The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Help! We need more guild management tools!

• kelly.medleyb14_ESO
    kelly.medleyb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kat_Cnaa wrote: »
    I noticed since Update 6 rolled out, each of my toons get a notification when one of my guilds update their Message of the Day. I logged in with one, and noticed the notification. I could hover over the page icon and see the message. Then logged into another toon and there was the notification again.

Yes I have noticed this too maybe you should make another threat for this in the bug forums or something but you are right its notifying all my toons whenever the MotD is changed, I love the change but I only need to be notified once :)
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That change was in the patch notes and was highly anticipated by some people (me!) :P
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
    "Taller races now sit in chairs correctly"
  • kelly.medleyb14_ESO
    kelly.medleyb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LMar wrote: »
    That change was in the patch notes and was highly anticipated by some people (me!) :P

What change?
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LMar wrote: »

What change?

The notification when the Message of the Day changes!
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
    "Taller races now sit in chairs correctly"
  • kelly.medleyb14_ESO
    kelly.medleyb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah its a great change, except that it notifies over and over and over again for just one change.
  • JandeV
    JandeV
    Soul Shriven
    Heraldry

Additional permission for “Edit Tabard Design” allowing other members/officers to design guild tabards.

What about Custom crests? Uploading an image for the Guild Heraldry? Has ZOS reacted to that at all?
  • Nightscar
    Nightscar
    ✭✭
    I like the 3rd option .. You can't have the bank open to everyone .. That's just an invitation to disaster..
    Have a limited amount of things each member can withdawl
  • Sandmanninja
    Sandmanninja
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just have a bunch of empty values that the guild leader fills in.
    1) make the ranks - name them
    2) edit the attributes of the guild bank and tie it to the ranks.

As an example
    The rank named "OFFICER" can:
    * withdraw 20 stacks a day
    * withdraw 1000 gold a day

The Rank "MEMBER" can:
    * withdraw 2 stacks a day
    * withdraw 25 gold a day

The Rank "PROBATIONARY" can:
    * withdraw 1 stack a day
    * withdraw 10 gold a day

The Rank "TOO NEW FOR ACCESS" can:
    * withdraw 0 stacks a day
    * withdraw 0 gold a day

That's all we need. Period.
    [Hard Mode Dungeoneers] is recruiting all players of all levels for this new Guild.
    THIS IS A NEW-BUT-GROWING GUILD. We are focused on doing vet pledges, vet dungeons, getting achieves, & doing hard mode bosses.
    Most active GMT+10 (Australia time zone) in the afternoon Mon-Fri and all day Sat/Sun.
    Pst/email for info/invites.
  • maryriv
    maryriv
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would like more guild tools please.
  • GeneralRoadkill
    As time progressed, so to did the inhabitants of Tamriel. First, tools were created to help with everyday activities, making them easier to perform or requiring less input. Then, they refined those tools to make them better and more efficient. Now, the call has come for additional tools to be made, so that we may yet refine them into tools for a master to forge his or her guild into what their dreams hold. From the small things like banking to the large things like managing 500 members, every part of a guild has someone behind it making it work. Lets make their job easier, and even put more of the members input into the guild, rather than one person making every decision! Or if you have a dictatorship, let that one person have complete control over his dominion of guildies!

May bright moons guide your path, and let your voice be heard for the betterment of a community!
  • rosy_ariete
    rosy_ariete
    ✭✭✭
    I really wish for a response by ZOS in the guild bank question. All I ask is for a WOW-like type of guild bank...
  • Kat_Cnaa
    Kat_Cnaa
    ✭✭
    This is a crucial aspect of keeping ESO alive for the long run. Keeping the guild backbones from breaking under unnecessary strain because of insufficient tools. And guilds are the heart of long term social play. When I think of a game that will be around ten years from now with a healthy player base, it's one with healthy guilds.
  • ashlee17
    ashlee17
    ✭✭✭✭
    Great to see so many players recognizing and supporting the need for more guild management tools! Thanks for all your ideas and support :) we now have almost 200 comments on this mega thread! That's almost 40% of the way to our goal of 500 (the magic number at which Zos starts to take threads seriously). Let's keep asking for more guild tools and please keep all the great ideas comming!
    Administrator of More Than Fair Guild- North American Server- Come and Join us for a fun and friendly experience - 480+ members and great trader location- all factions welcome - mail me @ashlee17 in game for an invite.
    Join the crusade for better guild management tools!
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/145742/help-we-need-more-guild-management-tools/p1
    Please comment and support this cause!
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with you totally on this one. It's a shame there are techical limitations on the number of members in a guild. I hope those technical limitations don't also hinder the possibilities for guild management systems.

