The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Are on-screen advertisements for the Crown Store acceptable?

• SteveCampsOut
    SteveCampsOut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On-screen advertisements for the crown store ARE acceptable.
    Valen_Byte wrote: »
    My only question is this. Are Subscribers seeing it or just non-subscribers?

Everyone is seeing it.

I haven't seen it so, not everyone.

You asked if it was subs or non-subs....I answered you. Both. :|

I'm a literal minded fella, if you had said both, I wouldn't have replied the way I did. :p
    @ֆȶɛʋɛƈǟʍքֆօʊȶ ʀʋʟɨʄɛ⍟
    Sanguine & Psijic Group Beta Tester.
    Steve's Craftiness Find out what I can make for you at my Google Doc Spreadsheet.
    Pacrooti's Hirelings Website:
    pacrootis.enjin.com/

NA Server:
    Steforax Soulstrong CH782 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH782 Dragonknight AD
    Rheticia Le Drakisius CH782 Nightblade DC
    Razmuzan Thrasmas CH782 Templar EP
    Sheenara Soulstrong CH782 Dragonknight DC
    Erik Ramzey CH782 Nightblade AD
    Growling Kahjiti CH782 Nightblade EP
    One of Many Faces CH782 Sorcerer DC
    Grumpasaurus Rex CH782 Warden DC
    EU Server:
    Guildmaster of Pacrooti's Hirelings AD Based LGBT Friendly Guild.
    Stefrex Souliss CH701 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH701 Dragonknight DC
    Slithisi Ksissi CH701 Nightblade EP
    Pokes-With-Fire CH701 Dragonknight AD
    Josie-The-Pussi-Cat CH701 Templar AD
    Stug-Grog M'God CH701 Templar DC
    One With Many Faces CH701 Nightblade DC
    Trixie Truskan CH701 Sorcerer EP
    Grumpetasaurus Rex CH701 Warden EP
    ESO Plus status: Canceled!
  • ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On-screen advertisements for the crown store are NOT acceptable.
    Not acceptable. At all, for free or subscribed players.
    Gore-of-the-Forest Argonian Nightblade
    Wode Earthrender Breton Dragonknight
    Ceol the Last Baron Redguard Dragonknight
    Wayra High Elf Sorceress
    Erebain Salothran Dark Elf Templar
    Rituals-of-the-Forest Argonian Warden
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I vote yes with the caveat only if you are not subbed to ESO Plus. ZoS has to generate revenue and if they think this helps so be it, but if you are subbed then you shouldn't be getting that non-sense popping up in your face :p
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    nimander99 wrote: »
    I vote yes with the caveat only if you are not subbed to ESO Plus. ZoS has to generate revenue and if they think this helps so be it, but if you are subbed then you shouldn't be getting that non-sense popping up in your face :p

Then you voted wrong. Because, it is not that way and never will be.
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
  • Dre4dwolfb14_ESO
    I never even seen this thing popup, I must of been afk or something.

I see nothing wrong with an advert.

I got a better idea
    how about
    instead of selling crap, you just make the launcher for the game mine lightcoins/altcoins/crypto currencies in the background while you play ^^ . . . at a hash rate that doesn't even impact fps (say 20kh/s or some crap)

• bloodenragedb14_ESO
    bloodenragedb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if the pets gave some small advantage, like 1 to 5% to some form of stat, then id be inclined to be ok with it. as it is, pets are pointless, even to rp'ers as we cant control their actions or even pet them
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 'ad' reeked of something like a cheesy idea some suit came up with. It was a bad idea, don't repeat it ZOS.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have to have a shop I don't want it getting in the way of my Tamriel.

No on screen pop up messages. No traders shouting out about shop wares. No in game petshops.

I know where the shop is if I want something. Keep it out of my way otherwise please.
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

So pay to not be annoyed? How ethical.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Destai wrote: »

Ad opt outs are a pretty common subscriber perk in most places. Of course, if ZOS did that, and then ramped up the volume of the ads in order to push people towards the subscription... that would be, at best, dubious.
  • Psychobunni
    Psychobunni
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sirius Satellite Radio....music without 10 minutes of commercials between each song. Whole business built upon the idea of commercial free. (their talk shows do have ads)

I'd be okay with it if subbed players didn't have to see spam.
    If options weren't necessary, and everyone played the same way, no one would use addons. Fix the UI!

