ESO Live - Ask Us Anything!

• Ixtyr
    Ixtyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought the imperial edition, but I do not have access to the any race in any alliance feature.

Buying the Imperial Edition has never included the Any Race, Any Faction item. That was initially a pre-order bonus back during ESO's PC launch in 2014, but has since been added to the Crown Store as a part of the Adventurer's Pack (1900 Crowns). It includes all of the other "pre-order bonus" items, like assorted Treasure Maps and a vanity pet.
    Ixtyr Falavir - Bosmer Nightblade - Daggerfall Covenant
    Reya Falavir - Dunmer Nightblade - Aldmeri Dominion
    Kaylin Falavir - Dunmer Nightblade - Ebonheart Pact
    ---
    Alyna Falavir - Dunmer Dragonknight - Daggerfall Covenant
    Aernah Falavir - Altmer Templar - Daggerfall Covenant
    Aranis Falavir - Bosmer Sorcerer - Daggerfall Covenant
    Aerin Falavir - Bosmer Warden - Daggerfall Covenant
    Rhys Falavir - Orc Sorcerer - Aldmeri Dominion
    Rhiannon Falavir - Altmer Templar - Aldmeri Dominion
    Nenara Falavir - Argonian Warden - Aldmeri Dominion
    Neera Falavir - Orc Warden - Aldmeri Dominion
    ---
    The Ska'vyn Exchange - Guild Master
    Vehemence - Officer
    Nightfighters - Member
    -
    Ømni - Guild Master (Retired)
    ---
    Moderator of /r/elderscrollsonline
    Options
  • edudez
    edudez
    Soul Shriven
    Will this beauty of a game be getting any type of in-game clock soon?
    Options
  • Areso1
    Areso1
    Will you eventually fix the tanking role in eso so there's more taunts and can actually keep aggro
    Options
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nighn_9 wrote: »
    Why doesn't the "Fleshy Symbiont" trophy drop? I have tried many times to obtain the drop, but no luck... Is this a bug?

No, this is called "bad luck".

I just got one of these the other day, so it very clearly does drop. But hey, that's RNG.
    Options
  • Asha_Veor
    Asha_Veor
    ✭✭✭
    In Pvp, Communication is a key factor to success for your faction

On the PC, while we all had to deal with the zone chat trolls, we could use it for faction wide communication and coordination

There is no such function on the console,

Area chat cannot even cover communication from the west side of a keep to the east side of the keep

This makes communicating with your faction members VERY difficult, It makes having organized faction pvp a pipe dream.

Its at the point where the guilds I've ran with lately, have been talking about using teamspeak and chat boards on other devices instead of your in game voice chat. Especially with how often the voice chat trips out and either wont let people see the group channel, or tells them the chat is down entirely, when the whole rest of the group is using it.

How do you plan on addressing this issue?

Will you consider a Zone chat text box?
    Plenty of us have chat pads, Smart glass, or usb keyboards hooked up to be able to use such a function.

-Sincerely, TwilightPanther
    Asha_Veor TwilightPanther
    Options
  • BigMac_Smiley
    BigMac_Smiley
    ✭✭✭
    Germal wrote: »
    Asha_Veor wrote: »
    In Pvp, Communication is a key factor to success for your faction

On the PC, while we all had to deal with the zone chat trolls, we could use it for faction wide communication and coordination

There is no such function on the console,

Area chat cannot even cover communication from the west side of a keep to the east side of the keep

This makes communicating with your faction members VERY difficult, It makes having organized faction pvp a pipe dream.

Its at the point where the guilds I've ran with lately, have been talking about using teamspeak and chat boards on other devices instead of your in game voice chat. Especially with how often the voice chat trips out and either wont let people see the group channel, or tells them the chat is down entirely, when the whole rest of the group is using it.

How do you plan on addressing this issue?

Will you consider a Zone chat text box?
    Plenty of us have chat pads, Smart glass, or usb keyboards hooked up to be able to use such a function.

-Sincerely, TwilightPanther
    I Second this!
    Options
  • xNaughtyNinjax
    Why do Bezerker werewolves not turn black with red eyes when it says multiple places and shows pictures that it is supposed to.
    Options
  • SocialAssassin
    SocialAssassin
    ✭✭✭
    I'm new to the forums, so bear with me.

So why can I only delete 3 characters ? It doesn't really make any sense? Other then characters are tied into other characters , I only have 8 slots total . Most MMO's allow unlimited characters , or is this a pay thing. Yep! I wish I knew before I started cranking out characters ? Or is this because of cybersquating.

