The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Forum Structure - Update & Feedback

• Kevinmon
    Kevinmon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please make it so you don't have to click a language every time you click a forum
    Edited by Kevinmon on February 17, 2015 10:48PM
  • Neizir
    Neizir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes!!!
    Neizir Stormstrider

EU Megaserver

UK
    ▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
    I have a fancy signature.
    ▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
  • ZOS_AlanG
    ZOS_AlanG
    admin
    Hi everyone, we're pleased to say the forum overhaul will be launching tomorrow! The forums will be taken down at 9:30am EST, and are expected to be down for most of the day.
    Kevinmon wrote: »
    Please make it so you don't have to click a language every time you click a forum
    You'll select your language on the top right, similar to what we have right now, but this will also determine which forums you see.
    Forum Rules | Promoting Constructive Discussion | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Help Site

I’ve moved to a new position and I am no longer active on this forum. For assistance, please check the resources linked above
    Staff Post
  • Neizir
    Neizir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you give us some more pics now that we finally have a release date? :)
    Neizir Stormstrider

EU Megaserver

UK
    ▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
    ▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neizir wrote: »

You do realize you can wait about 24 hours and take your own pics? :smile:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Neizir
    Neizir
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You do realize you can wait about 24 hours and take your own pics? :smile:

I'm not THAT patient!
    Neizir Stormstrider

EU Megaserver

UK
    ▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
    ▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
  • Sue_D_Nim
    Sue_D_Nim
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_AlanG wrote: »
    Preyfar wrote: »
    Will this change how the foreign languages are separated on the forums? I think that's my only issue - navigating through the forums and checking dev tracker has a lot of extra traffic to it because of that, and can make it a little harder to find what you're looking for.
    Yes. Improving language support and navigation is one of our priorities for the overhaul. We are aware that many find the current multi-lingual structure to be busy, and it has contributed to the general difficulty in navigating these forums.

Only took them a year to hear what we've been saying.

Okay; sorry. Thanks for the improvements, ZOS!
    "If danger doesn't find her, she'll seek it out and invite it home to dinner." ~ Prince Naemon
    "Such despair! Richer than a cheese sorbet!" ~ Sheogorath
  • Audigy
    Audigy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hi everyone, we're pleased to say the forum overhaul will be launching tomorrow! The forums will be taken down at 9:30am EST, and are expected to be down for most of the day.
    Kevinmon wrote: »
    You'll select your language on the top right, similar to what we have right now, but this will also determine which forums you see.

Good Luck with the transition ;)
  • EQBallzz
    EQBallzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will people who don't "subscribe" after TU launches be able to post on the forums? As it stands now if you have no sub you can't post or maybe there will be a .99 charge for each post from non-subscribers? After all..posting on the forums is sort of a "convenience" item isn't it? I know that sounds sort of ludicrous but in this day of B2P/F2P nothing will surprise me anymore so yes this is a serious question.
  • Terminus
    Terminus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OH HECK YES
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    EQBallzz wrote: »
    Will people who don't "subscribe" after TU launches be able to post on the forums? As it stands now if you have no sub you can't post or maybe there will be a .99 charge for each post from non-subscribers? After all..posting on the forums is sort of a "convenience" item isn't it? I know that sounds sort of ludicrous but in this day of B2P/F2P nothing will surprise me anymore so yes this is a serious question.
    Everyone that has purchased ESO will be allowed to post in all sections of the forums. :)
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • EQBallzz
    EQBallzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EQBallzz wrote: »
    Everyone that has purchased ESO will be allowed to post in all sections of the forums. :)

OK, thanks for the quick response. :)
  • pikapp515_ESO
    pikapp515_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I looked at your pics on page 5 of this thread as directed. (I apologize, but I've not read the whole thread!) My understanding is that's the new lay out you'll be "laying out" tomorrow. I don't understand why you don't have class specific forum areas. Now I'm just a humble mmo player but it seems to me that the number one reason people look at forums (not the only reason of course) is for builds over all.

I sure hope you've created sub forums in "Combat & Character Mechanics" rather than creating having a relative rats' nest under the topic. Give players CLARITY on where to go to find what their looking for, for at least one the all time primary reasons players go to the forums. Right now it is to ambiguous.

While I don't criticize you folks much this one really puzzles me.

