The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Your Champion Rank

• Swarog
    Swarog
    ✭✭✭
    My solution for now:
    - Fix Enlightenment.
    - Set Champions Rank to max (151 - rely on current statistics) for all players.

All get more than now and all in equal state.
    $ Welcome to the new trade guild The Wolves. Our trader located in Wayrest. Join us! Send me mail or /tell to @swarog.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Swarog wrote: »
    My solution for now:
    - Fix Enlightenment.
    - Set Champions Rank to max (151 - rely on current statistics) for all players.

All get more than now and all in equal state.

Why? I'm ok with things as they are.

And I now have 75 points.
    The Moot Councillor
  • Seraphyel
    Seraphyel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does it means Champions Points reset for all players or just for Nivzruo_ESO?

It means the highest CP anyone has earned on the live megaservers as of today is approximately 151.

151 is still an insane amount of CP.
    TehMagnus wrote: »

It means the highest CP anyone has earned on the live megaservers as of today is approximately 151.

And many of us succumbed to unfounded rumors :expressionless: then again, I really wonder how it's possible I saw a guy earning 10K exp per mob kill on youtube, maybe he was trolling with a modified addon...

She said approximately. Many could have 500 whilst others only have 10 or 20. There you got your approximately.
    Edited by Seraphyel on March 10, 2015 5:43PM
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 76.0 to the second power squared.
  • wraith808
    wraith808
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seraphyel wrote: »

And many of us succumbed to unfounded rumors :expressionless: then again, I really wonder how it's possible I saw a guy earning 10K exp per mob kill on youtube, maybe he was trolling with a modified addon...

She said approximately. Many could have 500 whilst others only have 10 or 20. There you got your approximately.

She said approximately because she's not in front of the db query right at this moment. And if she said 151, then someone would have come into the thread saying I have 152 and all hell would break loose.
    Quasim ibn-Muhammad - VR 12 Redguard Dragon Knight
    Taladriel Vanima - VR 5 Altmer Nightblade
    Ambalyo iyo Bogaadin - VR 1 Redguard Sorceror
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    wraith808 wrote: »
    She said approximately because she's not in front of the db query right at this moment. And if she said 151, then someone would have come into the thread saying I have 152 and all hell would break loose.

Exactly. :)

Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • n.englishb14_ESO
    n.englishb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    2000/40 * 7 / 10 * 5 / 25 is 2 more than I have now.....
    Edited by n.englishb14_ESO on March 10, 2015 5:53PM
  • c0rp
    c0rp
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Which means he took advantage of exploits. These people are just going to be allowed to keep these points?

Force weapon swap to have priority over EVERYTHING. Close enough.
    Make stamina builds even with magicka builds.
    Disable abilities while holding block.
    Give us a REASON to do dungeons more than once.
    Remove PVP AoE CAP. It is ruining Cyrodiil.
    Fix/Remove Forward Camps. They are ruining Cyrodiil.
    Impenetrability needs to REDUCE CRIT DAMAGE. Not negate entire builds.
    Werewolf is not equal to Vamps/Bats.
  • prototypefb
    prototypefb
    ✭✭✭✭
    x4 exp was really good, i don't see why it has been nerfed to x1 now?
    fix enlightenment and return to x4 enlightenment exp it was awesome!
    also collecting 6-7 days should be a good idea because of working people(like me and many other paying customers) who would still like to catch up on weekends.
    exploiters should be dealt with tho, person who has rank 151 must be starving+sleep deprived+sitting on the toilet seat with laptop and drinking water from nearby tap or account sharer.
    there should be limits for CP gain to avoid such exploits( daily diminishing returns or hard limit e.g. 12 hr).
  • Caroloces
    Caroloces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • pronkg
    pronkg
    ✭✭✭✭
    synnerman wrote: »

So earning an average of over 10 per day over the last 8 days hasn't exploited anything??? I haven't earned 10 total yet. Great that you nerfed everything tho so these people will have a constant advantage .