I also hope that someday the code can be reworked to address these limitations. Seems strange to code your game right from the start so as to limit anything relevant to player population - given that you want those players in the game.

I'd guess similar issues prevent the use of a global AH and might also be part of the issues we are having now where the game cannot handle more than a certain number of players in an area.

Guilds keep players in the game even when they might be a bit down about the content or technical issues or other things. Guild organise the social events that make the game come alive. Guilds hold things together.

You need good guilds. Show them a bit of love and you'll get back a happier paying playerbase in return.
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • wrlifeboil
    wrlifeboil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kat_Cnaa wrote: »
    This is a crucial aspect of keeping ESO alive for the long run. Keeping the guild backbones from breaking under unnecessary strain because of insufficient tools. And guilds are the heart of long term social play. When I think of a game that will be around ten years from now with a healthy player base, it's one with healthy guilds.

I disagree. Just look at WoW. Guilds aren't as big a deal as they were during the early days and WoW still generates hundreds of millions of dollars after ten years.

The devs should encourage group play but once they start designing an mmo for group play as defined by guilds, say bye bye to a huge chunk of the player base and hello to niche status, if the game survives.
    Edited by wrlifeboil on March 30, 2015 9:32AM
  • BlackEar
    BlackEar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe it is the guild master's responsibility to allow officers and other members to retrieve and deposit from the guild bank.
    What I would like is an easier way so one bad officer cannot suddenly rob everything.

A 24 hour lockdown on a number of items or a category of items being locked should suffice, i.e gear is withdrawn by officers only. Refined mats by members, etc.
    Bjorn Blackbear - Master Angler - Collector - Black Market Mogul - Ebonheart Pact - Exterminatus - EU.

Achievement hunter:

Visit my profile page to find out about which achievement I am currently hunting.

Check out Anemonean's thieving guide!
  • Athas24
    Athas24
    ✭✭✭✭
    There really does need to be a lot more in the way of guild management tools. I'd like to allow tiered access to banks to see what people are going to do. It would also give me a reason to add more ranks to the system I currently use and it would make players feel like they are progressing in the guild without wanting to always make it to some sort of officer status. It would make various member statuses more appealing. There needs to be a better history record too. The listings are way too short currently and from what I've seen there is no way to know who took out money from the bank or when. In my case here is only me and one other person that can but I'd still like to see the balance sheet for deposits and withdraws from us both. member notes too should be tiered to a degree. Members should not be able to erase specific content that a senior member has written that is needed for use by officers but they should be able to add flair or info on their characters to those notes. Maybe just even having officer notes/member notes as an option? This way we can limit access to the information the guild has or uses on those people.

just a few ideas. :)
    ...OverTwerked & Underpaid.
    Rajaat04 in game @Athas24 on forums
  • rootimus
    rootimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hail from Eve, so perhaps I've been spoilt. I'm used to a guild channel being a persistant thing, with online users listed (similar to how us old folk used to have in IRC). I realise with 5 guilds and all the other clutter, that might be a bit much for some, but IMHO it would be preferable to the way things currently are. It would certainly make it easier to get people interacting more, which helps guild leaders out greatly. A lively guild is a happy one.

The bank stuff has been pretty extensively covered in this thread and I agree with most of it. We need something better than what we have now, for sure. Eve corporations (guilds) have multiple hangers, where each hanger can have its access restricted with some internal roles (we already have guild ranks, so half the work is done).

Also, mail is horrific in this game. There's no option for me to send my entire guild a mail, and even if I used an addon, I still wouldn't be able to send them a URL which they're able to open direct from the mail.
    Even on the internet, clear communication is important; it can be the difference between "helping your Uncle Jack off a horse" and "helping your uncle jack off a horse"; the difference between "knowing your s***" and "knowing you're s***".
    Greybeards & Gals - Civilised, laid-back, mature gamers. Beards optional. |
  • Irista
    Irista
    ✭✭
    As the treasurer of Black Hand I deal with our Guild Bank all the time. [We actually had to have a separate 'quarter master' bank JUST for provisioning materials and non-max level crafting materials before the patch].