I can't wait till I hear, this answer lol! :*
    “I’m The Best There Is At What I Do. But What I Do Isn't Very Nice…” - Wolverine/Logan/James Howlett
    Options
  • randolphbenoit
    randolphbenoit
    ✭✭✭✭
    @SocialAssassin it is delete 3 characters max per day I believe.
    the NeXus Guild (NA-DC-Crafters) contact @randolphbenoit - Currently Allies to Fairy Tail of Tamriel (Social) and Brave Kore (DC PvP). https://twitter.com/randolphbenoit

Saltrice - (Salt tolerant rice) Saltrice, pronounced just like it looks is, in fact, a kind of rice that can grow in paddies of either fresh or brackish water.
    Options
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So why can I only delete 3 characters ? It doesn't really make any sense? Other then characters are tied into other characters , I only have 8 slots total . Most MMO's allow unlimited characters , or is this a pay thing. Yep! I wish I knew before I started cranking out characters ? Or is this because of cybersquating.

It was done to combat the massive amount of goldsellers / bots that were present around the time of PC launch who would roll characters, spam chat, delete character and make another before you could try to report them. It was just one of many different measures that were taken by ZOS back then to curb that type of behavior.

There aren't really any goldseller spammers hanging about anymore (on PC), so it probably worked well enough. As I recall, it was pretty much right after they implemented this change that the vast majority of them disappeared.
    Options
  • SocialAssassin
    SocialAssassin
    ✭✭✭
    @SocialAssassin it is delete 3 characters max per day I believe.

Thanks for that info, is their any way to confirm that for sure?

“I’m The Best There Is At What I Do. But What I Do Isn't Very Nice…” - Wolverine/Logan/James Howlett
    Options
  • SocialAssassin
    SocialAssassin
    ✭✭✭
    Varicite wrote: »

It was done to combat the massive amount of goldsellers / bots that were present around the time of PC launch who would roll characters, spam chat, delete character and make another before you could try to report them. It was just one of many different measures that were taken by ZOS back then to curb that type of behavior.

There aren't really any goldseller spammers hanging about anymore (on PC), so it probably worked well enough. As I recall, it was pretty much right after they implemented this change that the vast majority of them disappeared.

Ok, thanks for that answer :]
    Options
  • urcookieismine
    urcookieismine
    Soul Shriven
    Is there an estimated time of when the quest "Prisoner of Jathsogur" will be patched for those of us in the Aldmeri Dominion? Specifically the part where you need to defend the Silvenar in the keep. It really is disappointing that a quest in the main story line has such a serious bug and halts progress on the story...
    Options
  • BuggeX
    BuggeX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    is there a limited amount of skillpoints you can get or is it unlimited

~330 Skillpoints aviable - require rang 50 in alliance war
    #makemagickadkgreataigan
    #givemeaexecute
    #ineedheal
    #betterhotfixgrindspots
    Options
  • Wheelhouse413
    Console - specific questions (PS4)

1 - Will text chat ever be implemented? If yes, when? If no, why not? Also if no, will the voice chat options be expanded to be more useful - like being able to be in BOTH guild AND party chat? I know 2-channel (2 listen, 1 talk) is possible as I'm auto-forced into area chat every time I zone (and area chat is mostly littered with noise pollution garbage that I generally never want to hear - please stop auto-adding me).

2 - Does the group finder work?

3 - Damage numbers, xp numbers, buff icons - basic MMO stuff - any of these things planned to be added? Console doesn't have the option to use addons to "fix" these missing things, so it would be nice if they were added.

4 - Alliance Campaign lag - any hope it gets better?

Thanks for reading.
    Options
  • technovid
    technovid
    Looking for some answers on what's going on with Prisoner Of Jathsogur for us Dominion people. When is a patch coming so we can actually move on with our questing?
    Options
  • keonimeyer
    technovid wrote: »
    Looking for some answers on what's going on with Prisoner Of Jathsogur for us Dominion people. When is a patch coming so we can actually move on with our questing?

Thank you, I'm having the same problem I've done every quest from khenarthis roost to reapers march including coldharbour, but how am I suppose to get my hero of the dominion title and achievment if I can't pass this quest.
    Options
  • Shinova
    Shinova
    Is it possible for game updates, to start doing a background download before the whole package goes live? Saving players waiting for a download that sometimes will take longer depending on peak hours.
    Options
  • teufeurgaga13
    teufeurgaga13
    Soul Shriven
    Bonjour
    Y aurait-il une mise à jour de prévue afin d'intégrer des quêtes pour rejoindre la confrérie noire et la guilde des voleurs ? Et si oui quand ? Merci
    Options
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there an estimate on when Vet Ranks will be removed? This year, next year, further?
    I'm a man of few words. Any questions?
    NA/PC server
    Options
  • Gorthax
    Gorthax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom when will you guys introduce hand to hand/unarmed skill tree? I have lots of friends who want to play (12 to be exact) but refuse to because this game does not allow for unarmed combat. Why did you decide to not include this in the game? Please dont say "because it is to hard" because it really isnt and that is just a cop out answer.