Yeh what a huge huge HUGE advantage. Really its unbearable i might unsub it hurts so much Ouch Ouch Ouch my heart help me plz call a doctor NOOOOOOOOOO
  • Lied
    Lied
    ✭✭✭

151 CPs is over double the amount you granted to VR14s.... 1 week to double the progress that a 1 year represented seems like a pretty significant one-time head-start advantage.
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Definitely takes something more than most people have to admit when you were wrong so props.

As for those worried that 151 is still a lot, sure its a high number, but that really isn't gamebreaking right now. Sure champ points are powerful, but given the distribution of players and points difference... its insignificant. I imagine the players in the 120-150 range is probably a very small portion of the population (I won't pretend to throw a number out there).
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    c0rp wrote: »

Which means he took advantage of exploits. These people are just going to be allowed to keep these points?

No, he didn't take advantage of exploits, he took advantage of 4 points of CP per day enlightenment and grinding exp (which isn't an exploit).
  • Aerius_Sygale
    Aerius_Sygale
    ✭✭✭✭
    So you guys really, seriously made the Enlightment go from lasting for enough to gain 4 Champion Points (the XP to achieve one Champion Point without Enlightenment) to 1 Champion Point, period?

You're just making it harder for anyone to have a prayer of coming even close to catching up to the exploiters, you're -rewarding- them! Why!? >_< Please reconsider this, @ZOS ...
    PS4/PS5, NA | PSN: AeriusSygale | Alliance War Rank 50 (Grand Overlord Grade 2) | CP: 2560+
  • Seraphyel
    Seraphyel
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My point is still valid.
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My point is still valid.

Your point isn't valid, your point is ludicrous. They posted yesterday no one was above 150, she just clarified today its 151ish because she didn't look. That means MAX not average or distribution as you are stating. Stop it with this garbage, thought we put it to bed yesterday. No one is at 500 CP.
    Edited by Huntler on March 10, 2015 6:02PM
  • prototypefb
    prototypefb
    ✭✭✭✭
    So you guys really, seriously made the Enlightment go from lasting for enough to gain 4 Champion Points (the XP to achieve one Champion Point without Enlightenment) to 1 Champion Point, period?

You're just making it harder for anyone to have a prayer of coming even close to catching up to the exploiters, you're -rewarding- them! Why!? >_< Please reconsider this, @ZOS ...

i think this is just temporary solution until/if they fix issues with enlightenment gains/resets/(hacks?)limitlessness.
    there should be a system in place which would allow new players to have reater enlightenment gains than rest, so they can catch up(new players after march 17, some sort of new player bonus exp +10% CP gains, which would increase in time for future newbies)
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No offense, but you'd never catch up. The change they made helps prevent them from making a bigger distance. If you couldn't keep up then, they need to prevent the ways that let players further push because they would still beat you in terms of grind time.. Your logic is severely flawed.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    x4 exp was really good, i don't see why it has been nerfed to x1 now?
    fix enlightenment and return to x4 enlightenment exp it was awesome!
    also collecting 6-7 days should be a good idea because of working people(like me and many other paying customers) who would still like to catch up on weekends.
    exploiters should be dealt with tho, person who has rank 151 must be starving+sleep deprived+sitting on the toilet seat with laptop and drinking water from nearby tap or account sharer.
    there should be limits for CP gain to avoid such exploits( daily diminishing returns or hard limit e.g. 12 hr).

I actually think 1CP worth of enlightenment a day is a good number (and the three day cap is good too). It allows people who don't have time to play 4-6 hours every day to keep up with the enlightenment and lose out. During the week, I try to work on getting 1CP and then I go do other stuff, and on the weekend, when I have more time, I'll work on getting the others.

If it was 4CP at 6-7, that would be 24-28 CP that one would have to farm on the weekend, which would mean doing nothing but activities that will give you CP, regardless of what other interests you have.

