The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Forum Structure - Update & Feedback

• Bollerlotte
    Bollerlotte
    ✭✭✭
    What if like more then 12 humans on this world are going to suck?
  • Audigy
    Audigy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I honestly don't really see why I should ignore someone but I guess it will be helpful for some members ;)
  • KitLightning
    KitLightning
    ✭✭✭✭
    @purple-magicb16_ESO‌ That would be the invisible dye right ??? Can't wait for that one though...
    "I'd rather be insane in a sane world, than sane in an insane world!" ~Me
    Warning - This is a spoiler and looking at it for too long may cause irrecoverable eyesight issues.
    ◔̯◔

MechWarrior: Living Legends – Total conversion modification for Crysis Wars.

kitlightning.deviantart
  • Auldjohn
    Auldjohn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sindala wrote: »
    ZOS_AlanG wrote: »
    -Make the forums work for IE users. Not all of us will install another internet OS just to use these forums fully.(you can tell the ones...they're the ones with the defauls ourobourus logo cos we cant change it to anything else)
    -Add the Signature ability, for some of us these are as much a part of us as our Chars our.
    -Add external Avatar option, again some of us have our own we use on every forum so we are easily recognised to our friends.
    -Add abit of colour, after a while these 'grey' forums look depressing.
    -What version of IE are you using?
    -Signatures can be added or edited here.
    -At this time we are not considering an external avatar option, although we may in the future. We do periodically add to the avatar pool.

I use IE 11 on Windows 8 machine.
    Signatures don't save, the same problem as the avatars.

I have the same problem with Profile Signature and Avatar selections not functioning on IE. I had to use Firefox for my recent Avatar change and Signature update.

Tech Specs:

Windows 8.1 Desktop Mode using StarDock Start8
    Start8 allows Desktop Mode as default interface

Browsers:
    Profile Avatar selection and Signature edit/save do not work with:

IE 11 Desktop Mode (not Metro)
    Internet Explorer 11.0.9600.17239
    Update versions: 11.0.11 (KB2976627)
    Product ID: 00150-20000-00003-AA459

Profile Avatar and Signature functions DO work with:
    Firefox 31.0 Desktop Mode

@AuldjohnThe Elder Sages' GuildMaster Sage & Co-Founderfacebook.com/groups/theeldersagesguild
    "Old gamers never die; they just respawn and game on!" • Our Slogan: Have Fun!!

Moot Envoy • Tamriel Foundry Adept • Steam ID Auldjohn
    YouTube auldjohnmastersage • Twitch AuldjohnPCGamer• Steam Group TESGs
  • seaef
    seaef
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Based on the feedback we received from the community, we have added an ignore feature to our forums. This can be used to block private messages (PMs) and hide posts from up to 12 members.

Marry me.
    "The Illuminati are very achievement focused. It's like Xbox - only everything is hardcore."
    - Kirsten Geary
  • Kcttocs
    Kcttocs
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to see a forum compatible with Tapatalk.
  • MorHawk
    MorHawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now we just need the language filter, and to make it so that you don't get those few repeated topics when you go to the next page, and we'll be good.
    Observant wrote: »
    I can count to potato.
    another topic that cant see past its own farts.
    WWJLHD?
  • Talrenos
    Talrenos
    ✭✭✭✭
    As mentioned in the opening post of this thread, a large forum overhaul is planned for this autumn. .......

Translation: " We are tired of getting blasted on our forums by players. We are going to wipe the forums and institute rules and code to prevent such posts being made and turn the forums into a place where only fanboi's can post."

• Hamfast
    Hamfast
    ✭✭✭✭
    @purple-magicb16_ESO‌ That would be the invisible dye right ??? Can't wait for that one though...

Mail Man Blue/Grey... it also keeps you from interacting with anyone else in the world except for Dogs, that will attack you on sight... no, you will not be able to attack back...
    Of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most...
  • Melian
    Melian
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zabalah wrote: »
    I thought we were looking for a 'disagree' button... where did 'ignore' come from?

