Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Official Discussion Thread for "ESO Subscriber Loyalty Program"

• Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banks and dye stations are crowded enough as it is with the current pets and familiars (which are always in the way). Give me something I can use.
    Edited by Enemy-of-Coldharbour on August 21, 2014 6:05PM
    Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2320+
  • Sord
    Sord
    ✭✭✭
    I am glad to see something like this come out, but as others have said if we are getting more pets, trophies and things that take up space, maybe there can be a pet stable that is account wide. Much like the horse stable only we can keep our pets there, just make it an add on to the stable option with the mounts. Right now I have an extra character just for holding these things and seems silly. I am sure it will take some work or it might already be something in the works but please try and get this in game sooner rather than later.
    www.fateslegacy.com Share your build or find a build here at Fate's Legacy!
    -This is your life and its ending one moment at a time-
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I hope there are better rewards than pets. I honestly never have any of my pets out so I either destroy them or they sit in the bank.

If most rewards are in terms of pets or vanity items I hope they start giving free bank upgrades to hold all of this stuff.

It would be nice for like exclusive dye colors, or a way to change the look of your weapon/armor based on how long you have been playing. I have to hold back wanting gear that actually gives you an advantage since that is unfair to new players at first. Though I do feel if I stick with a game for the first years I should get something grants a noticeable advantage.
  • Durnik
    Durnik
    ✭✭✭
    FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLEASE STOP IT WITH THE PETS!!!!!! They get in the way, they make noises constantly, tie up bank space (until I destroy them) and they make it hard to see.

Also, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make them not work in banks. Have them go away. One time I logged in and there were no pets flapping around or running around and it was bliss.
  • txfeinbergsub17_ESO
    At first look this is a pretty thing, that's for sure.
    But when you think one step further, there is one little, nagging thing that's making me wonder.

The program has been introduced to us so everyone can see that a player has been subscribing for at least 3 month. And this is called loyalty.
    But what about those of us who are here right from the start, maybe even five days before the start (pre-release) and didn't cancel the subscription for a single day? Those who continued playing even though there were issues and problems and tons of doubts?

Please, don't missunderstand me. I don't want a special gift for playing this game. I even don't like those pets - mine are all rotting at the bank.

For me it's about the term loyalty. If it's loyal to subscribe for three month in a period of now almost five and more to come, how are players defined that play longer without subscription gaps? Wich term is used for them? Is there a climatic of loyalty in ZOS' definition?

Really? Good grief, are you really that *** or do you just like to pick nits.
  • txfeinbergsub17_ESO
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    Loyalty program does not include early access, 30 free days included with game, or the 5 free days they gave us. So paid subscriptions basically started in like mid-May. 3 months under those conditions means you have been around since, if not the beginning, pretty darn close.

Source?

Edit: And even if you can present one, you seem to totally missunderstand me. With the purchase of the game you do have an active subscription the day you install it and begin to play. Because the first 30 days are not really a free play time. You payed for them with your leap of faith to Zeni that this game is worth playing. Without the chance of testing it.

Uh, it was said right in the announcement - I mean all two paragraphs of it. Epic reading comprehension failure.
  • JosephIta
    JosephIta
    Please, translated this game in italian
  • Noshiz
    Noshiz
    ✭✭
    Very nice idea, i've been a subscriber since day 1, can't wait to see what u have for the 6-month subscribers.
  • Alexium
    Alexium
    ✭✭✭
    Will I achieve this pet if not played one month?
    Edited by Alexium on August 21, 2014 6:13PM
  • Moxan
    Moxan
    ✭✭✭
    Awesome job on the Loyalty Program
    yes vanity pets are cool but it would be better if you gave us something more useful ie limited edition Horse or pet that actually dose something useful ie buff or attacks your target but hey that's just my opinion

Oh god no. Please stick to vanity items.
  • BigM
    BigM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice and thank you for the great game. One thing I think you need to do is give a separate bag for pets. Or maybe (hate to say it) like WoW does for their pets.
    “The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking
  • mistermacintosh
    mistermacintosh
    ✭✭✭
    For the folks concerned about bank space:

You can make 8 characters on each server! (You can easily set up 7 level 5 alternates and disperse your loot among them.)

You can also buy upgrades for the bank, your character's packs and upgrade horses to provide additional space.

You can also join/found 5 guilds that have even more storage space!

If you take advantage of all that space you should have room for an army of pets.

