Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.2.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Sorc 1.6 Discussion

• Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Assuming a destro resto magicka pet sorc, what will we be using for the other 6 spells? , daedric curse, entropy, frags / healing springs, ward, combat prayer I was thinking? Any other ideas? Could swap combat prayer for an execute perhaps, and frags for crushing shock or destructive clench...atronach for ultimate or maybe meteor...

No Healing Springs - The age of Ultimate Regeneration is dead. I am still deciding between using both pets or using only the Restoring Twilight. s for other spells, I don't think we can escape Crushing Shock. Crystal Fragments only for the proc; Empowered Ward for extra pet damage and survivability (The shield is actually really strong and useful in Raids); Daedric Prey should be great when you manage to level it all the way; Structured Entropy for extra damage, regeneration and extra Spell Damage at a low Magicka Cost; Inner Light for extra Crit and 5% extra Magicka or/and Bound Aegis (another 5% extra Magicka) - Pets scale only of Magicka, not spell power.

As for Ultimates, Negate, Atronach, Overload - All good for different reasons.

- Negate is compulsory on certain fights.
    - Atronach does absurd DPS and increases your DPS as well, if you are not in charge of a Negate in a fight, you will have this ult slotted.
    - Overload - Pet build demands a lot of bar space. This ultimate is useful because it provides you with a whole new bar and extremely powerful Light Attacks. I've been using this ultimate for execution phases keeping Mages Wrath, Crystal Fragments, Inner Light / Aegis, Lightning Form and Structured Entropy and the results are very good on execution phases. The only downfall is, you need to have this ultimate up when entering the bosses Execution Phase.
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Assuming a destro resto magicka pet sorc, what will we be using for the other 6 spells? , daedric curse, entropy, frags / healing springs, ward, combat prayer I was thinking? Any other ideas? Could swap combat prayer for an execute perhaps, and frags for crushing shock or destructive clench...atronach for ultimate or maybe meteor...

If you have 2 pets I would make my bars like this:
    Destro staff - crushing shock/crystal frags/empowered ward/pet1/pet2 > atronach
    Resto staff - deadric prey/entropy/healing ward/pet1/pet2 > negate or meteor
    Downside is you dont have a lot aoe dmg with this setup, except for ultimate's.

If you have 1 pets I would make my bars like this:
    Destro staff - destructive clench/crushing shock/crystal frags/empowered ward/pet1 > atronach
    Resto staff - deadric prey/entropy/liquid lightning/healing ward/pet1 > negate or meteor
    Downside is when your pet is killed you become the target so you could change destructive clench for lightning form if you want more survivability.

Personally I will try to make the 1 pet build happen because I dont like having just 3 abilities per bar. You could also swap 1 pet from the 2 pet setup for inner light for increased spell crit and 5% magicka.

My suggestion for @ZOS_GinaBruno‌ maybe change the way toggled abilities work. Combat would be so much more diverse if you could have 1 toggle ability per bar that would stay on when you switch weapons, the skill slotted at #5 stays on for example. That would really open up opportunities for bound armor, inner light, evil hunter etc. Or even 1 separate slot for toggled abilities, each class and playstyle benefits from such a change and the game becomes more dynamic imo.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Grao wrote: »
    - Overload - Pet build demands a lot of bar space. This ultimate is useful because it provides you with a whole new bar and extremely powerful Light Attacks. I've been using this ultimate for execution phases keeping Mages Wrath, Crystal Fragments, Inner Light / Aegis, Lightning Form and Structured Entropy and the results are very good on execution phases. The only downfall is, you need to have this ultimate up when entering the bosses Execution Phase.

Very clever of you to use the bar of Overload for finishing abilities, its only 75 ulitmate so I should be up fairly quickly too. Is it possible to weave a bit with Overload light attacks?
    PC - EU (AD)
  • xherics
    xherics
    ✭✭✭
    @Septimus_Magna‌

You forgot the Inner Light and Spell simmetry.
    Innert should be on both bars and Spell at least on one.
    Guild: HODOR - EU - Ebonheart Pact
    Char: Leliana fxn (Sorc) and Nuria fxn (DK)
    World first Sanctum Ophidia Time trial achievement unlock with my Sorcerer (v1.5.7)
    World second Sanctum Ophidia Hard Mode achievement unlock with my Sorcerer (v1.5.8)
    Pre-nerf Dragonstar Arena Hard Mode Conqueror with my Sorcerer

"Sorcerer is for me a definition of the highest level of magician, what does not mean pets, but pure magic, pure spells.
    Pure magic from the heart, through the blood, to the last hairbreadth...
    Sorcerer means the highest magic killer with pure magic, not the weakest grandmamma's pet farm."

