The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Forum Structure - Update & Feedback

• Neizir
    Neizir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How's the overhaul going at the moment? Do we have an ETA yet?
    Neizir Stormstrider

EU Megaserver

UK
    ▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
    I have a fancy signature.
    ▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
  • ZOS_AlanG
    ZOS_AlanG
    admin
    We're still hard at work on the forum overhaul, and we should have an update next week on its status.
    Forum Rules | Promoting Constructive Discussion | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Help Site

I’ve moved to a new position and I am no longer active on this forum. For assistance, please check the resources linked above
    Staff Post
  • gstewart0413b14_ESO
    Thanks for fixing my forum account.

IDK if this was fixed from my ticket or during a maintenance cycle. I have no idea when it was corrected. I quit reading the forums since the bug was so annoying. Nice to know that I can read these again.
  • ZOS_AlanG
    ZOS_AlanG
    admin
    We wanted to let everyone know the forum overhaul will not be releasing this month. We continue to work on it, and will update everyone on their status as soon as we can.

If you haven’t seen them already, we posted some WIP screenshots earlier in the season.
    Forum Rules | Promoting Constructive Discussion | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Help Site

I’ve moved to a new position and I am no longer active on this forum. For assistance, please check the resources linked above
    Staff Post
  • Theegoliath
    Theegoliath
    ✭✭✭
    I havnt read all 7 pages, but didnt see a feature in the new pics to go "back to the top", like on craigslist. To me it is a must have for smart phone users like myself. It ends up being a lot of scrolling with out that feature.
  • ZOS_AlanG
    ZOS_AlanG
    admin
    The screenshots represent the new desktop/tablet theme. We'll also be implementing the newest mobile theme for Vanilla forums.

Staff Post
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love if we could sort of forum search by date, it is quite tedious to search for something (a build for example) and find the first 26 pages are all from April.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Need.... New.... Tracker... Columns... Killing... Me.... Ughhhs..... :astonished:
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • nukeemstudiosub17_ESO
    Hum nice to see the forums are getting attention.

Ya now just maybe ZOS you can focus on the game!! That would be great! Just saying!
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ya now just maybe ZOS you can focus on the game!! That would be great! Just saying!

ZOS farmed out the forums to a vendor. It is probably the vendor that is doing all the work. :smile: I guess we don't even really know if AlanG is a ZOS employee or someone who works for Vanilla Forums.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Joejudas
    Joejudas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i took down my post it wasnt related to the topic.
    Edited by Joejudas on December 28, 2014 6:41PM
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Website developer =/= games developer.

Unless you think ESO is running on HTML and Vanilla forums code? :disagree:
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS_AlanG wrote: »
    I am quite sure there is WAY more than 12 annoying people on these boards.

Fail.

Edit: ZOS_AlanG was my first ignored person. Gratz.
    Mods and admin can't be added to the ignore list, you're stuck with us. :)

The default for Vanilla's ignore plug-in is 5 people. We've had this raised to 12, and may consider increasing it in the future after we see how it operates. In the meantime, you'll need to prioritize the 12 people you most want to ignore.
    KariTR wrote: »
    Do we earn a badge for being ignored? B)
    Nope.

This is the most awesome CS post ever.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ-qZ3XszfxiG5LDsYT12SBrK_L-egFCgcrQuThmNRZpYA5zxxP
    :trollin:
  • ZOS_AlanG
    ZOS_AlanG
    admin

ZOS farmed out the forums to a vendor. It is probably the vendor that is doing all the work. :smile: I guess we don't even really know if AlanG is a ZOS employee or someone who works for Vanilla Forums.
    I'm a member of the Social Team at ZeniMax. :)

Staff Post
  • Joejudas
    Joejudas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^this is pretty funny. i think the admin wins lol
  • Neizir
    Neizir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey Alan, how's the forum overhaul going? Do we have a release window, or even a date?
    Neizir Stormstrider

EU Megaserver

UK
    ▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
    ▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_AlanG So is the update coming out in January or is it going to come out in February?
  • Nazon_Katts
    Nazon_Katts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Joejudas wrote: »
    ^this is pretty funny. i think the admin wins lol

@ZOS_AlanG was, is and always will be the best man in the house. The only thing he fracked up, is that the mark-all-viewed button still is lying readily in the midst of the menu waiting for me fumble fingers to accidentally touch it. And it sure loves touching.
    "You've probably figured that out by now. Let's hope so. Or we're in real trouble... and out come the intestines. And I skip rope with them!"
  • ZOS_AlanG
    ZOS_AlanG
    admin
    We are still working on some remaining parts of the forum overhaul, and don't have a scheduled date for launching it. Once we do, we'll let everyone know.
    @ZOS_AlanG was, is and always will be the best man in the house. The only thing he fracked up, is that the mark-all-viewed button still is lying readily in the midst of the menu waiting for me fumble fingers to accidentally touch it. And it sure loves touching.
    With the overhaul there's no longer a right menu bar, and most options are in a drop down on the top menu bar. Granted, "Mark All Viewed" is still in the midst of it all.

