Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Should ESO have a global trading system

spoqster
spoqster
✭✭✭✭✭
There are multipel heated debates between players who are in favor of a more global trading system and those who like the current system. Both parties claim the majority of players is on their side. I'd be interested to see some actual numbers.

Arguments in favor of a more global system usually involve the request for a more simple way to sell what you have, buy what you need and usually come from players who have limited interest in bargains and selling overpriced items to noobs.

Arguments in favor of the current system usually involve the concern that a more global system would favor abuse in one way or another.
Edited by spoqster on August 27, 2014 8:31PM

Should ESO have a global trading system 384 votes

I would prefer a global auctioning house.
41%
Daenerysccagle_ESOLobharveybndahl02_ESOEJRose83SelianaNivzruo_ESOaletad11_ESOeventide03b14a_ESOStxMaverick827Psychobunnichuckanarb14_ESOderuddb14_ESODiviniusLunafknapp46b14_ESOJandoMercyKillingDrazek 160 votes
I like the system as it is now (including the kiosks).
48%
UdyrfrykteGrunimSirAndyAttorneyatlawlmanyrabidratsElloaBlackhorneTsuteSolarikenGidorickItsMeToochimneyswift_ESOKhastlek9mouseGreybarrenGalenSweetroll-Banditmichaelb14a_ESO2nerevarine1138LtCrunch 188 votes
I would like to see a hybrid solution (please specify in the comments).
9%
NestorTabbycatIagoRoyMallisSlurgDaethzNivana1717NocturnalisPheefsNazon_Kattsrealcyberghostb16_ESObertenburnyb16_ESOkwisatzb92303008rwb17_ESObabylonShadowscaleSithisdavid.haypreub18_ESOvyndral13preub18_ESOUPrimelike1tiger 36 votes
  • spoqster
    spoqster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    See this thread for my suggestion:
    Use the existing npc merchants to sell items for players
    Edited by spoqster on August 28, 2014 5:41AM
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I want a system simialr to SWTORs galactic trade kiosks.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • ers101284b14_ESO
    ers101284b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like people to just bury the horse instead of continuously beating it.
  • seanolan
    seanolan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh FFS not this daedra-bedamned topic again.
  • sotonin
    sotonin
    ✭✭✭
    seanolan wrote: »

It's not going away until ZOS does something to rectify the situation.
  • smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where is the option to never have one of these threads ever again. Three hundred of them is enough (okay perhaps that is hyperbole.)
    Dear Sister, I do not spread rumors, I create them.
  • BBSooner
    BBSooner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spoqster wrote: »
    There are multipel heated debates between players who are in favor of a more global trading system and those who like the current system.

There have also been multiple polls about it.
  • RoyMallis
    RoyMallis
    ✭✭✭
    Keep the guild trade and open a global AH but make specific items Guild Store only.
    I do what I can, when I can, to provide in game help to those seeking it. @RoyMallis
  • Ser Lobo
    Ser Lobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep it as is. I like the addition of kiosks (exactly what the Cyrodiil guild vendors were supposed to be from the beginning), and like the smaller, mobile markets which allow for price fluctuation and even some level of trade. Only one of my trade guilds has a vendor, and while items do move faster there, I HAVE bought items at a local vendor and put them up in my trade guild for a profit.

It's a fairly simple system, but I've never been one to believe that convenience is the most important thing to worry about.

Hopefully guild vendors will become more predominant when/if guild houses become a thing in the future.
    Ruze Aulus. Mayor of Dhalmora. Archer, hunter, assassin. Nightblade.
    Gral. Mountain Terror. Barbarian, marauder, murderer. Nightblade.
    Na'Djin. Knight-Blade. Knight, vanguard, defender. Nightblade.

XBOX NA
    Ruze is a veteran of the PC Beta, lived through the year one drought, survived the buy-to-play conversion, and has stepped foot in the hells known as Craglorn. He mained a nightlbade when nightblades weren't good, and has never worn a robe. He converted from PC during the console betas, and hasn't regretted it a moment since.

He'd rank ESO:TU (in it's current state) a 4.8 out of 5, loving the game almost entirely.

This is an multiplayer game. I should be able to log in, join a dungeon, join a battleground, queue for a dolmen or world boss or delve, teleport in, play for 20 minutes, and not worry about getting kicked, failing to join, having perfect voice coms, or being unable to complete content because someone's lagging behind. Group Finder and matchmaking is broken. Take a note from Destiny and build a system that allows from drop-in/drop-out functionality and quick play.
  • Resueht
    Resueht
    ✭✭✭
    sotonin wrote: »

Call me ignorant but what exactly is the problem? I have no trouble with the current system.
    If she doesn't know the pain of cliffracers, she's too young for you.
  • Ser Lobo
    Ser Lobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Resueht wrote: »
    sotonin wrote: »

Call me ignorant but what exactly is the problem? I have no trouble with the current system.

