The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Forum Structure - Update & Feedback

• wookiefriseur
    wookiefriseur
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe she realized at that moment, that you are using Windows Vista.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sindala wrote: »
    So I was looking at the 'new' screenshots of the new forums and my daughter walked past and asked what I was looking at.
    I told her it was the new forums for the AAA game I play.
    She looked closer, laughed and walked away shaking her head whilst still laughing.
    Sort of says it all really.......she's 14.

Let's see...

Parent is reading a forum about an AAA game. Said Parent is not actually playing the game, but is instead browsing the forum about the game. Parent is not just browsing the forum about the game, but looking at pictures of what the forum for the game will look like in the future.

Daughter laughs and walks away shaking her head. Parent assumes Daughter is expressing an opinion about the forum. Parent may be incorrect. :smile:

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Sindala
    Sindala
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Patros wrote: »
    Maybe she realized at that moment, that you are using Windows Vista.

Really? that's your comeback? cos you can really use that operating system and play games :p
    Oh she plays games, mostly on her phone and even some of there forums look far better than this $300million game.
    I keep looking at the other game I play right now, Istaria. A +10 year old game and the resemblance between the forums and these is remarkable. Shesh...even UO has a better forum on Stratics. Not to mention you can post pictures and use graphical signatures.....
    Being First is not the prize, it just mean's everyone can stab you in the back.
  • Sindala
    Sindala
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well i'd say the whole F2P bit at least explains why nothing was done on these forums. The 'gamers' you are about to receive only use Reddit thus that will become the official forum.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well i'd say the whole F2P bit at least explains why nothing was done on these forums. The 'gamers' you are about to receive only use Reddit thus that will become the official forum.

Actually, I think the reason could be more along the lines of a security issue that ZOS found in the forum software that was just recently fixed.

@ZOS_AlanG‌ is the forum update still happening or has that been sidelined?
  • ZOS_AlanG
    ZOS_AlanG
    admin
    We're still working on the forum overhaul. The upgrade will require taking the forums down for the day, which is not something we want to do so soon after this week's announcements, or right after Update 6 hits PTS. We should have news for everyone in February.
    Forum Rules | Promoting Constructive Discussion | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Help Site

I’ve moved to a new position and I am no longer active on this forum. For assistance, please check the resources linked above
    Staff Post
  • Sindala
    Sindala
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_AlanG wrote: »
    We're still working on the forum overhaul. The upgrade will require taking the forums down for the day, which is not something we want to do so soon after this week's announcements, or right after Update 6 hits PTS. We should have news for everyone in February.

You mite aswell, Zenimax has shafted us on everything else in the game, mite aswell do the forums too.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, yeah, that is going to be popular. :smile:

I don't envy y'all the task of trying to find the best time to do it.

• wookiefriseur
    wookiefriseur
    ✭✭✭✭
  • TalkingPear
    TalkingPear
    Soul Shriven
    *pic*
    I know right, it would make everything so much easier.
  • ZOS_AlanG
    ZOS_AlanG
    admin
    *pic*
    I know right, it would make everything so much easier.
    If the forums were down all today you wouldn't be able to read the PTS patch notes when they go up!
    Forum Rules | Promoting Constructive Discussion | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Help Site

I’ve moved to a new position and I am no longer active on this forum. For assistance, please check the resources linked above
    Staff Post
  • Sindala
    Sindala
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure you would...their posted on Reddit first :p
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there no way to have a separate page on the website for Patch Notes?

The Dev Tacker is once again useless due to the mass posts and even worse the PTS 1.6 67 pages of doom. :disappointed:
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • patrykplawskib16_ESO

You mite aswell, Zenimax has shafted us on everything else in the game, mite aswell do the forums too.
    if they do try to perform maintenance it will be hell and we cant report broken ability's and what not so id rather keep forums up for the PTS as id like to keep the game unbroken as much as there is allot of things broken lol.

Dunmer Master Race
  • Soulshine
    Soulshine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am sure this has been brought up before by many, but it is rrrreally old and annoying to have to keep looking at "my bookmarks" and "unanswered questions" numbers that link to nothing. When are you people EVER planning to clean those up?
  • SanderBuraas
    SanderBuraas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably been suggested before, but I would like to recieve notifications when my posts are quoted.
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Smepic wrote: »
    Probably been suggested before, but I would like to recieve notifications when my posts are quoted.

