Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Feedback to the Champion System

• nikos
    nikos
    Soul Shriven
    In my opinion, this is very bad decision. In this case, player who has one vr14 character and player who has 8 vr14 characters will receive same number of CP. But player with one vr14 character can claim much more CP point while playing other new characters after update 6 was released, as opposed to player with 8 vr14 chars, who should delete some chars and start playing with new one to claim any additional CP points.
  • skillastat
    skillastat
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's my first sub-based MMO and I'm wonderfully surprised of the listening of the devs about the players concerns.

Seriously, this made my day.

Thanks to you developpers it's REALLY APPRECIATED :D !!!!
    (PC NA)
    -Saulo Stamina Sorcerer
    -skillastat Stamina Nightblade
    -a blade spirit Stamina Templar
    -Ultima Online I Magicka Dragonknight
    -'Solo DC* Stamina Sorcerer
    -'Ultima Online Stamina Dragonknight
    -Nerd Dk Tank Dragonknight
    -Solochi Magicka Sorcerer
    -Solo Lucci Magicka Nightblade
    -Sølomon Magicka Warden

*All characters are EP, except for one DC.

French Canadian!
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nikos wrote: »
    In my opinion, this is very bad decision. In this case, player who has one vr14 character and player who has 8 vr14 characters will receive same number of CP. But player with one vr14 character can claim much more CP point while playing other new characters after update 6 was released, as opposed to player with 8 vr14 chars, who should delete some chars and start playing with new one to claim any additional CP points.
    That's technically true, but it's still better than what it was before. You now have 70 points for all your characters instead of 30, and they have returned to their statement of giving you CPs based on your XP up to a cap. Since they had to reduce that by a factor of 4, they have decided on 70 as that cap.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you, Gina. That's exactly what I and many others were asking for!
    It's very good to know that you are listening to the community. We are very grateful and love you even more now :)

Now when you showed we are heard, lets see what we can do with that class system :P
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is a compromise, not a perfect solution. Because the Champion Points are marked as account wide the disparity between those with one character and those with 8 would become nearly insurmountable, not to mention no game should force you to level several characters. It is hard enough for the more casual player to level 1 toon all the way.

Still, while it is true those that leveled all 8 allowed characters to vr14 would be under a theoretical disadvantage (having to delete characters to open space for new characters to level under the new progression) it is very unlikely that someone that has leveled only one toon to vr14 to suddenly decide to level 7 additional characters. I know that is my case, I've had my vr14 Sorc for months now and felt no need to level something else. I am curious about trying out a DK, but I think that is as far as I will go...
  • Wizzo91
    Wizzo91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great news. Thank you for the update :)
    [EU]

Wizzo - Stamina DK - 50 - DC
    Wizzox - Magicka NB - 50 - DC
    Vilest Wizz - Magicka Sorc - 50 - DC
    Wiser Wizz - Magicka NB - 50 - DC
    Wizzo X - Magicka NB - 50 - AD
    In Rainbows - Stam Sorc - 50 - AD
    Fake Plastic Tree - Stamplar - 50 - EP

6XX CP

• Layenem
    Layenem
    ✭✭✭✭

Oh no. Heaven forbid you have to actually level up to vet level as well. You can't please everyone can you? Seriously? You're going to nit pick the finest of details here aren't you?
  • Frenkthevile
    Frenkthevile
    ✭✭✭✭
    Great news!
  • Markaeus
    Markaeus
    ✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    At this point, we do not know how further CP will be earned AFTER the dropping of 1.6. IIRC they said that CP would be earned by playtime. 1HR of playtime = 1CP earned. If this holds true, then your 8 VR14 could still earn CP just by playing. They only said that the 200,000 EXP = 1 CP applied to Vet Ranked characters for the 1.6 CONVERSION.
  • Grunim
    Grunim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you very much for listening to our feedback and coming up with this solution. No system is perfect, but this is much fairer than the flat 30 CP for all vets deal.

Now it's time for us to tell the gaming world that ZOS listens.
    Am a whimsical Generation Jones gamer. Online RPGs hooked me since '94 and no sign of stopping soon...