As we have been getting in new recruits, I can personally say bank management is tiresome. As much as I love helping out, being one of the few officers (because if you have TOO many officers it's just too many cooks in the kitchen) getting anything done during the day aside from guild bank management is a pain.

What I'd love to see is a tiered access (similar to bank tabs in WoW and SWtOR).

We'd like to be able to lock down high level crafting items (legendary crafting items, V14 gear sets, food, etc) to trusted members, but allow access to crafting materials for those that are leveling.

Unfortunately with the current guild system is an all or nothing trust.

Thanks for starting this thread! It has been a big discussion topic for us since ESO launch.
    @Irista - Max Clothier/Woodworker - "I craft for smiles! (and tips! ;D )"

Renwyn Delau - VR14 Magicka Sorceror

The Black Hand
    - Ebonheart Pact
    Treasurer
    blackhandgaming.net
  • djnapstyb14_ESO
    djnapstyb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Great ideas here
    EP FOR LIFE
  • djnapstyb14_ESO
    djnapstyb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Great ideas here
    EP FOR LIFE
  • RansynBloodway
    Speaking as Guildmaster of Blades of Vengeance - we have recently been the victim of a guild bank ninja who was able to take out 300+ items from the guild bank before we realized what was going on and took away his access. I agree with this thread 100%! We definitely need more functionality in regards to the guild bank permissions.

I'd be happy to either place a limit on the amount of withdrawals available to members per day. Ideally though, I'd love separate bank tabs (similar to the WoW setup), so that we can actually organize the bank and give members access to some stuff, but keep other stuff (VR12 - 14 Purple Armour for example) only available for Officers to give out.

ZOS! More guild permissions functionality is a good thing!
    Ransyn Bloodway - Guildmaster of Blades of Vengeance
    SEXY, DANGEROUS, HAAAAAAAAS!
    bov.shivtr.com
  • Heresiarch
    During my time in ESO, I have seen multiple guilds become victims of guild bank thievery. One could argue that these guilds were too trusting and should never have had such open policies in the first place, but if better guild tools existed, these unfortunate incidents might never have occurred.

I am not sure what the answer is, but the current functionality is really lacking. I have such feels for guild leaders and guild officers who have to constantly grab stuff out of the bank for honest members. :/
  • rootimus
    rootimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would also be awesome if we had some API tools, such as being able to pull the bank log, join / leave notifications, etc. Heck, if my members could plug an API key into our forum we could automatically assign their privileges there and on teamspeak - no waiting, no fuss. \o/
    Even on the internet, clear communication is important; it can be the difference between "helping your Uncle Jack off a horse" and "helping your uncle jack off a horse"; the difference between "knowing your s***" and "knowing you're s***".
    Greybeards & Gals - Civilised, laid-back, mature gamers. Beards optional. |
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    IIRC, there's an add-on that tracks Guild Bank activity and mails it to the Guild Leader(s), or something along those lines. But the fact that we need an add-on to do something that should be standard is pretty uncool. Not to mention the decision to make withdraw rights all-or-nothing; why did ANYONE think that would be a good idea? They give us numerous Guild ranks but no way to tie that to the Bank? No way to limit withdraws to X transactions a day?

We really REALLY do need better Guild management tools. I only recently got withdraw rights to a Guild I joined (it was a random invite too) a few weeks ago, but then again I dump a lot of stuff in for others to use, mostly a bunch of food/drink I've crafted. But I also give away stuff for free instead of having people pay for it, and I suppose that helped in showing I'm trustworthy. It was definitely a risky move for the Guild, as there is (or was at that time) close to 200k stored away. If I'd been a dishonest person, I could have easily taken that for myself.

It shouldn't come down to that though. No one should be forced to hope they're making the right choice when giving someone withdraw access. It just takes one patient person to get that access, and then all the money/items in the Bank are gone. But those with access shouldn't have to spend time running back and forth between a Bank and what they're doing to get things out for other people.
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • maryriv
    maryriv
    ✭✭✭✭
    ashlee17 wrote: »
    Great to see so many players recognizing and supporting the need for more guild management tools! Thanks for all your ideas and support :) we now have almost 200 comments on this mega thread! That's almost 40% of the way to our goal of 500 (the magic number at which Zos starts to take threads seriously). Let's keep asking for more guild tools and please keep all the great ideas comming!

