Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Should ESO have a global trading system

• purple-magicb16_ESO
    purple-magicb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the system as it is now (including the kiosks).
    System rite now totally supports immersion and I'm all for anything that makes the game seem more realistic even if it means its less convenient.
    I don't comment here often but when I do, I get [snip]
  • Alphashado
    Alphashado
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    sotonin wrote: »
    Alphashado wrote: »
    I don't believe most of the people asking for a global auction house understand what they are asking for. I love a good auction house. Let me make that clear. I have played a long list of MMOs and working the auction house is one of my most enjoyable past times. That being said, I hated the Global System in GW2. This is the same system ESO would be forced to use due to the "mega server" design. Below is just one of many examples why. Taken from the GW2 forum.

"The Black Lion Trading Post is a world-wide economy. Not a single-server auction house. The system takes into account all servers. So if a choice handful of Gold Farms create a barrier by placing several thousand items at exactly 1 silver, the rest of the world-wide economy will have little choice but to follow suit and place items at that price. Most people sell rather blindly without searching, so once a sizable enough barrier has been put in place the item will often remain low in price as long as the barrier remains firm enough to overrun the demand of the item. With botters constantly farming and injecting items into the market at 1 silver, the barrier will likely outmatch the demand of any item at any time because bots can farm non-stop while a market can only consume so much at a time.

Meanwhile, rare items are seeing outrageous hikes in price towards 100+ gold, which for many players is not exactly reasonable in price at all. Quickly the economy is starting to become controlled by a small minority of gamers who are exploiting ArenaNet’s lack of ability to stop them from overrunning the system. The engines driving this economic machine are the bots and the countless accounts at the disposal of these Gold Farmers. For many Gold Farmers this is a real life business which is often their one and only income, so they take is business very seriously. They take it far more seriously than most gamers do."

I would just advise that you be careful what you ask for. The grass is seldom any greener on the other side of the fence.
    There's so many things wrong with the ESO economy it's laughable and every day that goes by that it's ignored is more subs lost.

I guess I would disagree with that. The ESO economy isn't perfect, but it's far from broken. Crafters have value. The time and effort someone puts into lvling up a crafting skill has value. The trait system offers a unique approach for every crafter/tradesman to be a little different from each other. I spent a lot of time on my main character maxing out Blacksmithing, Woodworking, Clothier, and Provisioning. That time and effort is rewarding because it allows me to provide a service. A global auction house would reduce the value of my crafted goods (That I put much time and effort into facilitating) to near worthless. I have seen it first hand. So then why craft? Why put in the effort when you can just stroll up to an auction system dominated by gold farmers and bots and buy an entire set of crafted gear for pennies?

Not only that, but every item in this game is very easily attainable. All it takes is a little effort. So if you are in a hurry and you don't want to put forth that effort, then naturally you should expect to pay a little more for convenience.

This system rewards those that put in a little effort. I like that approach. And I think many people agree with me and find it refreshing.

Edited by Alphashado on August 29, 2014 6:28PM
  • sotonin
    sotonin
    ✭✭✭
    I would prefer a global auctioning house.
    I don't believe most of the people asking for a global auction house understand what they are asking for. I love a good auction house. Let me make that clear. I have played a long list of MMOs and working the auction house is one of my most enjoyable past times. That being said, I hated the Global System in GW2. This is the same system ESO would be forced to use due to the "mega server" design. Below is just one of many examples why. Taken from the GW2 forum.

"The Black Lion Trading Post is a world-wide economy. Not a single-server auction house. The system takes into account all servers. So if a choice handful of Gold Farms create a barrier by placing several thousand items at exactly 1 silver, the rest of the world-wide economy will have little choice but to follow suit and place items at that price. Most people sell rather blindly without searching, so once a sizable enough barrier has been put in place the item will often remain low in price as long as the barrier remains firm enough to overrun the demand of the item. With botters constantly farming and injecting items into the market at 1 silver, the barrier will likely outmatch the demand of any item at any time because bots can farm non-stop while a market can only consume so much at a time.