So stop whining. The Ice Wraith pet is cool.
    Edited by mistermacintosh on August 21, 2014 6:22PM
    Legalize Nirnroot!

Mac User, NA Server (CP810+, PVE focused):
    Magicka Templar Ra the Everlasting (Level 50 - Main Character)
    Stamina Sorcerer Khazaka-ri (Level 50 - Crafter)
    Dragonknight Tank Skalda Flamewreath (Level 50)
    Pet Sorcerer Hellias Ocume (Level 50)
    Magicka Necromancer Socelon (Level 4)

Templar Healer Mends-Through-Panic (Level 50)
    Stamina Nightblade Adanna-daro (Level 50)
    Stamina Warden Marely Sprigs (Level 50)
    Stamina Dragonknight Ursula Trollcalmer (Level 50)
    Stamina Necromancer Daengeval (Level 4)

Stamina Templar Cornellus Graves (Level 50)
    Warden Healer Pays-For-Luxury (Level 50)
    Magicka Sorcerer Sophia Flash (Level 50)
    Magicka Dragonknight Cinvalo Aloavel (Level 50)
    Magicka Nightblade Esmerelda the Cruel (Level 50)
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thank you ZOS. I for one am happy to know that you appreciate those of us that have loyally been with you since release. There have certainly been some growing pains along the way but overall the game is improving.
    :trollin:
  • Potenza
    Potenza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it is a nice idea.
  • Madval
    Madval
    ✭✭✭
  • Moxan
    Moxan
    ✭✭✭
    Alexium wrote: »
    Will I achieve this pet if not played one month?

You will probably get it as long as you are playing again now.
  • spidertech
    FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLEASE STOP IT WITH THE PETS!!!!!! They get in the way, they make noises constantly, tie up bank space (until I destroy them) and they make it hard to see.

Also, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make them not work in banks. Have them go away. One time I logged in and there were no pets flapping around or running around and it was bliss.
    How do vanity pets that you can walk through get in the way? I also don't see how they "make it hard to see" when they are small and on the ground. I haven't heard them making noise and there aren't any flying vanity pets aside from this wraith.
    With your comment about them "flapping around" I think you may be confusing them with sorcerer familiars.
  • SteveCampsOut
    SteveCampsOut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At first look this is a pretty thing, that's for sure.
    But when you think one step further, there is one little, nagging thing that's making me wonder.

The program has been introduced to us so everyone can see that a player has been subscribing for at least 3 month. And this is called loyalty.
    But what about those of us who are here right from the start, maybe even five days before the start (pre-release) and didn't cancel the subscription for a single day? Those who continued playing even though there were issues and problems and tons of doubts?

Please, don't missunderstand me. I don't want a special gift for playing this game. I even don't like those pets - mine are all rotting at the bank.

For me it's about the term loyalty. If it's loyal to subscribe for three month in a period of now almost five and more to come, how are players defined that play longer without subscription gaps? Wich term is used for them? Is there a climatic of loyalty in ZOS' definition?

What he said.

Also a question about the pet.

Does it come with it's own bank slot so i have the space to keep it rather than destroy it to make way for more useful items?

You can always just leave the pet in email if you're bothered by bank space!
    @ֆȶɛʋɛƈǟʍքֆօʊȶ ʀʋʟɨʄɛ⍟
    Sanguine & Psijic Group Beta Tester.
    Steve's Craftiness Find out what I can make for you at my Google Doc Spreadsheet.
    Pacrooti's Hirelings Website:
    pacrootis.enjin.com/