I agree with you wholeheartedly Ashlee and I hope they change these soon.
  • Siliconhobbit_ESO
    Siliconhobbit_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I love this thread. I've always been a staunch supporter of more tools and better management abilities for all guilds.

Unfortunately ESO has dropped the ball on providing us with these. With the way things are around here, we can expect the below graphic to sum up what we'll get in the future, if anything at all:

RTxSBnM.png
    Sinister Swarm
    15 Years of Gaming Excellence
  • DaggerfallTradeMasters
    I dont want it open to everyone just give me more options perhaps people can rank up automatically after depositing 5K gold>? (then they wont rob for sure because they stack some gold)
  • Madness1
    Madness1
    ✭✭✭
    Ok I see where this is all coming from, but I'd boil it down mostly to:
    1) The guild bank system - It's nice we have a guild bank but more could be done.
    2) Actual Guild Structure - How you progress in the guild.

How I'd fix it:
    1a) I for example would like to see a system where lower level guild members would need to do a give and take system, similar to the barter system in oblivion where the leaders set a price/value.
    1b) I'd also like to see a way for a member who doesn't usually have permission from the guild to withdraw items, the ability to withdraw things they deposited.
    1c) I'd think a system where you can block certain items from being taken from the bank either by actual members or items themselves (block player from item taking, or block a certain item being taken).

2) The guilds I'd previously joined had little in the way of actual structure in ranks, for example some people have complained that newer members have joined just to steal their items from the bank or mess with their notes, among several other things. How about having a minimum of 4 ranks, the first one allows the use of chat only for them to participate in events and talk with the guild members to find if it's for them; the second rank would be able to create and edit notes, and deposit into the guild bank; the third rank would give access to everything; and the final rank would be for the leader(s).

Things I'd like to see:
    1) A sent mail folder so we can see who we've sent mail too and what we said along with items we sent; if you could also implement a way for higher guild members to see (with that members permission) what they've sent what would be really handy.
    2) An editable item such as paper where we could write something down and give it to members.
    3) More add-on accessibility options.
    4) I really like some of the things @ElfFromSpace mentioned, however I'd just like to add one thing to the "Heraldry" section. I'd like the ability to choose their buff/perk with the Tabard, after all a buff increasing Bow damage is not going to effect a melee or magic user, or in the case of the guild I belong to WEB it would be cool if we could add a bonus to Stealth.
    5) I'd like to see more guild armor or clothing customisation, for example a tool similar to how the modding scene works would be great. I'd understand that it'd maybe need to be made inside a browser, for this I'd suggest coding it in HTML5 for optimal support and cleanness. I'd like this limited to their characters ability in the skill however to be able to create the item, you could even make it a subscriber exclusive feature and sell it on the crown store. (this feature is unlikely but would be great :))
    6) I'd want to see the members guild rank in chat either by name or by a color. This sounds simple but it would be good to show your status and know who you're actually talking to.

Also high five to the OP @ashlee17 for uploading the pics, they add some flair to a long thread. Also shameless plug if anyone on the EU server would like to join WEB the guild of thievery and murder go HERE for detail.

What is the color of night?
    What is the color of the fox?
    Hail Sithis.
  • Kat_Cnaa
    Kat_Cnaa
    ✭✭
    Just a thought:

I definitely think that being able to track what you yourself have deposited in a guild bank (and withdrawn) and thus being able to track that aspect of giving to your guild--and possibly being recognized for your contributions by your guild -- would be valuable. Making it easier for guildmasters and officers to recognize the contributions of their members (and doing so) can go a long way to make members feel valued. I do know that if a guild had set rules on how to rise in rank -- one that could be tracked -- such as contributions to the bank, or participation in guild sponsored events, or helping guildmates in trials; with set measurable goals (i.e. x items; x gold; x hours; x trial runs; x taxes; x sales; x recruits). This could make some guilds able to set up their ranks like ranks in the game--a player could work on their progress in the guild the way they would work on their XP rank or Champion Points.