The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

The ESO Slang and Abbreviation Dictionary

• Runefell
    Runefell
    ✭✭✭✭
    'OMW = On my way' is a phrase I've seen several times now while creating groups, and the person I invited is booking it over to our area. It sadly took me a bit to puzzle it out for myself.
    Rune Fell- Dunmer Mag Sorcerer (DC)~The Adventurer
    Runed Claws- Khajiit Stam Dragonknight (DC) ~The Tank
    Rain Fell- Argonian Mag Templar (EP)~ The Healer
    Dragon Talon- Bosmer Stam Nightblade (AD) ~ The DPS

• thesilverball_ESO
    thesilverball_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Great job! Thanks! When this is done (or has progressed a bit) is there any way we can combine it into bullets under one page or something for everyone, perhaps even as it's own official ESO page within this form? I don't know about everyone else but I'd love to be able to reference an official ESO MMO dictionary of terms and acronyms here. I think this is awesome and helpful.
  • asdf0716
    asdf0716
    ✭✭✭
    BLOODPORT - Intentionally running into a pvp resource (mine, farm or lumbermill), opposing faction players and/or a keep/gate with the specific intent of dying so that you can rez at a FC is referred to as "bloodporting"

EFC - "enemy forward camp"
    Edited by asdf0716 on October 31, 2014 12:42AM
  • orcashowb14_ESO
    orcashowb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Another missed abbreviation is G2G for Good To Go or Ready to enter a dungeon or some such. Example: LF1M DPS FG G2G (Looking for one more DPS for Fungal Grotto then Good To Go). It's a good way to let prospective joining group members know that the rest of the group has already vendored junk & repaired their gear.

On the whole a good list. Thanks for posting it.
  • Zorrashi
    Zorrashi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    milthalas wrote: »
    Zorrashi wrote: »
    morvegil wrote: »
    Since when is Ganking frowned upon?
    It's just not classy. A high level player attacking and killing a low level player without provocation? A shameful display I say!
    I always understood ganking as the stealth, big hitting, killshot approach to attacking other players without level being considered. Do other people have the same connotation as I do?

Well, being that it considered more along the lines of slang, I suppose that any number of interpretations could exist. But the particular instance referenced in the OP is when a high level player kills/attacks a low level player.

A similar definition is when a 'gang' of players group up and kill a lone player who essentially has little to no means of defending themselves. Yet another definition is when you repeatedly kill a player (likely camping at his corpse) and does not leave him alone.
  • Elf_Boy
    Elf_Boy
    ✭✭✭
    Zorrashi wrote: »
    morvegil wrote: »
    Since when is Ganking frowned upon?
    It's just not classy. A high level player attacking and killing a low level player without provocation? A shameful display I say!
    I always understood ganking as the stealth, big hitting, killshot approach to attacking other players without level being considered. Do other people have the same connotation as I do?

Like most words I am sure it has more then one usage.

To me it has been a mix of unfairly overpowering weaker players and repeatedly kill them, though I have also used it in terms of the stealth attack - like a really damaging back stab.

To kill another player quickly and in a manor that can not be easily defended from. Often in a situation where the targeted player has little or no ability to threaten the attacking player.
    ** Asus Crosshair VI Hero, Ryzen 1800x, 64GB DDR4 @ 3000, GTX 1080 ti, 4K Samsung 3d Display m.2 Sata 3 Boot Drive, m.2 x4 nvme Game Drive **
  • GnatB
    GnatB
    ✭✭✭✭

IMO, I'd argue that ganking is any form of 1 or more players attacking 1 or more other players in which the defendants don't really have a chance of surviving, and will die almost immediately. Whether that is due to extreme level difference, stealth/1-shot attacks, or overwhelming numbers. (a.k.a. not a fair fight)

Typically though, if it's possible to stealth/1-shot kill an equal level player with reasonable reliability in an RPG, then I'd be of the argument that there's a flaw in the games design.
    Achievements Suck
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Tick" can also apply in PvP to an increase in Alliance Points (AP) ... the term is usually used by the winning Alliance players when there is a long battle or siege.

I've seen "DC" as another alternate abbreviation for Fort Dragonclaw in PvP ... not to be confused with Daggerfall Covenant. Indeed, it is sometimes confusing in itself on the zone chat.

Fantastic thread ... you, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.
  • michaelb14a_ESO2
    michaelb14a_ESO2
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Tick" can also apply in PvP to an increase in Alliance Points (AP) ... the term is usually used by the winning Alliance players when there is a long battle or siege

DEE-TIK!
    Edited by michaelb14a_ESO2 on October 31, 2014 4:57AM
  • Tashira_Ronin
    Tashira_Ronin
    ✭✭✭
    RTS/bounce used to send items to another player and get them to return them to you so they sit in your mail. Useful to have items available on any alt and when doing long dungeons where you don't want to run to the bank. Requires trust.
    NA/PC/DC - played since beta
  • Audigy
    Audigy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thank you @Neizir
  • Scorpionp
    Scorpionp
    Soul Shriven
    Gythral wrote: »
    Lag : Latency issues,
    1 drop in FPS due to:
    a... trying to get a poor PC to run ultra settings in PvP Zergs
    b... trying to push the settings in a city
    c... poor optimisation of code in some areas
    2 server dropping packets
    3 poor internet connection

4 Background *** :P
    European - Daggerfall Covenant

Torean - level 38 Imperial WereWolf DragonKnight - Dual Wield Swords and Sword and Shield
  • Xeres14
    Xeres14
    ✭✭✭
    I have one.