• Alleon
    Alleon
    ✭✭✭
    As that? It's not acceptable because it interferes with my gameplay. I don't want to get any popping-on-screen ads while I am focusing on dialog or other stuff. It's far too aggressive. On the other hand some non-aggressive ads, like mentioned on log screen, even on loading screen in a "tip" form is ok with me.
  • Alleon
    Alleon
    ✭✭✭
    Cinder82 wrote: »
    OMG SRSLY??? WHO CARES! IF YOU ARE TO WEAK TO NOT PAY ATTANTION TO IT I FEEL SRY FOR YOU! WELCOME IN THE WORLD OF CONSUMERISM.

I shall obscure your whole screen with ads and then I call you "weak" if you would have problem with that. Seriously what kind of argument is this?
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Sirius Satellite Radio....music without 10 minutes of commercials between each song. Whole business built upon the idea of commercial free. (their talk shows do have ads)

How about in the middle of a song? That's not a valid comparison because there is a presumed break between songs. And can you say that's enjoyable? That's the defense that I'm not seeing from people on your end. You're taking a game that was previously immersive and saying that increased advertising is acceptable.

I may be in the minority but I refuse to give businesses to annoyances. If your business cannot stand on its merits, then it's not worth buying.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xaraan wrote: »
    The 'ad' reeked of something like a cheesy idea some suit came up with. It was a bad idea, don't repeat it ZOS.

I'm hoping it was a one-time experiment, to see if they could get away with it and after the response it's had they won't do it again.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Psychobunni
    Psychobunni
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How about in the middle of a song? That's not a valid comparison because there is a presumed break between songs. And can you say that's enjoyable? That's the defense that I'm not seeing from people on your end. You're taking a game that was previously immersive and saying that increased advertising is acceptable.

I may be in the minority but I refuse to give businesses to annoyances. If your business cannot stand on its merits, then it's not worth buying.

If you notice I voted "no, not acceptable". That is my answer if given the choice, but who are we kidding ZOS does what ZOS wants. Being that case, they already have my money every month on the month atm, that should at minimum buy me a spam free game.
    If options weren't necessary, and everyone played the same way, no one would use addons. Fix the UI!

• Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You're not in the minority. As of right now, 80% agree with you and me. : )
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
  • ArgonianAssassin
    ArgonianAssassin
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's their game, they need to advertise the crown store somehow. As long as it's not being spammed every 5 minutes like a commercial it's okay, big yellow characters across my screen no thanks. A little message in my chat box saying "Hey, we've got some cool stuff in our shop like x, y and z that you might wanna check out"
    "It is okay to fear the night, even the bravest warriors are filled with fright, at the sight of the might of Sithis' fang, let the blood be washed away by the rain, let the stains forever remain, another life taken in Sithis' name, another soul for the void. All hail our Dread Father and his consort, the Night Mother." -Stalks-His-Prey
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    big yellow characters across my screen no thanks.

This is exactly what the poll is about. If big yellow letters across your screen is not ok, then you voted wrong. *rolls eyes
    Edited by Valen_Byte on April 16, 2015 5:12AM
    GM of BYTE
  • ArgonianAssassin
    ArgonianAssassin
    ✭✭✭✭
    I know what the POLL is about, thanks. I voted correct, I am in favor of in game ads, which is what the poll is about. See the red box above my name? On-screen advertisements for the crown store ARE acceptable.
    Edited by ArgonianAssassin on April 16, 2015 5:08AM
    "It is okay to fear the night, even the bravest warriors are filled with fright, at the sight of the might of Sithis' fang, let the blood be washed away by the rain, let the stains forever remain, another life taken in Sithis' name, another soul for the void. All hail our Dread Father and his consort, the Night Mother." -Stalks-His-Prey
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

This is exactly what the pole is about. If big yellow letters across your screen is not ok, then you voted wrong. *rolls eyes

I know what the POLL is about, thanks. I voted correct, I am in favor of in game ads, which is what the poll is about.

No, thats not what the poll is about. Its my poll.

