The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Known Issues for Update 3

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
Below is a list of known issues we've identified since rolling out Update 3. You will see a status below each issue, and we’ll update this thread as we have more info on each.

Combat & Gameplay
  • You may get stuck in a falling animation when switching weapons in mid-air, crouching, and switching weapons again. You can temporarily fix this by simply moving your character.
  • If you summon your horse near objects with collision, you can end up stuck in the collision and/or be killed.
  • When you switch weapons, your helm and shoulder appearance will change. Note that your stats do not actually change, and relogging will temporarily fix this.
  • There have been reports of various issues relating to bows, including the health bar desyncing.
  • The fixes for Magma Armor do not appear to have been applied.
    • STATUS: Identified the issue and will be fixed in a future patch
  • There are a number of issues being seen with weapon swapping, including the incorrect weapon being displayed and the weapon being unsheathed when it should be sheathed.
  • We are aware of an issue where some of you are able to do more damage than intended.

Dungeons & Group Content
  • Selene's Web: If you log out while downstairs in Phase Two and the fight resets, you may be desynced after you log back in.
  • Hel Ra Citadel (Difficult Mode): You are unable to use the Stone Form’s synergy Destructive Outbreak.
  • The gear you obtain from Trials (Difficult Mode) is currently Bind on Equip, which is not intended. The gear should be Bind on Pickup. There are also related issues with gear you receive from the regular Trials.

Crafting & Economy
  • Critters are not currently dropping dropping guts, and there are issues with collecting leather and hide scraps. This is unintended, and will be addressed in a future patch.

Miscellaneous
  • We're seeing reports of various oddities related to guild rank permissions, particularly with the officer rank.
  • Some of you have reported having pink armor after patch v1.3.3. While we did adjust many of our armor tints as noted in the patch notes, we did not intend for you to have light pink armor by default.
  • Some dyes were unintentionally rewarded if you did not complete the achievement for it yet.
  • We've seen reports that some of you may be experiencing a memory leak since Update 3.
  • We are aware that some achievements are not being awarded properly. Please check out our official Broken Achievements thread for more information and for the status of these achievements.

UI
  • A UI error will pop up when you attempt to report another player character through the chat or radial menu. The report does go through, but the error may cause confusion.
  • Icons for Group Dungeons are showing as incomplete, even though they have been completed.
  • Enchanting Runes are returned or stacking strangely, then corrupting
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Played my nightblade for about 30 minutes. I love the new armor dyes. The combat seemed a lot faster and more fluid. I think i noticed a huge difference in the new Night's Silence set. The 60% increase was nice. It's wonderful that I can now reset so cheap to really figure out how I want to spec too bad it's temporary. It would be really awesome if we could reset just the abilities we want so that we don't have to spend all the points each time we want to try out one ability differently.
    :trollin:
  • _subjectnamehere_
    _subjectnamehere_
    ✭✭✭
    Played my nightblade for about 30 minutes. I love the new armor dyes. The combat seemed a lot faster and more fluid. I think i noticed a huge difference in the new Night's Silence set. The 60% increase was nice. It's wonderful that I can now reset so cheap to really figure out how I want to spec too bad it's temporary. It would be really awesome if we could reset just the abilities we want so that we don't have to spend all the points each time we want to try out one ability differently.

Respec costs will be cheaper than they were before after patch 1.3.4. But I do agree with you...I wish we could just pay gold and respec only a few points and not the entire thing.
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Respec costs will be cheaper than they were before after patch 1.3.4. But I do agree with you...I wish we could just pay gold and respec only a few points and not the entire thing.

I keep hearing that they will be cheaper but nothing about an actual amount.
    :trollin:
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Just added the following known issue to the original post:

Miscellaneous
    • We're seeing reports of various oddities related to guild rank permissions, particularly with the officer rank.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Anath_Q
    Anath_Q
    ✭✭✭✭
    Guild store: Unable to access items currently posted for sale, or add new items to sell in active guild stores. Says I do not belong to the guild (which I do).

Bug reported in game as well.

| GM Cheesemongers of Nirn |
  • Meggedo
    Meggedo
    Great job on the patch, I remember when development actually tested patches before release. Like most software release now, rush to market, worry about exploits, hacks, and functionality later. Welcome to one of those big OS developers.
    Overlord of Black Knights of Virtue, Needful Things, and White Knights of Virtue
  • Meggedo
    Meggedo
    Try a virtual server for the test first, then release live.
    Overlord of Black Knights of Virtue, Needful Things, and White Knights of Virtue
  • Meggedo
    Meggedo

Reset cost is only a few days long, then returns to original cost. Read patch notes
  • BillyMailman
    BillyMailman
    ✭✭✭
    I've had an issue with one of the new achievements not giving back credit. Rare Styles Master isn't awarding, nor am I showing as having any of the individual styles when I expand the achievement details, even though I've had all five of them since before the patch.