• Elridge
    Elridge
    ✭✭✭
    Layenem wrote: »

Oh no. Heaven forbid you have to actually level up to vet level as well. You can't please everyone can you? Seriously? You're going to nit pick the finest of details here aren't you?

some people already having multiple vet 14s isn't exactly nit picking, it's a legitimate concern that they will have to DELETE characters to make further progress, or even just that their previous progress didn't count... which is the same concern as before just on a smaller scale. I dunno what you mean " Heaven forbid you have to actually level up to vet level as well" since obviously we are only talking about the people that have done this numerous times.

Edit: The issue was higher vets didn't want to be on the same level as a v1, well... even people with higher vet levels then the ones that originally complained still aren't getting what they earned? Like I said, same issue, granted the majority is pleased. This is definitely a step in the right direction, but still a cause for concern for some.
    Edited by Elridge on January 9, 2015 11:54PM
    Account Name:@Elridge
    "Be kind and generous to the people of Tamriel. Protect the weak, heal the sick, and give to the needy." -Stendarr "Ten Commands of the Nine Divines"
  • RazielSR
    RazielSR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great! I think this decision is gonna make a lot of players happy.

Anyway, I would like to know if we should continue doing quests or not. Imagine that you have now an VR5 char (like me) and have a whole faction zone untouched...I guess that if you do that quests now, you won't be able to get xp for cp points anymore, so I guess that in this case I should continue leveling my char, but NOT leveling by doing quests.
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elridge wrote: »

some people already having multiple vet 14s isn't exactly nit picking, it's a legitimate concern that they will have to DELETE characters to make further progress, or even just that their previous progress didn't count... which is the same concern as before just on a smaller scale. I dunno what you mean " Heaven forbid you have to actually level up to vet level as well" since obviously we are only talking about the people that have done this numerous times.

Truthfully, the progression of those with several Vr14s did count. If you don't think about the CPs account wide, each character will have 70 or so CPs that is the equivalent to Vr14 in the new system.

It is not perfect, those with several character were hoping to become far more powerful, but still, it is a best situation then what we had just a few hours ago. At least now those several Vr14 characters wont be demoted to lvl 50 once 1.7 comes and the veteran system is finally put to rest.
  • whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm finally Catching up on the Forum's and I find this..

WOW..

Very Happy... :smiley:

All my fears and doubts have been taken away,

@ZOS, Thank You for listening to your Customers.
    Signed, Kotaro Atani.PS5 NA
    VR16/ CP 160 Khajiit Nightblade of the Aldmeri Dominion, Guildmaster and Assassin of the Queen's Hand guild on NA PC. PvP Officer in the WOLF guild on NA PS5, and of course Master Thief. Currently 3120 CP out of 3600 CP on NA PS5. Currently 810 CP on NA PC (used for PTS testing purposes only). On PS5 I am also a Master Crafter, all traits done and learned, Jewelry crafting done. all Motifs learned on PS5 except for maybe two-three Motifs. Both Companions are Max level as are their Skills.Warrior, Lover, Thief.... Nightblade. Aldmeri Dominion For Life! For the Queen!! Go Dominion or go home ! "I have no hatred for the races of Man, but they are young. Like all children, they are driven by emotion. They lack the wisdom that comes with age. I would sooner place an Altmer infant on the Ruby Throne than surrender Tamriel to their capricious whims. The Altmer, the Bosmer and the Khajiit share the common traits of intelligence, patience and reason. We do not seek riches or plunder. Domination is not our goal, nor is the acclamation of power for its own sake. Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines. Stand with us." ―Your Queen Commands, Ayrenn Arana Aldmeri.(All 18 characters are AD only! This one is a AD Loyalist)Member of ESO Since January 29, 2014, started early Access 3/30/14 on PC, currently subbed on NA PS5 and on NA PC. Note- I only use PC for PTS testing purposes, the PS5 is my dedicated Game Platform.Note- for those that don't know how to say Kotaro Atani it's "Ko tar row Ah ta ni" (Ko with a Oh sound, tar which sounds like the sticky black tar stuff, row like rowing a boat, Ah with a AHHHH sound, Ta with a Tahhh sound, Neeee which sounds like knee)"The blowing sands of time wipe clean the footprints of the past...""Moonsugar may be the key to paradise, but it is through a false door...""A perfect society is always elsewhere..."- Unknown book of Khajiiti proverbs.
  • Elridge
    Elridge
    ✭✭✭
    Grao wrote: »

