet but it would be great if you could take this into consideration:

If the emails with the codes for the PC transfer people come out on June 8 United States time then it seems to me that it these might arrive just before or after the release time for customers in some countries (e.g. New Zealand and Australia). It would be unfortunate if the dedicate long-term customers in these countries couldn't get into the game until after (perhaps significantly after) new players.

Hopefully we won't be disadvantaged simply because we live in the future.

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Further to my comments above, and related to @LariahHunding 's comments below, would it be possible for me to purchase a pre-order copy of the game (for my daughter on her Xbox Gamertag), download it to my Xbox and have it ready for both her and I at launch?

Importantly, might this create any problems with my own PC character copy code on the same Xbox when I get that code on June 8?

Thanks in advance for your consideration.
    Honestly, I am ashamed to admit, bought another copy just to get on so I could reserve guild names that I want.

I had to make sure I will be on at mid-night.

EDIT: I hope I can link accounts without have to erase and redownload.
    I'm a middle-aged gamer from Brisbane, Australia, who has enjoyed ESO since PC beta and now into the Xbox One version.
  • Jorvag_Black_Briar
    Heya @ZOS_JessicaFolsom!
    Thanks for the information, but I need a clarification about us who played the Console-Beta a while ago.
    My ESO file is 54,44 GB so.. when I get the code on 8th Monday, I need to download a new ESO game or my ESO-Beta will be fine?

Thanks, L.
  • xJeremx
    xJeremx
    You will need to download everything again...
  • LariahHunding
    LariahHunding
    ✭✭✭✭
    xJeremx wrote: »

Ignore wrong post response
    Edited by LariahHunding on June 5, 2015 7:59PM
    "Give a man a sweet roll, he only has one to steal. Give him a sweet roll recipe, he have bunches to steal."

• izenkim_ESO
    izenkim_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Why?
  • xJeremx
    xJeremx
    ZOS_GaryA wrote: »
    Hey there @xJeremx,

The client for ESOTU on the consoles will require a fresh installation and the beta client will not update. We recommend removing the beta version of the client from your system as it will not be automatically removed upon installation of a release copy, effectively doubling the space that the game takes up.

EDIT: Clarity

• nastuug
    nastuug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_GaryA wrote: »
    Hey there @xJeremx,

The client for ESOTU on the consoles will require a fresh installation and the beta client will not update. We recommend removing the beta version of the client from your system as it will not be automatically removed upon installation of a release copy, effectively doubling the space that the game takes up.

EDIT: Clarity

Which is pretty much standard in the gaming industry. This shouldn't come as a surprise.
  • izenkim_ESO
    izenkim_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    @xJeremx Sorry, I misconstrued which post you were originally responding to.
  • xJeremx
    xJeremx
    @xJeremx Sorry, I misconstrued which post you were originally responding to.

No problem :)
  • CookieMcCrumble
    The more I think about this, the more it seems that we, the long-time subscribers and supporters of the game, are being treated as the least important class of players. It's the same the world around, tv suppliers give "new" customers the best deals, while refusing to give old subscribers the same value offerings. You see it time and time again... "New customers get!" "Offer available to new customers only" "For New Customers". This is no different. Everyone else are getting their downloads going as we speak. I actually have a friend with a physical copy in his hand - who is waiting patiently for me to get my digital copy before he heads on so we can work together.

I was hoping that maybe this may have turned around to work in our favour before release but sadly that isn't going to happen, and now I'm actually gutted that I bothered to make the switch to console at all. If I'd have known this was going to happen, I'd have cancelled everything and completely uninstalled it.

Perhaps it isn't completely in Zenimax's hands - but I'm sure, I'm POSITIVE, that if they had tried, they could have got us a better deal than this.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Inappropriate Content and Language]
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on June 6, 2015 5:23PM
  • nastuug
    nastuug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The more I think about this, the more it seems that we, the long-time subscribers and supporters of the game, are being treated as the least important class of players. It's the same the world around, tv suppliers give "new" customers the best deals, while refusing to give old subscribers the same value offerings. You see it time and time again... "New customers get!" "Offer available to new customers only" "For New Customers". This is no different. Everyone else are getting their downloads going as we speak. I actually have a friend with a physical copy in his hand - who is waiting patiently for me to get my digital copy before he heads on so we can work together.

I was hoping that maybe this may have turned around to work in our favour before release but sadly that isn't going to happen, and now I'm actually gutted that I bothered to make the switch to console at all. If I'd have known this was going to happen, I'd have cancelled everything and completely uninstalled it.

Perhaps it isn't completely in Zenimax's hands - but I'm sure, I'm POSITIVE, that if they had tried, they could have got us a better deal than this.

