Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Would you play ESO if it was World PvP orientated

• KariTR
    KariTR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to say 'Probably' but it isn't an option.

Open world, PvP-only MMOs have held my attention longer than other types of MMOs. I know the OP is hypothetical only anyway, so no harm in daydreaming.

Options
  • DanteVFenris
    DanteVFenris
    ✭✭✭
    Man by the comments you can tell this is people first mmo.

Okay so let me explain to you what other games do. They have a setting where you can turn open world pvp on. Or off. It would be the same.

And next my opinion, the justice system I think is a very unique spin on it and is good enough to satisfy my needs for pvp in tamriel. Really liking this idea
    Options
  • kassandratheclericb14_ESO
    No
    Man by the comments you can tell this is people first mmo.

Okay so let me explain to you what other games do. They have a setting where you can turn open world pvp on. Or off. It would be the same.

And next my opinion, the justice system I think is a very unique spin on it and is good enough to satisfy my needs for pvp in tamriel. Really liking this idea

The issue isn't always ME getting killed...its the mass killing of towns by higher level players..then the camping..making it impossible to sell to vendors, get or complete quests...it was awful. So far Zeni seems to be limiting this PVP in the justice system. If they change their minds this would be the deal breaker for me.
    Options
  • moxiesauce
    moxiesauce
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, but only if my gear/pocessions could not be looted on death
    I'm down for the justice system, but it just wouldn't make sense to kill players of your same faction. If we could see other faction players outside of cyrodiil that could be ok... but might as well just play wow or it's clones.

all in all justice system will be enough, allows players who don't want to PvP to not PvP as long as they don't break any laws, lol.
    Options
  • radiostar
    radiostar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Isn't the Cyrodiil map the biggest one here ingame?

Z planned it well by having both worlds together yet separated, so players can go have pvp at their leisure.

If it's popular enough, I suppose they would open a pvp-only server to satisfy all the players.
    "Billions upon Billions of Stars"
    Options
  • Elencha
    Elencha
    ✭✭✭
    No
    I am curious how this justice system thing will play out. Will it mean that only people who want to PvP can loot containers in towns? Unless they pay the bounty, I guess, which would mean that looting would essentially become a choice between flagging yourself for PvP or buying from an unconventional vendor. Or will only certain containers count as stealing? Autoloot goes bye-bye, then, I guess. Pretty much just speculation, but I'd definitely like to see more information on this..
    Options
  • Exeter411
    Exeter411
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Not interested in PvP. Only reason I subbed was that PvP was confined to one area.
    Options
  • Karnus
    Karnus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I played DAOC and Warhammer Online for years because open world PVP is a lot of fun.

In Warhammer, if you went into a lower tier PVP area that was below your rank you got turned into a chicken and could be easily killed, this made it hard for high level players to gank lowbies.
    Edited by Karnus on July 23, 2014 10:16PM
    Formerly Karnus, the Marauder in Warhammer.
    Options
  • pinstripesc
    pinstripesc
    ✭✭✭
    I probably wouldn't play an open world PvP game, but I'm excited for the Justice System. I don't really want to have to be looking over my shoulder constantly, especially while trying to get through a quest. But the Justice System offers that option when I want to.
    Options
  • Malpherian
    Malpherian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Knootewoot wrote: »
    They could make a seperate server for it. I would love open world PvP. I know not everyone wants to look over their shoulder when doing quests and I know there will be high level ganking squards keeping areas occupied. But i love that, even if i am not the best in PvP.
    TES games are not PVP games. They added it (Cyrodil) to try to appeal to a group of players, and I get it. But there is no need and really no logical explanation to make ESO a world-PVP game.

Well, they are not multiplayer games either. But they made that to to appeal some group of players (MMO players).

And you speak as a PvE player. For a PvP player there is need for open world. And the logical explanation is.... there arfe 3 factions at war and there should be no reason i couldn't hike all the way from Glenumbra to Morrowind and kill an enemy player.

The problem is not world pvp it'self (This will be introduced with the Justice system so law abiding citizens (Guard Players) can hunt down law breakers (and I would guess DB people can assassinate Law abiding citizens (Guard Players)), It that generally speaking and no offense to you if your not one of them, Many, abuse the system simply to one shot new players. Or specifically Harass people questing by killing them right before they are about to kill a really difficult mob. In VR Areas for example, this would result in again, the areas being empty. As no one would be able to do anything with a Free For All PvP environment.
    Options
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Elencha wrote: »
    ITT? The technical school? I don't know what they have to do with anything, but the fact that someone doesn't enjoy what you enjoy hardly makes them a coward, but of course you know that. Unless, of course, you are just unfamiliar with the definition of cowardice.

Pfff , ofc it does.

Everyone knows that if you dont like to be randomly attacked by people , you are a coward :P.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
    Options
  • isengrimb16_ESO
    isengrimb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    ITT? The technical school? I don't know what they have to do with anything, but the fact that someone doesn't enjoy what you enjoy hardly makes them a coward, but of course you know that. Unless, of course, you are just unfamiliar with the definition of cowardice.

Pfff , ofc it does.

Everyone knows that if you dont like to be randomly attacked by people , you are a coward :P.

The truly brave venture into Detroit unarmed.

Or the stupid. Whichever.

Anyway, I grew up in Windsor, Ont, and since I'm Canadian, no gun. Used to go to Detroit a lot, though. ;)

Edited by isengrimb16_ESO on July 23, 2014 10:42PM
    Options
  • Elencha
    Elencha
    ✭✭✭
    No

Pfff , ofc it does.