In addition, I've been hitting a graphical bug. Sometimes, when I switch weapons, it doesn't switch, visually. I'm left holding my sword/shield, but animating and using bow attacks, or vice versa. It's happened twice so far today, and I managed to grab screenshots the second time, with my character using a bow, but showing the sword/shield:

y4nARRZ.jpg
    gciJO30.jpg

As you can see, I'm drawing back my sword, and it's flinging around like a bowstring. I can use all my bow attacks, too; this is purely visual.
  • jimbot70
    jimbot70
    Soul Shriven
    Is the achievement for the rare racial styles supposed to be greyed out even if you already know every style in the game?
  • jj69chevub17_ESO
    Is the pet collision intended? Its really frustrating trying to leave a dye station that is packed when i can't move because of vanity an summoned pets
    Edited by jj69chevub17_ESO on August 4, 2014 8:53PM
  • Tallarra
    Tallarra
    all the group dungeons are now showing as uncleared on my map despite having cleared them all on normal mode before the patch..
  • Stonesthrow
    Stonesthrow
    ✭✭✭✭
    Meggedo wrote: »

Reset cost is only a few days long, then returns to original cost. Read patch notes

No... they are not returning to the original amount… re-read the notes Captain Snarky.

Combat & Gameplay
    General

The cost to respec has been reduced to 1 gold per skill point or stat point. Note that this is a temporary change and in approximately one week, respec costs will return to a normal (but reduced) cost in patch v1.3.4.
    Edited by Stonesthrow on August 4, 2014 8:59PM
  • Mercenary55
    Mercenary55
    Soul Shriven
    I've noticed several bugs after update 3. One of them is I have armor dyes unlocked for achievements I haven't done yet. For example I'm on my first character and I'm lvl 31 but I have a dye for level 50 achievement, I have dyes unlocked for gaining ranks in alliance war yet I haven't done any pvp yet, and I had the dye for master angler (or something similar to that), these are the ones off the top of my head.

Also I'm wearing lvl 26 nord heavy armor and the eye slots on the helmet are blacked out and you can't see my characters eyes. Looks silly cause its a helm that covers the upper half of the face but not the lower jaw, so you can see his beard but eyes are black.

Thats all I've noticed for now. Hope we see some fixes soon.
    Edited by Mercenary55 on August 4, 2014 9:53PM
  • Mercenary55
    Mercenary55
    Soul Shriven
    Oh also wasn't sure if this was intended, but I was wearing heavy nord armor crafted by a dragonknight friend of mine, and the dragonknight armor had that dark colour to it, but after update 3 the colours changed on it and it looked more like armor created by a templar. thanks
    Edited by Mercenary55 on August 4, 2014 9:53PM
  • Tallarra
    Tallarra
    another thing i'm finding broken is critters dont drop guts anymore...
  • KleanZlate
    KleanZlate
    ✭✭✭

I think the cost will be 25% cheaper and IIRC there will be an option to pay only for skill morph changes later on.
  • ESOcrafter
    ESOcrafter
    ✭✭
    Not sure if this was intended, but all the group dungeons on my map show that they have not been completed even though I have done them all (Spindleclutch, Banished Cells, Blackheart Haven, etc,etc).
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hard mode on Aetherian Archive is resulting in atronarchs dropping forever and the Mage herself never coming down to fight, for my group.
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    Soul Shriven
    Bow knockback animation is not working right. The mobs are running standing still, then teleporting away and running back to me.
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hel Ra hard mode seems to be working properly for the Destructive Outbreak synergy for the group I've been going with tonight, just did a couple of attempts. We aren't going back in for a second run-through of the hard though, so can't say if it is only intermittent or not... prompts for person petrified to use a synergy, person uses synergy and it explodes quickly in a large circle around them gibbing anyone nearby who hasn't moved away. User is freed unharmed.
    Edited by Attorneyatlawl on August 5, 2014 12:57AM
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    Soul Shriven
    Health of enemies seems to desync.
  • Richard.A.Ferrellub17_ESO
    Update 3 just went live and I am noticing this much more frequently. 1 out of 10 mobs I kill either:

1) health bar desynchronizes upon initiation of combat and stays 100% until they just... stop moving. 2-3 seconds later they fall over and die.