Meanwhile, rare items are seeing outrageous hikes in price towards 100+ gold, which for many players is not exactly reasonable in price at all. Quickly the economy is starting to become controlled by a small minority of gamers who are exploiting ArenaNet’s lack of ability to stop them from overrunning the system. The engines driving this economic machine are the bots and the countless accounts at the disposal of these Gold Farmers. For many Gold Farmers this is a real life business which is often their one and only income, so they take is business very seriously. They take it far more seriously than most gamers do."

I would just advise that you be careful what you ask for. The grass is seldom any greener on the other side of the fence.
    There's so many things wrong with the ESO economy it's laughable and every day that goes by that it's ignored is more subs lost.

I guess I would disagree with that. The ESO economy isn't perfect, but it's far from broken. Crafters have value. The time and effort someone puts into lvling up a crafting skill has value. The trait system offers a unique approach for every crafter/tradesman to be a little different from each other. I spent a lot of time on my main character maxing out Blacksmithing, Woodworking, Clothier, and Provisioning. That time and effort is rewarding because it allows me to provide a service. A global auction house would reduce the value of my crafted goods (That I put much time and effort into facilitating) to near worthless. I have seen it first hand. So then why craft? Why put in the effort when you can just stroll up to an auction system dominated by gold farmers and bots and buy an entire set of crafted gear for pennies?

Not only that, but every item in this game is very easily attainable. All it takes is a little effort. So if you are in a hurry and you don't want to put forth that effort, then naturally you should expect to pay a little more convenience.

This system rewards those that put in a little effort. I like that approach. And I think many people agree with me and find it refreshing.

Well i would argue that with... I have a max lvl crafter of every tradeskill. I don't sell my wares because the guild stores seem useless, the audience they cater to is too small and really it's just a waste of my time to spam zone chat. This system IS broken and useless.

Then switch over to me as a buyer. Same issue. I can NEVER find anything i want on any guild stores or kiosks. So much that after running all around between kiosks i think to myself. Wow that was a huge waste of my time. So i don't bother anymore. I don't use the economy right now at all and I know i'm not alone.

Furthermore I could describe it from the point of view of a casual player. They are locked out of the system almost entirely so they get an even smaller subset of the wares. Most "good" trade guilds regularly boot members who aren't very active. What are they supposed to do? Why does ZOS punish people who are not hardcore players while simultaneously advertising "Play as you want"? Sure you can play as you want, as long as what you want it to not take part in the economy in any meaningful way. (But since the whole economy sucks anyways i guess they aren't missing much)
    Edited by sotonin on August 29, 2014 6:31PM
  • Zorrashi
    Zorrashi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The way I see it, a world-wide AH makes everything accessible to the point that they barely give any marginal profit unless you gather hundred upon hundreds of said item (except for rare items of course). If comparable to NPC merchant prices, the item prices on he AH likely won't be much better--likely to the point that the only profit you actually gain being only 1 to 20g if you decide to sell it to a player rather than an NPC.
    The problem many see with the aforementioned concept is the belief (that I myself am hesitant to say exists on a grand scale) is that it benefits those who can buy in bulk and resell for a higher profit before anyone can determine the 'set price'. Other theories mainly stem into something along the line "the rich get richer" or people "play the game".

Whatever the case, I understand one simple thing: no matter my lvl or play style, I have a chance to make profit. A chance that seemed incredibly small in other MMOs. I don't care if people call it 'exploiting', 'arbitrage' or whatever; the opportunity is there for you so long as you join a few guilds. I'd simply rather have that than an AH.

The current system is not perfect, but I am more than willing to wait.
  • Alphashado
    Alphashado
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Not only that, but every item in this game is very easily attainable. All it takes is a little effort. So if you are in a hurry and you don't want to put forth that effort, then naturally you should expect to pay a little more convenience.

