The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Harrassment Already A Larger Problem

• newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jeremy wrote: »

This idea that the so-called role-players do not bother anyone just isn't true though. I've been annoyed and irritated by them on several occasions through-out my gaming.

And I have been annoyed by PvPers, and so on and so on.

I think there is a qualitative difference between a play-style that doesn't appeal to a particular person - and someone putting time and energy into being disrespectful.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • stewhead2ub17_ESO
    stewhead2ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would submit that open world PvP is not a legitimate answer to this problem. We should not have to be drug into PvPing and become sidetracked or suddenly engaged in a futile "gang war" if there is no wish to do so.

• QuadroTony
    QuadroTony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    few days ago we found a vampire spawn at Reaper March and inviting people from the zone for free bite
    people was bitten, mobs stay alive, that was the deal

but one guy, he told he cannot left this usefull rare spawm of mobs alive
    BECAUSE HE PRing

we told him to STOP
    but he kill all of them, and people become very angry because of it, they wasnt in time to had bitten

from that moment i become a HATER OF ANY RP PLAYERS in ESO
    i will troll em EVERYTIME, I SWEAR
    they must suffer
    Edited by QuadroTony on April 1, 2015 6:20PM
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »

This idea that the so-called role-players do not bother anyone just isn't true though. I've been annoyed and irritated by them on several occasions through-out my gaming.

I think there is a qualitative difference between a play-style that doesn't appeal to a particular person - and someone putting time and energy into being disrespectful.

One player is going of their way to be a fruity-sounding cartoon knight - the other is going out of their way to be a disruptive underwear dancer. Both play-styles have the potential to annoy others depending on the individuals involved.

If there is a qualitative difference in the two - it's an objective one that would be impossible to measure consistently and fairly. You will never be able to force people to be respectful to one another so might as well not even try. Not to mention everyone has their own ideas about what constitutes respect and what doesn't anyway.
    Edited by Jeremy on April 1, 2015 6:26PM
  • phreatophile
    phreatophile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    QuadroTony wrote: »
    few days ago we found a vampire spawn at Reaper March and inviting people from the zone for free bite

BECAUSE HE PRing

we told him to STOP
    but he kill all of them, and people become very angry because of it, they wasnt in time to had bitten

they must suffer

'People' have been pulling this crap and using RP as an excuse since early acces; usually to protect their bite selling. It took me weeks to get a bite back in April because of it. Those were not RPers, they were jerks griefing others for gold.

So, one jerk's misbehavior is an excuse to mess with any/all roleplayers?
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

BECAUSE HE PRing

we told him to STOP

they must suffer

This is interesting to me.

My first vampire bite was from a group of people who were RPing as two vampires and a vampire hunter at the vampire shrine and kept me interested enough to stop and watch them. When they attempted to bring me into their scene by asking if my character was a vampire hunter, my response was one expressing more interest in becoming a vampire rather than hunting them and a brief apology for interrupting their scene.
    One of the members of the group was kind enough to bite me, then we went our separate ways.
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • uso245
    uso245
    ✭✭✭
    Grao wrote: »
    As someone that enjoys roleplaying (but haven't yet tried it on ESO specially because of trolls), I give you my full support, @MornaBaine. It would be great if muting someone indeed made their character, not only their chat invisible. It would also be amazing if there was a RP channel where you can emote and not be as easily disturbed by other chats.

As for the presence of GMs in ESO. Seems they increase moderation on their forum, but not in the game. It is sad.

I have a separate tab where all other chats are turned off except the one I would be using to eliminate any outside unwanted chatters. I especially use this for Zone Chat where sometimes like in Cyrodiil for example there isn't anything regarding PvP going on and simply people fussing back and forth at each other.
    My Facebook Page
    My Youtube Channel
    (DC NA Megaserver) Beta Tester
    My Twitter
    Art of Death
    Fate Stay Night

Member since February 2014
    l
    Strategist/Tactician
  • desciviib14_ESO
    desciviib14_ESO
    ✭✭✭

One player is going of their way to be a fruity-sounding cartoon knight - the other is going out of their way to be a disruptive underwear dancer. Both play-styles have the potential to annoy others depending on the individuals involved.

