Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Official Discussion Thread for "ESO Subscriber Loyalty Program"

• dem0n1k
    dem0n1k
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice idea to reward the loyal ESO players... but these pets are more of a hindrance than a reward. How about opening up the Imperial race to be played? Or some extra inventory space... or another ability slot! Something useful :)
    NA Server [PC] -- Mostly Ebonheart Pact, Mostly.
  • captainbeautiful
    captainbeautiful
    Soul Shriven
    Did you see this?
    Free pets mailed out.
    Another thing to bog down graphics and block doorways.
    *** stupid crap.
    "Oooooh! I have a pet, see how much more space I take up, aren't I *** awesome?"
    "I can't move, what's going on? Oh great, I appeared on top of someone's stupid mudcrab pet"
    "I can't see around your horde of summoned monsters, why do you have them in town anyhow?"
    "Do you mind moving a little? No one can leave the shop till your stupid pet leaves the doorway it's blocking!"
    *** off with the *** pets already.
    Go buy a Tamagotchi (Key-chain sized video game pet you had to feed like every hour from the 1990's) and leave the MMO's to people who like to kill, craft and solve puzzles!
  • gm_ESO
    gm_ESO
    Awesome...but please for the love of Cthulhu, turn OFF pet and summoned creature collision! It's already almost impossible to move in some crowded banks and doorways.
  • Threemoons
    Threemoons
    ✭✭✭
    How bout some extra inventory slots instead of/as a choice instead of a pet?
    Playing on PC/NA---UserID=Threemoons--usually on nights, weekends
  • ArchaicDev
    ArchaicDev
    ✭✭
    I think it's important to show loyal subscribers that you care, and it's little things like this that do so. Can't wait to recieve my wraith! <3
  • tolman8rb14_ESO
    tolman8rb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Zhoyzu wrote: »
    better then some lame cat.

I'd take it over a Mudcrab. Hell, a rolling block of Sheogorath cheese would be better than that!
  • justin.sniesakub17_ESO
    I for one am absolutely thrilled they are doing this. To me, loyalty programs, and things I can earn simply by staying a subscriber for a long amount of time are absolutely a great decision by ZoS. Can't wait to see what future tiers might have, plus on top of the thank you from them for being a customer, but it also helps make those of us who have been here for a while stand out, something if a person just starts playing they cannot acquire quickly. That is one of the reasons I play MMOs and this is just one more reason I love this game.
    For the night is dark and full of terrors.
  • justin.sniesakub17_ESO
    Moxan wrote: »
    Awesome job on the Loyalty Program
    yes vanity pets are cool but it would be better if you gave us something more useful ie limited edition Horse or pet that actually dose something useful ie buff or attacks your target but hey that's just my opinion

Oh god no. Please stick to vanity items.

Agreed the only way this could could go badly is if becomes anything other then purely cosmetic.
  • justin.sniesakub17_ESO
    Goibot wrote: »
    Good Idea, a lot of MMO's do this as well.

However, you can please keep your vanity pets until they:
    1. Do not have any collision - as they are they allow players to get stuck (this really needs to be fixed, like at launch).
    2. Takes no bag/bank space.

Space is not an issue in this game not even close. Once you start getting into the upper tiers it's no longer a problem, plus I like having to actually earn my way up too higher tiers of storage, gives me something else to work for.

