Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "ESO Subscriber Loyalty Program"

• Drazhar14
    Drazhar14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also a question about the pet.

Does it come with it's own bank slot so i have the space to keep it rather than destroy it to make way for more useful items?

There should be a separate collectibles tab next to the achievement tab where all our vanity pets and useless quest trinkets are stored.
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems good.

It is interesting that the rewards are not only for those that have been here , but are actually something that anyone can open when reach a certain time in the game.

Personally i like that they give pet rewards, still not as good as the dog , but this one is something to consider.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • Audigy
    Audigy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I believe you guys at ZO are forced to make the program like that but to me it has nothing to do with loyalty if someone can just walk away a year and then still claim the reward.

In my opinion it would had made more sense to give people something based on the running sub time and not just the amount of it.

If someone had a sub running since April then he or she should be thanked in a different way than someone who subbed from April to Mai and then from July to September.

Might be better to call it bonus reward and not loyalty ;)
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some people cannot play continuously. They might have disposable income problems. They might have real life things that take them out for a while. I really don't think that these things make anyone less loyal. Maybe less dedicated, but certainly not less loyal.

I like the idea of the reward pet for 3 month subscriptions, and not for selfish reasons.

I think that just about everyone will have one, like many achievements. They serve as milestones in your personal life involvement with ESO.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • smudgebudge
    smudgebudge
    Soul Shriven
    I suppose it was pretty much answered right at the top. If you've payed for 3 months of subscriptions, in any shape or form, broken or not, then you get the pet. It obviously does not have to be three continuous months unbroken.

Also, to everyone who is actually complaining about this, please please stop talking, I actually can't believe you could find a way to give out about this, I'm utterly amazed!
  • Flexar
    Flexar
    ✭✭✭
    The wording of the post makes it seem as if those of us who have been using game-time cards won't get loyalty rewards, which, quite frankly, is utter ***. I would much rather be using a recurring subscription, but I can't, because every time I've tried to set one up the money has been taken from my account, but I haven't received the subscription time. I was eventually refunded, but customer support refused to do anything about the issue and told me if I wanted to continue playing I'd have to buy game cards. If you are going to make players who do as you say suffer, you really suck as a company.

EDIT: It seems my concerns were misplaced, ignore all of the above.
    Edited by Flexar on August 21, 2014 11:08PM
  • Audigy
    Audigy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Some people cannot play continuously. They might have disposable income problems. They might have real life things that take them out for a while. I really don't think that these things make anyone less loyal. Maybe less dedicated, but certainly not less loyal.

I like the idea of the reward pet for 3 month subscriptions, and not for selfish reasons.

I think that just about everyone will have one, like many achievements. They serve as milestones in your personal life involvement with ESO.

I don't play continuously either and if I manage to log on once a week then this is a lot. But exactly this is the point that some of us tried to make.

No matter if we can play or not we still support the game and this is in our opinion what defines a loyal customer.
  • Helspyre
    Helspyre
    ✭✭
    I haven't used a pet since I first stepped foot in Cyrodiil. Did they make them invisible to enemies yet?
    CITADEL
    A small sized, West Coast, RvR guild.
    Daggerfall Covenant
    www.citadelguild.com
  • Resueht
    Resueht
    ✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    Loyalty program does not include early access, 30 free days included with game, or the 5 free days they gave us. So paid subscriptions basically started in like mid-May. 3 months under those conditions means you have been around since, if not the beginning, pretty darn close.

Source?

Edit: And even if you can present one, you seem to totally missunderstand me. With the purchase of the game you do have an active subscription the day you install it and begin to play. Because the first 30 days are not really a free play time. You payed for them with your leap of faith to Zeni that this game is worth playing. Without the chance of testing it.

The article is the source for his comment. It explicitly states that the initial 30 days are not counted towards the loyalty program.

Also, it seems you didn't read the article at all. It says there will be another reveal for those loyal up to 6 months.
    If she doesn't know the pain of cliffracers, she's too young for you.
  • SirJesto
    SirJesto
    ✭✭✭
    Awesome! One question though, i am renuing my sub every month with paysafe (meaning i never set up a 3 month sub time). Will I be still eligible for it?
    Yes, that's fine. :)

I've been here since the beginning, but had problems setting up the monthly payment renewal system so I got unsubscribed for a few hours each month.

Is it based on total time subscribed or does it have to be 3 months of uninterrupted subscription?