11.02.2015 - Magicka Sorcerer RIP - What? Sorcerer and not using spells/magicka?
    19.02.2015 - Sorcerers, we have a new hope!
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Very clever of you to use the bar of Overload for finishing abilities, its only 75 ulitmate so I should be up fairly quickly too. Is it possible to weave a bit with Overload light attacks?

yup, that is the other reason I chose to use this. You can weave very powerful light attacks with the execution, which helps keeping Overload up. It is fun.
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xherics wrote: »
    @Septimus_Magna‌

No Spell Symmetry. The spell doesn't give you enough magicka at the moment to be worthwhile. If you are totally out of magicka I suggest heavy attacking with a fire staff and drinking a potion. As a last resorce, kill your Clanfear / Unstable Familier for the 15% magicka return
  • xherics
    xherics
    ✭✭✭
    @Septimus_Magna‌

No Spell Symmetry. The spell doesn't give you enough magicka at the moment to be worthwhile. If you are totally out of magicka I suggest heavy attacking with a fire staff and drinking a potion. As a last resorce, kill your Clanfear / Unstable Familier for the 15% magicka return

In a case of huge PvE Big boss fight, I do not think so, that the magicka will be not drained out at all; especially when a clear-full heavy attack is not allowed bcs of charging time DPS lost. so I still think, that it is needed on one bar at least.
    Edited by xherics on January 30, 2015 1:07PM
    Guild: HODOR - EU - Ebonheart Pact
    Char: Leliana fxn (Sorc) and Nuria fxn (DK)
    World first Sanctum Ophidia Time trial achievement unlock with my Sorcerer (v1.5.7)
    World second Sanctum Ophidia Hard Mode achievement unlock with my Sorcerer (v1.5.8)
    Pre-nerf Dragonstar Arena Hard Mode Conqueror with my Sorcerer

"Sorcerer is for me a definition of the highest level of magician, what does not mean pets, but pure magic, pure spells.
    Pure magic from the heart, through the blood, to the last hairbreadth...
    Sorcerer means the highest magic killer with pure magic, not the weakest grandmamma's pet farm."

11.02.2015 - Magicka Sorcerer RIP - What? Sorcerer and not using spells/magicka?
    19.02.2015 - Sorcerers, we have a new hope!
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Septimus_Magna‌

In a case of huge PvE Big boss fight, I do not think so, that the magicka will be not drained out at all; so I still think, that it is needed on one bar at least.

As I mentioned, that spell was heavily nerfed - you loose too much health to gain maybe enough to cast one spell. There are better options as potions were buffed to offer a greater amount of magicka on use and then magicka regen for 25 seconds, not to mention the potions give you the buffs for Crit (same as offered by Inner light - Doesn't stack) and the Buff to Spell Power (same as Surge or Structured Entropy - buffs don't stack, so you won't need to cast either of these spells for 25 seconds, giving you time to regen more Magicka).

EDIT: Damn, you are Hodor! I bow before the royalty of Sorcerers, please teach me, oh Jedi Master. >.>
    Edited by Grao on January 30, 2015 1:13PM
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What if to fix Sorc they fixed Dark Exchange by making it a DOT Effect so we can actually move and cast just tap and Fill me up over time ... certainly wont be able to spam it.

Crit Surge is just dead. Frankly it was too good in PvE before when it worked, and totally useless when it didn't (when you can't deal enough damage or can't crit, ect). I'm not sure how to make it worthwhile, and I'd rather see other means for Sorcs to heal themselves.

Dark Exchange is really underutilized as a heal, they should have done more with it, IMO. What I'd like to see is to change it into a toggle that disables magicka/stamina regeneration and adds those values to health regen - e.g., you lose 1300 magicka and 600 stamina regeneration, but gain 1900 health regen during that time. This wouldn't have worked before with soft caps, but now in 1.6 its possible. Something like that. It makes sense thematically and could allow for some interesting builds.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »
    What if to fix Sorc they fixed Dark Exchange by making it a DOT Effect so we can actually move and cast just tap and Fill me up over time ... certainly wont be able to spam it.

Crit Surge is just dead. Frankly it was too good in PvE before when it worked, and totally useless when it didn't (when you can't deal enough damage or can't crit, ect). I'm not sure how to make it worthwhile, and I'd rather see other means for Sorcs to heal themselves.