Now pet collusion on the other hand, that needs to be fixed now. The amount of times I have almost gone nuclear over someone intentionally going afk by a wayshrine making other people have to jump through hoops just to move......yah, really unacceptable.
  • justin.sniesakub17_ESO
    Phaserburn wrote: »
    If we were unable to play the game at launch and have only played the game for 2 months. Can we purchase extra game time to qualify?
    Yes but you will have to be subbed for the full three months, this isn't something you can just buy your way up too, thankfully.
  • wolftalker7799_ESO
    wolftalker7799_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Dear ESO!-i love the pets and the idea of a loyalty program,lets face it,this game has Many challenges still. A pet is cute-thats all!-as stated above,give Bank space!,Give backpack space!- or have an option in the ESO store so we can stop the endless grinding to get bank space!-the cost of everything is crazy!-my damn pets sit on a storage toon!-You say ESO was developed by gamers! Well they must not have been into havin multi toons in a game,NOR have they been deep into crafting!-The bank and inventory should have a crafting page!-PERIOD. So to give another damn pet that does NOTHING,can fight,is another example of the lack of true game players making ESO! and i know i will be flamed!-so what! i am older then most players,been a game tester for a company before MMO's we the rage! and been a member of players input groups to many games. I do not know it all-but i sure know mistakes and errors when i see them!-and this pet is just another example of ESO being out of touch with real gamers!-Remember Skyrim??
  • Voodoo
    Voodoo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Great idea! And thanks! I should have a ton of pets!! :D

BUT! They should NOT take up inventory space! They are pets after all...how the %$#@ can you fit a pet into your bag!? ..and if you truly loved your pet why would you stuff them in your bag with all your other junk!?

We need a pet stable! ...Why not at the horse stable!
  • Turmio
    Turmio
    Soul Shriven
    This is really nice I really loved veteran system in Ultima Online that gave something for you every year of subscribtion.

But as above pets take inventory space, there should be own inventory slot for them. In the end they are vanity pets and those things shouldn't effect character in anyway. Now they take one slot per animal.
    Edited by Turmio on August 22, 2014 2:39AM
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please, please. PLEEEEAAAAASE, make this something we summon via a skill or something? We dont need another piece of... fluff we need to equip and store on alts.. and I usually freaking love these kinds of things, but I dont have space to put them. My monkey is still in his mail because I dont want to make room to store him on an alt. My mudcrab has never been summoned, but daily is in up to 5 characters bags as I swap crafting materials around.

Make a special pet carrier or bag or something to put the menagerie.
    Edited by Darlgon on August 22, 2014 2:40AM
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • art.stiltnerb14_ESO
    art.stiltnerb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    My email went to the junk folder and got flushed. Is there any way to get the email resent. Or send it as an in game mail?
  • Grimtooth
    Grimtooth
    ✭✭✭
    Is there going to be a fix with the pets and summoned critters? Work stations and banks now get so over crowded with these things and you can't get past them. Why is it I can walk through mine buy not other peoples? Besides for an award I'd rather have more bank space or gold. The price for bank space is way to expensive.
  • RichterVonStrid
    Seriously people. Learn to read. The article was quite clear. http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2014/08/21/eso-subscriber-loyalty-program
  • RichterVonStrid
    Also, to the people complaining about free stuff, get a life. It is a nice gesture. If you don't like the pets then delete them. They have absolutely NO impact on gameplay. If you don't want to use a slot for them... don't. Quite simple really.
  • awkwardsemanticsb14_ESO
    Does this mean I will eventually get my wolf pet? :-D
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Interesting that this notice was emailed to me on the day I was considering canceling my sub due to boredom. The game is just not keeping me interested like I thought it would. Too much story, not enough MMORPG.

Oh and people are absolutely correct that the game needs a pet UI system! Nobody will want these pets if they take up extremely valuable inventory slots. Other games use a tab on the character sheet to store and use all collected pets. Why not ESO?
    Edited by Holycannoli on August 22, 2014 3:57AM
  • Garwulf
    Garwulf
    ✭✭✭
    I always laugh when I see someone running around with 'crabs'.
    Personally these pets are really pointless unles you are going to give them fighting capabilities.
    The option for something special like a different mount would be more appreciated IMHO.
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Garwulf wrote: »
    I always laugh when I see someone running around with 'crabs'.
    Personally these pets are really pointless unles you are going to give them fighting capabilities.
    The option for something special like a different mount would be more appreciated IMHO.

