The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Your Champion Rank

• o_0
    o_0
    ✭✭✭✭
    Takhistis wrote: »
    0, still leveling, hoping to get VR1 asap so I can start building some points and also be able to lvl my main char by playing an alt :)

P.s. are champion points spent per char or account-wide?
    And can I spend these on lvl 1 alts or only once my alts also hit VR1?

Earned account wide, and you spend them how you like for each character, no matter what level they are.
    Options
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Swarog wrote: »
    Does it means Champions Points reset for all players or just for Nivzruo_ESO?

It means the highest CP anyone has earned on the live megaservers as of today is approximately 151.

So someone exploited to 11.5 cp a day and that's ok?
    Options
  • o_0
    o_0
    ✭✭✭✭

It means the highest CP anyone has earned on the live megaservers as of today is approximately 151.

Pretty much. But i expected as much from any system where they is opportunity for the elite few to fly past the majority, exploit or otherwise.
    Options
  • EQBallzz
    EQBallzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EQBallzz wrote: »
    tajniack wrote: »
    The first three days I tried to get CP on my VR14 without success.
    Then I played few hours on my VR1 and got 4 CP

Yep. I have tried on both of my high VR14s without much success. I have 71 (started with 70). Most of that 1.5 CP comes from the handful of gold quests I had left on my second vet character but now that is gone. I have tried getting CP on both of my high vet characters and it's so slow it's not even worth the trouble if you are solo. This system in it's current form sucks ass.

Quoting myself for reference. Last night I decided to try soloing in the V10 zone instead of Craglorn since Crag was nerfed so bad. It's definitely better XP per kill but still not great and some peculiar things discovered. Since I solo'd the public dungeon in that zone already I figured that would be a good place to start but determined I was only getting 244xp per kill. I solo'd one of the bosses in there and it gave me 400xp. 400xp for a mob with 250k health. Went outside and tried killing mobs in Reaper's March and discovered that each mob outside gave either 1250xp or 1850xp and they are far easier to kill. Sorry, I don't get this logic at all. Is it because they are more spread out?

In any event I was able to grind on random mobs in RM and get close to my second CP but still didn't achieve that. I also did all 6 daily writs for 2k xp each. I started at about 130k and ended at about 350k into my CP. At this rate it will take about 10 years to earn 1000 CP. Not too cool.
    Options
  • Maidenname
    Maidenname
    ✭✭✭
    daemonios wrote: »
    OMG my head just exploded after reading that ppl will subject themselves to 18h of killing the same mobs over and over and over again. I'd say if they like it, be my guests. But with a competitive side to the game (especially PvP) it's not inconsequential to allow mindless grinding. I hope at least the diminishing returns from the Champion System will prevent too large a disparity between players.

Lmao! Agree... But oh well....isn't this what video games all about these days. Forget ourselves, immersing in make believe world and just kill everything around us. PVP is much worse and more competitive. Being killed by another player, I doubt one really throw his head back and laugh it off...no....u respawned if not getting Rez and you wanna ride back there to kill that sob who killed ya....yes, it's mindless.... Either PVE or PVP.... 18 hours is a lot to grind each day. With no maid or parents around, I bet your bedroom or house is.... I won't describe the condition further....

He who knows others is intelligent; he who understands himself is enlightened;
    He who is able to conquer others has force, but he who is able to control himself is mighty.

*** Beta player
    Options
  • Dyride
    Dyride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    76. Grinded 1.5 million XP without enlightenment then said ****. Got about 1.5 points with Enlightenment then they did the hotfix.

Since Monday's patch, I've finished the next point but really unmotivated to keep playing at this point. Especially with the condition PVP is in.
    V Є H Є M Є И C Є
      Ḍ̼̭͔yride

Revenge of the Bear

ØMNI
      Solongandthanksforallthef
      Revenge of the Hist
      Revenge of the Deer

Remember the Great Burn of of the Blackwater War!

#FreeArgonia
      Options
    1. McDoogs
      McDoogs
      ✭✭✭✭

You don't have to exploit to get 11.5 CP a day. I'm at 95 CP now.
      Edited by McDoogs on March 11, 2015 2:28PM
      Options
    2. Atreyu
      Atreyu
      ✭✭✭
      76. Grinded 1.5 million XP without enlightenment then said ****. Got about 1.5 points with Enlightenment then they did the hotfix.