Well i would argue that with... I have a max lvl crafter of every tradeskill. I don't sell my wares because the guild stores seem useless, the audience they cater to is too small and really it's just a waste of my time to spam zone chat. This system IS broken and useless.

Then switch over to me as a buyer. Same issue. I can NEVER find anything i want on any guild stores or kiosks. So much that after running all around between kiosks i think to myself. Wow that was a huge waste of my time. So i don't bother anymore. I don't use the economy right now at all and I know i'm not alone.

Furthermore I could describe it from the point of view of a casual player. They are locked out of the system almost entirely so they get an even smaller subset of the wares. Most "good" trade guilds regularly boot members who aren't very active. What are they supposed to do? Why does ZOS punish people who are not hardcore players while simultaneously advertising "Play as you want"? Sure you can play as you want, as long as what you want it to not take part in the economy in any meaningful way. (But since the whole economy sucks anyways i guess they aren't missing much)

I Have been in many trading guilds while searching for good ones. I have been in my favorite trading guild since beta, and I have settled on two others that I like very much. For a total of three. You are correct that the good guilds boot inactive accounts. This is absolutely essential to a trading guild's success. But I have never seen any of them boot people at less than 10 days inactivity.

If you haven't logged into the game in 10 days, you aren't "casual", you are "non-existant."

Plus in most cases if you are going to be gone on vacation or have some other real life issue that will keep you out of the game for longer than 10 days, all it takes is a mention to an officer or the guild GM. They will put a note text to your name and reserve your spot until you return. But 99% of the time, if you haven't logged in for 10 days then you have moved on to other things. And keeping someone like that on a guild roster in a trading guild that is already limited to 500 people is punishing the rest of the guild.

• sotonin
    sotonin
    ✭✭✭

I Have been in many trading guilds while searching for good ones. I have been in my favorite trading guild since beta, and I have settled on two others that I like very much. For a total of three. You are correct that the good guilds boot inactive accounts. This is absolutely essential to a trading guild's success. But I have never seen any of them boot people at less than 10 days inactivity.

If you haven't logged into the game in 10 days, you aren't "casual", you are "non-existant."

Plus in most cases if you are going to be gone on vacation or have some other real life issue that will keep you out of the game for longer than 10 days, all it takes is a mention to an officer or the guild GM. They will put a note text to your name and reserve your spot until you return. But 99% of the time, if you haven't logged in for 10 days then you have moved on to other things. And keeping someone like that on a guild roster in a trading guild that is already limited to 500 people is punishing the rest of the guild.

10 days is what you have experienced, this is not exactly the norm. I've seen guilds boot folks regularly for not logging in for even just a few days.

But that aside it doesn't really matter. I'm in 5 guilds all around max number of members (450-500) and still i'm very rarely able to find anything i want on ANY of the stores.
    Edited by sotonin on August 29, 2014 6:45PM
  • GnatB
    GnatB
    ✭✭✭✭

If supply sufficiently outweighs demand as you describe, then the price *should* drop to the absolute minimum. Which would presumably be 1gp more than the price to sell to an NPC... so I see absolutely nothing wrong with that 1gp "barrier". If it was an artificial construct, and supply doesn't outweigh demand at that price, then that barrier will evaporate quickly. The very fact that the "barrier" sticks around means it actually *isn't* an artifical construct.

As for rare items spiking? Well, they're rare. Just because person A doesn't find it reasonable, doesn't mean person B doesn't. If *nobody* finds it reasonable, then the price will drop if the person actually wants it to sell. A good solution to speed this up is to have a non-refundable deposit based on the asking price. If you ask to much and it doesn't sell, you're out that money.
    Achievements Suck
  • sotonin
    sotonin
    ✭✭✭
    GnatB wrote: »

If supply sufficiently outweighs demand as you describe, then the price *should* drop to the absolute minimum. Which would presumably be 1gp more than the price to sell to an NPC... so I see absolutely nothing wrong with that 1gp "barrier". If it was an artificial construct, and supply doesn't outweigh demand at that price, then that barrier will evaporate quickly. The very fact that the "barrier" sticks around means it actually *isn't* an artifical construct.