That's quite possibly a future loyalty reward.
  • AtriasNaradan
    AtriasNaradan
    ✭✭✭
    Couldn't care less about vanity pets, i just hope the rewards for the future are not yet another vanity pets. I for one like cool costumes better. Rewards of anything actually useful are also great, though of course there're boundaries on what kind of usefulness.

Pets that attacks your enemies are only good as far as PvE content, not PvP. The best bet for useful non-vanity loyalty rewards are something like skill points, stat points, unique weapons & armors sets, unique enchantment, horse, and temporary exp/stat/drop chances boost ticket.

Those kinds of things are good for loyalty rewards and won't affect gameplay balance because everyone can get them by simply playing for some amounts of times. Those kind of rewards will also attract more people to stay subscribed more than vanity pets.
    Edited by AtriasNaradan on August 22, 2014 4:26AM
  • Sparky617
    Sparky617
    ✭✭✭
    Sweet!! I love pet collections. Can we PLEASE have pets and trophies tabs in the inventory so that our massive collections won't be counted to inventory space? It would be awesome to show off our cool pets and trophies at the drop of a hat. Right now I only keep my beta monkey and two trophies because I want to get as much loot as I can before returning to town.
  • VycDarkshadow
    VycDarkshadow
    ✭✭✭
    Just like any other pet, it will take up a bank slot. Why people are whining about this, i have no idea. It's one bank slot. Need more space, buy more space, simple. Can't buy more? Then use up the stuff you're hoarding and free up room, or ditch the pets you don't want. You CAN destroy them, after all.

And pets that actually attack or buff would be an awful idea, unless ALL pets get this ability. Otherwise, the new players would whine about an unfair advantage and leave the game.
    Vyc Ðarkshådøw
  • VycDarkshadow
    VycDarkshadow
    ✭✭✭

Source?

Edit: And even if you can present one, you seem to totally missunderstand me. With the purchase of the game you do have an active subscription the day you install it and begin to play. Because the first 30 days are not really a free play time. You payed for them with your leap of faith to Zeni that this game is worth playing. Without the chance of testing it.

Actually, the sub doesn't kick in until a month after you start playing. The 60 bucks does not cover your sub, just the cost of the game, which is standard price for most new games. You get a 30 day "free trial" when you purchase it, which does not count towards your sub. Since the rewards program goes by sub fee duration, so to speak, your first month does not, and cannot, count.
    Vyc Ðarkshådøw
  • Loyheta
    Loyheta
    ✭✭
    Hopefully this will be accompanied by an update so that pets are summonable from a neutral page. >.>
  • Govinda
    Govinda
    Soul Shriven
    is it me, or are the pets useless? What is the point of them? I got one from upgrading my copy (I wanted the horse without gold farming for ages), but then soon deleted the pet for want of even one more inventory slot. If the pet could battle like a familiar/clanfear, that would be another thing, of course. Or did I miss something?
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just like any other pet, it will take up a bank slot. Why people are whining about this, i have no idea. It's one bank slot. Need more space, buy more space, simple. Can't buy more? Then use up the stuff you're hoarding and free up room, or ditch the pets you don't want. You CAN destroy them, after all.

People are whining because they've experienced how other MMORPGs handle vanity pets, in a superior way. I think I had over 50 pets in Rift and I'm sure more than that in WoW long ago. Not one of them used an inventory slot. They instead get added to a tab in the character sheet where every pet you've collected can be summoned or dismissed.

If you delete pets in ESO you aren't getting them back.

I still don't know why ESO didn't develop their pets the same way. It's downright archaic to have them take up an inventory slot, and for special edition pets like the beta monkey or imperial crab to not be automatically mailed to each character on an account.

• lizzieag
    lizzieag
    Soul Shriven
    I was just wondering if there is going to be a loyalty reward for people that have been a member since day 1? Just asking because I would qualify for that one:)