Truthfully, the progression of those with several Vr14s did count. If you don't think about the CPs account wide, each character will have 70 or so CPs that is the equivalent to Vr14 in the new system.

It is not perfect, those with several character were hoping to become far more powerful, but still, it is a best situation then what we had just a few hours ago. At least now those several Vr14 characters wont be demoted to lvl 50 once 1.7 comes and the veteran system is finally put to rest.

That isn't counting, that's given the same thing you would have gotten anyways with one v14, to my understanding, it's all put into the account wide champion points anyways? I get what you mean, and it is MOST DEFINITELY a better situation then it was a day ago. It doesn't even effect me that badly. I'm just trying to give feedback that it isn't the "perfect" solution.

Plus it's pretty messed up that people are saying "don't complain" when just a day ago some of them were the ones complaining, but because "their" problem is solved because they only have the one vet character, they don't think others have the same issue they did, only difference is, some people have more vet characters.
    "Be kind and generous to the people of Tamriel. Protect the weak, heal the sick, and give to the needy." -Stendarr "Ten Commands of the Nine Divines"
  • Neryaz
    Neryaz
    ✭✭
    This is Great.
    DK VR 16 Phixus Azura/Trueflame

Templar VR 16 Trygor Azura/Trueflame.
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That isn't counting, that's given the same thing you would have gotten anyways with one v14, to my understanding, it's all put into the account wide champion points anyways? I get what you mean, and it is MOST DEFINITELY a better situation then it was a day ago. It doesn't even effect me that badly. I'm just trying to give feedback that it isn't the "perfect" solution.

Plus it's pretty messed up that people are saying "don't complain" when just a day ago some of them were the ones complaining, but because "their" problem is solved because they only have the one vet character, they don't think others have the same issue they did, only difference is, some people have more vet characters.

Oh, I am not telling you not to complain, complaining is your right. ^^

I just think ZoS solution is reasonable. True, your 8 characters won't become extremely powerful because you have 8 characters, but at least none of your characters will be demoted to the same power level as those just turning Vr1 (considering the veteran ranks are being removed).
    Edited by Grao on January 10, 2015 12:05AM
  • Elridge
    Elridge
    ✭✭✭

Oh, I am not telling you not to complain, complaining is your right. ^^

I just think ZoS solution is reasonable. True, your 8 characters won't become extremely powerful because you have 8 characters, but at least none of your characters will become demoted to the same power level as those just turning Vr1 (considering the veteran ranks are being removed).

I should hope I don't sound like I'm complaining, just trying to give some constructive feedback, and ask a simple question as to why the low cap. ZoS has always treated me right, I've contacted their support a few times and they have always been timely and kind to me.

Personally I am satisfied taking a "minimal" hit I have multiple vets but only 2, so not too bad. Just sad for my friends with those 5 vet 14s that I might not get to play with anymore. Also I don't mean you by the way, I like it when people can have civil conversations by reasoning with each other and explaining, rather then "quit your complaining" lol
    Edited by Elridge on January 10, 2015 12:10AM
  • Chillic
    Chillic
    ✭✭✭
    Great change!!!
  • Inklings
    Inklings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This system would have been great to see implemented in 1.7 with NO cap. I would have been so happy to see everyone get the 30cp in 1.6 then have us be rightfully rewarded in 1.7 with the xp to cp conversion we deserve when all our vr levels are stripped from us. This new system is still shorting people with multiple vr14s who have expended massive amounts of ways to get exp in the old system. Its not fully addressing the problem but its a step in the right direction.
    Edited by Inklings on January 10, 2015 12:18AM
  • BCBasher
    BCBasher
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you, I'll get on giving you my new credit card info before my sub lapses.
  • Tyr
    Tyr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nybling wrote: »
    Oh good christ.