As for rare items spiking? Well, they're rare. Just because person A doesn't find it reasonable, doesn't mean person B doesn't. If *nobody* finds it reasonable, then the price will drop if the person actually wants it to sell. A good solution to speed this up is to have a non-refundable deposit based on the asking price. If you ask to much and it doesn't sell, you're out that money.

Yep. what he described is well. a basic economy. It's driven by supply and demand. What more do you want? Don't want it for that price don't buy it. Very simple, but at least it's widely available for those who want to buy it.

The system governs itself.

If ZOS really has a problem with people gaming the auction house, they can easily do like wow does with automated bans for people doing an enormous amount of scanning / transactions. Works well for them, and ZOS is already doing automated bans based on behavior patterns, this is a fact.
    Edited by sotonin on August 29, 2014 7:49PM
  • Alphashado
    Alphashado
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yep. what he described is well. a basic economy. It's driven by supply and demand. What more do you want? Don't want it for that price don't buy it. Very simple, but at least it's widely available for those who want to buy it.

If ZOS really has a problem with people gaming the auction house, they can easily do like wow does with automated bans for people doing an enormous amount of scanning / transactions. Works well for them, and ZOS is already doing automated bans based on behavior patterns, this is a fact.

Just google "How to make money on the GW2 Trading Post" Lots of videos on how to be a market tycoon. Including multiple account market fixing. It turns the game economy into Wall Street. All of the people thinking that a globlal system will somehow "get rid of" greedy people or that it will somehow "get rid of" price fixing, or that it will somehow "make things fair" for the little guy... would in in for a very rude awakening.

Just watch a few of those videos and you would quickly understand what "the little guy" would be up against.

Thanks, but I'll pass.

Edited by Alphashado on August 29, 2014 8:13PM
  • sotonin
    sotonin
    ✭✭✭

Just google "How to make money on the GW2 Trading Post" Lots of videos on how to be a market tycoon. Including multiple account market fixing. It turns the game economy into Wall Street. All of the people thinking that a globlal system will somehow "get rid of" greedy people or that it will somehow "get rid of" price fixing, or that it will somehow "make things fair" for the little guy... would in in for a very rude awakening.

Just watch a few of those videos and you would quickly understand what "the little guy" would be up against.

Thanks, but I'll pass.

And what is Wallstreet? Oh yeah, part of a real life economy. What's the problem with this? Either you want a legit real economy driven by supply and demand or a fake one limited to death that has little to no usefulness to anybody involved.

Sorry i'll take a system that puts stuff i actually want to buy at my finger tips vs oh... you know. running around between guild stalls only to leave empty handed every single time.
    Edited by sotonin on August 29, 2014 8:24PM
  • Alphashado
    Alphashado
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Thanks, but I'll pass.

And what is Wallstreet? Oh yeah, part of a real life economy. What's the problem with this? Either you want a legit real economy driven by supply and demand or a fake one limited to death that has little to no usefulness to anybody involved.

Sorry i'll take a system that puts stuff i actually want to buy at my finger tips vs oh... you know. running around between guild stalls only to leave empty handed every single time.

It's a video game that me and most people play to relax and get away from real life. I don't want RL Wall Street like tycoons controlling my market. Smaller, more isolated markets are much more enjoyable to me. But to each their own. I believe this poll shows that many more people dislike the idea of a global system than anyone anticipated.

• sotonin
    sotonin
    ✭✭✭

Thanks, but I'll pass.

It's a video game that me and most people play to relax and get away from real life. I don't want RL Wall Street like tycoons controlling my market. Smaller, more isolated markets are much more enjoyable to me. But to each their own. I believe this poll shows that many more people dislike the idea of a global system than anyone anticipated.

