The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Forum Structure - Update & Feedback

• Inversus
    Inversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Polls cannot be edited after posting. I understand why that is, however whenever I try to edit the text explaining a poll, it comes up with an error - something along the lines of "select category"...

The re-addition of the disagree button would also be useful, however it should not give you -1 point, since there's nothing wrong with other opinions :)

And ty in advance for fixing the language select.
    Edited by Inversus on August 10, 2014 12:51PM
    VR14 EH Sorc
    VR1 AD NB Crafter
  • kassandratheclericb14_ESO
    This is regarding an RP category as I brought up in another thread.

When looking at the categories to the right, I believe to have a category for RP would allow everyone to see there is an RP section in the category list. I believe it would really be a boost to the Rp community to see it is supported and not have to go looking through several subforums (personally I would never have thought to look in the community creations section. But maybe I am a bit slow on that one! :) )

Thanks in advance.
  • KitLightning
    KitLightning
    ✭✭✭✭
    The ! sign is seen as an image in signatures :/
    "I'd rather be insane in a sane world, than sane in an insane world!" ~Me
    Warning - This is a spoiler and looking at it for too long may cause irrecoverable eyesight issues.
    ◔̯◔

MechWarrior: Living Legends – Total conversion modification for Crysis Wars.

kitlightning.deviantart
  • Sindala
    Sindala
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    -Make the forums work for IE users. Not all of us will install another internet OS just to use these forums fully.(you can tell the ones...they're the ones with the defauls ourobourus logo cos we cant change it to anything else)
    -Add the Signature ability, for some of us these are as much a part of us as our Chars our.
    -Add external Avatar option, again some of us have our own we use on every forum so we are easily recognised to our friends.
    -Add abit of colour, after a while these 'grey' forums look depressing.
    Being First is not the prize, it just mean's everyone can stab you in the back.
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sindala wrote: »
    -Make the forums work for IE users. Not all of us will install another internet OS just to use these forums fully.(you can tell the ones...they're the ones with the defauls ourobourus logo cos we cant change it to anything else)
    -Add the Signature ability, for some of us these are as much a part of us as our Chars our.
    -Add external Avatar option, again some of us have our own we use on every forum so we are easily recognised to our friends.

They won't add an external Avatar, it was an option during Betas, and it got abused. And no company will instate something that has already been proven vulnerable to abuse.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Moonchips
    Moonchips
    ✭✭✭
    Let us have custom avatars again :)
  • spinedoc
    spinedoc
    ✭✭✭
    My suggestion is to exclude moderators admonishing members from the dev tracker, although this would eliminate 90% of the dev tracker function, it's not like the devs really talk to us much on the forums, but I will take all I can get. I just don't want to weed through moderators doing their jobs when I'm looking for dev comments.
  • KitLightning
    KitLightning
    ✭✭✭✭
    -Make the forums work for IE users. Not all of us will install another internet OS just to use these forums fully.
    You sure this isn't how IE interprets the code, that it seems to fall back to the default when saving the profile, doesn't matter which avatar is selected.
    Two or three themes to chose from would be nice nod.gif
    Moonchips wrote: »
    Let us have animated avatars pretty please :)
    70f1a7267a2f2fd0bc8e732ec92ac54d-d7rqydt.gif
    Warning - This is a spoiler and looking at it for too long may cause irrecoverable eyesight issues.
    ◔̯◔

kitlightning.deviantart
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

They won't add an external Avatar, it was an option during Betas, and it got abused. And no company will instate something that has already been proven vulnerable to abuse.

They could let us use our characters face. How difficult would it be to implement a way to upload a screenshot of our character's face? I assume they could make an in game utility that saved it to their servers and then we just select it on the forums.
    :trollin:
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

They could let us use our characters face. How difficult would it be to implement a way to upload a screenshot of our character's face? I assume they could make an in game utility that saved it to their servers and then we just select it on the forums.

I have suggested that one myself, I hope they do do that.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • ZOS_AlanG
    ZOS_AlanG
    admin
    This is regarding an RP category as I brought up in another thread.

When looking at the categories to the right, I believe to have a category for RP would allow everyone to see there is an RP section in the category list. I believe it would really be a boost to the Rp community to see it is supported and not have to go looking through several subforums (personally I would never have thought to look in the community creations section. But maybe I am a bit slow on that one! :) )

Thanks in advance.
    As part of the overhaul we are looking to 'flatten' the forum structure, removing nesting and allowing all forums to be displayed on the categories page. Given the large number of forums, there will be other ways to manage what you see.
    The ! sign is seen as an image in signatures :/
    We just tested this and the signature saved properly, perhaps there was something else causing the problem?
    -What version of IE are you using?
    -Signatures can be added or edited here.
    -At this time we are not considering an external avatar option, although we may in the future. We do periodically add to the avatar pool.
    Forum Rules | Promoting Constructive Discussion | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Help Site

I’ve moved to a new position and I am no longer active on this forum. For assistance, please check the resources linked above
    Staff Post
  • Auldjohn
    Auldjohn
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to see external Avatars bumped up on the "wish list". My example:

Auldjohn%20Avatar%20by%20Isibis71044Thumb.jpg
    @AuldjohnThe Elder Sages' GuildMaster Sage & Co-Founderfacebook.com/groups/theeldersagesguild
    "Old gamers never die; they just respawn and game on!" • Our Slogan: Have Fun!!