ZOS said they wouldn't make an auction house because it cheapens the effect of end-game loot and destroys rarity, especially in a larger playerbase like we see with mega-servers.

Some players, who have grown accustomed to auction houses in other games, do not like that. They wish to force ZOS to change their principles and ideals to suit their need for convenience and accessibility.

So far, this is one of the issues ZOS has stood up on. And it's really hurting the play-time of players who are used to penny bids, auction bots, and spending money to buy gold so that they can get l33t lootz without ever having to actually run the content.
    Ruze Aulus. Mayor of Dhalmora. Archer, hunter, assassin. Nightblade.
    Gral. Mountain Terror. Barbarian, marauder, murderer. Nightblade.
    Na'Djin. Knight-Blade. Knight, vanguard, defender. Nightblade.

XBOX NA
    Ruze is a veteran of the PC Beta, lived through the year one drought, survived the buy-to-play conversion, and has stepped foot in the hells known as Craglorn. He mained a nightlbade when nightblades weren't good, and has never worn a robe. He converted from PC during the console betas, and hasn't regretted it a moment since.

He'd rank ESO:TU (in it's current state) a 4.8 out of 5, loving the game almost entirely.

This is an multiplayer game. I should be able to log in, join a dungeon, join a battleground, queue for a dolmen or world boss or delve, teleport in, play for 20 minutes, and not worry about getting kicked, failing to join, having perfect voice coms, or being unable to complete content because someone's lagging behind. Group Finder and matchmaking is broken. Take a note from Destiny and build a system that allows from drop-in/drop-out functionality and quick play.
  • Pheefs
    Pheefs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mostly like the trading system "As is" ...but I think it would help to grant a perk to a guild that lets them set a 'Craft Bounty' to the general population at the kiosks.

the guild would earn the perk & set the bounty item, & non-guild members can fill the bounty & then the system would pay the player... so the guild would be generating commerce for the average player & getting a steady supply of the one material they need most.
    { Forums are Weird........................ Nerfy nerfing nerf nerfers, buff you b'netches!....................... Popcorn popcorn! }
  • Nazon_Katts
    Nazon_Katts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [Proposal] Localized Consigment Vendors

Or at the very least a buy order option for kiosks.
    "You've probably figured that out by now. Let's hope so. Or we're in real trouble... and out come the intestines. And I skip rope with them!"
  • Probitas
    Probitas
    ✭✭✭
    Of course it should, the system we have now is unworkable, or rather, not working at all really. You can't easily find buyers or sellers. Guild vendors only sell, they do not buy, and that's not what a proper vendor is in my mind. If you are using the term as it's applied to vending machines, where transactions are one way only, then yes, it's working wonderfully. (that's sarcasm btw)

I sometimes wonder if this game is just a big science experiment to see how much design BS people can stomach.
    Edited by Probitas on August 27, 2014 11:17PM
  • smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buy orders would be awesome. That would be a good addition.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would not enjoy the pay cut the global auction house would bring.
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I would prefer that we eat it , regurgitate it and and make horsy flesh atronach out of it and beat it again.
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
  • Ragefist
    Ragefist
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why those threads keep poping up? Did WoW players didnt grasp the concept of megaserver?

Just look at the GW2 global auction fail and the success of EvE decentralized market
  • Nazon_Katts
    Nazon_Katts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PBpsy wrote: »

I would prefer that we eat it , regurgitate it and and make horsy flesh atronach out of it and beat it again.

If noone can be bothered to take care of the corpse, we'll continue beating it up again and again and again...
    "You've probably figured that out by now. Let's hope so. Or we're in real trouble... and out come the intestines. And I skip rope with them!"
  • Martinus72
    Martinus72
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am the one of those spending loads of time in AH in every MMO I've been playing so far and have no problem with this system whatsoever, I'm selling my stuff and buying everything I need. Find and join big active trading guilds?
  • ers101284b14_ESO
    ers101284b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    PBpsy wrote: »

Well your in luck cause I think that's what's happening. I'm not sure until someone makes a poll about

/gaveyouanlol
  • RoyMallis
    RoyMallis
    ✭✭✭
    Ragefist wrote: »
    Why those threads keep poping up? Did WoW players didnt grasp the concept of megaserver?

Just look at the GW2 global auction fail and the success of EvE decentralized market

I haven't had issues with Tera's AH and they're on a mega server. The guild store makes finding a buy and finding appropriate prices difficult, while with a global AH I could find the general price range of an item and go off that. Currently I'm unsure of a reliable means of finding out what the market is for an item and if it's worth selling.
    I do what I can, when I can, to provide in game help to those seeking it. @RoyMallis
  • Wizzo91
    Wizzo91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really hoped the trading-kiosks would of improved the situation.. but they did not for most players.

Trading is guild stores not worth the effort (and are also really annoying and a hassle).