Dark Exchange is really underutilized as a heal, they should have done more with it, IMO. What I'd like to see is to change it into a toggle that disables magicka/stamina regeneration and adds those values to health regen - e.g., you lose 1300 magicka and 600 stamina regeneration, but gain 1900 health regen during that time. This wouldn't have worked before with soft caps, but now in 1.6 its possible. Something like that. It makes sense thematically and could allow for some interesting builds.

Critical Surge was never the best option for end game PvE. The reason for its popularity was the sustain offered in AoE situations, but on large boss fights, Power Surge was always more cost efficient because of the extended duration.

A good option for Magicka base sorcerers is to use Structured Entropy for the extra spell damage ( again, cost efficiency, Emtrophy lasts less then Power Surge, but it does damage, increases your max health and costs less then a third of what Surge costs).

Stamina build will likely resort to potion chugging for their buff to Weapon Power.
  • rophez_ESO
    rophez_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina build will likely resort to potion chugging for their buff to Weapon Power.

My orc sorc will probably be using momentum.
    Edited by rophez_ESO on January 30, 2015 3:47PM
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    angelyn wrote: »
    Robbmrp wrote: »
    Feidam wrote: »
    Gorthax wrote: »
    XEVENEX wrote: »
    5p seducer 3-piece Magnus 3-piece healer. Purple. Cheap. how exactly do you feel under powered? Every sorc I talk to on pts is elated.

Well for starters, pets suck. They are not anything like they said they were gonna be. Secondly my normal rotation of the cliche CS build does not feel anywhere like it does on 1.5 I have no clue how to explain it other than that. Play style didnt change, gear didnt change, technique didnt change. WRECKED

Try switching some skills around. Not all of the current live builds are working. One thing to keep in mind is it looks like there is a new meta. You most likely have to make a few changes.

Is it just me or am I the only one that feels that an update isn't an effective one if we have to completely change the way we've played for the past year???

1.6 sounds more like a complete over haul to force us to play our characters as ZOS wants them to be played. Which is NOT "PLAY AS YOU WANT". Now, we have to change our builds to the way ZOS wants just to be able to survive? This just doesn't sound right....
    SORCERER V10 CRIT SURGE BUILD LIVE VS SORC V14 BUILD PTS- THE MISSION? TRY TO KILL A SWARM OF WASPS.

I have just tried a completely different build to what I have on live. Comparison:

Pre 1.6 - VR10 level in purple gear could kill a pack of wasps easily in Craglorn, running with crit surge/destro build. (And then kill a pack of Welwas and run through Skyreach after that...)

Post 1.6- VR14 in gold gear died like six times over, and didn't manage to kill swarm of wasps. I tried a number of different combinations...1 pet, 2pets..2pets and bound armour, entropy, crystal frags, force shock, daedric curse, conjured ward,lightning flood,impulse
    • I had eaten purple food to increase all stats.
    • I had put all red points into the Light Armour Focus on the Lady Constellation.My thinking here is that it will increase my armour and since spell resistance is calculated on how much armour that piece provides this will help there too.
    • I put all green points into Healthy (Health Regen) on the Lover.
    • All blue points were shared out across Elfborn(increase spell crit damage), Elemental Expert (increase damage with elements)and Spell Erosion(raise % of spell resistance your spells ignore) on the Apprentice. On a positive note the Apprentice constellation will grant you 12% spell critical after you invest 30 points into it.
    Due to the health and light armour nerfs I take massive amounts of damage very quickly. Now that I have nothing that will reliably heal me(crit surge changes) I barely have time to do any damage or heal myself before dying.

I doubt I will be attempting to kill a pack of Welwas which I could also kill in live. No way in hell would I be able to run through Skyreach which I've successfully done in live on a number of occasions.Perhaps single targets would be killable with pets but my AOE experiment failed. I don't know how many players would be able to successfully deal with a pack of mobs using the pet controls, but this is going to take some effort to master.

Due to the fact that pets take up 2 slots EACH on your bar, it drastically reduces what other skills you can slot. If you combine that with Bound Armour its 6 slots removed from your bar.Perhaps I could have used CC but sacrificed healing? Or my only weapon attack?No wait- I could drop my execute skill..Or ..you get the picture.

