Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO Live - Ask Us Anything!

• michalmack
    michalmack
    ✭✭✭
    When is psijic ambrosia coming to consoles.
  • rowanwatkins3
    Hi! Are there any plans involving Winterhold and the College of Winterhold or has there been any discussion about it at ZOS? I would really like to see a magic school like it and it could be a great opportunity for roleplay.
  • keonimeyer
    Could werewolf transformation be toggable much like the sorcerer's ultimate? Aka UNLIMITED POWAAAAAAAAAAAA!
  • SLy_Kyti
    SLy_Kyti
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for taking the time to answer some of our questions.

Can you estimate the download size of the content that includes Imperial City? Some of us may need to get new Hard Drives in preparation.

Will the new content be made available to test on the PTS or is it going straight to Live?

Do you have future plans to bring back Chat help or phone support on the Support Help page?

Can you estimate how many support (not bug) tickets you receive a day?

Will there be a new plushie to keep my Netch warm? She's getting jealous of the Guar & Mudcrab.
    Master Crafter: Almost all motifs
    GM~ Blades of Old Tamriel NA/AD
    Member~ NZAD
    Member~ Blades of Vengeance NA/AD
    -Tamriel College -Amazing Deals of Nirn-
  • Nighn_9
    Nighn_9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will the items in the Undaunted chests scale up to Veteran 16? Also, will all items in instances such as Mages Guild, Fighters Guild, and Main Quest be scaled up to Veteran 14 or Veteran 16?
    NA / PC
    November Beta 2013
    WEBSITE LINK MY TWITCH
    WEBSITE LINK MY YOUTUBE
  • Shamel116
    Shamel116
    In The Templars Skill Tree , Dawn's Wrath , a skill called Sun Fire Says it give the caster a spell critical bonus on activation.... But it doesn't. When will you fix that?
  • Bleakraven
    Bleakraven
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ace-2112 wrote: »
    There is this one "person" that EVERY night is blasting "music" at a (seemingly random) crafting station.
    Yes, please let us mute someone with the circular menu right away. Some people are just asocial and keep on blasting music or are just unaware they are breathing onto the microphone.

• kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for getting the information out about the imperial city, looks exciting, I have one question.

But be on your guard—enemy Alliance members lurk around every corner throughout the Imperial Districts and Sewers. Should you fall to an enemy player, they can claim your hard-earned Tel Var Stones in their own quest for glory.

You think allowing other players to loot another player is a good idea ?, My 18+ years of mmo experience UO, and many other mmo's tells me this is a bad idea and opens up nothing but griefing, pve'ers already will not like the fact they have to enter a pvp zone, and to have someone steal their hard earned stones, they will never return.

I really hope the balance pass you have in the works really does make a difference, with the current state of intsajibb and the pain train, will drive many players out of these small spaces, and end up rewarding those that exploit broken game mechanics.
  • Zachy_B
    Zachy_B
    ✭✭✭
    Do you think that collectibles like mounts and pets will ever be a rare drop? Because that would be awesome
  • MangoSsk
    MangoSsk
    ✭✭✭
    Good Afternoon,

1. Will there be larger party dungeons as the game progresses? Party of 4 Dungeon to Party of 8 Dungeon?
    2. Will Cyrodil have mini game modes to keep the war going? Or will a force capture whole map and sit on people's corspes as they walk outside their gates?
    3. Will there be any talk of armor/clothing customization? Customization alone rises player's activity time up to an hour per player and gives the player something to do while waiting for dungeon group finders.

Thank You & Have A Great Day.
    I Demand A Trial By Combat... - Tyrion Lannister

PS4 NA PSN: MangoSsk
    Veteran Rank 4 Aldmeri Dominion Nord Dragonknight (Tank)
    Veteran Rank 1 Aldmeri Dominion Breton Templar (Battle Healer)
    Veteran Rank 1 Ebonheart Pact Breton Templar (Healer)
    Veteran Rank 1 Daggerfall Covenant Nightblade (Magika DPS)
    Veteran Rank 9 Daggerfall Covenant Nightblade (Stamina DPS)
    LvL46 Blacksmithing
    LvL46 Enchanting
    LvL32 Clothing
    LvL30 Wood Working
  • Dcaliber
    Dcaliber
    ✭✭✭
    Do we have to engage in PvP to do PvE in the Imperial City?

Is the Imperial city always open for each faction? Or must one faction control a certain amount of keeps to enter, as previously stated last year.
    "Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination"
    -Mark Twain
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dcaliber wrote: »
    Do we have to engage in PvP to do PvE in the Imperial City?

