Maintenance for the week of June 17:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)

B2P rumour about ESO on internet

• LariahHunding
    LariahHunding
    ✭✭✭✭
    All rumors aside, B2P (dlc type model), would probably sell better on consoles, but that neither here, nor there, or over yonder, or under your bed, etc.....

I could live with B2P, but never F2P or pay to win.
    "Give a man a sweet roll, he only has one to steal. Give him a sweet roll recipe, he have bunches to steal."

Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rophez_ESO wrote: »
    A lot of circumstantial evidence and rumors. Taken individually, I wouldn't give them a second glance. Unfortunately, two facts make me consider that B2P is probably in the near future: Zenimax's resounding silence regarding certain rumors (stock pulled from shelves in particular), and the imminent release of the console version.

Console release as B2P with monetized DLC makes a lot of sense. I don't think it makes sense to have a different payment scheme for PC players, especially when I'm sure ZOS/Bethsoft are hoping for huge console sales in relation to the PC sales.

I highlighted the point where you should have stopped.

Folks, don't try this at home! Leave the speculation to the trained professionals. :wink:

Until someone is stupid enough to fabricate false evidence from Bethesda or ZOS, the likelihood of them trotting out and directly addressing this rumor is slim.

If the rumor is true, we will find out in due time. The decision has already been made and there is nothing we can do about it. There is no planning that has to take place in advance. We are all just along for the ride.

Meanwhile, the rumor is false: https://twitter.com/bethblog/status/409085013397733376
    Edited by Elsonso on January 16, 2015 5:09PM
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Grind Road

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • clocksstoppe
    clocksstoppe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

just because they want you to assume it's false doesn't mean it's false m8.

Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

just because they want you to assume it's false doesn't mean it's false m8.

You missed the point. Repeat the exercise.

The Elder Scrolls Online: Grind Road

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • Alphashado
    Alphashado
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    jicivo.jpg

Edited by Alphashado on January 16, 2015 5:48PM
    Options
  • Dreyloch
    Dreyloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wolfshead wrote: »
    Hey everyone

I have read rumour about ESO go to become B2P due to console launch do anyone know if it is true could we get answer from ZoS about this and if PC version is go to B2P as well and why in that case should PC version get affect??

As i say it is just rumour but it would be nice to get some clarity in all this rumour go around.

And what if it is? If you don't like it, then just don't play it. It's your money, it's your time and your enjoyment factor. Grow up and make a decision to continue with the game or not. Stop posting stuff like this that clutters up these forums.
    "The fear of Death, is often worse than death itself"
    Options
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wolfshead wrote: »
    Hey everyone

I have read rumour about ESO go to become B2P due to console launch ...
    What will the subscription fee be for consoles?
    Updated 12/30/2014 08:10 AM Published 03/21/2014 04:40 PM

Players will have unlimited access for the first 30 days following activation and can continue playing beyond that with a subscription of $14.99 (€12.99 / £8.99) /month (30 days).

All the prices for European countries are indicated based on a 20% VAT. Please note that, from January 1st, 2015 on, the VAT will be applied on a per-country basis, and that the rates will differ according to the local rates.

Link.

In other news, I read a rumour back in November that the console versions were cancelled, so you might as well not even worry about subscription fees for it.
    Link.
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
    Options
  • spryler
    spryler
    ✭✭✭
    A lot of circumstantial evidence and rumors. Taken individually, I wouldn't give them a second glance. Unfortunately, two facts make me consider that B2P is probably in the near future: Zenimax's resounding silence regarding certain rumors (stock pulled from shelves in particular), and the imminent release of the console version.

Console release as B2P with monetized DLC makes a lot of sense. I don't think it makes sense to have a different payment scheme for PC players, especially when I'm sure ZOS/Bethsoft are hoping for huge console sales in relation to the PC sales.

My problem with the information about the game being pulled from shelves -

Especially in regards to F2P - Why would a company pull a product from the shelves before it goes F2P? They could continue to sell units up until that point. It makes no sense from a business or logical point of view.

"Hey guys, we better get those ESO copies off the shelf, we might accidently sell some before ZOS announces that it is F2P!!" - Company executive who will not be a company executive much longer.

As far as B2P goes - If it is B2P with no subscription fee, then AGAIN why would they remove them from the shelves? Even after ZOS announces the games is going B2P, the company would still be selling the game! I mean it is BUY 2 PLAY why would they remove it from the shelves??!!??

Unless I'm missing something it makes zero sense to me.
    Options
  • rophez_ESO
    rophez_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spryler wrote: »

My problem with the information about the game being pulled from shelves -

Especially in regards to F2P - Why would a company pull a product from the shelves before it goes F2P? They could continue to sell units up until that point. It makes no sense from a business or logical point of view.

"Hey guys, we better get those ESO copies off the shelf, we might accidently sell some before ZOS announces that it is F2P!!" - Company executive who will not be a company executive much longer.