Admittedly Im using PTS template and the skills aren't fully leveled up. So perhaps when I get my own character this may change. Or perhaps I'm just not skilled enough as a player to play a sorc anymore. That will be a sad day indeed.

Further proof that shows ZOS pretty much killed the Sorc build for solo play. Even WITH pets.
    NA Server - Kildair
  • Snit
    Snit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone have a build that can solo the Wasp packs now?

It was fairly easy with crit surge. With crit surge essentially removed, I have not been able to find any build that can stay alive in tough AoE situations. I hope someone else has had better luck!
    Snit AD Sorc
    Ratbag AD Warden Tank
    Goblins AD Stamblade

• kieso
    kieso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snit wrote: »

It was fairly easy with crit surge. With crit surge essentially removed, I have not been able to find any build that can stay alive in tough AoE situations. I hope someone else has had better luck!

You can still stay alive with crit surge and aoeing, but other than that I'd have success just using curse, 2 pets, ward and any other random spell.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You can kill them with curse and crystal blast using hardned ward and both pets. Not that hard.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• XEVENEX
    XEVENEX
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone have a build that can tn solo the Wasp packs now?

I don't mean to be rude, but this why some sorcs feel underpowered. Either they have bad builds or they're just bad. If you're having any problems whatsoever on a pack of wasps, you really need to re-evaluate what it is that YOU are doing wrong.
    Edited by XEVENEX on January 30, 2015 4:57PM
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Septimus_Magna‌

Magicka regen has never been a problem for me and with the loss of crit surge I wouldnt suggest sacraficing health when you're already out of magicka. If you need extra magicka regen Dark deal might be a saver choice because its heals and restores magicka. And inner light now only gives 10% spell crit so there might be better options when you use 2 pets. The 5% magicka increase from inner light is nice though.
    PC - EU (AD)
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I specifically went to Spellscar and checked Wasps out for this very reason.

I also tried various combinations, removing explicit heals (restro) to see if it was survivable.

As I'm still testing myself, I can vouch that if you shuffle some skills around, perhaps going back to some you used in the past, it's still manageable.

If you do remove the restro heals, Crit Surge combined with Entropy seem to help the survivability factor.

Expect to move more - you're not going to be able to eat damage as you could before. Don't overload your bar with all AoE (You're not going to get the crit surge benefits from it like you used to, so some AoE + some single target may give you better results)

You can use Entropy on multiple targets (= multiple heals) + the procs of Surge that do still take place, just a little differently, plus the DoT's, plus higher damae Single target skills and it is still manageable.

It just happens in a different way.

Ahead of time, this won't new you highest DPS, this will allow survivability in the two areas mentioned.

One other side note, one that's taking some getting used to for me, at least, is the extended times on some skills (Lightning Flood , Unstable WoE, for instance). It's gonna take some time to get used to letting them fully expire in the new timeframe vs the old - this will give them a change to do their full DoT while you use other skills or conserve Magicka.

And Light attacks are practically free - they fire off so fast now.

Again, still tinkering with morphs/combinations and want to try them again in Vet Group Dungeons/DSA/Trials areas.

PvP setup is (obviously) completely different still, but it always has been.

*Don't forget about Blood Magic, either - makes Dark Magic skills double as minor heals, as well.
    Edited by Merlin13KAGL on January 30, 2015 5:07PM
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Snit
    Snit
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't mean to be rude, but this why some sorcs feel underpowered. Either they have bad builds or they're just bad. If you're having any problems whatsoever on a pack of wasps, you really need to re-evaluate what it is that YOU are doing wrong.

Yeah - that's why I asked here ;)

I'm playing a moderately geared VR12 sorc (all purple crafted, LA resto/ destro). I'm a casual player who occasionally likes to farm Craglorn. It was really easy to AoE down packs in earlier builds -- Pulsar, Crit Surge and "don't stand in red" was all it took.

In 1.6, that same character gets absolutely destroyed trying to AoE down packs. Stacking shields doesn't help, nor does Thundering Presence. I've tried stacking AoE fields, too (Encase -> Liquid Lighting -> Unstable Wall of Elements -> Pulsar spam -> Streak), but that's no more effective, either. Blocking drains stamina much more quickly than it used to. I had not tried pets, as I don't like pets. I also hadn't tried a single-target approach. I'll do that today.
    Snit AD Sorc
    Ratbag AD Warden Tank
    Goblins AD Stamblade

• XEVENEX
    XEVENEX
    ✭✭✭✭

I'm playing a moderately geared VR12 sorc (all purple crafted, LA resto/ destro). I'm a casual player who occasionally likes to farm Craglorn. It was really easy to AoE down packs in earlier builds -- Pulsar, Crit Surge and "don't stand in red" was all it took.