Abbreviation: OMG WTF NOOB L2P!

Translation: Dear fellow ESO player, kindly refrain from standing within red circles thus causing our group to be unsuccessful against this encounter. Thank you.
  • AshySamurai
    AshySamurai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GG - good game (opposite to BG - bad game).
    GJ - good job, great job.
    Make sweetrolls, not nerfs!
  • Stroggnonimus
    Stroggnonimus
    ✭✭✭
    Aeratus wrote: »

You won't see Green/Lime or Orange in PvP... AD works alone.
    [/quote]

LIES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Edited by Stroggnonimus on November 4, 2014 6:20PM
    Whoever said that argonians aren't sexy, is obviously not a sexy argonian.

OG Argonian tank

BLOOD FOR THE PACT !

• asdf0716
    asdf0716
    ✭✭✭
    D Tick - the awarding of AP for the successful defense of a keep/outpost in pvp.
    O Tick - the awarding of AP for the sucessful taking of a keep/outpost or resource in pvp.

Push - in pvp, often times, one side will be said to be "pushing" which is a (sometimes semi-) organized attempt to gain ground or secure an objective. It usually involves gathering as many people in one location as possible before going on the offensive with the intent of defeating an opposing force.

roll/rolled/rolling - the act of routing an opposing force. "We are getting rolled from the left" / "We are rolling their flank"
    Edited by asdf0716 on October 31, 2014 7:44PM
  • Isbilen
    Isbilen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Insects - On the DC side of Thornblade EU this seems to be the new "bananas". The word is used because they are yellow and always come in swarms.
  • Lancillotto
    Lancillotto
    ✭✭✭
    Neizir wrote: »
    Anything I missed, just let me know :smile:

Under Locations:
    UC=Upper Craglorn
  • serenenightmare
    serenenightmare
    ✭✭✭
    A lot of us on DC call EP raspberries.
    v14 Sorcerer: Aerendyl Merith
    Former Empress of Volendrung, first cycle.
    Former Empress of Thornblade, fourth cycle.
    v14 Templar: Aeren-chan
    v1 Dragonknight: Aelrindel Merith
    v1 Nightblade: Arendelle Merith
    No Mercy.
    Aeren Cartel, Best Drugs North America
  • RSram
    RSram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's a link to a PDF I created with most of the terms defined by the posters in this discussion. Feel free to pass it around to guild members, and let me know if there are any issues, or errors in the PDF and I will fix them.

Click here to view PDF File
  • global_gbb16_ESO
    global_gbb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Here is a new one:

Patched = We've broke it.
  • Zaldan
    Zaldan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you forgot PATCH, ability to break the game and interrupt players game experience without consequence ;)
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
    Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Looking into it - running around like headless chickens trying to find a janitor to blame

Be patient - see looking into it, and add we're getting paid no matter how little we care!
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • Kaynehusky
    Kaynehusky
    ✭✭✭
    Syntse wrote: »
    Please ad 'QQ' as I still have no idea what this means...even Google doesn't know lol

QQ is crying... think it tries to illlustrate two eyes with tears.

QQ also used to be the Windows command to "Quit to desktop". When you QQ someone it not only looks like crying eyes, but the original term was "QQ and uninstall", Telling unskilled players to up and leave the game because they are trash. The more you know!
    Edited by Kaynehusky on November 9, 2014 12:09PM
  • viperroos
    viperroos
    ✭✭
    @Neizir‌ Thank you for your efforts this will come in handy because I am new (noob) :)
  • baratron
    baratron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ha, I could have done with this back in March :D.

Though I have to say, I've never heard of "DE" or "Disenchant". It's always been decon, right from when everyone used to trade Level 6 iron daggers because some site worked out they gave the best materials to inspiration ratio ;).
    Guildmaster of the UESP Guild on the North American PC/Mac Server 2200+ CP & also found on the European PC/Mac Server 1700+ CP

These characters are on both servers:
    Alix de Feu - Breton Templar Healer level 50
    Brings-His-Own-Forest - Argonian Warden Healer level 50
    Hrodulf Bearpaw - Nord Warden Bear Friend & identical twin of Bjornolfr level 50
    Jadisa al-Belkarth - Redguard Arcanist looking for a role

NA-only characters:
    Martin Draconis - Imperial Sorceror Healer (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Arzhela Petit - Breton Dragonknight Healer (Daggerfall Covenant) level 50
    Bjornolfr Steel-Shaper - Nord Dragonknight Crafter & Not-Much-Damage Dealer (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Verandis Bloodraven - Altmer Nightblade Healer & clone of Count Verandis Ravenwatch (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Gethin Oakrun - Bosmer Nightblade Thief & terrible Tank (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    TheBull wrote: »
    haha you don't know what PST means. Someone tell him what it means >.>

Pacific Standard Time :P
  • AshySamurai
    AshySamurai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EST - eastern standart time.
    Make sweetrolls, not nerfs!
  • VileIntent
    VileIntent
    ✭✭✭✭
    LONG LIVE THE CHALAMO! May we never forget! :)
    Entropy Rising for life!
    Edited by VileIntent on January 19, 2015 10:03AM
  • jcaceresw
    jcaceresw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some guilds calls AD players as "smurfs" when in PVP.
This discussion has been closed.