If there is a qualitative difference in the two - it's an objective one that would be impossible to measure consistently and fairly. You will never be able to force people to be respectful to one another so might as well not even try. Not to mention everyone has their own ideas about what constitutes respect and what doesn't anyway.

but many if not most that are making an active attempt to be a nuisance cant help but make sure you know by stating so. As OP pointed out, where they said that this is what they do to RPers. That should be a violation of TOS. If they are smart enough to just dance and do their own thing then that's another story but we all know that its attention the trolls/nuisance players crave and most of them will be unable to help themselves if they are ignored and will make sure to make inflammatory statements; whereas, those who are truly just playing their own way should really not be concerned with what others are doing around them in all fairness. It's not about making special rules for RPers but rather about weeding out the differences between those who use the game and it's content for their own fun and those who abuse the ability to interact with other players without consequences.

There is nothing here of interest to any nations; as a matter of fact, there is nothing here but people.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I see this argument as a thinly veiled attempt to say that people should simply be allowed to be as rude as they want and everyone else just has to take it. You are certainly welcome to that opinion. However, what is being asked for actually HELPS you and all of the deliberately rude people out there. If the tools to ignore you and/or escape from you are placed in the hands of players then there is no further need of GM involvement or of running the risk of being censured for your bad behavior which you seem to find so unfair. The proper in-game tools in place of an extended /ignore function that would make you simply disappear to the people you are trying to grief or are simply offending by being in your underwear and/or private instancing for groups would allow you to be as perfectly awful as you want without fear of censure... because your efforts to be awful could simply be avoided altogether.

Though, to be truthful...I think that's the part you don't like. Isn't it?
    Edited by MornaBaine on April 1, 2015 7:18PM
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As much as this sucks @MornaBaine I don't think I've ever played an MMO where every person trolling RPers as dealt with, it's just not going to happen, and in the list of things for a GM to do it's probably one of the last ones. It might not be possible or viable, but when you can, RP in vet zones, and the troll problem will be solved for a while. Besides, if you're AD, EP and DC have much better locations to RP, there's like... Two major RP spots for AD... And they're boring.

Edit: Other MMOs had larger areas with less visited locations, in ESO you really gotta find that outta the way locale for RP so you don't get rolled, it's usually in the later zones, the Trade Post in Malabal Tor was great, College of Aldmeri Propriety in Auridon, the Tower across the bridge from it is nice, Hadran's Caravan in Reaper's March, Sren'Ja in Reaper's March, all. Of Shadowfen, Deshann, and some of Stonefalls. Rivenspire is epic for RP, just because it's an epic zone in general, Glenumbra can be nice and the Al'ikr Desert is fan-tabulous.

Of course this would require everyone you're RPing with to be V1+ But hey... gives them incentive to level :tongue:
    Edited by Panda244 on April 1, 2015 7:25PM
    Aldmeri Dominion For Life!
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

Officially Resigned From Cyrodiil As Of 4/15/15 10:24 PM EST.
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BigM wrote: »
    This is the #1 reason why megaservers just can't work for RP. They should have added one just for that and I bet it could of brought more people to the game (well after the bots and big bugs were fixed) which means more money. Hope you find a way to fix it.

TBH though I think an RP server woudl still have issues.

Scenario 1.
    Two role playing groups interfering with each other... who gets priority ?

Scenario 2.
    One persons trying to get involved with the RP action is misconstrued as griefing rather than playing along.