2) health bar reacts to damage as expected. Upon reaching 0% they just stand there for 2-3 seconds as I fruitlessly fire off attacks attempting to "finish off" an already dead but standing corpse. Then they fall over.

*Note: This is not a latency issue. Monitoring my latency during these "situations", I am running 90fps on ultra-high settings the entire time.

This appears to be a, client side, lag in death animation coupled with intermittent health bar desynchronization.

Can anyone else confirm these occurrences?
  • trooper_cameron_ESO
    trooper_cameron_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    eso2014-08-0421-05-40-94.png
    Me
    Redguard-Templar-Veteran-Male-Front.jpg

Redguard Templar armor

I dont know if this was intended by I can know longer see my characters eye through his Redguard style helmet.
  • Kendrahol17
    Kendrahol17
    Soul Shriven
    I keep getting Crash to Desktop maybe every 10 mins. Also sometimes when I take out my weapon, I cant stealth it anymore, and during this time cant use wayshrines. :/
  • vyal
    vyal
    ✭✭✭
    Bugs I saw today..
    • Texture loss on secondary weapon, sporadically.
    • Using block in combat stuck the player in the block animation posture.
    • Many achievements broken/not working/lacking credit.
    • Randomly dismounted from the horse, for no apparent reason. Wasn't happening prior to the patch.
    • Skills with a cooldown appear to be preventing the immediate use of other skills, causing delays in combat
    • Couldn't dye my pants. They stayed the same color no matter what I tried. All other pieces worked fine.
    • The default dye on my VR10 heavy chest was darker/better than any other color in the palette, and I have 5715 achievement points. Kind of disappointing that the saturation on rare dye's are the only thing approaching "good" and there are so few of them. Pale/pastel colors FTL.
    • Hiding the helm reset after dye'ing, and turned off when swapping weapons.
    • Many dye's rely on Cyrodil achievements. :|
    • Hirelings do not deliver every 12 hours, as the 3/3 tooltip says.
    • A whole bunch of skill bugs that have been outstanding since beta, not sure it's even worth enumerating them for the nth time.
  • Mikeyd0577
    Pardon me while I rant:

I didn't spend too much time in the game after I noticed this problem after the patch.

After attempting to visit guild banks that I belong to, I noticed that I AM NOT APART OF ANY NOW !!!!!!!

I appreciate that you guys are trying to improve the game; but improving the game is far different than breaking the game.

I have been dealing with the game giving me a "data load failure" 3-4 times during a playing session every time for over 4 weeks, that hasn't been fixed. I have a friend that occasionally falls through the world and lands dead in random places, that hasn't been fixed. Now it gets worse because I have been removed from all of my guilds since the patch.

Stop worrying if the game looks pretty right now and start with fixing the issues. Here is place to start, at #1.

#1: Don't send out a patch to fix things before testing it to make sure it actually fixes things !!!

• Mikeyd0577
    Mikeyd0577 wrote: »
    Pardon me while I rant:

I didn't spend too much time in the game after I noticed this problem after the patch.

After attempting to visit guild banks that I belong to, I noticed that I AM NOT APART OF ANY NOW !!!!!!!

I appreciate that you guys are trying to improve the game; but improving the game is far different than breaking the game.

I have been dealing with the game giving me a "data load failure" 3-4 times during a playing session every time for over 4 weeks, that hasn't been fixed. I have a friend that occasionally falls through the world and lands dead in random places, that hasn't been fixed. Now it gets worse because I have been removed from all of my guilds since the patch.

Stop worrying if the game looks pretty right now and start with fixing the issues. Here is place to start, at #1.

#1: Don't send out a patch to fix things before testing it to make sure it actually fixes things !!!

I have just been informed that this is temporary with the guild issue. I didn't see a notice for that when I logged on, that would have been helpful.

Still, I stand by my original post
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about the regular game crashes and some players not able to log into the game due to a fatal error?

Known issue for us.
  • CaptainSilverbrow
    CaptainSilverbrow
    ✭✭✭
    Honor the Dead isn't crit'ing at all. I'm as of yet uncertain if this is affecting the other two variants of the heal (the former, and its alternate morph, Breath of Life).
    Edited by CaptainSilverbrow on August 5, 2014 4:07AM