The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Feedback to the Champion System

• Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wonderful! Time for a celebration... Cheese for everyone!
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I knew they were not going to give a flat amount, I just knew it. Now it is good to hear that we will be getting something for the work we have done in the veteran ranks.

I also like that I don't have to grind my VR12 plus up to VR14, that my VR6 and VR5 will give me CPs. Of course now I need to work on the 3 characters to see if I can get close to the total 70 CPS that will be offered out.

EDIT: I am already at the cap with my 3 VR Characters.
    Edited by Nestor on January 9, 2015 9:56PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• jeevin
    jeevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm subbed again. Thanks for the change of heart :D
  • Lavum
    Lavum
    ✭✭✭
    I find it rather amazing people are so excited about this. The reason for this is because we have been lied to every time a new update of "How it's going to be" comes out. I for one am rather disenchanted with the dev's for saying we could bank xp then pulling a "Gotcha! We lied!". I am waiting till 1.6 actually releases and seeing what happens after that before I put on my dancing shoes and pop open a bottle of bubbly LOL
    Don't say -"Cash Grab" when it is a "Cash Grab" by ZoS. Apparently "Cash Grab" is not PC.
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, this is good.

Really good.
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

• JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well done @ZOS_GinaBruno‌ you have made people very happy with this, and it shows how much Zenimax listens to the player base. Kudos.
    Edited by JD2013 on January 9, 2015 9:49PM
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • Heruthema
    Heruthema
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lavum wrote: »
    I find it rather amazing people are so excited about this. The reason for this is because we have been lied to every time a new update of "How it's going to be" comes out. I for one am rather disenchanted with the dev's for saying we could bank xp then pulling a "Gotcha! We lied!". I am waiting till 1.6 actually releases and seeing what happens after that before I put on my dancing shoes and pop open a bottle of bubbly LOL

Seriously? Lighten up and enjoy the game.
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To the community.. just a reminder.. More than likely, this also means you are getting the reward you would have gotten for having VR levels in the update after this when VR levels go away. PLEASE do not whine then also about, "we lost all that XP" at that time. You are getting your reward front-loaded.
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • Heruthema
    Heruthema
    ✭✭✭✭
    Darlgon wrote: »
    To the community.. just a reminder.. More than likely, this also means you are getting the reward you would have gotten for having VR levels in the update after this when VR levels go away. PLEASE do not whine then also about, "we lost all that XP" at that time. You are getting your reward front-loaded.

That is probably true but they had to do something to appease the people who could not wait until 1.7. I mean 1.6 isn't even out yet. Don't get me wrong I am glad they did it now.
    As far as complaining when 1.7 comes out I think it is unrealistic to think that these some of these same people wont be at the forefront leading another round of bashing.
  • Lavum
    Lavum
    ✭✭✭
    Heruthema wrote: »

Seriously? Lighten up and enjoy the game.

I enjoy the game everyday, but thank you for your concern.
    Also, your incorrect, we are not getting our reward front loaded
    Edited by Lavum on January 9, 2015 10:00PM
    Don't say -"Cash Grab" when it is a "Cash Grab" by ZoS. Apparently "Cash Grab" is not PC.
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Darlgon wrote: »
    @ZoS_GinaBruno Thanks for the clarification. Sadly, brings up the question of, did you also raise the max in-game Champion Points? I was thinking the 30 was not a large, but still measurable percentage of max, but this more than doubles it. (Cant find the post with stated max atm. 1200 CP? down from 3300?) And, sorry, but while you are at it, is the real max of CP open-ended, so that you can get more than the stated max when more content is added?

In ESO Live they said you would be able to max out the system eventually. Each star has 100 points, each constellation has 4 stars you can place points into and there are nine constellations.

So . . .100 x 4 x 9 = 3600 points. They are giving away less than 2% of the system at 70 CP at launch.
    Edited by Dominoid on January 9, 2015 9:58PM
  • nikolaj.lemcheb16_ESO
    nikolaj.lemcheb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is definitely an improvement, but it still means that my V8 alt is still on hold because I already have a V14 and those Caldwell quests are gone forever if I use them before the patch.

So in order to get champion points or the caldwell content you still have to NOT level up your alts.
  • GunemCleric
    GunemCleric
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you, this is significantly more reasonable. I have 2 v14s, but I can live with this as being significantly more fair to those of us playing a long time.

Edit:

And Thank You for listening to our concerns
    Edited by GunemCleric on January 9, 2015 10:09PM
    Gunerm Cleric ~ Dragon Knight, Tank ~ vr14
    Cruleg Nimec ~ Dragon Knight, DPS ~ vr14
    Gunem Cleric ~ Templar, Heals ~ vr3
    Cleric Gunem ~ Sorcerer, TBD ~ vr1
    Daggerfall Covenant (only) ~ NA
    Guts n Glory & Guts n Glory EOC ~ Guildmaster ~ GnG ~ MMO Dark Guild
    Daggerfall Cosa Nostra ~ Founder ~ DCN ~ DC guild leaders only (no cross faction PvP guilds)
  • lygerseye
    lygerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You think they were purposely trying to deceive you? It appears to me they realized their original plan wasn't going to work right. Better to make changes than release a broken system.