The option to ignore a charcter completely is the only way to 100% fix this.
    It is instant without waiting for action.
    No GM has to make any action let alone a judgement call.
    Neither party is inconvenienced or affected in the process other than removing the griefer [intentional or not].
    The griefer can even carry on griefing to his/her hearts content...it doesnt matter.
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Panda244 wrote: »
    As much as this sucks @MornaBaine I don't think I've ever played an MMO where every person trolling RPers as dealt with, it's just not going to happen, and in the list of things for a GM to do it's probably one of the last ones. It might not be possible or viable, but when you can, RP in vet zones, and the troll problem will be solved for a while. Besides, if you're AD, EP and DC have much better locations to RP, there's like... Two major RP spots for AD... And they're boring.

Ah my beloved Panda, you have missed what I'm actually asking for. I don't really want greater GM involvement. I understand it's not feasible nor effective. That has indeed been proven in all MMOs ever. I simply want them to implement the tools that will enable players to take care of these situations themselves. /ignore causing you to no longer even SEE the offending player and/or private instancing of many places throughout the game world will achieve this and GMs will no longer have to waste their time playing babysitter to an unruly pack of brats...a tribe that is growing every day now.

• QuadroTony
    QuadroTony
    ✭✭✭✭✭

BECAUSE HE PRing

we told him to STOP

they must suffer

BECAUSE HE PRing

we told him to STOP

they must suffer

'People' have been pulling this crap and using RP as an excuse since early acces; usually to protect their bite selling. It took me weeks to get a bite back in April because of it. Those were not RPers, they were jerks griefing others for gold.

no sence to do it now when 1 bite costs 1k gold
    Edited by QuadroTony on April 1, 2015 7:29PM
  • RSram
    RSram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with the OP. My guild was having a 1 year anniversary party and there were other players crashing the party and messing up the events.

After this I posted a feedback request to allow guild masters to create separate instances in the PVE areas just for their guild members by using the group players interface. If the players belonging to the guild want to join that instance they just accept the request from the guild master.

I haven't received a response yet from the development team.
  • amasuriel
    amasuriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ashigaru wrote: »
    ZOS_AlanG wrote: »
    There have been a few debates recently about how problematic something needs to be before it’s reported. But the answer is simple, if you find something offensive or harassing, report it.

It’s true that some of the reports we get in-game (and on the forums) are determined to not break the rules, and are closed without action. However, these determinations are quick to make, and we’d rather have a few unnecessary reports than find out people aren’t reporting content that should be – particularly in-game.

There are two ways to report bad behavior in-game. For chat, right click on the offensive content in the chat window and choose the report option. If someone isn’t in chat, look at them and open the “interact” wheel – one of the options is “report player.”

On the forums, there’s a report button on the bottom right of every post that shows up when you hover your cursor there.

The bold part troubles me, if a player reports something do you not think at that point in time it is problematic enough for you the company to take a look at it. From what i am reading from your statement is that instead of following up on reports or such, you moderate the reports and pick and choose which ones to follow up on instead of following up on everything. That actually answers a lot of questions for me from previous reports that i never heard anything about, it was as if they had just poofed.......

You misunderstood. Alan wasn't referring to debates within the moderation team but about the debates that have been coming up on this forum between players (i.e. this thread). The moderators are not picking and choosing which tickets get followed up on, but as stated, they may not always find someone in violation of the rules.
    Policing in-game chat is fine, but policing in-game dancing? It's just completely impractical and pointless. How do you determine when it's fine to dance around in your underwear and when it becomes trolling? What about using the mystery meat to vomit in front of people? Or running around in a goblin costume? Where do we draw the line?.

Do you really expect anyone to believe that you cannot ... truly cannot ... tell the difference between "acting weird" and deliberately attempting to sabotage someone else's enjoyment of the game?

Its not "what was done". it's context. Disrespect. Pattern. Does that really truly not make sense to you?

Well, again, I have to respectfully disagree.

Sometimes I ride naked on my guar through Argonian temples. At what point do we believe that behavior constitutes trolling? More importantly, how will a GM looking through game logs be able to make any kind of objective determination about that?

That's also a problem.

For every person who is disciplined for actually intending to offend someone it is likely two people will be disciplined for having some light-hearted fun or some misinterpreted gesture taken the wrong way.