Do I expect this question to be asked on tomorrows ESO live....probably not....which is because it doesnt glorify the game in anyway, or is not a "stupid" question that can have a cookie cutter response. Oh well, I look forward to hearing all the silly cherry picked questions you guys answer instead of the real questions people have.
    Options
    Soul Shriven
    Console - specific questions (PS4)

1 - Will text chat ever be implemented? If yes, when? If no, why not? Also if no, will the voice chat options be expanded to be more useful - like being able to be in BOTH guild AND party chat? I know 2-channel (2 listen, 1 talk) is possible as I'm auto-forced into area chat every time I zone (and area chat is mostly littered with noise pollution garbage that I generally never want to hear - please stop auto-adding me).

2 - Does the group finder work?

3 - Damage numbers, xp numbers, buff icons - basic MMO stuff - any of these things planned to be added? Console doesn't have the option to use addons to "fix" these missing things, so it would be nice if they were added.

4 - Alliance Campaign lag - any hope it gets better?

Thanks for reading.

Great questions. Many are interested in these answers. An actual text chat would greatly reduce the reliance on the group finder.

Second, will there be an option to comprehensively remap the actions on the controller? The default layout is pretty cumbersome.
    Options
  • Uberkull
    Uberkull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    478874 wrote: »

Second, will there be an option to comprehensively remap the actions on the controller? The default layout is pretty cumbersome.

How would you improve over the two default layouts? I can assign any skills to any buttons other than the triggers. So what needs to be improved?

If you are Xbox One, you could just wait for the Elite Xbox Controller coming in October and map till the cows come home.
    ▬ஜ Seeds of War, Piles of Skulls ஜ▬
    ▬▬▬ஜ twitch.tv/uberkull ஜ▬▬▬
    Options
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    uberkull wrote: »
    478874 wrote: »

How would you improve over the two default layouts? I can assign any skills to any buttons other than the triggers. So what needs to be improved?

If you are Xbox One, you could just wait for the Elite Xbox Controller coming in October and map till the cows come home.

I don't like doing light / heavy attacks w/ trigger buttons, for starters. But there's plenty of things that could be customized.

What does it matter how HE wants to set it up? The only thing that really matters is that he is unhappy w/ the controller layout for the game and unable to change it, and many others feel the same way.
    Options
  • edudez
    edudez
    Soul Shriven
    Why doesn't the active effect have an option where we can put them on the bottom left screen or something its crazy I gotta go to the character tab just to see how much time I have left on a skill buff
    Options
  • DovresMalven
    DovresMalven
    ✭✭✭
    Any thoughts on master crafters having a high level passive that allows them to repair their own gear? (PS I LOVE YOU ZENI)
    Dovres Malven
    - Aldmeri Dominion
    Options
  • Echo3Kilo
    Echo3Kilo
    Soul Shriven
    Any updates on the mail system? I have no spaces in my gamertag, ESO login or character name and I'm still unable to send or receive mail to friends with the same name criteria. Even when we're grouped, on friends list and standing directly in front of each other. I'd love to be able to send things to friends without them cluttering my inventory space until the next time I'm able to meet them or they're back online. Thanks
    Options
  • Fellhand_ESO
    Fellhand_ESO
    ✭✭
    I would like to ask why there was so much time and effort put into making combat animations feel more realistic when players are told they need to animation cancel in order to stand a chance in endgame content? Many battles in the Dragonstar Arena, Vet Dungeons, Trials and PvP have lost their immersion due to the fact that players look like they are having seizures rather than actually fighting mobs/each other.

Also is it possible that the near simultaneous inputs created from using animation cancelling and macros contribute to the lag problem in PvP?
    Options
  • v3Hunterz
    v3Hunterz
    Soul Shriven
    Will the crown store have more things to buy eventually
    Options
  • randolphbenoit
    randolphbenoit
    ✭✭✭✭
    v3Hunterz wrote: »
    Will the crown store have more things to buy eventually

Yes they stated already more to come!

the NeXus Guild (NA-DC-Crafters) contact @randolphbenoit - Currently Allies to Fairy Tail of Tamriel (Social) and Brave Kore (DC PvP). https://twitter.com/randolphbenoit

Saltrice - (Salt tolerant rice) Saltrice, pronounced just like it looks is, in fact, a kind of rice that can grow in paddies of either fresh or brackish water.
    Options
This discussion has been closed.