The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Console Pre-load Details for ESOTU

• CookieMcCrumble
    At *best* if the codes arrive at 6pm UK time (early afternoon EST) that gives us 6 hours to fully download 55GB worth of data, during a time when many others will be downloading that same information and slowing down the network (most likely).

I'm on an 80mb fibre line. I can't see me being able to do that. Plus the fact that I'm working until 9pm anyway and then will be back at work quite early on Tuesday morning, so all hope of much playtime in between is out of the window.

Well played, Zenimax. Well played. You've successfully alienated many of your core fans. Worst part is you're all probably sat behind your desks right now, laughing.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any information on ESO Plus being available at launch on the Xbox One?

Did I hear correctly during ESO Live that the ESO Plus subscription cards will not be sold until a few months after launch and might not be available through the Xbox Marketplace?

No info but game cards on console mean Xbox gift cards or psn gift cards
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Jorvag_Black_Briar
    uberkull wrote: »
    I'd highly recommend...editing your post
    And creating/using your own account

Yet you quoted his post. Sigh. I don't know how PS-Plus works, but Xbox One live accounts support family sharing. Maybe there's nothing wrong with sharing PS-Plus.

The sharing of ps plus isn't the prob.
    If he edits his I can edit mine

It it helps I'll do it but I doubt they care if they posted it.
    Sharing accounts to prevent needing to buy games....smh

Lol, I'm talking about my account and my brother account, and we live together, what's wrong with sharing primary account?
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yet you quoted his post. Sigh. I don't know how PS-Plus works, but Xbox One live accounts support family sharing. Maybe there's nothing wrong with sharing PS-Plus.

Lol, I'm talking about my account and my brother account, and we live together, what's wrong with sharing primary account?

I prob read it wrong....too many other things going on.
    Forums while gaming= mistakes
  • Jorvag_Black_Briar

I prob read it wrong....too many other things going on.
    Forums while gaming= mistakes

No problem, NewBlack!
    Hopefully I can find some answers about that by the way );
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure why everyone is concerned with getting the code on launch and then having to download because all those players transferring VR14 characters with 90+ CP are WAY in front of all the actual new console players anyway!

When you do managed to download it and jump online I'm sure heaps of us others will also have it downloaded by then so there's heaps of VR14 characters to group with... why the rush??
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • glak
    glak
    ✭✭✭
    Can we go to a Microsoft store and load it there? Eight-minute download with 1GB ethernet connection from an in-store file server would be nice :wink:
  • Uberkull
    Uberkull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    K
    Not sure why everyone is concerned with getting the code on launch and then having to download because all those players transferring VR14 characters with 90+ CP are WAY in front of all the actual new console players anyway!

When you do managed to download it and jump online I'm sure heaps of us others will also have it downloaded by then so there's heaps of VR14 characters to group with... why the rush??

I can think of a some things: Securing character names, guild names, hiring guild traders....and partying like a rock star when you accomplished all those things by 4 am!

....and shorty got low low low low....
    ▬ஜ Seeds of War, Piles of Skulls ஜ▬
    ▬▬▬ஜ twitch.tv/uberkull ஜ▬▬▬
  • BrisbaniteAU
    BrisbaniteAU
    ✭✭
    K

I can think of a some things: Securing character names, guild names, hiring guild traders....and partying like a rock star when you accomplished all those things by 4 am!

Also, some of us have planned in advance to have time to play at launch. It'd be pretty disappointing to spend the one day off that you've been planning for weeks watching a download bar rather than playing the game. Personally, I've been working really long hours to make sure that I have time to play at launch. I'd be disappointed to have worked those extra hours for nothing.
    I'm a middle-aged gamer from Brisbane, Australia, who has enjoyed ESO since PC beta and now into the Xbox One version.
  • izenkim_ESO
    izenkim_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Question for anyone who may know: I can redeem a code view xbox.com, but would I then be able to use Smartglass to install to my Xbox remotely?

That's all based on my hope that the e-mail reaches me during work hours (Pacific time zone), very optimistic I know.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Question for anyone who may know: I can redeem a code view xbox.com, but would I then be able to use Smartglass to install to my Xbox remotely?

That's all based on my hope that the e-mail reaches me during work hours (Pacific time zone), very optimistic I know.