As far as B2P goes - If it is B2P with no subscription fee, then AGAIN why would they remove them from the shelves? Even after ZOS announces the games is going B2P, the company would still be selling the game! I mean it is BUY 2 PLAY why would they remove it from the shelves??!!??

Unless I'm missing something it makes zero sense to me.

Eh, who knows. Some people say for repackaging. Some say Aussie consumer protection laws required it. We'll see sometime between now and console release. I recommend to just play if you like it, and don't if you don't ;)
    Options
  • Naivefanboi
    Naivefanboi
    ✭✭✭✭
    well its not going f2p sooo its gotta be b2p now right? lol
    Options
  • TipsyDrow
    TipsyDrow
    ✭✭✭✭

This, right here. Long term subs pulled. Hard copies and game cards pulled from the shelves of Harvey Norman, EB and JB HI-FI in Australia. Console release imminent. Take from it what you will, but burying your head in the sand and ignoring certain *clues* isn't necessarily the brightest thing to do. These signs happened before SWTOR went with a f2p model also and the masses cried it would NEVER happen..... just sayin....
    Oooh, what do we have here? Another scrumptious young plaything straight out of life and into my club? Mmm... you smell new, little boy, like fabric softener dew on freshly mowed Astroturf. Oh, I'm not frightening you, am I, duckling?
    Love, Mistress Pigtails
    Options
  • BBSooner
    BBSooner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, guys, I heard that ESO is going B2P. Brb, making a thread about it.
    Options
  • Alphashado
    Alphashado
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    TipsyDrow wrote: »

This, right here. Long term subs pulled. Hard copies and game cards pulled from the shelves of Harvey Norman, EB and JB HI-FI in Australia. Console release imminent. Take from it what you will, but burying your head in the sand and ignoring certain *clues* isn't necessarily the brightest thing to do. These signs happened before SWTOR went with a f2p model also and the masses cried it would NEVER happen..... just sayin....

There are 196 countries in the world today. So 1/196 countries have a couple stores that have removed hard copies and cards. Reason dictates that means nothing. Especially since everyone in Australia can still buy the game anywhere online. Plus many examples have been given why this could be explained rationally. Yet all rational explanations are met with this: Due to strict consumer protection laws in Australia, they are somehow the worlds moral authority on the ethics of proper business transactions because they are only looking out for the well being of their citizens. The other 195 countries will soon follow."

The 6 month sub is removed with the explanation that it wasn't very popular. This is met with: "Lies! I don't believe them! You must have a better explanation!"

Months ago there were F2P rumors and ZoS staff released a statement saying that there isn't now, nor will there ever be plans to deviate from the Subscription model. Now every time some basement-dwelling blogger says he knows a cousin of his X girlfriend's dogsitter that had an aunt working at ZoS says they are going F2P, we get this: "I know you have already said you aren't going F2P or B2P, but we don't believe you! You are lying to us! Tell us again! Tell us once every week! Tell us once every day just so we believe you!"

I mean Cmon people. Planet earth just called, it wants you back.
    Edited by Alphashado on January 16, 2015 7:32PM
    Options
  • Digiman
    Digiman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The rumor started when Australia games EB started pulling copies of ESO from shelves in conjunction with the silent removal of 6 month sub (without informing paying customers who used it about the change). Their excuse was no one was using despite myself as proof that I was and that it costed absolutely no money to keep up.

Anyway now other retailers in AUSTRALIA are also pulling off copies and really that it more in line with lack of interest in buying then ESO going F2P. I mean seriously, have you seen this games history through launch?

I am guessing with the removal of the 6 month subscription some retailers with are getting new stock took a look and realized something wasn't going well at ZoS and decided to replace the stock with new games and such.

Quite frankly ZoS has been really crappy about this whole affair and their absolute lack of communication to their REMAINING loyal customers is insulting at best.

Hopefully ZoS Live! will address some of these concerns and if not well its been pleasure gentlemen /Titanic sinks.
    Options
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Digiman wrote: »

I am guessing with the removal of the 6 month subscription some retailers with are getting new stock took a look and realized something wasn't going well at ZoS and decided to replace the stock with new games and such.

With the reaction time of most corporations being what it is, these two events are coincidental.

It could also be that after a year, any pre-orders a store/company made could be returned. This is about a year after the big pre-order push.

Its January and all excess stock is pulled from the shelves and sent back to the manufacturer if they can, or sent to a discounter/wholesaler. This is to avoid paying taxes on stock on hand.

There are really too many rational explanations for these two events to hold any stock in a subscription model change. As science says, the simplest explanation is usually the correct explanation.

Edited by Nestor on January 16, 2015 8:56PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Options
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I heard that Zenimax is trying a whole new model. They are going PY2P. They are going to pay you to play. Everyone who plays the game at least once in a month gets $15.
    Options
  • Digiman
    Digiman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Digiman wrote: »

There are really too many rational explanations for these two events to hold any stock in a subscription model change. As science says, the simplest explanation is usually the correct explanation.

Except this is business not science. Xbox one is a good example that logic isn't always sound.
    Options
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The XBox1 Launch just proves that Steve Ballmer is an idiot that thought all the customers would share in his vision just because he said so. This has nothing to do with ESO.