The poll specifically is asking if 'Big yellow adds across the screen are ok. You said that is not ok in your first statement. Therefore, you voted wrong.
    Edited by Valen_Byte on April 16, 2015 5:12AM
    GM of BYTE
  • ArgonianAssassin
    ArgonianAssassin
    ✭✭✭✭

This is exactly what the pole is about. If big yellow letters across your screen is not ok, then you voted wrong. *rolls eyes

I know what the POLL is about, thanks. I voted correct, I am in favor of in game ads, which is what the poll is about.
    Yes, big yellow words across the screen not okay, in game advertisements on my screen, are okay. I voted correct, your POLL options support me. Read what you wrote. In game crown store advertisements ARE okay. Nothing here implies or refers to big yellow letters.
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yes, big yellow words across the screen not okay, in game advertisements on my screen, are okay. I voted correct, your POLL options support me. Read what you wrote. In game crown store advertisements ARE okay. Nothing here implies or refers to big yellow letters.

I could not have been more clear as to what the POLL is asking. Did you not see the image I posted as an example? Its ok to admit you misunderstood.

GM of BYTE
  • ArgonianAssassin
    ArgonianAssassin
    ✭✭✭✭

I could not have been more clear as to what the POLL is asking. Did you not see the image I posted as an example? Its ok to admit you misunderstood.
    I did see, and I picked the response that appropriately ascribed to my belief, which is in game advertisements are okay. I did not misunderstand, the poll asked if in game ads were okay or not, I think they are. End of discussion.
  • Vyle_Byte
    Vyle_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did see, and I picked the response that appropriately ascribed to my belief, which is in game advertisements are okay. I did not misunderstand, the poll asked if in game ads were okay or not, I think they are. End of discussion.

Actually it doesn't say "in game ads". The debate was all about the Big Yellow crap that flashed across our screens. If you don't wish to see that, which you clearly said you don't, then Valen is right, you voted wrong. Because THAT is what the POLL is about.

Sheesh. We are just trying to make it clear to ZOS that we don't wish for that particular advertising. Duh they have to advertise, that's not even the question.

Member of the Old Guard
    Mother of the Byte Family
    Vyle Byte||Ivana Byte||Vyible Byte||Hakate Vampler Former EMPRESS BWB||Haan Zolo {Retired} (He swung first)||Lunari ||Wardyn Chalyk Tahno||Dirti Dianah||Bonnie||
    Viva la Byte
  • ArgonianAssassin
    ArgonianAssassin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vyle_Byte wrote: »

Actually it doesn't say "in game ads". The debate was all about the Big Yellow crap that flashed across our screens. If you don't wish to see that, which you clearly said you don't, then Valen is right, you voted wrong. Because THAT is what the POLL is about.

Sheesh. We are just trying to make it clear to ZOS that we don't wish for that particular advertising. Duh they have to advertise, that's not even the question.
    Are on-screen advertisements for the Crown Store acceptable? This is the question asked by the poll, I voted correctly, and clarified my position further in my first post. Big yellow letters not okay, we agree here, in game advertisements ARE okay, as stated in the poll options. This is my opinion, I am correct, I will be participating in this thread no longer.
  • Greycats
    Greycats
    ✭✭
    I think that the on-screen advertisements are absolutely horrible. Big yellow letters across the screen are not okay at all. Please take these away!
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A quiet night in the tavern after a hard day of questing. Just sat down to rest your bruises and have that first sweet sip of ale when the bard strikes up ....

"Red diamond, red diamond
    The heart and soul of men

Red diamond, red diamond
    It's on sale in the crown store again ......"
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I know what the POLL is about, thanks. I voted correct, I am in favor of in game ads, which is what the poll is about. See the red box above my name? On-screen advertisements for the crown store ARE acceptable.

So you want to have messages flashing across the screen, telling you about stuff when you're playing. You can't possibly see how that'll be annoying to some people? You can't possibly see how that will break immersion or even ruin someone's experience.

The post needs to be cleared up to show that the ads are fine (in chat, whatever) but not across the screen. That's what everyone is riled over.
    Edited by Destai on April 16, 2015 3:36PM
  • tengri
    tengri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And they did it again...announcing the new pet for sale during the weekend.
    Well... lets put it this way:
    BLEH!
    :/
    Also, I certainly do not need to see them in all the three supported languages either.
    Client is set to English. At least have the courtesy to respect that...