NA Server:
    Steforax Soulstrong CH782 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH782 Dragonknight AD
    Rheticia Le Drakisius CH782 Nightblade DC
    Razmuzan Thrasmas CH782 Templar EP
    Sheenara Soulstrong CH782 Dragonknight DC
    Erik Ramzey CH782 Nightblade AD
    Growling Kahjiti CH782 Nightblade EP
    One of Many Faces CH782 Sorcerer DC
    Grumpasaurus Rex CH782 Warden DC
    EU Server:
    Guildmaster of Pacrooti's Hirelings AD Based LGBT Friendly Guild.
    Stefrex Souliss CH701 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH701 Dragonknight DC
    Slithisi Ksissi CH701 Nightblade EP
    Pokes-With-Fire CH701 Dragonknight AD
    Josie-The-Pussi-Cat CH701 Templar AD
    Stug-Grog M'God CH701 Templar DC
    One With Many Faces CH701 Nightblade DC
    Trixie Truskan CH701 Sorcerer EP
    Grumpetasaurus Rex CH701 Warden EP
    ESO Plus status: Canceled!
  • Hrafnarsen
    Hrafnarsen
    ✭✭
    Cyrcle wrote: »
    You should give us that dog you gave away on Steam. You know, since we can't properly link our games to Steam.
    Totally agree, a dog (THAT dog in particular) or a cat would be much nicer. I appreciate that probably a significant part of the community would be delighted to show off with a miniature pink Molag Bal or green-glowing miniature zombies, but those of us who are more inclined towards immersive role playing would rather appreciate something resembling a proper pet or at least a familiar.
  • ThorGoLucky
    ThorGoLucky
    Soul Shriven
    Please grant us a gifts of bank slots for future other gifts!
  • Zebular
    Zebular
    ✭✭
    This is the official discussion thread for the blog article ESO Subscriber Loyalty Program. Thanks for spending your time with us, and we hope you'll enjoy this token of our gratitude!

This is so awesome! I've been here since the last few cycles of beta and have been subscribed since release, so... Thank you! :)

I'd like to suggest to also do something for each month. What I was thinking would apply only if the Loyalty Rewards are 1 per account (not character).

So, my Question:
    • Are these rewards sent to each character or only to one (like the mudcrab)?
    Now, my Suggestion (If they are one per account rewards):
    • Have each month add on an additional Loyalty Reward claim that can be used to claim any Loyalty Reward item that has been unlocked, which happens every Third Month. This will allow players to not only gain these items on multiple characters but also feel like their loyalty is being acknowledged every month, instead of every few.

This could also be something that may help players from Hybrid or F2P MMOs adjust, as in Hybrid and F2P Games, players are "rewarded" monthly with stipends and also free gifts through out the month. Having the Loyaltry Rewards program be monthly would be more in-line with the MMO market and keep players from Hybrid and F2P MMOs from feeling the void of the loss regular rewards that they have been used to in other MMOs.

For Example:
      So, month 1 and 2 gains a claim token for each month (yet they cannot be used until month 3), Month 3 gains a claim token and unlocks the first Tier of Reward(s). Month 4 and 5 reward a claim token, and Month 6 rewards another claim token and unlocks the second Tier of Reward(s).

These loyalty reward claim tokens could also be expanded to allow them to be used to claim other things you've been credited with before, like the mudcrab and such for another character.
    Edited by Zebular on August 21, 2014 7:25PM
    Mysté [ Breton Femaile • DC • Daedric Storm Sorcereress; Dest/Rest • Alchemist ]
    Old Zeb [ Imperial Male • DC • Dark Storm Sorcerer; Dest/Rest • Enchanter ]
    Rarymwr Rua'srrii-mrha'Ra [ Kahjiit Male • AD • Draconic Earthen Dragonknight; Dual/1HS • Blacksmith ]
    Zebular [ Dark Elf Male • EP • Shadow Assassin Nightblade; Bow/Rest • Woodworker ]
    Zebular Ilyturials [ Imperial Male • DC • Draconic Ardent Dragonknight; 1HS/2H • Provisioner ]
    Zyza [ Kahjiit Vampire Female • DC • Siphoning Assassin Nightblade; Dual/Bow • Clothier ]
  • Alexium
    Alexium
    ✭✭✭
    Must I pay for three month one by one (every month or single payment) or may to miss some (one)? Example: I played April, then I canceled subscription in May and continue playing (and paying) since June.
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Must I pay for three month one by one (every month or single payment) or may to miss some (one)? Example: I played April, then I canceled subscription in May and continue playing (and paying) since June.

Yes , it is said on the page.

Anyone that gets 3 months will get the pet , can be tomorrow , can be next year.

When you get 6 months you will get the next reward...

You might at most get after others get it.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • daneyulebub17_ESO
    daneyulebub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dethbl00ms wrote: »
    For the folks concerned about bank space:

You can make 8 characters on each server! (You can easily set up 7 level 5 alternates and disperse your loot among them.)

You can also buy upgrades for the bank, your character's packs and upgrade horses to provide additional space.

You can also join/found 5 guilds that have even more storage space!

If you take advantage of all that space you should have room for an army of pets.

So stop whining. The Ice Wraith pet is cool.

Wow--thanks for that hard to come by advice on storage space.