In what fantasy would are you living? It's pretty neck and neck. Not very many results though. Right now it's 7 more people against.
  • Alphashado
    Alphashado
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Thanks, but I'll pass.

In what fantasy would are you living? It's pretty neck and neck. Not very many results though. Right now it's 7 more people against.

Why get nasty? It doesn't help anything. I never even said it was a majority. I simply said more people are against a global system than was probably expected. Perhaps if you read the entire sentence before rushing to respond to a percieved statement, your comment would make sense. Good Day.

• sotonin
    sotonin
    ✭✭✭

Thanks, but I'll pass.

Why get nasty? It doesn't help anything. I never even said it was a majority. I simply said more people are against a global system than was probably expected. Perhaps if you read the entire sentence before rushing to respond to a percieved statement, your comment would make sense. Good Day.

You said "many more". I do not consider 7 people many more. Nothing nasty here, just pointing out that your assessment was not accurate and you worded it trying to make it sound like there's an overwhelming consensus against it, when it's quite the opposite. It's pretty even. I think it would skew more to the AH side if we have thousands of votes, but thats just my personal opinion and may or may not be true.
    Edited by sotonin on August 29, 2014 9:39PM
  • Alphashado
    Alphashado
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Thanks, but I'll pass.

You said "many more". I do not consider 7 people many more. Nothing nasty here, just pointing out that your assessment was not accurate and you worded it trying to make it sound like there's an overwhelming consensus against it, when it's quite the opposite. It's pretty even. I think it would skew more to the AH side if we have thousands of votes, but thats just my personal opinion and may or may not be true.

For the 3rd and final time I sad many more than was perhaps expected.
  • Morrawind
    Morrawind
    ✭✭✭
    The only thing i would actually like is to have is a system where i can quickly sell my stuff and continue playing. That may be the guild store but then in a way that works.
    I like to drag an inventory item and immediately see the going price for it.
    A search option would also be much appreciated.

Edited by Morrawind on August 29, 2014 9:57PM
  • Morvoldo
    Morvoldo
    ✭✭
    why are so many people moaning about Oh how a proper Auction House will drive the economy down, its already down as we have no economy, i never what price to sell at as it is, and besides the whole people will work the market place by buying items at low price and selling High....Arnt most guilds doing that Now with the Guild stores so that there Guild is the one setting the prices, except rather than just 1 or 2 people scanning the market its half a guilds worth doing it. which is actually alot worse than having several players scanning an Auction House/Market place.

as it stand i can craft quite a bit but no idea what price to set and when i do it never sells and i can never find anything i want to buy, recently been trying to level provisioning for an ALT can i find level 1 recipes or even mats to go with it NO nothing or if i do find say Brown Malt its being sold at a Stupid price like 10 for 2000g yes 2000g WTF are people playing at, as said know one knows WTF is going on because there's no price range.

i want an Market Place/Auction House as then after a while the Prices will settle and EVERYONE will at least know what price to set for said item and at least know what the item is worth in order to supply it.

as it is now No one knows WTF is What and what for
  • SFBryan18
    SFBryan18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to see a hybrid solution (please specify in the comments).
    If you consider the 8% hybrid votes as not liking the current system, the people who like the current system in this game are losing 47% to 51%. Not that the poll means much.

The biggest flaw with the current system is that people who are not in a large trading guild can't sell items. That's a game breaker right there.
    Edited by SFBryan18 on August 30, 2014 11:26AM
  • AshySamurai
    AshySamurai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TL;DR
    But here is my two cents. I dont know if someone here played Diablo 3, Pretty nice game. And D3 had an AH. And I cant say this was horrible (or can I? hmmm, it was awful). So first time I only lvl and when I reach 60 lvl(max in D3, then you just get paragon levels - like champion system) I started to use AH. And I started to gamble there(not for real money). Just buy cheaper, sell with profit. Started I with less than 1kk gold(it's not so much). After month I was had over 100 kk. And TBH it's ruined all game (AH ruined, not me). I just want to show by example the possible future. So economic was dead in D3. I always have some extra gold and share it with my friends. And at the end Blizz just closed AH. I want to say that AH is a bad expirience for any multiplayer games. And companys and developers alreasy have this expirience. You dont need to repeat others mistakes.
    And one more. In ESO far more important which skills you use and how you use them than what equipment you have.
    Edited by AshySamurai on August 30, 2014 11:45AM
    Make sweetrolls, not nerfs!
  • Alphashado
    Alphashado
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SFBryan18 wrote: »
    If you consider the 8% hybrid votes as not liking the current system, the people who like the current system in this game are losing 47% to 51%. Not that the poll means much.