So we can ignore people who want a disagree button!
  • KitLightning
    KitLightning
    ✭✭✭✭
    The ! sign is seen as an image in signatures :/
    We just tested this and the signature saved properly, perhaps there was something else causing the problem?

Weird, just weird... I'm clueless, last comment here it worked, now it doesn't again. Nothing new installed between that date and today. Chrome version 36.0.1985.143 m :/
    weird.jpg
    *Backlogged*
    Warning - This is a spoiler and looking at it for too long may cause irrecoverable eyesight issues.
    ◔̯◔

kitlightning.deviantart
  • Sindala
    Sindala
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do people actually have picture signatures on here? I ask as I don't now or ever have seen any? So how can signatures be working if nobody has anything but text as their sig?
    Being First is not the prize, it just mean's everyone can stab you in the back.
  • Arkadius
    Arkadius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like to see an option to hide user created polls. Most of them are simply pointless...
  • KitLightning
    KitLightning
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Sindala We are are not allowed such features. If it where I believe a significant part of the members would, since it is a perfect way to advertise for your guild. I'm unsure of the reason for not having this on, that the signature can be set to not being displayed on the site or via mobile devices. Setting a maximum (width/height/.kb) size limiter on the image or signature area is another approach to void abuse of such a feature.
    I've used the below with no issues on other sites :(
    faf-biggy4_mwo262.gif
    Even though the file size is above the usual.
    ◔̯◔

kitlightning.deviantart
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Do people actually have picture signatures on here? I ask as I don't now or ever have seen any? So how can signatures be working if nobody has anything but text as their sig?

A few have images made out of grammatical symbols, but only a few.
    They can look very cool, but no proper pictures.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Resueht
    Resueht
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to see a Hide Post option for all the circle-jerk posts in General. They all end up saying the same thing and don't contribute much new material for discussion.
    If she doesn't know the pain of cliffracers, she's too young for you.
  • KitLightning
    KitLightning
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Resueht We have the "ignore/unignore" function added this month :(
    ◔̯◔

kitlightning.deviantart
  • Resueht
    Resueht
    ✭✭✭
    @KitLightning‌ While I do like this as an option, I was more talking about an option for hiding specific topics. Not based on the person, but on a topic-to-topic basis.
  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there a way to disable the automatic draft saving feature? It's laggy on mobile devices and uses unnecessary data. I also have to periodically clean up saved drafts for posts I will never actually respond to.

Perhaps only store drafts locally?
  • GTaichou
    GTaichou
    ✭✭✭
    I think having a bug forum separate from customer support would be helpful. Just because the game is out doesn't mean it's perfect yet. ;)
    ~思いにふける物~
    Co-GM of The Psijic Order - Mara's Moxie
    "Give Bethesda a /hug by providing them with some /bug" ~Lief440b14_ESO
  • KitLightning
    KitLightning
    ✭✭✭✭
    Resueht wrote: »
    @KitLightning‌ While I do like this as an option, I was more talking about an option for hiding specific topics. Not based on the person, but on a topic-to-topic basis.

I'm unsure if that exists for this forum's format, that is, the ability to blacklist certain words per individual account. Also you would still be presented with such topics, that those posters simply would change the wording of the title.
    GTaichou wrote: »
    I think having a bug forum separate from customer support would be helpful. Just because the game is out doesn't mean it's perfect yet. ;)

You mean for the current release and not the PTS or the Known Issues reports.
    However feasible a permanent board may seem, e.g. such as this, and also having that tied to another permanent board for the Known Issues. At a scale such as ESO is, I don't believe it is even worth the effort, that they have their own internal tracking system, of which we are presented with a summary from, e.g. borked-achievements, with all the resolved and current issues that we need to know.
    Although having such boards consistently moderated at a regular time-frame, per patch, may be of interest. It is not at all wise to have out in the open, hence why the PTS board is somewhat hidden, down there. Looking at it from a PR view, it may in all discourage new customers from purchasing the game.
    ◔̯◔

kitlightning.deviantart
  • Resueht
    Resueht
    ✭✭✭
    Resueht wrote: »

I'm unsure if that exists for this forum's format, that is, the ability to blacklist certain words per individual account. Also you would still be presented with such topics, that those posters simply would change the wording of the title.