The only way is of you could remotely go to my games and apps...scroll over and click to start the installation

These options to my knowledge don't exist
    But if you have ideas of how it could be possible for you...go for it
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    K

I can understand getting your guild name trader but do character names from your character copy not come with you? Pretty *** if they don't!

Hiring guild traders shouldn't be a issue if you've transferred all the money to your characters prior to the copy, we're going to have WAY more gold and items then any new console player who starts a guild! The in game economy is going to be very interesting! :)
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • DragonSamurai360
    DragonSamurai360
    ✭✭✭
    K

I can understand getting your guild name trader but do character names from your character copy not come with you? Pretty *** if they don't!

Hiring guild traders shouldn't be a issue if you've transferred all the money to your characters prior to the copy, we're going to have WAY more gold and items then any new console player who starts a guild! The in game economy is going to be very interesting! :)
    I wonder if I'm going to be the only level 15 Ebonheart Pact player going on Xbox One ha ha ha ha ha lol ;) Only char I have currently, at least at the time I received confirmation of the copy.
  • BloodStorm
    BloodStorm
    ✭✭✭
    Only paying 20$ for the game and a transfer is great in my opinion. People complain not playing on the 9th yet we get high level characters off the bat. I personally am rolling a new character but the 40$ discount is more than generous in my opinion. My PSN is Vampire_Noble if anyone needs healer/bite sometime.
  • DullBoyJack2011
    DullBoyJack2011
    Soul Shriven
    Glad to see we are getting the patch before launch. Thanks for the heads up ZOS.

Hey NewBlacksmurf, I sent you a friend request on Xbox Live... GT: BushmasterXM15E
  • Hawk269
    Hawk269
    ✭✭✭
    The more I think about this, the more it seems that we, the long-time subscribers and supporters of the game, are being treated as the least important class of players. It's the same the world around, tv suppliers give "new" customers the best deals, while refusing to give old subscribers the same value offerings. You see it time and time again... "New customers get!" "Offer available to new customers only" "For New Customers". This is no different. Everyone else are getting their downloads going as we speak. I actually have a friend with a physical copy in his hand - who is waiting patiently for me to get my digital copy before he heads on so we can work together.

I was hoping that maybe this may have turned around to work in our favour before release but sadly that isn't going to happen, and now I'm actually gutted that I bothered to make the switch to console at all. If I'd have known this was going to happen, I'd have cancelled everything and completely uninstalled it.

Perhaps it isn't completely in Zenimax's hands - but I'm sure, I'm POSITIVE, that if they had tried, they could have got us a better deal than this.

If you friend has a physical copy, he has to wait anyways since the servers are not up. In addition, if your friend has the physical copy, why don't you borrow it and install all the data off of the disk, so when you get your code, all you would need to download is the patch? Believe me, if I knew someone that was able to get the physical disk early, I would be doing exactly what I just mentioned.

[Moderator Note: Edited quote to match moderated version]
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on June 6, 2015 5:51PM
  • Hawk269
    Hawk269
    ✭✭✭

EDIT: I hope I can link accounts without have to erase and redownload.

I can confirm that the transfer game code you are receiving is NOT linked to the characters you have transferred on to the console mega servers. Any version of the game you buy, digital download or disc will have instant access to those transferred characters once you link your console account to your PC account. If you have received confirmation through email that your PC account was transferred to console (this happened on June 1st) then your characters are already sitting on the console mega servers.

You will need to wait until 12 midnight YOUR time to use the console game client to link those accounts. The linking is done through the console game client similar to what EA console games do.

Even though I'm receiving a console code, I went ahead and bought the digital download through Xbox Live so I could pre-download and play at 12:01am.

I received this information through ZOS support as I had a open incident ticket regarding my account and PC to Console transfers since March. In my case, ZOS was extremely helpful in resolving my case.

I hope this helps players understand that scenario.

So, I can just copy ESO from my friend's Xbox (non-transfer already downloaded) onto my portable HDD, then run it launch night and link my acct?

That's what I thought might work at first, because it wasn't the game that was important, but rather the Acct and Gamertag.

You are almost correct. You can copy it to your HDD, but in order for the game to run, you need to have the disc or the license to use the game as a Digital copy. This is where the code you get from ZOS comes in. You first would redeem the code, the system will see you have the game already and then it would run as a regular digital game. You then link your accounts and your PC characters should be waiting for you.