Is the Imperial city always open for each faction? Or must one faction control a certain amount of keeps to enter, as previously stated last year.
    @Dcaliber You don't "have to", but like the rest of Cyrodiil, Imperial City is PvP-enabled. They haven't yet decided how access is going to work, and will be testing different ideas on PTS:
    Enodoc wrote: »
    So a question for either @ZOS_GinaBruno or @ZOS_BrianWheeler - does the paywall mean that ownership of specific keeps in Cyrodiil to gain access is no longer on the agenda?

On PTS we will be testing access the following access rules and deciding if certain campaigns have different Access rules or be universal across all Campaigns:
    • Everyone has Access
    • Access granted by owning your native 6 keeps
    • Access granted by owning your native 6 keeps + 1 enemy keep
    • Access granted by owning the majority of keeps

For clarification, "Access" means the doors in Cyrodiil around Lake Rumare (non slaughterfish side) that let you into the Sewers/City will let you click on them to go into the Sewers/City or not. These entrances will also be highlighted on your Cyrodiil map.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • logesaurus
    logesaurus
    Soul Shriven
    With the imperial city DLC and the Veteran ranks experience to level being decreased. Will the players who have achieved ranks get that 15% from previous ranks towards the next ranks or will it be more of a good job now the next ranks are easier to get?
  • michalmack
    michalmack
    ✭✭✭
    How can the Imperial City be pvp if u restrict access at all?
  • BuggeX
    BuggeX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    michalmack wrote: »

The Player who are allready in, doesnt get kicked out if they lose the Access, you will have to do this :p
    Edited by BuggeX on July 16, 2015 6:04AM
    #makemagickadkgreataigan
    #givemeaexecute
    #ineedheal
    #betterhotfixgrindspots
  • michalmack
    michalmack
    ✭✭✭
    BuggeX wrote: »

The Player who are allready in, doesnt get kicked out if they lose the Access, you will have to do this :p

That would limit the pvp action to basically nothing. Maybe 20 minutes to clear out the city after 2 or 3 hours of taking the keeps. Not to mention the campaigns that the six keeps rarely ever switch hands. The percentage of time this area will actually be pvp will be so low if that is the case.
  • jim.chronous_ESO
    jim.chronous_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Since update 6 with the changes to buffs and how they cannot stack, the only useful potions seem to be tri-pots. Are there any plans to change this so that other potions will be useful again?
  • Xinz'r
    Xinz'r
    ✭✭✭
    My question is: "Do you plan to make poisons usable on someone else besides ourselves? Like in previous Elder Scrolls games?"
    ▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
    JOIN BLACKROSE CARTEL!
    ▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BuggeX wrote: »
    That would limit the pvp action to basically nothing. Maybe 20 minutes to clear out the city after 2 or 3 hours of taking the keeps. Not to mention the campaigns that the six keeps rarely ever switch hands. The percentage of time this area will actually be pvp will be so low if that is the case.
    @michalmack Not if they go with the proposed "6 Home Keeps" situation, because every alliance can own all their home keeps at the same time.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • randolphbenoit
    randolphbenoit
    ✭✭✭✭
    Will there be a Akaviri motif added to the game? If yes, will be a part of a patch or DLC and when?
    the NeXus Guild (NA-DC-Crafters) contact @randolphbenoit - Currently Allies to Fairy Tail of Tamriel (Social) and Brave Kore (DC PvP). https://twitter.com/randolphbenoit

Saltrice - (Salt tolerant rice) Saltrice, pronounced just like it looks is, in fact, a kind of rice that can grow in paddies of either fresh or brackish water.
  • keonimeyer
    Will there be a Akaviri motif added to the game? If yes, will be a part of a patch or DLC and when?

I could also see it being part of the crown store if anything. That being said, my question for zenimax: will there be mounts that allow more then one person to ride on? Also, will there be zone chat for console version?
  • michalmack
    michalmack
    ✭✭✭
    How many traits are we going to have to have resurched to craft the 3 new sets in the imperial city?
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello, thanks for answering one of my questions last week!

I have a few more and these are for the combat lead Eric Wroebel.

1. Really excited to see new gear come out. Have you also made changes to existing dropped/crafted sets to make the ones few people use (like the Elegance and Shalidor's Curse sets) more competitive and appealing?

2. Revealing flare was a good idea for a skill, but has a very narrow focus and is not very good at its intended function (it compares very poorly with caltrops). I think every PvP player would agree with that and we agree on nothing! Are there any plans on revisiting this skill?

3. Have I ever "Jesus Beamed" you :smiley:
    Edited by Joy_Division on July 16, 2015 2:55PM
  • Bobsicle529
    Bobsicle529
    Soul Shriven
    Is anyone else having problems connecting to the game after chosing your character? So far i've been told that it's an interenet problem. Any advice to fixing it?
  • Slonekb05
    Slonekb05
    ✭✭✭
    Any chance of these in DLC patch or future updates?