Since Monday's patch, I've finished the next point but really unmotivated to keep playing at this point. Especially with the condition PVP is in.

play to play the game, not the CP rush.

Grinding it's not really worth it, I am saying it from a r92 point of view who grinded 4 cp yesterday, It's really not worth it.
      Edited by Atreyu on March 11, 2015 2:29PM
      Atreyu - VR14 - DK
      Options
    3. Rust_in_Peace
      Rust_in_Peace
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      89. It should have been 90 but an entire night of PVP got rolled back and I lost a Champion Point because "the server made adjustments" (actual quote from support) because apparently enlightenment was bugged. That doesn't account for the dozen or so PVP quests I did which I now have no reward for.
      Options
    4. kelly.medleyb14_ESO
      kelly.medleyb14_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Roll it all back till you get it under control, 150+ is way to much, grinding is exploitable.
      Options
    5. McDoogs
      McDoogs
      ✭✭✭✭
      Roll it all back till you get it under control, 150+ is way to much, grinding is exploitable.

What does that even mean?

Are you saying that killing mobs is an exploit?
      Options
    6. Keron
      Keron
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      McDoogs wrote: »
      This seems to be the general consensus. I would like to stress that it does not reflect my personal opinion, nonetheless, many people feel that killing more monsters than strictly required during questing and gaining CP from that should be fixed because exploit.
      Options
    7. McDoogs
      McDoogs
      ✭✭✭✭
      Keron wrote: »
      This seems to be the general consensus. I would like to stress that it does not reflect my personal opinion, nonetheless, many people feel that killing more monsters than strictly required during questing and gaining CP from that should be fixed because exploit.

That is ludicrous. Killing mobs for xp and money has been a stable of virtually every MMO, ever. I'm pretty sure that professional MMO developers like ZOS realized that people will kill mobs when they made it so mobs gave experience points...

Entitled millenials these days will cry about anything. People need to realize that the type of person who will grind mobs for 10 hours a day is the type of person who will ALWAYS be ahead of the curve in any game with a progression system.
      Edited by McDoogs on March 11, 2015 3:17PM
      Options
    8. Khaldar
      Khaldar
      ✭✭✭
      As a grinder, I've went from 79 to 81 in the last two days because I'm not really interested anymore. I just log in to use my enlightenment and level my Justice skills. Then I might log in to play a low level alt.
      Options
    9. Faugaun
      Faugaun
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      pronkg wrote: »
      technohic wrote: »
      Xantaria wrote: »
      lol ... 151 is not exploited. I'm getting close to that value also ... it's just 18hours a day farming mobs .... what is getting you so angry? and who said vr14 equals 1 year of progress? :') ***. Everyone who needs more than 7 days for vr14 isn't even trying.

I've heard this before but I would like to know how.

Eh; or maybe not. Sometimes you don't like the answer.

400 xp per mob without enlightment
      10 mobs per minute 4000xp
      10 minutes 40.000 xp
      1 hour 240.000xp
      10 hours 2.400.000 xp
      18 hours 4.320.000 xp

Meaning 3 days almost vet 14

Ofcourse this is all "aproximatly"

Oh yeh also means 10CP a day withou exploiting :O

Sooooo 10 per day 3600 points....yeah I don't see them holding out that long to make it in under a year....but you add enlightened at a rate of 1 per day then they only need to do this 330 of the next 365 days....I bet they find a new game first....that said this is the same returns I'm getting grinding.....I'm only at 85
      Options
    10. phreatophile
      phreatophile
      ✭✭✭✭✭

What does that even mean?

This is exactly what they are saying. They'll never actually put it in those terms since it exposes just how preposterous the argument is.

ZOS needs to get some kind of logical system for XP rewards. Grinding doesn't need to be nerfed, other activities need to be buffed because the XP gains are so low that they aren't worth bothering with. I log on with a VR14 character parked in a nice grind spot in a VR10 area becuase mobs at my own level in Craglorn don't offer as much XP, grind out my enlightenment in about 25 minutes, then move over to what I want to do. I don't even need to repair my broken gear because I can sleepwalk through VR10 Mobs. This isn't me exploiting, this is me reacting to a completely illogical system in the best way I can.