In our last feedback session, Eric Wrobel said that testing for Trial content was balanced around people with 30 champion points. What does this mean for content post 1.6? Are you guys changing how things are being balanced now, or are things going to become slightly less difficult because now we instantly start with more than double the amount of Champion Points?

Why is this an issue at all? Getting 40 CP is 1 week of gameplay for an active player and the difference between 30 CP and 70 CP is miniscule because the champion system as a whole contributes a fraction of what gear and skill choices contribute to your character.
  • Marcello_cog
    Marcello_cog
    Soul Shriven
    thank you, this is way better, it gives the people who have played an advantage but not a truly unfair one, while it makes the people who are just reaching it, receive something but not get free stuff. ahhh thank you
  • Amdirial
    Amdirial
    ✭✭
    Inklings wrote: »
    This system would have been great to see implemented in 1.7 with NO cap. I would have been so happy to see everyone get the 30cp in 1.6 then have us be rightfully rewarded in 1.7 with the xp to cp conversion we deserve when all our vr levels are stripped from us. This new system is still shorting people with multiple vr14s who have expended massive amounts of ways to get exp in the old system. Its not fully addressing the problem but its a step in the right direction.

This is a decent middle ground rewarding those players that hit VR14, I also understand that everyone wants to be "rewarded" for the time they put into their character/s and honestly this is a good solution.

As for leveling alts, well I honestly don't see ZOS not releasing new "content" after 1.6 comes out so I am going out on a limb and I'm going to say they will add new ways for us to progress our characters.

I usually try not to compare ESO with other MMOs I've played in the past but we can all probably say we've played a few and I for one am trying to think of what I did once I max leveled my character in other games and the answer that comes to me is I leveled alts. Its the nature of MMOs people level alts. I also understand that people with multiple VR14s are going to feel short changed. But the bottom line is ZOS is trying to find some middle ground and 70 CP cap initially is a really good spot for everyone in my opinion. I'm sure there are dailies etc that can also be done to earn champion points.
  • Petros
    Petros
    ✭✭✭

This is what players get for being greedy and grinding 8 slots of players
    "Our light will bring the dawning of a new hope!" ~ Petros Fordring -The Order of Mundus
    - VR16 Imperial Dragonknight (DC -NA) & The One Handed Tank
  • Tyr
    Tyr
    ✭✭✭✭
    So roughly how long does it take to earn a CP during actual gameplay when Update 6 comes out?

They have said ~1 per Enlightened hour of play or ~4 unenlightened.
    Paul Sage had also mentioned that some players were spending 20+ hours per VR rank, so if you gain XP faster than the average player you'll be able to get several per hour of gameplay probably.
  • Tyr
    Tyr
    ✭✭✭✭
    TheLaw wrote: »
    Not bad...still I feel like I've wasted a lot of time leveling x3 Vr14 toons (pre xp nerf), but oh well. I'll take what I can get.

We were probably never going to get a cap much higher than this so maybe a couple hundred hours of gameplay wasted at most.
  • Darklord_Tiberius
    Darklord_Tiberius
    ✭✭✭✭

Point me to one player with 8 vr14s. Then have them add up their in game time and I promise you it doesn't pass my time with one vr14. I bet you do not even come close to having 8 vr14s, yet you are on here complaining about their system which is a compromise to the original 30CP. I guess some people always feel the need to complain, regardless of what they are given.
  • Inklings
    Inklings
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is what players get for being greedy and grinding 8 slots of players

Why do so many of you want to punish players for playing the game. Leveling a character is not being greedy. Having more then 1 vr14 should not be a punishment.
  • Nhilandra77
    Nhilandra77
    ✭✭
    I am extremely pleased with this news as it makes far more sense. It gives a more accurate amount of Cp. now anyone level 1 or 2, get in gear and level up and earn your extra points
This discussion has been closed.