Base PVP campaigns?- meaning Armor/lv/CP make no difference, only the abilities you have on your skill bar and player skill matter. Base PVP= Fair PVP for all.

Controlled PVP? Arena of some kind that you can queue up and have 1v1 -4v4 battles

Instance delvs/dungeons? (read below)

Difficulty options? (read below)

Summary: First off i love the game, having said that there are some issues.This post is only commenting on LV's 1-50, I'm not Vet rank so i cannot comment personally on that yet, Please don't reply with "LV 1-50 is easy mode, it gets harder at Vet ranks!", (maybe it will, probably not though) I understand that and its part of my point, why do i have to wait so long for the game to pose a challenge?. Firstly the game's LV1-50 feels like a single player game with other players running around getting in your way. Right now what we have is a MMO with no need for other ppl. Outside of a group dungeon, the content is so easy its down right trivial, you don't ever "need" to group, so players just become annoying/unnecessary to come across. This lack of difficulty also makes you not even care about what your doing on a quest, you almost get the mentality of "well, lets just get this over with." A difficulty increase is needed so players are a welcomed site rather than a buzz kill ruining your dungeons. Lv 1-50 has so much good content but seems wasted because of this, I understand being able to Solo, but Solo everything with ease? if you want to go that direction, give us an option for instance delvs/dungeons. In fact ESO already has LV scaling/instances, in main story/group dungeons. Just needs expanded upon further.

1. PVE difficulty .
    This is a huge issue, while the story is good, the combat is no challenge at all. There is no reason to have to make tactical choices based on if your playing solo or in duo/group. You can slap any skills together with any base equipment and be a god(Example: able to kill 3-4mobs at a time that are 5 Lv's higher than you, Even able to kill 1-2 mobs at a time 15-20lvs higher). You need to be able to choose an option to level scale quests/dungeons/increase or decrease difficultly of quests, this will allow players to customize there own experience and would also make lower zones/quests worth while to all Lv's (There is the occasional good fight, which is what i would love to see a lot more of) Player's Gimping themselves by playing naked is not the answer, and should be a humongous red flag !

2. Adding Instance dungeons.
    Yes this is an MMO and you expect to see players roaming the world. But what ends up happening is you walk into a random dungeon and are met with 4 players already inside who have cleared the enemy's and boss away. I cant tell you how often i am in a duo with my brother and i say this phrase" Lets give it 3-4min, 4players just ran through" My suggestion is add an option so that each dungeon (All Dungeons/Delvs) that requires you to zone into them, Can be played Public (default) or in a Instance (solo/group). When You go to zone in it should prompt you with a choice.This option would also work in conjunction with the difficulty setting. Each player could scale a quest/delve to a higher or lower difficulty setting, accommodating everyone.

Thank you for your time.
    Edited by Slonekb05 on July 16, 2015 6:27PM
  • ckbud
    ckbud
    ✭✭✭
    Is there anyway to upgrade my existing gear like Monster Helms to VR16? Or do I have to regrind all the VET dungeons after reaching VR16?

Will VDSA and Trials now scale to the leader's level so when we're VR16, we can run these and get VR16 drops?

• Khumbu
    Khumbu
    ✭✭✭
    When is the Clouded Senche coming out? :) You guys can have all of my dollars for that one.
  • Wicked_Wolf
    Wicked_Wolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. A few episodes back you guys mentioned you were working on adding the armor from the three trailer characters into the store as costumes. Is there a timeframe of when this is expected to release?

2. Can we expect wolves to be added as pets at anytime in the future?

3. Are there plans to add any cross faction dungeons/content, where we could work together against a common threat?

4. Any updates as to when we can expect a barber shop and/or race changes?

5. Would you guys be open to providing us with a method to retain the look of armor sets we like and apply them to other sets like a costume? This way we would still have to work to earn the set we like, but can use the look on another set once we have "outgrown" them. Obviously armor restrictions would apply like heavy to heavy, medium to medium, light to light etc.

6. Could we dye costumes at some point?

Thank you in advance for taking the time to read and address!
  • Tanis-Stormbinder
    Tanis-Stormbinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If The crafting materials found in Imperial City can used to craft VR 15 and VR 16 gear at any crafting bench. Will the materials to convert crafted sets to legendary quality also drop from mod's? And on the July 2nd ESO Live, Eric Wrobel stated the Mages Fury damage will be increased by 10%. Now is that damage increase take effect after the target reaches execute range or a base damage increase of 10%? Any ETA on Barber Shop, name and racial changes?
    Edited by Tanis-Stormbinder on July 16, 2015 10:13PM
  • Sabaticus
    Sabaticus
    ✭✭
    Question:

Will there be Solo content in Imperial City without PvP attacks?
    Edited by Sabaticus on July 16, 2015 11:26PM
This discussion has been closed.