Good to know we're swimming in storage! Just simply pay $300K to max your bags/vault/horse spaces, or login/logout constantly to switch things around. Easy peasy!!!! And FUN!!!!

Bring on that army of pets!!!!!!!!!

Oh, I especially liked the guild-storage idea!!! Great, and oh-so-practical solution!!!

But...wait.... I just took your advice, put all my stuff in the bank of the guild I just joined. And....and.... it all disappeared in minutes!!

Where could it have gone?

Edited by daneyulebub17_ESO on August 21, 2014 7:16PM
    This message confirms that you have successfully cancelled your subscription to The Elder Scrolls Online. You will no longer be charged for a subscription on a recurring basis, and your access to the game will expire at the end of your current subscription cycle.

We're sad to see you go now, but we'll be happy to welcome you back at any time! Whenever you're ready to come back, your characters will be waiting for you, just like you left them. You can return anytime by resubscribing on the Manage Subscription page on your Elder Scrolls Online account.

Please print this email and keep it for your records.
  • cromica81_ESO
    cromica81_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    So any plans to give us dedicated storage for pets/trophies? The space they take up is not worth having them
  • Alexium
    Alexium
    ✭✭✭

Anyone that gets 3 months will get the pet , can be tomorrow , can be next year.

Still don't understand. May I to miss some months and receive pet as get three in sum?
    Edited by Alexium on August 22, 2014 12:24AM
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Still don't understand. May I to miss some month and receive pet as get three in sum?

Yes.

It is not a gift that they are giving now , it is a milestone system.

When a player get 3 months in the game , they will get this pet , if they join one year from now , they will still get the same pet after said time.

They said it wont count your 30 free days , so pretty much , after a player pays/plays 3 months in the game after their free time , they get the pet.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • daneyulebub17_ESO
    daneyulebub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zos quote from another thread:
    "If there was a gap in your subscription time, don't worry. Eligibility for the High Hrothgar Wraith pet does not require that the three months of paid subscription time occur consecutively. Rather, every player that has paid for three months of game time in total will be eligible for this reward."

From a selling standpoint, this policy makes sense. No need to have pets around that are impossible to get--ie, only for people who have played since beta, or had a continuous subscription for X amount of days. This way, there's an incentive to keep subscribing, but no de-incentive for those who haven't up to now stay subscribed. They can always subscribe again, and get the reward eventually. At the same time, those who HAVE been subscribed continuously will get them soonest.

BTW, love fluff like pets...but strongly agree--with the storage issues this game has, we desperately need some storage method for them.

This message confirms that you have successfully cancelled your subscription to The Elder Scrolls Online. You will no longer be charged for a subscription on a recurring basis, and your access to the game will expire at the end of your current subscription cycle.

We're sad to see you go now, but we'll be happy to welcome you back at any time! Whenever you're ready to come back, your characters will be waiting for you, just like you left them. You can return anytime by resubscribing on the Manage Subscription page on your Elder Scrolls Online account.

Please print this email and keep it for your records.
  • Bookwyrm
    Bookwyrm
    ✭✭✭✭
    I know this question has been asked, but I haven't seen an answer from a forum mod/administrator/etc. so I'm asking it again:

What happens if you've been a subscribed member, but had a few hours or something of interrupted service. I had this happen on my last payment because it happened sooner than I thought it would (on the 7th or 8th instead of the 10th as I expected) so the money was not in the account I use for the subscription. I was able to get it fixed within a matter of hours, but that still left me "unsubscribed" for a few hours.

I hope that this does not result in a reset for the loyalty program, as it wouldn't make much sense for it to be so, but I'd like an affirmative answer for certain if at all possible. I will be quite disappointed if that small interruption does reset, as I've been playing since the 5 day early access (and betas before, but you know) and have been subscribed since the first 30 days were wrapping up.

If I understand correctly, this also applies to people who use prepaid cards and such? Just making certain.

EDIT: Sorry, I did not read the post above mine. I believe the answer was found in another forum thread, thank you. :) Although I don't know which thread or which ZOS member, so I can't confirm.
    Edited by Bookwyrm on August 21, 2014 7:55PM
    Don't talk to me! I'm a shrub. - Frozen Man
    Bookwyrm - The Thread Killer
  • Shagreth
    Shagreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is awesome. Here's hoping for a mount at some point. I'd love me something like Shadowmere or Arvak, well, I can dream anyway. :p