I do enjoy your game though. Keep it up!
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Now I'm just a humble mmo player but it seems to me that the number one reason people look at forums (not the only reason of course) is for builds over all.

This isn't the number one reason I look at the forums. I have never done this. I have also just checked with everyone in my guild who is on right now. Nobody has ever done this.

This is definitely a small sample of a small sample of a... etc. but are you really sure that searching for builds is the "number one" reason people look at forums? Especially these forums?
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_AlanG wins Dev of the month. :heart::cookie:
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iluvrien wrote: »
    Now I'm just a humble mmo player but it seems to me that the number one reason people look at forums (not the only reason of course) is for builds over all.

This isn't the number one reason I look at the forums. I have never done this. I have also just checked with everyone in my guild who is on right now. Nobody has ever done this.

This is definitely a small sample of a small sample of a... etc. but are you really sure that searching for builds is the "number one" reason people look at forums? Especially these forums?

Yeah well maybe you have never played a MMO before and ESO forums are most of the time crap and complaints and with only a few positive and constructive feedbacks. But a forum without class sections is kind of odd. Hopefully, forums will get better today...
    Edited by Sotha_Sil on February 18, 2015 9:12AM
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
  • Messy1
    Messy1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sotha_Sil wrote: »

Yeah well maybe you have never played a MMO before and ESO forums are most of the time crap and complaints and with only a few positive and constructive feedbacks. But a forum without class sections is kind of odd. Hopefully, forums will get better today...

Well the new Forum has a section called Combat and Character Mehcanics with the description "Discuss classes, skills, your builds, and the finer details of combat." Seems like a good place to talk about classes
  • Neizir
    Neizir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alan, will we see previews of threads if we hover over them?
    Neizir Stormstrider

EU Megaserver

UK
    ▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
    ▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
  • Audigy
    Audigy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I looked at your pics on page 5 of this thread as directed. (I apologize, but I've not read the whole thread!) My understanding is that's the new lay out you'll be "laying out" tomorrow. I don't understand why you don't have class specific forum areas. Now I'm just a humble mmo player but it seems to me that the number one reason people look at forums (not the only reason of course) is for builds over all.

I sure hope you've created sub forums in "Combat & Character Mechanics" rather than creating having a relative rats' nest under the topic. Give players CLARITY on where to go to find what their looking for, for at least one the all time primary reasons players go to the forums. Right now it is to ambiguous.

While I don't criticize you folks much this one really puzzles me.

I do enjoy your game though. Keep it up!

Not in my case ;)

I play how I want to play my chars and don't care much about "guides or builds from others". Most of the time the forum serves as a chat with the devs and CMs and to raise my voice in regards of content updates etc.

I might use 4 forum sections only right now, but not limited to the English ones alone as I speak a few languages ;)

Sotha_Sil wrote: »

This is a weird attitude you have there. Not everyone plays MMOs to be the king ;). Most players play casually and don't care about min maxing & co.
    Edited by Audigy on February 18, 2015 12:34PM
  • Nicator
    Nicator
    ✭✭
    ESO already have the best forums of any game :) keep up the good work.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As this overhaul is now about to go live I would like to ask a question. Will you be removing any posts during this change?
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• ZOS_AlanG
    ZOS_AlanG
    admin
    I looked at your pics on page 5 of this thread as directed. (I apologize, but I've not read the whole thread!) My understanding is that's the new lay out you'll be "laying out" tomorrow. I don't understand why you don't have class specific forum areas.
    There won't be individual class forums, nor will any section have sub-forums. The Combat & Character Mechanics forum is a good place to discuss classes and other skill lines, including build construction. Given that most skill lines are available to all characters, we felt it was important to have a single home for character discussion.
    Alan, will we see previews of threads if we hover over them?
    No, the new forums won't have this functionality.
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    As this overhaul is now about to go live I would like to ask a question. Will you be removing any posts during this change?
    No, although some threads will be moved around to better fit the new structure. If you have trouble finding a thread after the re-structure, you can always check the "Participated" menu item to see your recent activity.
    Forum Rules | Promoting Constructive Discussion | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Help Site

I’ve moved to a new position and I am no longer active on this forum. For assistance, please check the resources linked above
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_AlanG
    ZOS_AlanG
    admin
    We've started a fresh thread for discussing the overhaul. A big thanks to everyone who has given us feedback on the forums the past few months!

Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.