Thanks.
  • Guar
    Guar
    WooHoo! What a great idea, I can't wait to get my Wraith!
    -Guarburger
  • SirJesto
    SirJesto
    ✭✭✭
    Resueht wrote: »
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    Loyalty program does not include early access, 30 free days included with game, or the 5 free days they gave us. So paid subscriptions basically started in like mid-May. 3 months under those conditions means you have been around since, if not the beginning, pretty darn close.

Source?

Edit: And even if you can present one, you seem to totally missunderstand me. With the purchase of the game you do have an active subscription the day you install it and begin to play. Because the first 30 days are not really a free play time. You payed for them with your leap of faith to Zeni that this game is worth playing. Without the chance of testing it.

The article is the source for his comment. It explicitly states that the initial 30 days are not counted towards the loyalty program.

Also, it seems you didn't read the article at all. It says there will be another reveal for those loyal up to 6 months.

Yeah @MercutioElessar‌ you really should read the article.
  • MercutioElessar
    MercutioElessar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Resueht wrote: »

I read the article. And I disagree with it as you well read in the post you quoted.
    And you seem to not understand nor see my point. It's not about the gift or bonus or whatever you want to call it.
    Edited by MercutioElessar on August 21, 2014 4:54PM
    If I've ever offended you,
    just know that from the bottom of my heart,
    I really don't give a ***.

• MercutioElessar
    MercutioElessar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirJesto wrote: »

Yeah @MercutioElessar‌ you really should read the article.

As stated above, I did. And still disagree ;)
    If I've ever offended you,
    just know that from the bottom of my heart,
    I really don't give a ***.

• SirJesto
    SirJesto
    ✭✭✭
    Docide wrote: »
    Since the game launched I have been subscribed to it. Every month or so my subscription expired because I use Ideal to pay which won't allow me to set up a recurring subscription.

So my subscription has a few minor interuptions, ranging from a few hours to 2 days. Will I still get rewards?

I have the same question as ESO's had issues processing paypal for me twice now which has caused my account to lapse briefly each time. Is the loyalty program (hopefully) based on cumulative paid game subscription time rather than continuous payment only?

Exactly my question as well
  • SirJesto
    SirJesto
    ✭✭✭
    At first look this is a pretty thing, that's for sure.
    But when you think one step further, there is one little, nagging thing that's making me wonder.

The program has been introduced to us so everyone can see that a player has been subscribing for at least 3 month. And this is called loyalty.
    But what about those of us who are here right from the start, maybe even five days before the start (pre-release) and didn't cancel the subscription for a single day? Those who continued playing even though there were issues and problems and tons of doubts?

Please, don't missunderstand me. I don't want a special gift for playing this game. I even don't like those pets - mine are all rotting at the bank.

For me it's about the term loyalty. If it's loyal to subscribe for three month in a period of now almost five and more to come, how are players defined that play longer without subscription gaps? Wich term is used for them? Is there a climatic of loyalty in ZOS' definition?

Well, no because you and I are not any more special than the others.
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    But when you think one step further, there is one little, nagging thing that's making me wonder.

The program has been introduced to us so everyone can see that a player has been subscribing for at least 3 month. And this is called loyalty.
    But what about those of us who are here right from the start, maybe even five days before the start (pre-release) and didn't cancel the subscription for a single day? Those who continued playing even though there were issues and problems and tons of doubts?

Please, don't missunderstand me. I don't want a special gift for playing this game. I even don't like those pets - mine are all rotting at the bank.

For me it's about the term loyalty. If it's loyal to subscribe for three month in a period of now almost five and more to come, how are players defined that play longer without subscription gaps? Wich term is used for them? Is there a climatic of loyalty in ZOS' definition?

Let's bring this one step further...

What about those of us who have been playing since July last year then and spending hundreds, if not a thousand+ hours on PTS over that time ;)?

I would say they logically will just use accured total paid time on the live game, not continuous time in a chunk, for determining what rewards you're eligible for.
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    ✭✭✭✭
    While I like the concept of loyalty programs, I'm not a big fan of pets, as they take up inventory space and collision is annoying. Curious how collision will work w/this flying pet now.. I would like them better if they existed in UI only, not physical bag space. I don't think pets provide enough incentive for customers, and would suggest things like free respecs, exclusive disguises, and epic mounts.
  • SirJesto
    SirJesto
    ✭✭✭

Let's bring this one step further...

What about those of us who have been playing since July last year then and spending hundreds, if not a thousand+ hours on PTS over that time ;)?