That can just as easily be spun around to say that 57% are opposed to a global system.

Not many people are opposed to an auction house like we had in WoW or Rift or 99% of the other MMOs we've played over the years. But those were isolated markets because those games were broken down into individual servers.

An ESO global system would literally have 500,000 - 1,000,000 people all sharing the same auction house. Just stop and think about that for a second. If you played GW2 or Diablo 3 and you liked the global system, then feel free to praise it's merits. But I suspect that a very large portion of the people asking for a global auction house have no idea what a *** storm they are asking for.

• SFBryan18
    SFBryan18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SFBryan18 wrote: »

That can just as easily be spun around to say that 57% are opposed to a global system.

Not many people are opposed to an auction house like we had in WoW or Rift or 99% of the other MMOs we've played over the years. But those were isolated markets because those games were broken down into individual servers.

An ESO global system would literally have 500,000 - 1,000,000 people all sharing the same auction house. Just stop and think about that for a second. If you played GW2 or Diablo 3 and you liked the global system, then feel free to praise it's merits. But I suspect that a very large portion of the people asking for a global auction house have no idea what a *** storm they are asking for.

And yet, the hybrid option appears to be like the independent vote in this election. Seems people always see everything as 'all or nothing' when it comes to changes. It's pretty sad that so many lack the ability to compromise.
  • realcyberghostb16_ESO
    I would like to see a system similar to EVE, a regional system where there is one guild trader in each larger city that shows all the regional items. This guild trader can be hired by several guilds at once, with no limit. Now, you can buy an item from City B while sitting in in City A, but to collect it, you will have to go to City B after you bought it to collect it.
    There will be more competition, but the system will also keep items more rare than with a global auction. Also there will be traders buying and reselling, would be an interesting dynamic.
    You can not view or buy items outside your region.

Another option I just think of is a guild vendor in a claimed keep where you can buy all the items from all the guild vendors throughout the world. So when you claim a keep you have access to a megaserver wide auction house, until you loose the keep again ...
    Edited by realcyberghostb16_ESO on August 30, 2014 1:45PM
  • spoqster
    spoqster
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree 100%. And in additon I'd like to point out another problem: Due to the different playing speeds the levels of players are usually differs grea

I agree 100%. And I would add that one of the biggest problems of the guild stores is the fragmentation of player levels. 500 players get together and form a trading guild. Now these 500 players are not equally active. I am VR4 and the more active players in my trading guild are all VR12. What am I going to do with fancy lvl 12 armor? And who is going to buy my lvl 4 stuff?

I am a casual player. 5-20 hours a week. At that rate I probably won't get to VR12 before the end of the year. I still pay the same fee as the more active players, and for me this economy is useless.
  • ApfelkuchenXi
    ApfelkuchenXi
    Soul Shriven
    An auctionhouse would be to easy. I think an ordersystem of some kind could work.
    It should be easier to find buyers
  • SaiJinu
    SaiJinu
    ✭✭
    ESO need an AH im begin to play the game and i need an easy way to sell/buy gear ..atn i got of items and is really hard to spam the chat to sell it :/