Just now coming around are we? ;)

[Moderator Note: Edited quote to match moderated version]
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on June 6, 2015 5:23PM
  • Uberkull
    Uberkull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I can confirm that the transfer game code you are receiving is NOT linked to the characters you have transferred on to the console mega servers. Any version of the game you buy, digital download or disc will have instant access to those transferred characters once you link your console account to your PC account. If you have received confirmation through email that your PC account was transferred to console (this happened on June 1st) then your characters are already sitting on the console mega servers.

You will need to wait until 12 midnight YOUR time to use the console game client to link those accounts. The linking is done through the console game client similar to what EA console games do.

Even though I'm receiving a console code, I went ahead and bought the digital download through Xbox Live so I could pre-download and play at 12:01am.

I received this information through ZOS support (however those are my own words above) as I had a open incident ticket regarding my account and PC to Console transfers since March. In my case, ZOS was extremely helpful in resolving my case.

I hope this helps players understand that scenario.

Edited by Uberkull on June 5, 2015 9:05PM
    ▬ஜ Seeds of War, Piles of Skulls ஜ▬
    ▬▬▬ஜ twitch.tv/uberkull ஜ▬▬▬
  • traigusb14_ESO2
    traigusb14_ESO2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    uberkull wrote: »

I can confirm that the transfer game code you are receiving is NOT linked to the characters you have transferred on to the console mega servers. Any version of the game you buy, digital download or disc will have instant access to those transferred characters once you link your console account to your PC account. If you have received confirmation through email that your PC account was transferred to console (this happened on June 1st) then your characters are already sitting on the console mega servers.

You will need to wait until 12 midnight YOUR time to use the console game client to link those accounts. The linking is done through the console game client similar to what EA console games do.

Even though I'm receiving a console code, I went ahead and bought the digital download through Xbox Live so I could pre-download and play at 12:01am.

I received this information through ZOS support as I had a open incident ticket regarding my account and PC to Console transfers since March. In my case, ZOS was extremely helpful in resolving my case.

So, I can just copy ESO from my friend's Xbox (non-transfer already downloaded) onto my portable HDD, then run it launch night and link my acct?

That's what I thought might work at first, because it wasn't the game that was important, but rather the Acct and Gamertag.
  • BrisbaniteAU
    BrisbaniteAU
    ✭✭
    I've done some reading on other areas of the forum (e.g. http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/170743/clarification-one-time-use-code-not-required-for-physical-versions-of-ps4-and-xbox-one#latest) and it seems to me that it might not be a good idea to do what @LariahHunding is planning below, unless it's done on a separate console using a different Gamertag. Perhaps doing so might link a completely new ESO 'account' to the Gamertag and make it difficult to link the PC transfer code to the same Gamertag?

I could be completely off-track here but it would be nice to get some clarification from @ZOS_GaryA or @ZOS_JessicaFolsom about this before too many people try out @LariahHunding 's strategy (I've certainly considered it).
    Honestly, I am ashamed to admit, bought another copy just to get on so I could reserve guild names that I want.

I had to make sure I will be on at mid-night.

[/quote]
    Edited by BrisbaniteAU on June 5, 2015 9:13PM
    I'm a middle-aged gamer from Brisbane, Australia, who has enjoyed ESO since PC beta and now into the Xbox One version.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Time to delete some games of my ps4....
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • Uberkull
    Uberkull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I received this information through ZOS support as I had a open incident ticket regarding my account and PC to Console transfers since March. In my case, ZOS was extremely helpful in resolving my case.

So, I can just copy ESO from my friend's Xbox (non-transfer already downloaded) onto my portable HDD, then run it launch night and link my acct?

That's what I thought might work at first, because it wasn't the game that was important, but rather the Acct and Gamertag.

That, I don't know. I said 'Any version of the game you buy, digital download or disc'.

What you are stating seems like it wouldn't work. Don't you need to register a game with the console for it to play it? If you could copy games from friends, it would seem like you never need to buy games. That's sketchy.
  • Onicx
    Onicx
    ✭✭✭
    Makes sense. I had a conversation with support the other night and I feel either he wasn't understanding what I was asking or he wasn't directly answering my question.

Ultimately, I wanted to know if i download the game to Xbox prior to getting my code on the 8th would i have any issues applying that code to my download and successfully transferring my characters over.

response By Email (06/03/2015 09:42 PM)
    Hello!

Thank you for reaching out to support regarding this issue with preloading the console game prior to launch. At this time, the only way to appropriate attach your account to your console is to use the game code that will be released to you on 06/08. This code is what will attach your characters/game progress to your Xbox account. Purchasing the game through the Xbox is not needed as you will receive the full game with your console transfer.

Warm regards,

The Elder Scrolls Online Support
    NA AD Xbox/PC
  • traigusb14_ESO2
    traigusb14_ESO2
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That, I don't know. I said 'Any version of the game you buy, digital download or disc'.

What you are stating seems like it wouldn't work. Don't you need to register a game with the console for it to play it? If you could copy games from friends, it would seem like you never need to buy games. That's sketchy.