In 1.6, that same character gets absolutely destroyed trying to AoE down packs. Stacking shields doesn't help, nor does Thundering Presence. I've tried stacking AoE fields, too (Encase -> Liquid Lighting -> Unstable Wall of Elements -> Pulsar spam -> Streak), but that's no more effective, either. Blocking drains stamina much more quickly than it used to. I had not tried pets, as I don't like pets. I also hadn't tried a single-target approach. I'll do that today.

You can streak back and fourth over your wall of elements, reapplying hardend ward as needed. You can also cs weave them down 1 at a time with streak and hardened ward. I never did use the crit surge playstyle so nothing much has changed for me. I apologize, my comment was not necessarily directed at you, your comment was just relevant to what I had to say.
    Edited by XEVENEX on January 30, 2015 5:19PM
  • angelyn
    angelyn
    ✭✭✭✭

You can streak back and fourth over your wall of elements, reapplying hardend ward as needed. You can also cs weave them down 1 at a time with streak and hardened ward. I never did use the crit surge playstyle so nothing much has changed for me. I apologize, my comment was not necessarily directed at you, your comment was just relevant to what I had to say.

I too am a more casual player, so any advice is appreciated. I'll try anything to get my sorc to be able to survive and generate a fair amount of DPS. Agreed- I will probably have to amend my playstyle now. If that's not enjoyable for me or if I'm too unskilled to master it then I will probably switch classes as much as I love being a sorc. At the end of the day the game should be enjoyable. So if trying to master the new sorc, makes me dread playing instead of enjoying it- time to look for a new class. For now I will see how it is when we have our own characters on PTS and probably even once it hits live.
  • jambam817_ESO
    jambam817_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Ugh. I rerolled Sorc from a Nightblade after hitting VR2 after release, now i have a VR12 sorc that i feel is useless.. This game is so pointless with all these changes! there goes a year of play! I do NOT want to redo another vet character because again, my class of choice got rotted out... I just can play through the three alliances again >.<
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dungeons will be a nightmare if you cant aoe the trash. Besides the damage its just much faster to hit six mobs at once than target each guy separately. Liquid lightning did get a significant buff but someone needs to activate the synnergy in order to achieve good aoe dps.

Also how squishy is light armor exactly? Will light armor users need increase armor enchantments on jewelry in order to survive hard hitting mobs/bosses?
    PC - EU (AD)
  • rophez_ESO
    rophez_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My sorc (2H, stamina) has no problem with wasp packs. Brawler makes up for loss of crit heals. Heavy attack + brawler = you never run outta stamina and you keep a shield up constantly. Throw in some streaks, etc., for mobility.
  • XEVENEX
    XEVENEX
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dungeons will be a nightmare if you cant aoe the trash. Besides the damage its just much faster to hit six mobs at once than target each guy separately. Liquid lightning did get a significant buff but someone needs to activate the synnergy in order to achieve good aoe dps.

Also how squishy is light armor exactly? Will light armor users need increase armor enchantments on jewelry in order to survive hard hitting mobs/bosses?

If you tanked with your health bar using crit surge and lightning form etc. you're going to feel much much weaker. The light armor changes nerfed the hell out of that playstyle.

If you tanked with hardened ward you wont feel the light armor nerf because shields never benefited from armor or spell resistance in the first place. If fact you will probably feel a bit tankier.
    Edited by XEVENEX on January 30, 2015 5:59PM
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I've been on the PTS since 1.6 dropped and I've had little issue killing the mobs in the Spell Scar (or Upper Crag Wasps, Scorpions and Melwas) even without using Ultimate Abilities.

It is all a matter of finding the right gear and the right rotations - people here are exaggerating the loss of Critical Surge.

My current build for AoE situation is pretty simple.

Inner Light / Bound Aegis >>
    Summon Twilight Matriarch & Volatile Familiar >>
    Empowered Ward >>
    Elemental Ring ( x times ) >>
    Weapon Swap to explode the Volatile Familiar and clean up the mob.

For me this has proven extremely efficient. Empowered Ward is a very powerful shield, the pets can be ordered to focus the strongest enemy and Volatile Familiar will tank it. Elemental Ring + Volatile Familiars explosion (20% of Max Magicka) will easily destroy any mob.