I have done this several times when my Wife wanted a Xbox One in the living room. We would just install the disk content, then purchase the digital license and boom it would be good to go.
  • Hawk269
    Hawk269
    ✭✭✭

For many people it is not about loading in your VR14 characters and doing what we have been. It is about being able to start a new character or two and joining other new players, also getting character names that people want as well. I am primarily going to play a new character and use my PC transferred characters to craft and help my guild, which is mainly new players. That is the main reason many of us want to be there day 1 at launch. Then there are those that want to secure Guild Names etc, that if you can't play 12-24 hours after launch, some of those names could be taken.
  • CookieMcCrumble
    Hawk269 wrote: »
    If you friend has a physical copy, he has to wait anyways since the servers are not up. In addition, if your friend has the physical copy, why don't you borrow it and install all the data off of the disk, so when you get your code, all you would need to download is the patch? Believe me, if I knew someone that was able to get the physical disk early, I would be doing exactly what I just mentioned.

Sadly that particular friend lives a few hundred miles away. The most painful part of that also being I'm actually the one that bought it for him as a gift lol
  • BrisbaniteAU
    BrisbaniteAU
    ✭✭
    This post is for character copy players from Australia and New Zealand (or from other countries in the same time zones).

I've worked out the times when you would be likely to start your downloads based on when the emails may be sent. I've based this on if the emails are sent at New York time. Add three hours if they are going to be sent from LA (e.g. 1am Auckland time becomes 3am).

(Please take into account that I'm making the assumption that emails to all time zones will be sent out at the same time; I'm also making the assumption that ZOS can't work out a better deal between now and then.)

I've used our date protocols (dd/mm/yyyy).

New York 8/06/2015 at 9am - Brisbane 8/06/2015 at 11pm - Auckland 9/06/2015 at 1am
    New York 8/06/2015 at 12pm - Brisbane 9/06/2015 at 2am - Auckland 9/06/2015 at 4am
    New York 8/06/2015 at 3pm - Brisbane 9/06/2015 at 5am - Auckland 9/06/2015 at 7am
    New York 8/06/2015 at 5pm - Brisbane 9/06/2015 at 7am - Auckland 9/06/2015 at 9am

ZOS , we realise that you're probably working hard on this but can you please let us know if the times above are correct so those of us on the other side of the world can let our bosses know that we won't be taking that planned day off? I'd rather be at work than home staring at a download bar.
    Edited by BrisbaniteAU on June 6, 2015 6:58AM
    I'm a middle-aged gamer from Brisbane, Australia, who has enjoyed ESO since PC beta and now into the Xbox One version.
  • LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel your pain.....
    My husband and I are in Sweden, both needing to download. Lets see, we might be able to play by the night of the 10th. Seeing as a lot of transfer people are just buying a digital pre order to get it installed on time really makes me wonder if this is what they planned all along. 20 bucks for transfer, 80 bucks for pc and then another 80 bucks to play on launch..... >:)
    Edited by LadyDestiny on June 6, 2015 7:18AM
  • BrisbaniteAU
    BrisbaniteAU
    ✭✭
    Judging from their previous behaviour, it seems unlikely to me that ZOS are trying to wring more money out of us in this way @LadyDestiny . They seem supportive of their player based and I don't think that they'd undermine our trust just for a few bucks. I'd say that they are wading through a swamp of Microsoft and Sony red tape. I bet that they are as frustrated as we are.

I'd just like a statement to let me know whether I should expect to get online on the time I planned to play or should I change my plans (and ring my boss and ask him if I can have Wednesday off instead of Tuesday). Hopefully we'll get that once the US wakes up.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hawk269 wrote: »

For many people it is not about loading in your VR14 characters and doing what we have been. It is about being able to start a new character or two and joining other new players, also getting character names that people want as well. I am primarily going to play a new character and use my PC transferred characters to craft and help my guild, which is mainly new players. That is the main reason many of us want to be there day 1 at launch. Then there are those that want to secure Guild Names etc, that if you can't play 12-24 hours after launch, some of those names could be taken.