Yeah, my plan was to DL it too (on my internal drive), and only see if it worked if I couldn't DL it by midnight.

A friend of mine says he does this a lot wit his roomate, and most games will bounce you to to the store when you try to run them if they aren't free, but when you pay you don't have to re-DL.

It depends on how they do the linking. I may be able to enter the code to prove ownership then skip the DL.

• Uberkull
    Uberkull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Onicx wrote: »
    Makes sense. I had a conversation with support the other night and I feel either he wasn't understanding what I was asking or he wasn't directly answering my question.

Ultimately, I wanted to know if i download the game to Xbox prior to getting my code on the 8th would i have any issues applying that code to my download and successfully transferring my characters over.

response By Email (06/03/2015 09:42 PM)
    Hello!

Thank you for reaching out to support regarding this issue with preloading the console game prior to launch. At this time, the only way to appropriate attach your account to your console is to use the game code that will be released to you on 06/08. This code is what will attach your characters/game progress to your Xbox account. Purchasing the game through the Xbox is not needed as you will receive the full game with your console transfer.

Warm regards,

The Elder Scrolls Online Support

Yea, that's not true. ZOS should clear that up here, on this thread. Your characters are sitting on the console Megaservers and any purchased ESO console client will be able to access them because you are linking your gamertag to your PC account.

My ZOS support source was the next tier support, and I also worked with a regional manager. I'll take their word on the information I relayed here.

Edited by Uberkull on June 5, 2015 9:26PM
  • Uberkull
    Uberkull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

A friend of mine says he does this a lot wit his roomate, and most games will bounce you to to the store when you try to run them if they aren't free, but when you pay you don't have to re-DL.

It depends on how they do the linking. I may be able to enter the code to prove ownership then skip the DL.

That's actually brilliant. If the code you receive activates the store, then it goes to DL and sees the '1s and 0s' already on your HD, it shouldn't do anything but maybe download the updates. :)
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, my plan was to DL it too (on my internal drive), and only see if it worked if I couldn't DL it by midnight.

This is correct. The files are the same.
    You would need to own the game to play it but if anyone shares their d/l it a time saver. That's what me and my brother/cousin do.

This is why I don't understand why ZOS wasn't able to work out pre-load access.
    I think 100% of us are O K with getting our codes on 6/8 at 11:58pm but the access to pre-install is the only concern and what the focus is.

Now how they do this....no clue but that should've been worked out prior to April 9 when the transfer offer went on sale
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on June 5, 2015 9:35PM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Jorvag_Black_Briar
    Fine! Another question mates:
    My brother PS4 have the PS-PLUS membership, and I always used his Account as my Primary with my own PS4. We share games, buying them with his Account so we can play together without paying double PLUS.

Now.. when I get on 8th Monday my ESO-code, it will work as the other games?
    Meaning, using it with my brother Account (which have PS-PLUS) and then downloading it with my own Account in my own PS4. (I was eligible for the Transfer, he was not)
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fine! Another question mates:
    My brother PS4 have the PS-PLUS membership,
    Now.. when I get on 8th Monday my ESO-code. (I was eligible for the Transfer, he was not)

I'd highly recommend...editing your post
    And creating/using your own account
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on June 5, 2015 10:42PM
  • Uberkull
    Uberkull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yet you quoted his post. Sigh. I don't know how PS-Plus works, but Xbox One live accounts support family sharing. Maybe there's nothing wrong with sharing PS-Plus.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yet you quoted his post. Sigh. I don't know how PS-Plus works, but Xbox One live accounts support family sharing. Maybe there's nothing wrong with sharing PS-Plus.

The sharing of ps plus isn't the prob.
    If he edits his I can edit mine

It it helps I'll do it but I doubt they care if they posted it.
    Sharing accounts to prevent needing to buy games....smh
  • Ojustaboo
    Ojustaboo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While we don't have an exact time, you can expect these to be ready on June 8th in the early afternoon (eastern time). We'll send out an email to everyone eligible as soon as they're ready!

1 pm est is 6 pm here in the UK.

3 pm est is 8 pm UK

Can't see many of us being able to download before it goes live.
  • xJeremx
    xJeremx
    Ojustaboo wrote: »
    While we don't have an exact time, you can expect these to be ready on June 8th in the early afternoon (eastern time). We'll send out an email to everyone eligible as soon as they're ready!

1 pm est is 6 pm here in the UK.

3 pm est is 8 pm UK

Can't see many of us being able to download before it goes live.

Yep, you're totally right... I live in Belgium and 3pm est is 9pm here.. so I will have my "predownload" in the average of the official release time .. so.. it wont be a "pre"download anymore...
  • ChuChuMouse
    Any information on ESO Plus being available at launch on the Xbox One?

Did I hear correctly during ESO Live that the ESO Plus subscription cards will not be sold until a few months after launch and might not be available through the Xbox Marketplace?