AH IS NEED ..especially for new players that have a difference in gear from the veterans
  • spoqster
    spoqster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TL;DR
    But here is my two cents. I dont know if someone here played Diablo 3, Pretty nice game. And D3 had an AH. And I cant say this was horrible (or can I? hmmm, it was awful). So first time I only lvl and when I reach 60 lvl(max in D3, then you just get paragon levels - like champion system) I started to use AH. And I started to gamble there(not for real money). Just buy cheaper, sell with profit. Started I with less than 1kk gold(it's not so much). After month I was had over 100 kk. And TBH it's ruined all game (AH ruined, not me). I just want to show by example the possible future. So economic was dead in D3. I always have some extra gold and share it with my friends. And at the end Blizz just closed AH. I want to say that AH is a bad expirience for any multiplayer games. And companys and developers alreasy have this expirience. You dont need to repeat others mistakes.
    And one more. In ESO far more important which skills you use and how you use them than what equipment you have.

Interesting input. Do you think this proposed system would turn out equally negative?
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/122487/broken-economy-use-the-npc-merchants-to-sell-items-for-players
    Edited by spoqster on August 30, 2014 2:08PM
  • spoqster
    spoqster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to see a system similar to EVE, a regional system where there is one guild trader in each larger city that shows all the regional items. This guild trader can be hired by several guilds at once, with no limit. Now, you can buy an item from City B while sitting in in City A, but to collect it, you will have to go to City B after you bought it to collect it.
    There will be more competition, but the system will also keep items more rare than with a global auction. Also there will be traders buying and reselling, would be an interesting dynamic.

Another option I just think of is a guild vendor in a claimed keep where you can buy all the items from all the guild vendors throughout the world. So when you claim a keep you have access to a megaserver wide auction house, until you loose the keep again ...

@realcyberghostb16_ESO‌ have you read my proposal a few weeks ago? Seem like we have similar ideas.
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/122487/broken-economy-use-the-npc-merchants-to-sell-items-for-players
    Edited by spoqster on August 30, 2014 2:07PM
  • realcyberghostb16_ESO
    spoqster wrote: »

@realcyberghostb16_ESO‌ have you read my proposal a few weeks ago? Seem like we have similar ideas.

I have read it, but it is still different. I don't see the need for a separate auction system for each item type.
    And in my proposal you still have regional auctions, which is what I think the developers want and it is something that works nicely in EVE.
  • sotonin
    sotonin
    ✭✭✭
    SaiJinu wrote: »
    ESO need an AH im begin to play the game and i need an easy way to sell/buy gear ..atn i got of items and is really hard to spam the chat to sell it :/

AH IS NEED ..especially for new players that have a difference in gear from the veterans

I agree. the current system is both highly fragmented and underutilized. It's underutilized because many people find it's utterly useless and just refuse to participate in it.

You have have 500 members of your trade guild and the guilds constantly cull the ranks for inactive folks. But there's absolutely no metric for them to cull the ranks based on auctions posted. So a huge majority of most trade guilds have a large member count of folks who join the guild just so they can have access to some stuff to buy, while not selling stuff at the same time. So it's actually quite impossible to reasonably manage your ranks and create an efficient guild.

Now i don't think this methodology for guilds is a good one or successful. I don't think people should be under constant fear of being booted for ANY reason, inactivity or not selling items, etc. But at the same time this is the system we exist in. So if they are forcing people into it, let them go the whole way and really refine who can stay in their guild. Why half ars it? Either ditch the system altogether and come up with one that actually gives folks a sizable audience to buy / sell to or improve the guild tools to identify people who are contributing to the economy or failing to.

Nothing in this economy of ESO makes any sense or was particularly well though out in the least.
  • Araflin
    Araflin
    ✭✭✭
    Some way of tracking / advertising (Please not on horse barding, side of the road billboards, walls of houses, or rented space on player armour!) which guild sells what items would be good.

Like going to a Bawd, paying 10g, and asking for a particular item. He would point you to the appropriate guild merchant who sells what you are looking for (in his town).
    " Brave Clarice. You will let me know when those Nirnroot stop screaming, won't you?"