Grinding: nice XP gain vs time spent, lots of vendorable gear so it has a decent gold reward as well
      Questing: Slower than grinding, decent XP but quests are a limited comodity and ZOS isn't making new ones
      PVP: not really my thing but I'd do it if it offered anything worth having...It doesn't
      PVP quests: Lots of running around in a warzone for what I can get in seconds killing a few mammoths
      Dungeons/Trials: fun, but not enough XP for the effort, gear is a joke
      Crafting Writs: whatever
      Craglorn: XP for VR13 mobs is lower than VR10, so not worth the effort
      Everything else: doesn't offer anything tangible

Based on my 8 categories, 2 of 8 are giving worthy rewards. How many of us almost tossed something at the screen or wished we could murder Cadwell at the end of silver and gold? 5K XP and vendor trash, LOL No Logic to it at all.

If ZOS were to fix XP rewards across the board fewer of us would grind. As they've left things you are foolish not to grind.
      Options
    11. rfennell_ESO
      rfennell_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭

really? how exactly does one grind 11.5 cp a day then?

Oh it's a secret... yah that's a BIG surprise. But to do it you need to grind 4,000,000 xp currently. I guess if you hide behind math and claim that's only 180k xp an hour which is possible, it just makes you hiding behind math.

Now pulling that for entire week, wow must have been a lot of coffee! or maybe just calling it an exploit is a more likely explanation.

Options
    12. phreatophile
      phreatophile
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Keep in mind that for the first 3 or 4 days we got 4CP worth of enlightenment. So 3.4 million XP to get 11.5 CP

Other than that it's time spent. If you could pull in 5.5K XP per minute for 10 hrs, you were there.

I've seen people claim they spend 16 hours a day online. They must need to be surgicly removed from the chair.

There are a lot of people that play many more hours per day than others.

I get 3hrs per day and I'm at 86 or 87, I forget.

Bottom line, in the virtual world as in real life you get equal oportunity not equal results.
      You have a life outside of ESO, you will never keep up with someone who spends half of every day online, nor should you, nor should you really want to.

How about pushing for more activities to give good rewards instead of demanding the rest of us join you (by you I mean anybody banging their head on the floor and turning purple for XP nerfs) in your low XP misery.
      Options
    13. wraith808
      wraith808
      ✭✭✭✭
      Keron wrote: »

I hate grinding, and am not looking at the CP mill as something you finish- just something that happens along the way. I could have used grinding to get that last 1mil xp in the last week before this hit (and extra 10 CP), but that didn't appeal to me.

But even with that attitude, I can't see how anyone can view grinding as an exploit.

What they need to do is set a rate of CPs they want to reward, use the data that they have to see how many CPs the grinders are getting, and see how many CPs people are getting from PvP and questing. Then reward those activities they want to incentivize, and demotivate those activities that they want to disincentivize.

They're trying to do that, but it seems haphazard.

Make a few of the dailies give more XP. Make the Dolmens give more XP on the first time daily taking them down. Make the quests in the dungeons give more XP daily. Make the bounty quests, i.e. killing players of a certain type, worth more once daily. Make the fighter's guild bounty quests worth more once daily.

There are a lot of things that you can do to adjust the CP rate gain without requiring additional content, and many of them are engaging.
      Edited by wraith808 on March 11, 2015 5:25PM
      Quasim ibn-Muhammad - VR 12 Redguard Dragon Knight
      Taladriel Vanima - VR 5 Altmer Nightblade
      Ambalyo iyo Bogaadin - VR 1 Redguard Sorceror
      Options
    14. phreatophile
      phreatophile
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh it's a secret... yah that's a BIG surprise.

Of course it's a secret, not a very well kept one though. Go to VR10 zone find a good concentration of mobs, pull as many to one spot as you can and kill them, repeat for as long as you wish.

Between ZOS's history of nerfing anything effective and other players crashing the party with big groups (dumb, more than 2 kills the rewards) or leaching and screwing up the pulls why give up any specifics?
      Options
    15. McDoogs
      McDoogs
      ✭✭✭✭

Oh it's a secret... yah that's a BIG surprise. But to do it you need to grind 4,000,000 xp currently. I guess if you hide behind math and claim that's only 180k xp an hour which is possible, it just makes you hiding behind math.

Now pulling that for entire week, wow must have been a lot of coffee! or maybe just calling it an exploit is a more likely explanation.

On my vr5, one that was leveled to VR1 specifically to grind champion points with, I get a shade over 600k an hour grinding open world VR3 mobs under good conditions (i.e. not too many other people ruining my rotation, allowing me to kill without pause). Taken yesterday morning doing it:

6PHW6l5.jpg

11.5 CP is only 7 hours, 40 minutes of grinding without enlightenment at 600k/hr. I am not claiming to be even near to the most time-efficient mob grinder. I'll bet there are guys in this game who can put my xp/hour number to shame. And I know for a fact that there are people who will put this kind of time into any given game, but it's no exploit.