@KitLightning‌ I guess I should choose my words more carefully. What I meant was I would like to ignore certain threads (I used the word topic in lieu of thread). I don't want to block future posts, but instead if a thread comes up that I personally don't to see anymore, I wold like to hide it (i.e. myriads of inane polls).
  • KitLightning
    KitLightning
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Resueht No at least from what the replies on the vanillaforum on similar topics hints, there are no want nor need for such a feature, that the format is all about open conversations. Only thing that comes close are the pluginns to hide entire categories :/
    ◔̯◔

kitlightning.deviantart
  • Atrahasis
    Atrahasis
    ✭✭
    The guild forums are really confusing. I think they should be broken down better.

Guild Recruitment > NA or EU > AD or EP or DC
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Atrahasis wrote: »
    The guild forums are really confusing. I think they should be broken down better.

Guild Recruitment > NA or EU > AD or EP or DC

Agreed, the server is far more important than the faction.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Psychobunni
    Psychobunni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A trade guild specific under the guild HQ would be nice as well. This way they could state if they have a kiosk/where, if they are charging membership fees, etc....vs spamming chat for someone in "xxxxx" guild whose kiosk you just saw to pm you about joining info.

Kiosks killed my trade guilds :( I need new ones, I can't be the only one.
    If options weren't necessary, and everyone played the same way, no one would use addons. Fix the UI!

• Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would suggest increasing the contrast of text when viewing forum or thread lists.

What we have here (for forum thread lists) is essentially brown text on brown backing (okay, more of a tan hue, but lets not split hairs), which is a definite no-no for quick and easy readability (even though it looks good from a style perspective).

This is great if you want text to sort of "fade out" and only be noticeable when looking for it, but when viewing a list of objects (such as threads), the text needs to really "pop out" for maximum ease of reading.

The border surrounding posts could also stand to be a touch darker, in my opinion. By having a light frame around a dark object, you distract from the object (in this case, a dark tan post box with black text in it).

For example, take a medium sized dark image and pop open an image editor. Expand the canvas to the size of your monitor, and fill in the empty space with black. Now, create a duplicate, and fill in the space with white. Save the images, and view them one after the other. See how much the light border distracts from the image?

tl;dr version - Forum design is mostly great, but I believe it has some color contrast issues.
    Edited by Sarenia on August 31, 2014 4:58PM
    [beta_group_85b_9]
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have an idea. How about a filter system that allows me to search for discussions by date and month. Is kind bothersome to see discussions complaining about stuff that is fix now and happen two or three months ago. It would be nice just to see posts of later discussions.
  • arena25
    arena25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a new suggestion for a new forum section:

This one labelled "Off Topic."

The reason I wish for an "Off Topic" section to be added is because I had started a thread titled "Best Prank You've Ever Done" in an attempt to get some laughs out. It proved very, very popular, but sadly, @ZOS_UlyssesW‌ had to close it because it was not related to ESO, which I expected would be the case.

So, my simple request: Can we have our own "Off Topic" section here on the forums? It might lead to some very interesting discussions, and besides that, several other forums for other games have their own "Off Topic" section for discussions like "Best Prank You've Ever Done". It might also prove useful for topics such as "La Copa Mundial", or even topics such as "What is your favorite music?" If we had an Off Topic section, we could do that.

Of course, we will have to follow Code of Conduct, but I am fairly certain we can all do that, no?

Zenimax, what do you think?
    If you can't handle the heat...stay out of the kitchen!
  • Moonglum83
    Moonglum83
    ✭✭✭
    One small request if I may:

When a moderator removes a post, even one that is not disruptive or insulting or full of swear words, could you please state the exact reason why it has been removed and not just give us copy/paste responses.

I have seen posts removed that were on-topic and civil, whilst swear-laden posts are still up.

I fully understand moderating and making sure this is a fun and safe place to discuss ESO, but at least be forthcoming and fair across the board.

Oh, and a dislike button please.

Thanks for all you hard work.
    Edited by Moonglum83 on September 2, 2014 5:37AM
This discussion has been closed.