The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

The ESO Slang and Abbreviation Dictionary

• DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edited by DoctorESO on July 14, 2018 5:35PM
  • Zalicius
    Zalicius
    ✭✭✭
    Is this updated with all the new dungeon acronyms?
  • Sporigudinai
    Sporigudinai
    ✭✭✭
    What means REZ?
    PC-NA
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What means REZ?

Usually is used for "ressurect", i.e. revive a player during combat.
  • DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why would we do that? Aren't we playing "Dead is Dead"? :)
    Leandor wrote: »
    What means REZ?

Usually is used for "ressurect", i.e. revive a player during combat.

• Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pepe le Pew necro topic
  • asdf0716
    asdf0716
    ✭✭✭
    TFJ68 wrote: »
    I've searched this thread and haven't found a definition for this one: TYFG.

I know it's a way of saying "thank you" and I've seen it several times but I just don't know the second half. Anyone?

It means “thank you for (the) group”.
  • Ippokrates
    Ippokrates
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, they forgot to mention these:

LOL - lots of lags.

OMG - Obsessive Medusa Grinding

CIA - Consoles Irritated by Addons

Etc.

• Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Necro - to post in a thread that is several years old
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Where's all the character skill build type names ? e.g. stamsorc, magblade, etc. Some I've guessed after reading various forum posts, but others continue to puzzle me. It would be nice if someone could add these to the OP.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • oterWitz
    oterWitz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mag- is the prefix for magicka characters, stam- for stamina. Some others include heal-, tank-, HA- (heavy attack), or a specific defining feature of the build like ice-/brittle-, pet- etc.
    The class abbreviation suffixes are:
    -Sorc = Sorcerer
    -DK = Dragonknight
    -Blade/NB = Nightblade
    -Plar = Templar
    -Nerco/Cro = Necromancer
    -Den = Warden.

Let us know if there's still something confusing you or there's something I've missed.
    PC NA
  • irswat
    irswat
    ✭✭✭✭
    PTE - leaving an instance using a series of button presses (p-t-e by default) usually in a no death raid attempt when someone has died. Allows the rest of the group to leave the instance without dying in spite of being in combat.
    The Lord Jesus Christ saved me from sin and darkness. His love has transformed me so that I am a new creature in Him. May you find Him too, and experience His richness and goodness!
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    oterWitz wrote: »
    Mag- is the prefix for magicka characters, stam- for stamina. Some others include heal-, tank-, HA- (heavy attack), or a specific defining feature of the build like ice-/brittle-, pet- etc.
    The class abbreviation suffixes are:
    -Sorc = Sorcerer
    -DK = Dragonknight
    -Blade/NB = Nightblade
    -Plar = Templar
    -Nerco/Cro = Necromancer
    -Den = Warden.

Let us know if there's still something confusing you or there's something I've missed.
    Thanks, I really appreciate the clarification :)
  • ShawnLaRock
    ShawnLaRock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [snip]

S.

Edit: epeen? what year is this? what GAME is this?

PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on August 22, 2021 12:53PM
  • aaisoaho
    aaisoaho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [snip]

S.

Edit: epeen? what year is this? what GAME is this?

PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD

This thread is dated 2015 and a lot of the information is outdated and/or incorrect.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on August 22, 2021 12:53PM
  • oterWitz
    oterWitz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I actually just bothered to go back and read the OP, definitely dated and could even be considered offensive to some. I wonder if @ZOS_Kevin could weigh in as to whether someone would be allowed to start a new one that is up to date and without some of the unnecessary internet slang. A thread like this is pretty important for new players, I read it or a similar website when I started out, and I'm sure many here did the same.
    PC NA
  • Minnesinger
    Minnesinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How Can I Not See Tbag Mentioned?

squat-work-out.gif
    The wind is cold where I live,
    The blizzard is my home,
    Snow and ice and loaded dice, the Wizard lives alone.
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    oterWitz wrote: »
    Yeah I actually just bothered to go back and read the OP, definitely dated and could even be considered offensive to some. I wonder if @ZOS_Kevin could weigh in as to whether someone would be allowed to start a new one that is up to date and without some of the unnecessary internet slang. A thread like this is pretty important for new players, I read it or a similar website when I started out, and I'm sure many here did the same.
    That's exactly why I read this thread, because I'm a relatively new player, having started playing ESO only 4 months ago. I realise that I replied to an old thread, but I couldn't find any others that explained to me the abbreviations and acronyms I didn't already know. A more up to date version of this thread would be great, if someone could find the time to create it :)
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

We have closed this topic as it was originally created in October 2014 and the information may no longer be relevant. In many cases, it's better to create a new thread on a topic that you want to discuss as opposed to bumping one that is rather old.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.