You don't handle change very well. You also may need to reevaluate your definition of the word "lie".

Be grateful they even bothered to tell us in the first place! Most software devs wouldn't bother.
  • kosac
    kosac
    ✭✭✭
    If you have multiple Veteran Rank characters, you will receive credit for each Veteran Rank upon logging into each character (provided the account has not reached 70 Champion Points given out in the conversion).

ehm rly? :( you *** me.. bye..
  • Lavum
    Lavum
    ✭✭✭
    I think they do what all software companies do.
    Change is fine, and my definition is spot on. But thank you for your input.

Also, weather good or bad most of the games i've played if they said they were going to do something, they did it. It was far enough in the planning a new change every week wasn't needed.
  • Sylvyr
    Sylvyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nicely done. Seems fair and well thought out. Thank you for taking the time to digest feedback and adjust.
    Badge: Wall-of-Text GRANDMASTER

PvP: Patch Vs. Player

ZoSence (n.):
    1) What is reasonable or comprehensive using ZoS logic. "That makes ZoSense"
    2) Making zero sense. "That makes ZoSense"
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Question: For the conversion only, 200,000 XP = 1 CP according to the original post. What will the CP earning rate be once 1.6 goes live? Did I miss this part?
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • Nybling
    Nybling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh good christ.

In our last feedback session, Eric Wrobel said that testing for Trial content was balanced around people with 30 champion points. What does this mean for content post 1.6? Are you guys changing how things are being balanced now, or are things going to become slightly less difficult because now we instantly start with more than double the amount of Champion Points?
    Member, Entropy Rising
    - Beta Tester since March 2013.
    - Psijic Tester since October 2013
    - Veteran Rank 16 once upon a time
  • Cazic
    Cazic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This sounds great. Kudos to you ZoS for responding to player feedback and adjusting. Keep up the good work!
  • Xupacabra
    Xupacabra
    ✭✭✭
    Bring it on...
    Chupacabra with rage @ EU server AD faction Thornblade home
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    lygerseye wrote: »

You think they were purposely trying to deceive you? It appears to me they realized their original plan wasn't going to work right. Better to make changes than release a broken system.

You don't handle change very well. You also may need to reevaluate your definition of the word "lie".

Be grateful they even bothered to tell us in the first place! Most software devs wouldn't bother.

A lot of people in here also don't pay subs to games by those devs.
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
  • WolfingHour
    WolfingHour
    ✭✭✭✭
    Great stuff! Thank you for the update. :smiley:
  • Lavum
    Lavum
    ✭✭✭
    Nybling wrote: »
    Oh good christ.

In our last feedback session, Eric Wrobel said that testing for Trial content was balanced around people with 30 champion points. What does this mean for content post 1.6? Are you guys changing how things are being balanced now, or are things going to become slightly less difficult because now we instantly start with more than double the amount of Champion Points?

Was 30 considered the "average" for players in that particular trial?
  • radiostar
    radiostar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahhh, no worries about going past V14 anymore. Hooray! :smile:
    "Billions upon Billions of Stars"
  • Guppet
    Guppet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Erm, is the math not a bit off, in some of the examples. If the first VR level does not generate CP a VR 14 only has 13 levels that generate CP, so they should get 65 CP. You actually need to be VR14 with an extra 1,000,000XP to get 70 CP.
  • Amdirial
    Amdirial
    ✭✭
    This is absolutely great news, I've spent the last few weeks defending the "give it time the system isn't even released yet. Lets see what ZOS says after they read the feed back"

I have re-subbed to the game and I'm having a blast again. Its not so much that I am unaware of bugs / issues but the fact that I honestly feel that ZOS is a company that has made mistakes but at least they've owned their mistakes and made changes etc. I can't think of another company that has done that.

Again awesome news !!!
  • onlinegamer1
    onlinegamer1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This change by ZoS isn't possible, because when I posted about it, I was told its "set in stone" and "our opinions don't matter" and we're all just "whiny cry babies."

:D

Thanks, Gina.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Guppet wrote: »
    Erm, is the math not a bit off, in some of the examples. If the first VR level does not generate CP a VR 14 only has 13 levels that generate CP, so they should get 65 CP. You actually need to be VR14 with an extra 1,000,000XP to get 70 CP.

Yes, that's correct. Remember that when you first hit VR14, though, it will appear as though your bar is completely full. If you hover over the bar, you'll be able to see how far into VR14 you are. It's a little confusing, but in order to get the full 70 points you'll need to actually go past VR14 a bit, in a sense.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • MasterWarrior
    MasterWarrior
    ✭✭✭
    So roughly how long does it take to earn a CP during actual gameplay when Update 6 comes out?
This discussion has been closed.