You can make enough / more money more effectively and efficiently with just spamming the zone chats, having contacts, or in your real guild.

I went through 15+ trading guilds since release and have only found one that I've been in for more than 4 weeks.

Most new guilds I join want a fee of 5000g a week or some *** - seriously people.

I know there a lot of people are against an auction house (with no valid arguments).

I enjoy the most of the game. Big negative is the *** trading system- but I don't care because I literally swim in money and after every content patch build a new legendary armor with mats I got through hirelings / refining mats.

Also I have crafting toon for provisioning and alchemy. If I need new food / pots I go on a 2 hour farm .. no problem.

What I really think? Trading in ESO is obsolete compared to other mmos.

Edited by Wizzo91 on August 27, 2014 11:45PM
    [EU]

Wizzo - Stamina DK - 50 - DC
    Wizzox - Magicka NB - 50 - DC
    Vilest Wizz - Magicka Sorc - 50 - DC
    Wiser Wizz - Magicka NB - 50 - DC
    Wizzo X - Magicka NB - 50 - AD
    In Rainbows - Stam Sorc - 50 - AD
    Fake Plastic Tree - Stamplar - 50 - EP

6XX CP

• smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RoyMallis wrote: »

I haven't had issues with Tera's AH and they're on a mega server. The guild store makes finding a buy and finding appropriate prices difficult, while with a global AH I could find the general price range of an item and go off that. Currently I'm unsure of a reliable means of finding out what the market is for an item and if it's worth selling.

yea but don't like three people play tera currently at any given time?
  • AoEnwyr
    AoEnwyr
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would like a global auction house because I believe it brings transparency and competition into the economy. As far as the Kiosks go I have brought a couple of items from them but I am not going to go out of my way to find a kiosk. Unless they are directly in a hub town they are not worth the time to hunt down on the off change I might get a better deal at one :)
  • smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wizzo91 wrote: »
    I really hoped the trading-kiosks would of improved the situation.. but they did not for most players.

Trading is guild stores not worth the effort (and are also really annoying and a hassle).

You can make enough / more money more effectively and efficiently with just spamming the zone chats, having contacts, or in your real guild.

I went through 15+ trading guilds since release and have only found one that I've been in for more than 4 weeks.

Most new guilds I join want a fee of 5000g a week or some *** - seriously people.

I know there a lot of people are against an auction house (with no valid arguments).

I enjoy the most of the game. Big negative is the *** trading system- but I don't care because I literally swim in money and after every content patch build a new legendary armor with mats I got through hirelings / refining mats.

Black Market Wares, and the Royal Bank of Tamriel. They may be open to apps atm. I am in both and they are great, and members are very helpful to other members.
  • RoyMallis
    RoyMallis
    ✭✭✭
    RoyMallis wrote: »

yea but don't like three people play tera currently at any given time?

Not when I was playing lol (my peak time spent playing it was roughly 2 years ago)
    Edited by RoyMallis on August 27, 2014 11:45PM
  • Wizzo91
    Wizzo91
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Black Market Wares, and the Royal Bank of Tamriel. They may be open to apps atm. I am in both and they are great, and members are very helpful to other members.

Yea I know trading guilds can be very helpful. But only the chat.

I'd vote for bumping up the max number of guildies up to 1000+

Guild stores are useless in my opinion.
    Edited by Wizzo91 on August 27, 2014 11:51PM
    [EU]

Wizzo - Stamina DK - 50 - DC
    Wizzox - Magicka NB - 50 - DC
    Vilest Wizz - Magicka Sorc - 50 - DC
    Wiser Wizz - Magicka NB - 50 - DC
    Wizzo X - Magicka NB - 50 - AD
    In Rainbows - Stam Sorc - 50 - AD
    Fake Plastic Tree - Stamplar - 50 - EP

6XX CP

• Resueht
    Resueht
    ✭✭✭
    UlanX wrote: »
    I would like a global auction house because I believe it brings transparency and competition into the economy. As far as the Kiosks go I have brought a couple of items from them but I am not going to go out of my way to find a kiosk. Unless they are directly in a hub town they are not worth the time to hunt down on the off change I might get a better deal at one :)

While I do see the practical benefits of this, I do like the "regional" economies. Rather than have a single market that with trends for all the goods, we have many markets, each with slight differences in their respective trends.

Just my opinion, but I kind of like the diversity. I don't fret too much with the kiosks anyway. I only look at them every now and then to see what is for sale, not with the intent of looking for something specific.

That being said, I could see buy orders being a nice addition for those seeking particular items.

If she doesn't know the pain of cliffracers, she's too young for you.
  • smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yea I know trading guilds can be very helpful. But only the chat.

I'd vote for bumping up the max number of guildies up to 1000+

Guild stores are useless in my opinion.

well, you can also sell things through them, and hook up with crafters and people with supplies that -may- give you a guild discount.