Just open world mob spawns, ones that are already starting to get so packed full of idiots that can't figure out the pulls, you'll forgive me if I don't advertise the exact non-secret spots.
      Edited by McDoogs on March 11, 2015 6:05PM
      Options
    16. TheLaw
      TheLaw
      ✭✭✭✭
      5 million and counting.
      -= Shahrzad the Great |Sorc| =-
      Options
    17. Phinix1
      Phinix1
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Quoting myself for reference. Last night I decided to try soloing in the V10 zone instead of Craglorn since Crag was nerfed so bad. It's definitely better XP per kill but still not great and some peculiar things discovered. Since I solo'd the public dungeon in that zone already I figured that would be a good place to start but determined I was only getting 244xp per kill. I solo'd one of the bosses in there and it gave me 400xp. 400xp for a mob with 250k health. Went outside and tried killing mobs in Reaper's March and discovered that each mob outside gave either 1250xp or 1850xp and they are far easier to kill. Sorry, I don't get this logic at all. Is it because they are more spread out?

This is a problem in every zone. For zome reason ZOS nerfed the XP from public dungeons to laughable proportions. They are now only worth doing once for the quest XP, achievements, and skyshard.

It really blows my mind that a regular skeever gives more XP than a group of 6 dungeon skeletons.
      Options
    18. Chesimac
      Chesimac
      ✭✭✭✭
      You have a life outside of ESO, you will never keep up with someone who spends half of every day online, nor should you, nor should you really want to.

No, there should be a skill component somewhere after a while, kinda how vrs were way ahead of non vrs for a couple months. JUST NOT YEARS like the CS looks like it is going to be, I know there is diminishing returns or wtvr but something needs to be done
      Options
    19. wraith808
      wraith808
      ✭✭✭✭

This is a problem in every zone. For zome reason ZOS nerfed the XP from public dungeons to laughable proportions. They are now only worth doing once for the quest XP, achievements, and skyshard.

It really blows my mind that a regular skeever gives more XP than a group of 6 dungeon skeletons.

They nerfed it because of bots farming the public instance. People couldn't even do them because of the xp and other rewards attracting bots.
      Quasim ibn-Muhammad - VR 12 Redguard Dragon Knight
      Taladriel Vanima - VR 5 Altmer Nightblade
      Ambalyo iyo Bogaadin - VR 1 Redguard Sorceror
      Options
    20. Khaldar
      Khaldar
      ✭✭✭
      They are waiting for everyone to sink hours of time and effort into the CP system before they completely overhaul it again to make everyone start over.
      Edited by Khaldar on March 11, 2015 7:12PM
      Options
    21. phreatophile
      phreatophile
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Chesimac wrote: »

No, there should be a skill component somewhere after a while, kinda how vrs were way ahead of non vrs for a couple months. JUST NOT YEARS like the CS looks like it is going to be, I know there is diminishing returns or wtvr but something needs to be done

I don't disagree, but apparently ZOS does, skilled activity isn't rewarding in this game.

PVP, Trials, Dungeons, even high level mobs... all give crap XP
      Options
    22. Muizer
      Muizer
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I think they could be smart about preventing the pure grind. It must be possible to keep track of what you're doing and just not award xp/cp for doing the same thing over and over and over again.
      Please stop making requests for game features. ZOS have enough bad ideas as it is!
      Options
    23. DrOrpheus
      DrOrpheus
      ✭✭
      I started at like 56, got up to 71 in a few days earning ~4 CP a day on enlightenment, then they hot fixed it and i can only get 1 CP a day now on enlightenment, and the toons i haven't been earning exp on and just log in to get hireling mails never acquire enlightenment, or haven't been since the hot fix. I thought it was based off the last time you earned exp, but i guess its when you log in based off my alts who aren't storing enlightenment.
      Options
    24. squidgod2000b14_ESO
      synnerman wrote: »

So earning an average of over 10 per day over the last 8 days hasn't exploited anything??? I haven't earned 10 total yet. Great that you nerfed everything tho so these people will have a constant advantage .

That's not an unreasonable number for a no-lifer.
      Edited by squidgod2000b14_ESO on March 11, 2015 7:36PM
      Options