Second bar is single target DPS, just in case one creature ( the strongest ) survived the blast. Crushing Shock weaves with Light or Heavy Attakcs, Daedric Prey to give extra damage to the Twilight Matriarch.

The DPS doesn't mark high as it isn't a burst DPS, but very sustained. Still, I think I've only died once while using that rotation and I messed up that time going in low on Magicka and accidentally unsummoning the Matriarch.
    Edited by Grao on January 30, 2015 6:15PM
  • angelyn
    angelyn
    ✭✭✭✭

I've been on the PTS since 1.6 dropped and I've had little issue killing the mobs in the Spell Scar (or Upper Crag Wasps, Scorpions and Melwas) even without using Ultimate Abilities.

It is all a matter of finding the right gear and the right rotations - people here are exaggerating the loss of Critical Surge.

Empowered Ward >>

For me this has proven extremely efficient. Empowered Ward is a very powerful shield, the pets can be ordered to focus the strongest enemy and Volatile Familiar will tank it. Elemental Ring + Volatile Familiars explosion (20% of Max Magicka) will easily destroy any mob.

Second bar is single target DPS, just in case one creature ( the strongest ) survived the blast. Crushing Shock weaves with Light or Heavy Attakcs, Daedric Prey to give extra damage to the Twilight Matriarch.

The DPS doesn't mark high as it isn't a burst DPS, but very sustained. Still, I think I've only died once while using that rotation and I messed up that time going in low on Magicka and accidentally unsummoning the Matriarch.

Well this sounds promising then. :D Perhaps having our own characters- therefore skills that were actually morphed up makes all the difference.. Also I might start wearing 5 light armour and 3 heavy..since both will still stack up my spell resistance(and heavy will stack it up even more!plus provide some much needed anti-squishyness). That's if they confirm/fix tool tip on light/medium armour that we don't need 7/7 to get passives where heavy only apparently needs 5/5.

Edited by angelyn on January 30, 2015 6:24PM
  • XEVENEX
    XEVENEX
    ✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps having our own characters- therefore skills that were actually morphed up makes all the difference..
    Absolutely. It's a real shame EU players have to deal with this.
    Also I might start wearing 5 light armour and 3 heavy..since both will still stack up my spell resistance(and heavy will stack it up even more!plus provide some much needed anti-squishyness). That's if they confirm/fix tool tip on light/medium armour that we don't need 7/7 to get passives where heavy only apparently needs 5/5.
    Play how you want of course, but as long as you have shield defense and magicka offense there is no reason not to go 7/7 light. (Unless 7/7 no longer provides higher passives than 5/5, but I don't recall seeing that anywhere.)
    Edited by XEVENEX on January 30, 2015 6:36PM
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Empowered Ward >>

Well this sounds promising then. :D Perhaps having our own characters- therefore skills that were actually morphed up makes all the difference.. Also I might start wearing 5 light armour and 3 heavy..since both will still stack up my spell resistance(and heavy will stack it up even more!plus provide some much needed anti-squishyness). That's if they confirm/fix tool tip on light/medium armour that we don't need 7/7 to get passives where heavy only apparently needs 5/5.

heh, smart guy. I am also using 5 Light Armor Pieces and 2 Heavy Armor Pieces for "Anti-Squishness" and the extra stats gained from the Undaunted Passive and Health from the Heavy Armor Passives.

The 5 set still gives us the bonus.
  • sabresandiego_ESO
    sabresandiego_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you people playing the PTS or just crying due to changes? I don't mean to be rude, but sorcs are one of the strongest classes right now on the PTS, particularly in PVP. All classes are quite good actually.

I have not done any PVE testing, and I do agree that surge needs improvement. I prefer using momentum or entropy over surge, any day.

The majority of strong builds I have seen on PTS are completely min maxed. They put everything into magicka and nothing else as far as stats go. The defense is shield stacking, hardened ward, and maybe harness magicka or healing ward. Some sorcerrors throw on immovable too, eliminating the weakness of the light armor. This type of build is incredibly powerful and can even be adapted for pets.

I run a hybrid mag/stam sorcerror build. There arent many who run this type of build, because it is extremely difficult to build correctly so that you can compete with pure builds. Nevertheless I have found ways to make this hybrid extremely competitive as well. Sorcs are in a great spot. We just need some bug fixes and some improvements to weak abilities like surge, bound armor, etc...
    Ali Dreadsabre -Necromancer
    Ali Sabre -Nightblade