I would say they logically will just use accured total paid time on the live game, not continuous time in a chunk, for determining what rewards you're eligible for.

You get a Monkey! :-P

But seriously yeah This isn't a thing really.

Loyalty isn't something I need to get recognized for. Just them doing something to say they appreciate me is good enough.
  • LordCaineR
    LordCaineR
    Soul Shriven
    This is kinda awesome, but I have the same problem as many, inventory/bank slots my monkey is just taking up space along with the random rewards from quests is there anything in the way of extra spaces for this stuff that I'm in no hurry to destroy cause it's awesome but inventory is at a premium and expensive to add to
  • SirJesto
    SirJesto
    ✭✭✭
    Daenerys wrote: »
    While I like the concept of loyalty programs, I'm not a big fan of pets, as they take up inventory space and collision is annoying. Curious how collision will work w/this flying pet now.. I would like them better if they existed in UI only, not physical bag space. I don't think pets provide enough incentive for customers, and would suggest things like free respecs, exclusive disguises, and epic mounts.

I'm sure that more extravagant things will be rewarded based on subscription time.

As for the pet, just leave it in the mail to look at once in a while... ;-)
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am glad to see a loyalty reward program being implemented and look forward to seeing what you come up with! An ice wraith will be lovely. I shall need to find a place to put it though.

For a longer term reward, when you think of the pet that best represents loyalty, what comes to mind? Hint: woof woof!

Maybe a nice friendly brown dog could be in Slurg's future? I don't want to be too hopeful though.
    Edited by Slurg on August 21, 2014 5:11PM
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • SirJesto
    SirJesto
    ✭✭✭
    Helspyre wrote: »
    I haven't used a pet since I first stepped foot in Cyrodiil. Did they make them invisible to enemies yet?

Yes, it's called turning them off.
  • Fizzonance
    Fizzonance
    ✭✭✭
    Nooo!

Hopefully this will stay in the area of Vanity Pet and miscellaneous unnecessary items. We do not want ESO to slowly progress into P2W or the closely related P2Make-things-a-little-easier.

I've had the game since the early access, so what I'm experience is not a matter of jealousy etc., I just don't want my subscription to slowly turn into a mechanism that gives me epic equips, materials or mounts.

MMO's should be about player dedication, not his/hers dedication to cash and credit.
    ▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ Fizzonance ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇
    Spellunker - Dunmeri Sorcerer - Ebonheart Pact - [EU]
    Aska Mahdavi - Khajiiti Nightblade - Aldmeri Dominion - [EU]
    https://twitter.com/fizzonance
    http://mesmerizingtamriel.blogspot.com/
    http://fizzonance.tumblr.com/
  • jay122897_ESO
    jay122897_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Ok so to start I have to say I like the idea of rewards for loyalty for playing the game. I do not however wish to see more "vanity" pets, or mounts or silly stuff. I did see some people mention a token system where there were a few choices at each tier per say (ie. 3,6,9,12 month) that you could pick ONE. To take that a step further maybe you could "bank" your tokens if u didn't like the choices and there could be a "special" reward you could get. (Example: you don't like the 3 mth. reward so u bank token and use that and 6 mth. one for a special one....etc). Maybe pieces to a set armor or something that can actually help you in your travels through Tamriel. Just my opinion....keep up the good work on a sweet game though.
  • jlewis709b14_ESO
    quick question. i purchased a 6 month subscription . then canceled the sub 2 months in to change my payment method. will i still get the rewards?
  • kevbounce
    kevbounce
    ✭✭
    Can I get a character makeover instead? tia ;)
    Xathrina Elsinlock - Sorceress - AD
  • Mysticman
    Mysticman
    ✭✭✭
    Oh no another ugly pet :s Why are so many of the pets so damn ugly :\ I have 3 pets but the only one I want be be seen running behind me is the monkey, all the other pets I wouldn't want to be seen dead with.
    How about only cute and cuddly pet (like the dog) from now on, pets that player would be proud to have running behind them. ;)
    Edited by Mysticman on August 21, 2014 5:26PM
  • Sleep
    Sleep
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cute.
  • Celeress
    Celeress
    Soul Shriven
    Do you get the pet if you just PAID for 3 months, or do you have to use 3 months of game time. I got the collectors edition when it first came out and paid for the first month, then took a break due to RL things, then came back and got another month a few days ago. If I buy another month now so I have ~2 months of game time on my account, would I still get the pet? I paid for 3 months but didn't use the 3 months..