Moot Envoy • Tamriel Foundry Adept • Steam ID Auldjohn
    YouTube auldjohnmastersage • Twitch AuldjohnPCGamer• Steam Group TESGs
  • RedMiniStapler
    RedMiniStapler
    ✭✭✭
    I wish "Home > Forums > General Discussion - English" would be at the bottle of the page as well... so i don't have to scroll all the way up to click 'General Discussion -English" link, preferably on top of 'Leave a Comment' or something.
  • KitLightning
    KitLightning
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_AlanG I have had the issue consistently on one OS (P7P55D-E Pro/r5770) while the other (Z77 Sabertooth/r7970) its never been present, I'm assuming it may be OS related, though the language is the same on both but with PS/2 and USB keyboard.

@Auldjohn Hmm I somehow imagine seeing more like these
    a-bean.gifavatar_1075_1309285182.gifdircspasser1emo.gifavatar_1075_1348506982.gifElephant-Trampoline-120.gif1347033360667.gif
    but I think they'd avoid all the silly stuff avatar_shumi-2014.gif:/

@RedMiniStapler it may be more suitable to have the Categories floating instead of bound to the top or...
    @Oevaag_Bur an arrow "to top" would be ok :astonished:
    ... besides the Quick Search button, optionally an arrow "to bottom" at the top ofc.
    ◔̯◔

kitlightning.deviantart
  • ZOS_AlanG
    ZOS_AlanG
    admin
    Based on the feedback we received from the community, we have added an ignore feature to our forums. This can be used to block private messages (PMs) and hide posts from up to 12 members. Detailed instructions on how to ignore and unignore members have been added to our searchable knowledge base.

As mentioned in the opening post of this thread, a large forum overhaul is planned for this autumn. We may have some smaller updates (like today's) in the meantime, and as always, we continue to gather everyone's feedback and suggestions regarding our forums.
    Forum Rules | Promoting Constructive Discussion | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Help Site

I’ve moved to a new position and I am no longer active on this forum. For assistance, please check the resources linked above
    Staff Post
  • ers101284b14_ESO
    ers101284b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_AlanG wrote: »
    Based on the feedback we received from the community, we have added an ignore feature to our forums. This can be used to block private messages (PMs) and hide posts from up to 12 members. Detailed instructions on how to ignore and unignore members have been added to our searchable knowledge base.

As mentioned in the opening post of this thread, a large forum overhaul is planned for this autumn. We may have some smaller updates (like today's) in the meantime, and as always, we continue to gather everyone's feedback and suggestions regarding our forums.

Aw man now no ones gonna talk to me on here. Seriously thanks for finally adding this function.
  • KitLightning
    KitLightning
    ✭✭✭✭
    And here I wanted to test that on @ZOS_AlanG‌ *snf* seem that your immune to such mundane actions :blush: Though that function may create some rather funky threads :D
    ◔̯◔

kitlightning.deviantart
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is amusing.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • Zabalah
    Zabalah
    ✭✭✭
    I thought we were looking for a 'disagree' button... where did 'ignore' come from?
  • butterfly442
    butterfly442
    ✭✭✭

I am quite sure there is WAY more than 12 annoying people on these boards.

Fail.

Edit: ZOS_AlanG was my first ignored person. Gratz.
    Edited by butterfly442 on August 14, 2014 6:25PM
  • MorHawk
    MorHawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zabalah wrote: »
    I thought we were looking for a 'disagree' button... where did 'ignore' come from?

We had that, and we lost it because of trolls. Not coming back.
    Observant wrote: »
    I can count to potato.
    another topic that cant see past its own farts.
    WWJLHD?
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zabalah wrote: »

Not like the disagree function which was here and was removed , the ignore function was something people used to ask and zen promised to add 2/3 months ago , just took them sometime.
    Edited by Nox_Aeterna on August 14, 2014 6:29PM
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • purple-magicb16_ESO
    purple-magicb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Preyfar wrote: »
    Will this change how the foreign languages are separated on the forums? I think that's my only issue - navigating through the forums and checking dev tracker has a lot of extra traffic to it because of that, and can make it a little harder to find what you're looking for.

Other than that, keep up the great work. <3

A simple filter should handle that easily enough.
    I don't comment here often but when I do, I get [snip]
  • KariTR
    KariTR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do we earn a badge for being ignored? B)
  • Sindala
    Sindala
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    -What version of IE are you using?
    -Signatures can be added or edited here.
    -At this time we are not considering an external avatar option, although we may in the future. We do periodically add to the avatar pool.

I use IE 11 on Windows 8 machine.
    Signatures don't save, the same problem as the avatars.
    Being First is not the prize, it just mean's everyone can stab you in the back.
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nevermind, was trying to be funny, but realised it needed an addendum which ruins the joke.
    Edited by AlexDougherty on August 14, 2014 6:55PM
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • ZOS_AlanG
    ZOS_AlanG
    admin
    I am quite sure there is WAY more than 12 annoying people on these boards.

Fail.

Edit: ZOS_AlanG was my first ignored person. Gratz.
    Mods and admin can't be added to the ignore list, you're stuck with us. :)

The default for Vanilla's ignore plug-in is 5 people. We've had this raised to 12, and may consider increasing it in the future after we see how it operates. In the meantime, you'll need to prioritize the 12 people you most want to ignore.
    KariTR wrote: »
    Nope.

Staff Post
  • KariTR
    KariTR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope.

I was totally kidding! :o
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope.

Not even a dye unlock in-game ;)?
  • Pele
    Pele
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank-you!
This discussion has been closed.