Or science.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Options
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How many threads is this now? Although this is B2P instead of F2P so it's a start ....

Make it stop. Please someone make it stop.
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
    Options
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    JD2013 wrote: »
    How many threads is this now? Although this is B2P instead of F2P so it's a start ....

How many comments in these threads that bump them back to the top that simply say "another one?" You want it to stop? Easy, don't post in this thread...

And no, I don't want it to stop. I want no BS answers about:

1. removal of 6 month sub option as a new payment option but why it can still be renewed as 6 months.
    2. continuing reports that some physical copy vendors (not just EB Australia any longer) are telling their outlets to remove ESO from shelves,
    3. Why are gametime cards also being removed from those same stores, and
    4. Why is this happening only in Australia and NA retailers are continuing box and game time cards sales as usual.

Now those 4 things are not rumors - those are facts. The rumors are the speculation about what all those things add up to.

And whether you like it or not, the speculation will continue until simple, no BS answers come from ZOS.
    Options
  • Mortuum
    Mortuum
    ✭✭✭✭
    Really, another thread about it??? Cmmon. Boring.
    Options
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Iselin wrote: »
    And whether you like it or not, the speculation will continue until simple, no BS answers come from ZOS.
    Even after any such input from ZOS the speculation will continue, rendering it pointless.
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
    Options
  • Mortuum
    Mortuum
    ✭✭✭✭
    ESO is already F2P...Fun To Play...Not sure why i am feeding haters and trolls really, but ok ;p
    Options
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How many comments in these threads that bump them back to the top that simply say "another one?" You want it to stop? Easy, don't post in this thread...

1. removal of 6 month sub option as a new payment option but why it can still be renewed as 6 months.
    2. continuing reports that some physical copy vendors (not just EB Australia any longer) are telling their outlets to remove ESO from shelves,
    4. Why is this happening only in Australia and NA retailers are continuing box and game time cards sales as usual.

Now those 4 things are not rumors - those are facts. The rumors are the speculation about what all those things add up to.

1. There weren't enough people getting it, and they make more money from the other subs.
    2. "Continuing reports" from one source that apparently thinks that one chain in Australia constitutes a country-wide shortage of games. IGN is desperate to appear journalistic. No one with any sense is buying it.
    3. See above.
    4. See above.

ZO started out their game with a very simple, no BS explanation: there are no plans to take the game in the free-to-play direction. Your insistence on not believing that will not change if they say the same thing again.
    ----
    Murray?
    Options
  • Wolfshead
    Wolfshead
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry for ask this question but when you have been away and you come back read about ofc you would start wonder but it would be nice know what ZoS have idea for subscribe plan for PC version again im sorry for post samething that been post early.
    If you find yourself alone, riding in green fields with the sun on your face, do not be troubled; for you are in Elysium, and you're already dead
    What we do in life, echoes in eternity
    Options
  • Messy1
    Messy1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am buy 2 play. Buy me and play with me pleasssse!
    Options
  • Iago
    Iago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Messy1 wrote: »
    I am buy 2 play. Buy me and play with me pleasssse!

lmao too funny
    That which we obtain to cheap we esteem to lightly, it is dearness only that gives everything its value.

-Thomas Pain

Options
  • renton1x1x1
    renton1x1x1
    ✭✭✭
    with fluffy pink

opps thought this was 3 words

incidentally i listened to rumours last week

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rumours_(album)
    Edited by renton1x1x1 on January 17, 2015 6:07AM
    Renton Sc Breton Sorcerer VR14
    Renton Tp Argonian Templar VR14
    Renton Dk Imperial DragonKnight VR14
    Renton Nb Khajiit Nightblade VR10 Vampire

www.alitheso.com Casual Social EU PvX Guild

Ebonheart Pact EU PVP Decimation Elite Azura's Star
    The Traveling Merchant
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en-GB/discussion/190077/the-traveling-merchant-eu-craglorn-trading-guild

So let me get this straight: You want to ride on a magic carpet to see the king of the potato people and beg with him for your freedom. And you're telling me that you're completely sane? - Rimmer - Red Dwarf V - Quarantine
    Options
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

1. There weren't enough people getting it, and they make more money from the other subs.
    2. "Continuing reports" from one source that apparently thinks that one chain in Australia constitutes a country-wide shortage of games. IGN is desperate to appear journalistic. No one with any sense is buying it.
    3. See above.
    4. See above.

ZO started out their game with a very simple, no BS explanation: there are no plans to take the game in the free-to-play direction. Your insistence on not believing that will not change if they say the same thing again.

Kotaku, The Escapist, Venture Capital, PC Gamer, mmorpg.com, massively, Gamespot... even Christian Today lol... the speculation is happening everywhere

But go ahead and cover your eyes and ears if that makes you feel better.
    Options
  • heystreethawk
    heystreethawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which Internet do you have? I have Comcast Internet.
    GM of Fantasia
    I heard those symphonies come quick
    Options