You would probably regret it if they did, you would get endless notifications, and it would only work if they quoted it directly rather than paste and cover it with quote tags, which some people do.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • ZOS_AlanG
    ZOS_AlanG
    admin
    Turelus wrote: »
    Is there no way to have a separate page on the website for Patch Notes?
    Patch notes for Live are currently housed on the main site: http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/category/patch-notes

However, the forums are also useful for collecting feedback, especially right after releasing new content. Players can use /feedback in game as well, of course, but we don't want to take the forums down shortly after an important patch or release.
    Soulshine wrote: »
    I am sure this has been brought up before by many, but it is rrrreally old and annoying to have to keep looking at "my bookmarks" and "unanswered questions" numbers that link to nothing. When are you people EVER planning to clean those up?
    The issue with unanswered questions tracking improperly is still being investigated. If you're having problems with phantom booksmarks, send us a PM and we can investigate.
    Smepic wrote: »
    This is not currently supported functionality.

Staff Post
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Now that it is February, I will ask:

Will the new forum structure be in place before the Tamriel Unlimited transition in March? I can see a lot of newer players becoming confused by the way things are laid out now. Of course then those of us already here will need to learn to navigate the new forum, but at least we know a bit about what to expect.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can we have a forum, or subforum, for discussions on Lore, quite a few of us really really like the Elder Scrolls Lore, and I'm sure some have questions that would be mocked in any current forum.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we have a forum, or subforum, for discussions on Lore, quite a few of us really really like the Elder Scrolls Lore, and I'm sure some have questions that would be mocked in any current forum.

Lore is technically the province of Bethesda. Try the Bethsoft forum: http://forums.bethsoft.com/forum/16-elder-scrolls-lore/

• AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Lore is technically the province of Bethesda. Try the Bethsoft forum: http://forums.bethsoft.com/forum/16-elder-scrolls-lore/

Yes I know, but I was envisioning something less formal and more fun.
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xnemesis wrote: »
    Class specific forums pls

Yes! Pretty much if there is a division, I'd like to see an "area" for it.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Alphashado
    Alphashado
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Get rid of the LOL option. It's just used and abused as a way for people here to flame each other. And all of you trolls that want to "lol" this post, please do. It just proves my point.
    Edited by Alphashado on February 10, 2015 4:30PM
  • Iago
    Iago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alphashado wrote: »
    Get rid of the LOL option. It's just used and abused as a way for people here to flame each other.

I thought you were supposed to use the LOL button when something was funny.
    That which we obtain to cheap we esteem to lightly, it is dearness only that gives everything its value.

-Thomas Pain

• Nazon_Katts
    Nazon_Katts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iago wrote: »
    Get rid of the LOL option. It's just used and abused as a way for people here to flame each other.

NOOO! I am just 67 points short of the 500 LoLs Badge! Don't take that away from me! (or lol me harder)
    Edited by Nazon_Katts on February 12, 2015 11:00AM
    "You've probably figured that out by now. Let's hope so. Or we're in real trouble... and out come the intestines. And I skip rope with them!"
  • Iago
    Iago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iago wrote: »

NOOO! I am just 71 points short of the 500 LoLs Badge! Don't take that away from me! (or lol me harder)

There I just gave you a lol
    That which we obtain to cheap we esteem to lightly, it is dearness only that gives everything its value.

-Thomas Pain

• Neizir
    Neizir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey Alan, you said some news about the overhaul was coming this month.

Are you able to give us a status update or even some new pics of the new forum?
    Neizir Stormstrider

EU Megaserver

UK
    ▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
    I have a fancy signature.
    ▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
  • Bloodfang
    Bloodfang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This evening at 9:00 pm EST the forums will be taken down for maintenance. The forums are expected to be back up by 10:00 pm EST. Thank you forunderstanding.

Is this finally the Forum Overhaul?
    Edited by Bloodfang on February 12, 2015 12:00AM
  • ZOS_TristanK
    ZOS_TristanK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, @Bloodfang‌, not quite yet. Just a server reboot. Trust us, we'll let everyone know when the forum overhaul is coming as soon as we can.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.