This!^
  • rogueslayer
    rogueslayer
    ✭✭
    I would still keep an eye on forums and email for a release anytime between now and Monday. I'm not really worried about it my character names are there and ready to go.
  • Dylanlucas
    Dylanlucas
    ✭✭✭
    So if someone buys a normal standard edition from the PS store to preload it, then puts in his code on the 8th from his transfer (imperial edition) then he should get the transfer and all the features that comes with it?
    PSN: malos1979
    VR16 - Magicka DPS Templar - RETIRED

VR16 - DK Firemage - RETIRED

World First PS4 - VDSA, Hel Ra
    EU First PS4 - Sanctum Ophidia
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dylanlucas wrote: »
    So if someone buys a normal standard edition from the PS store to preload it, then puts in his code on the 8th from his transfer (imperial edition) then he should get the transfer and all the features that comes with it?

While that may work it seems better to buy on another account. If you're gonna spend $60 at least gift the game to a friend
    Then you'll have someone else to play with too
  • ajamison
    ajamison
    Soul Shriven
    So... To be clear...

People who ordered the PC to Console transfer MAY NOT pre-load until June 8.

We are working with our console partners on exact times so we don't have exact details yet. So to be 100% clear the second you receive your email, your code is live and available to be pre-loaded in preparation for Tuesday.

@Lord_Arkala, the day one patch is live now as part of the preload.

What if we did not purchase the account copy? My PS4 will not let me pre-load as of now. I am trying but it keeps giving me an error. Has Preloading not started for PS4 yet?
  • Moonscythe
    Moonscythe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm seeing a lot of unhappiness from Europe and points east and I wonder about the timing. If ESOTU goes live at midnight on the 9th I am assuming that the start point is Eastern US time which would put all points east waiting until midnight on the 10th. I know that folks on the other side of the dateline thin of themselves as being in the future but if the rolling start is in Maryland then you have to wait until the 10th. Am I wrong?

As for when we start, I'm not that upset about not being able to begin at midnight my time so much as I am upset about the shabby treatment we who have been here, some of us not all that willingly, since the transfer offer was made. I didn't need to pay up early or pay a year's worth of subscription, nor did I particularly want to do so. I did it because it seemed like a good idea at the time and I feel like I was had. I will be bringing a full set of Level 8 AD characters and a couple of Level 10. I haven't set foot (figuratively speaking) in any part of Tamriel other than southern Auridon since beta and I'm looking forward to exploring as soon as possible.
    Scura di Notte - Altmer Nightblade (gear)
    Lalin del Sombra - Bosmer Sorcerer (alchemy/enchanting)
    Angevin Sarkany - Bosmer Dragonknight
    Alkemene Velothi - Dunmer Warden (Morrowind)
    Sanna yos'Phalen - Altmer Sorcerer (provisioning)
    Cosima di Mattina -Altmer Sorcerer
    Naria Andrano - Dunmer Templar
    Luca della Serata - Redguard Templar
  • RAM2191
    RAM2191
    ✭✭
    Any one know a rough time of the emails containing codes being delivered on monday? I didnt get my confirmation email until like 8.30pm GMT. no way can I download 56 gig in 3 and a half hours xD
    Ram V6 Imperial Templar (AD)
    I am the hope of the Universe. I am the answer to all living things who cry out for peace. I am protector of the innocent. I am the light in the darkness. I am truth... ally to good, nightmare to you.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moonscythe wrote: »
    I'm seeing a lot of unhappiness from Europe and points east and I wonder about the timing. If ESOTU goes live at midnight on the 9th I am assuming that the start point is Eastern US time which would put all points east waiting until midnight on the 10th. I know that folks on the other side of the dateline thin of themselves as being in the future but if the rolling start is in Maryland then you have to wait until the 10th. Am I wrong?

As for when we start, I'm not that upset about not being able to begin at midnight my time so much as I am upset about the shabby treatment we who have been here, some of us not all that willingly, since the transfer offer was made. I didn't need to pay up early or pay a year's worth of subscription, nor did I particularly want to do so. I did it because it seemed like a good idea at the time and I feel like I was had. I will be bringing a full set of Level 8 AD characters and a couple of Level 10. I haven't set foot (figuratively speaking) in any part of Tamriel other than southern Auridon since beta and I'm looking forward to exploring as soon as possible.

Good point of view to share....maybe they'll comment on this.
    You definitely are right on topic with what gamers are concerned about