I don't think its all that grey an area, it's pretty clear when your actions are intended to impact other people, even if you consider it "lighthearted".

If you want to ride naked on your guar, no one cares. If you want to ride naked on your guar repeatedly through a group of people doing something else (grinding, RPing, questing, doesn't matter) for the purpose of disrupting their activity then its a problem.

The OP isn't complaining because a guy wearing no pants walked through the RP event, the complaint is about someone spending long periods of time actively disrupting other people. Again the clothes, the emotes, and the activity being disrupted are irrelevant to the point.

• Tripwyr
    Tripwyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ashigaru wrote: »
    There have been a few debates recently about how problematic something needs to be before it’s reported. But the answer is simple, if you find something offensive or harassing, report it.

It’s true that some of the reports we get in-game (and on the forums) are determined to not break the rules, and are closed without action. However, these determinations are quick to make, and we’d rather have a few unnecessary reports than find out people aren’t reporting content that should be – particularly in-game.

There are two ways to report bad behavior in-game. For chat, right click on the offensive content in the chat window and choose the report option. If someone isn’t in chat, look at them and open the “interact” wheel – one of the options is “report player.”

On the forums, there’s a report button on the bottom right of every post that shows up when you hover your cursor there.
    The bold part troubles me, if a player reports something do you not think at that point in time it is problematic enough for you the company to take a look at it. From what i am reading from your statement is that instead of following up on reports or such, you moderate the reports and pick and choose which ones to follow up on instead of following up on everything. That actually answers a lot of questions for me from previous reports that i never heard anything about, it was as if they had just poofed.......
    @nerevarine1138 is correct, there have been debates among players here on the forums. :)

We take reports, both on the forums and in-game, very seriously. This is one reason why we'd rather people use the report options when they are offended, and risk having some that don't need to be actioned.

I used the report system recently, and it is also the last time I will use it. We had a player following us around, harassing us in chat, telling everybody in zone chat we were cheaters, and whispering members of the opposing faction our location. When the opposing faction showed up to kill us, he spammed Purge (this was when purge was bugged and caused you to take double damage from wall of elements).

I reported that user, and the next day I received an email suggesting that I place him on ignore. As if somehow this would stop him from trash talking our guild in zone chat, or whispering members of the opposing alliance.

I gave up on ZOS support that day. Consider actually reading our reports next time.
    Alacrity Founder | Forum Emperor
    World First Veteran Dragonstar Arena

Tripwyr Manawrath - AD NA Sorcerer, Former Emperor of Haderus; Former Emperor of Hopesfire, First Cycle
    Tripwyr Flamewrath - AD NA Dragon Knight, Former Emperor of Thornblade, First Cycle
    Imperial Tripwyr - AD NA Templar, Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade
    Ripwyr - DC NA Templar
    Nyrv - EP NA Sorcerer

I am of the firm opinion that subtracting "raging stupidity" from anyone's voice can only cause them to sound more like myself.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

BECAUSE HE PRing

we told him to STOP

they must suffer

BECAUSE HE PRing

we told him to STOP

they must suffer

Or free. When I have a bite available I give it to people for free (usually guildies, but sometimes I'll happen to see someone asking for a bite in zone chat and just give it to them).
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • WraithAzraiel
    WraithAzraiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is why we need a /duel option.

He wants to troll you with asshattery, blow up his chatbox with "<insert name here> has invited you to a duel!"

Until he/she nuts up or shuts up and wanders their goofy ass the hell away.
    Shendell De'Gull - V14 Vampire Nightblade

Captain of the Black Howling

"There's no such thing as overkill..."

"No problem on the face of the Earth exists what can't be fixed with the proper application of enough duct tape and 550 cord."

P2PBetaTesters
    #Tamriel_BETA_Team
    #BETA_TESTER4LYF
    DominionMasterRace
    #GOAHEADTHEYGOTCANDY
    #SEEMSLEGIT
  • IrishGirlGamer
    IrishGirlGamer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

He wants to troll you with asshattery, blow up his chatbox with "<insert name here> has invited you to a duel!"