And that would make the game not fun.
    The Moot Councillor
  • Garbrac
    Garbrac
    ✭✭✭

151 isn't that many CPs. It's 4% of the entire system. We need to look at the long term goal as long as ZOS keeps it so people can't grind out mass amounts of CP every day they may just stay 4% ahead of you until the cap at which point you'll be on a fair playing field.

Also out of that 4% increase, they may have earned a total of 2% in dmg gain/reduction. If that 2% really makes it so you can't kill them, then there is something else wrong that you should be more concerned about.
  • pronkg
    pronkg
    ✭✭✭✭

My point is still valid.

No it's not. Aproximatly means close to

500 or 20 is not close to 151

Lookup aproximatly in a dictionary

After look up te word "average"
  • Aerius_Sygale
    Aerius_Sygale
    ✭✭✭✭
    Huntler wrote: »

No offense, but you'd never catch up. The change they made helps prevent them from making a bigger distance. If you couldn't keep up then, they need to prevent the ways that let players further push because they would still beat you in terms of grind time.. Your logic is severely flawed.

Ugh, stick it. Truly? I play the game for around 12 hours a day, I practically live in Tamriel, you can't do more than that, people have to sleep sometime. ._.
    PS4/PS5, NA | PSN: AeriusSygale | Alliance War Rank 50 (Grand Overlord Grade 2) | CP: 2560+
  • TehMagnus
    TehMagnus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    synnerman wrote: »

So earning an average of over 10 per day over the last 8 days hasn't exploited anything??? I haven't earned 10 total yet. Great that you nerfed everything tho so these people will have a constant advantage .

If they hadn't nerfed it, you'd have earned 20 CP and they'd be at 250, how's that for a constant increasing advantage?
  • Seraphyel
    Seraphyel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huntler wrote: »

Even if 151 is the highest CP people have, it's too high. You got "VR14" within one week to double 70 CS?

My point may be invalid and I am sorry for that, but some issues can't be denied.
  • Aidantwab16_ESO
    Aidantwab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    What's with all the boo-hoo? It seems totally possible to me for someone to get 80 CP in this time span. They' are living with a minifridge/microwave full of pizza pockets beside their desk and they are pooping in a bucket, but you know, people like that do exist. Remember, this is the highest CP anyone has gotten, it's not the norm.

It might be more comforting thinking that everyone with the top spot in anything is just an exploiter, but in reality there are just some anomalies that have enough determination to become president but for inexplicable reasons that unfailing willpower gets put into video games.
    Edited by Aidantwab16_ESO on March 10, 2015 6:13PM
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol ... 151 is not exploited. I'm getting close to that value also ... it's just 18hours a day farming mobs .... what is getting you so angry? and who said vr14 equals 1 year of progress? :') ***. Everyone who needs more than 7 days for vr14 isn't even trying.
    Xantaria - Lead of Chimaira
    Hardcore Progress PvE Player - Livestream - Youtube

World First Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    World First Tick-Tock Tormentor

Proud Member of the Council of Exploiters.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xantaria wrote: »
    lol ... 151 is not exploited. I'm getting close to that value also ... it's just 18hours a day farming mobs .... what is getting you so angry? and who said vr14 equals 1 year of progress? :') ***. Everyone who needs more than 7 days for vr14 isn't even trying.

I've heard this before but I would like to know how.

Eh; or maybe not. Sometimes you don't like the answer.
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xantaria wrote: »

No but they have a life :)
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • WraithAzraiel
    WraithAzraiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My Enlightenment isn't working at all on any of my characters.
    Shendell De'Gull - V14 Vampire Nightblade

Captain of the Black Howling

"There's no such thing as overkill..."

"No problem on the face of the Earth exists what can't be fixed with the proper application of enough duct tape and 550 cord."

P2PBetaTesters
    #Tamriel_BETA_Team
    #BETA_TESTER4LYF
    DominionMasterRace
    #GOAHEADTHEYGOTCANDY
    #SEEMSLEGIT