Staff Post
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to give some feedback since it has been quite the discussion and I wanted your input as well. If this game goes Free to Play I have no intention of continuing to play. Free to play will invite even more of the trolls and haters and want ESO administration to tell us what their plans are. I planned to play this game for years but won't as f2p games don't get worked on to fix the many bugs still in this game that I can live with because I know somebody is working on them. I don't care about pigs or dogs or mud crabs I want content and no lag in Cyrodil. F2p turns into creating crap and selling it like it was sent from heaven. No thanks!
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DHale wrote: »
    I want to give some feedback since it has been quite the discussion and I wanted your input as well. If this game goes Free to Play I have no intention of continuing to play. Free to play will invite even more of the trolls and haters and want ESO administration to tell us what their plans are. I planned to play this game for years but won't as f2p games don't get worked on to fix the many bugs still in this game that I can live with because I know somebody is working on them. I don't care about pigs or dogs or mud crabs I want content and no lag in Cyrodil. F2p turns into creating crap and selling it like it was sent from heaven. No thanks!

@DHale Umm... this post is about the Forum Structure Update and Feeback of what it is in bold. Complaints about free 2 play or other things that are not about the forum update should be posted on another post about that subject.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are still working on some remaining parts of the forum overhaul, and don't have a scheduled date for launching it. Once we do, we'll let everyone know.

Thanks for the update.

I am really hoping that the forum changes can help better manage the information flow on the forum. I am one of the people that still uses the recommendation to follow "Recent Discussions" in order to collapse things into a single view.

The downside to that is that I also get the parts I don't want.

Yeah, I was being silly. :smile:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • alainjbrennanb16_ESO
    alainjbrennanb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    could you put a stop to the constant posts about the nasayers saying or trying to make this game free to play on the forum as it seems from me it is none stop and ruins what the forum was supposed to be for ideas and discussion about the game not people trolling
    Main character dk - Vanikifar whitestrike
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be awesome if the mobile version of the forums was actually useful.. And pretty. Always needing to check that "force desktop version" is lame, and then it's too big because obviously its not meant to view on a phone.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • smee_z
    smee_z
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I have accidentally clicked on that Mark All Read once. Was really pissed.
    PC NA

Games are meant to be played.

Back in Auriel's Bow 1.0, I have thought that the best way to handicap a faction with the HUGE pop advantage is to temporarily disable their grouping functionality and their ability to fight in 3rd person point of view! Let's see if these do not even up the odds.
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    smee_z wrote: »
    Yeah I have accidentally clicked on that Mark All Read once. Was really pissed.

er, do you mean drunk or annoyed?

If annoyed then yeah, done that myself.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Neizir
    Neizir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey Alan, I have a question.

Is Best Of going to return in the overhaul? Will we see something else like a "top threads" section?
    Neizir Stormstrider

EU Megaserver

UK
    ▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
    ▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
  • ZOS_AlanG
    ZOS_AlanG
    admin
    "Best of" was never fully implemented, and at this time there are no plans to bring it back with the overhaul. You will find that "Recent Discussions" is more usable, as it will no longer include content from all three languages, just the one you have selected.

Staff Post
  • Sindala
    Sindala
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I was looking at the 'new' screenshots of the new forums and my daughter walked past and asked what I was looking at.
    I told her it was the new forums for the AAA game I play.
    She looked closer, laughed and walked away shaking her head whilst still laughing.
    Sort of says it all really.......she's 14.
    Being First is not the prize, it just mean's everyone can stab you in the back.
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sindala wrote: »
    So I was looking at the 'new' screenshots of the new forums and my daughter walked past and asked what I was looking at.
    I told her it was the new forums for the AAA game I play.
    She looked closer, laughed and walked away shaking her head whilst still laughing.
    Sort of says it all really.......she's 14.
    And what that suppose to mean. That your child seem to have a better judgement of what a forum should look like. I never thought forums ever look good.They are just a place to comment on. So I do not see the point of a 14 year opinion about a forum looking bad validated.
This discussion has been closed.