This is the strongest argument I've seen in support of a /duel option.
    Valar Morghulis.

Someday I'm going to put a sword through your eye and out the back of your skull. Arya Stark

You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well. Sansa Stark

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. Desmond Tutu
  • phreatophile
    phreatophile
    ✭✭✭✭✭

True. Bad behavior then and now. And I still see people try to sell bites for much larger amounts.
    Or free. When I have a bite available I give it to people for free (usually guildies, but sometimes I'll happen to see someone asking for a bite in zone chat and just give it to them).

As do I. Though I sometimes take it a little further, if I have a bite up I offer it to anybody I see getting scammed for gold, I'll never sell it, ever.

Back on track,

This would work, bullies are usually only fluent in their own language: force
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is the strongest argument I've seen in support of a /duel option.

The problem is that unless there is a way to ignore incoming duel challenges that, too, will be used to grief people. As much as I LOVE the idea in theory, in practice it doesn't pan out. :(

• djnapstyb14_ESO
    djnapstyb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I vote to make city guards and trolls killable
    EP FOR LIFE
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or add a "mark as troll" option to the interact with player menus. When enough different people have selected "mark as troll" for one person, then city guards attack him as if he had a kill on sight bounty.

Probably a terrible idea for a lot of reasons, but we can wish, right?
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    Or add a "mark as troll" option to the interact with player menus. When enough different people have selected "mark as troll" for one person, then city guards attack him as if he had a kill on sight bounty.

Probably a terrible idea for a lot of reasons, but we can wish, right?

I will just start that 500 person trolling guild....so I can hit squad people for gold :D
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nightscar wrote: »
    Audigy wrote: »
    Our world is a mirror of ourselves. It has become very difficult to tolerate others, also because everyone seems to think that he or she is right and everyone else wrong. This is especially a problem in the internet as humans hide behind their anonymity and can drop everything they want without feeling any consequences.
    I think its quite sad, but if we check the newspapers at the morning then there isn't a day when someone decides what is right and wrong and sends his troops & threats or tries to discredit another person, nation, state or religion.

What Morna does might seem weird for some, but its her right to moan the death of another character or make all those vampire threads ;)

The underwear Mafia however, exists since release and this has nothing to do with the current F2P mechanism. Its our society who is to blame, no matter how many social Organisation, GM´s we have, we can not change humanity :(

Don't let it go to your heart Morna, I stopped caring about these people a long time ago.

+1 to you sir
    I am not an RP'er but i do agree with you.. Society as a whole has gotten worse kids get away with murder now adays with no consequences, in turn they have little to no respect for anyone or anything.
    The new generation or "self entitled" generation as I like to call them will just get worse until a boiling point is reach.
    I think and hope a lot of them will move over to cosoles and leave the older crowd to PC's.

This. The whole entitlement generation label isn't just a soundbite, but heaven forfend anyone mentions it because it could hurt someone's feelings..... /rollseyes. And now those same people are growing to adulthood and teaching that attitude to their kids. As far as gaming goes, at least they tend to get bored if you don't entertain them and pose little real problem.
    Iluvrien wrote: »
    istateres wrote: »
    Sinbaar wrote: »
    I dont get why people are doing things like this. I mean, i dont like roleplaying either but it would never come to my mind to disturb and ruin their event. I even apologize everytime when i run accidentaly in a rp event, standing like a cow in the middle of the group with a furious mudcrab attacking me.

I can totally understand,that more gms are needed. Because i really dont get why people play this game when they are just there to disturb other players

That's because you don't understand evil. Certain people enjoy griefing others, both in and out of game. This kind of behavior in game should have consequences, but only the most obvious cases.
    [...]

And the masked swearwords in /say? The spamming of weapon blocks while wearing a wedding dress after moving so they are clipping through your character? The dragging groups of mobs from a significant distance to engage your group?

...yep, all of those sound like innocent curiosity to me. *sigh*

[Moderator Note: Removed moderated quote]

Easy enough to deal with... just ignore list the person if you care enough (dump some of the older ones if you need room), and don't entertain the silly person by acknowledging he's annoying you or even responding with anything but perhaps a sarcastic dismissal that doesn't mention what he's doing. If he drags mobs to you, let them be and he'll have to kill them himself anyway. The open world mobs in eso by and large die within just a few hits of your aoe, so if your concern's extra agro from more mobs it doesn't really affect much in the first place :D.
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Removing ignored players from view is most likely an easy thing to do, and it can be done entirely on the client side. Hiding a reasonably small number of players would not have any big impact on your gameplay. Shared loot (chests, harvesting nodes and such) might disappear before your eyes because an ignored player took it, and in public dungeons and open world battles you might receive unexpected and invisible "help" here and there. In some cases an ignored player might possibly be able to pull mobs on top of you, but I could live with those small annoyances.

It could require two levels of ignore, though: one to just silence incessant chat spammers or people who chat only in a language you don't understand, and another to remove them altogether from your personal view of Tamriel.
  • F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AlienSlof wrote: »
    Why people can't live and let live, is beyond my understanding.
    While I understand that all RPers get annoyed by interrupting, you could also have some good manners and use group chat to keep your "talk" private. Please imagine that other players don't want to see your [snip] as much as you don't want to be interrupted. And this could solve the issue. It's that easy.

And no, no one will know whether you're RPing or not, when you won't be talking publicly (with /say, /emote etc.) as there are many characters standing here and there being just AFK-people. Being myself one quite often, never experienced nor heard of anyone being interrupted or "harassed".

Peace n' love!

<3

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Cursing & Profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_ArtG on April 2, 2015 1:03PM
  • pecheckler
    pecheckler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a failing of the mega-server. Other games have RP servers with special rules for a reason. Players can have their characters dance in their underwear wherever they choose. As for mocking as you describe, describing a player's actions as ridiculous or referring to a player as stupid is perfectly acceptable. You should be blaming the developers for not providing a long-established MMO-norm, RP segregation and RP rule-sets.
    Edited by pecheckler on April 1, 2015 9:55PM
    End the tedious inventory management game.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    F7sus4 wrote: »
    AlienSlof wrote: »
    Why people can't live and let live, is beyond my understanding.
    While I understand that all RPers get annoyed by interrupting, you could also have some good manners and use group chat to keep your "talk" private. Please imagine that other players don't want to see your [snip] as much as you don't want to be interrupted. And this could solve the issue. It's that easy.

And no, no one will know whether you're RPing or not, when you won't be talking publicly (with /say, /emote etc.) as there are many characters standing here and there being just AFK-people. Being myself one quite often, never experienced nor heard of anyone being interrupted or "harassed".

Peace n' love!

<3

[Moderator Note: Edited quote to match moderated version]
    Did you perhaps miss the part where OP said that all of the RP communication was done in /group? Doesn't seem to have helped, does it?

And honestly, unless it's some weird offensive RP, why would anyone care if there are some people in the area RPing using /say? Why would it be annoying? I know I've walked through areas where this was happening many times, and it never bothered me. Heck, maybe some RPers do this intentionally so that any random people who walk by may decide to join in if they are also RPers.

To OP: sadly, there will always be childish people who can only have fun by disrupting other people's fun. It's unfortunate that you RPers have to deal with this, and hopefully some of the measures suggested in this thread can be taken to minimize such disruption.
    Edited by ZOS_ArtG on April 2, 2015 1:04PM
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • Psychobunni
    Psychobunni
    ✭✭✭✭✭

BECAUSE HE PRing

we told him to STOP

they must suffer

I ran into something akin while leveling my tank thru the Rift it happened to be WW spawn time and some jerks were killing off all the werewolves and yelling "vampire pride".

Some nights are just like that, no reason to blame a whole community.
    If options weren't necessary, and everyone played the same way, no one would use addons. Fix the UI!