Duh, of course, I stand corrected...
    Options
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Absolutely NOT. I HATE world PVP and the griefer mentality it spawns. If they MUST do it then make it a separate phase than the rest of the world (the megaserver equivalent of a PVP server) or I would absolutely cancel my sub.

I do not have the patience to deal with the troll mindset that necessarily accompanies world PVP. I have to deal with it enough in the real world.

You can keep the lowbie camping and quest mob killing raids that inevitably ensure whenever this crowd gets bored and goes looking for entertainment at the expense of your own.

I am not paying money to entertain this type of personality.
    Edited by Phinix1 on July 23, 2014 10:48PM
    Options
  • Elencha
    Elencha
    ✭✭✭
    No
    ^^This. I wish I could hit agree twice. Seriously, I pay for my entertainment, not to entertain a bunch of jerks who specifically want to PvP with people who specifically don't want to PvP. Were this not their desire, they would simply PvP in the PvP area with the people who want to do it with them.

On the other hand, It makes sense to make some iteration of VR Zones PvPable on the grounds that it is illogical to think that every soldier would keep their aggression in neatly separated zones in a war. I can't imagine how that would work though.
    Options
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would you play ESO if it was World PvP orientated?

would i play open world pvp?

omg YES! i would LOVE it! :)
    Options
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    dharbert wrote: »
    dharbert wrote: »
    Global PVP = griefers 24/7. It's as simple as that.

There are already players who try to drag mobs onto you in the world and in dungeons. It never works and the mobs never attack me, but it doesn't keep them from trying it over and over again.

Those players aren't trying to drag mobs onto you, they're just fleeing through the dungeon instead of fighting everything. LOL dude, you are not the center of the universe.

But I agree. Griefering would be constant.

I don't consider myself to be "the center of the universe" by any means. There is a certain dungeon that I like to farm, and I guess a couple of others were tying to as well.

They were constantly attacking mobs on the other side of the room and down the hall, dragging them right on top of me, every single time.

Like I said, the mobs never attack me, it will never work, but i guess they thought it would run me off.

They're clearly all out to get you.

I have never intentionally trained anyone and I have pulled mobs to a better area, as well as fled from mobs plenty of times. That's probably what was happening there. Assuming the worst is generally a poor way of looking at things.
    I don't know, I've intentionally dragged mobs onto people - but only when those people were obvious bots. Back when there was that instantly and infinitely respawning jute issue, I slaughtered many many bots in Ebonheart by dragging netches onto them. Those poison AOEs were perfect for it. That was highly entertaining.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
    Options
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Delith wrote: »
    ITT: Cowards. No wonder MMOs can't stay profitable for long.
    Translation: these people enjoy different things than me, and that makes me feel threatened, therefore I must insult them!

Go troll somewhere else.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
    Options
  • Nazon_Katts
    Nazon_Katts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    No, because ESO wasn't designed with that in mind. I would play a well designed open world ffa full loot and perma death MMO. If there was one. Rust comes close, tho.
    "You've probably figured that out by now. Let's hope so. Or we're in real trouble... and out come the intestines. And I skip rope with them!"
    Options
  • The_Sadist
    The_Sadist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I'm all for the justice system to add a layer of depth to the game but I'm against open world PvP. I don't care much for PvP at the best of times and I don't like the notion of dying at any given moment because some guy is bored and I just happen to be walking by.
    "Each event is preceded by Prophecy. But without the hero, there is no Event." ― Zurin Arctus, the Underking.
    Tragrim - How do I work this thing?
    Casually stalking the forums
    Options
  • Brandoid
    Brandoid
    ✭✭✭
    Not surprised at all by now, but very disappointed with results of poll.
    Brandoid - Templar - Ebonheart Pack
    Options
  • RedMiniStapler
    RedMiniStapler
    ✭✭✭
    Big fat NO

in-game problems : still subbed

no wolfhound : still subbed

enabled world pvp : will cancel sub.
    Options
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    Would people in Cyrodiil who are about to capture a Keep like to be randomly dragged to some instance where they have to fight Gargoyles and Trolls and Storm Atronachs? Of course not! So don't do the inverse to people outside Cyrodiil!
    Options
  • Loco_Mofo
    Loco_Mofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, but only if my gear/pocessions could be looted on death
    Brandoid wrote: »

The PvPers left months ago. Can you blame them?
    Options
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Loco_Mofo wrote: »

Then who keeps making these polls and threads? Not one of them, even when these forums were on Bethesda's site, ever had the owpvp option win. With or without losing all your gear.
    Options
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Loco_Mofo wrote: »

Blame them for what?

If there is one thing this thread proves , is that many are against open PvP , that simple.

To many PvE players , people forcing them into PvP is a hassle , PvE players dont want to deal with that and have no reason to put up with that.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
    Options
  • Dayel
    Dayel
    ✭✭✭
    No
    If I wanted to PvP I would go to a game with totally dedicated PvP servers. I want to enjoy my game without having to worry about being disturbed by other players. Even the dueling option annoys me, as you have to take time to decline which is boring.
    Options
  • Syntse
    Syntse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No

How are you disappointed? What were your expectations?

I'm also bit interested how it is something that pvp players so much want. Why is Cyrodiil not enough? And no 'because other games had world pvp' is enough of answer. Also to top of that why do you want to also loot the poor player you killed, not like there's some really epic gear in this game to be looted.
    Syntse Dominion Khajiit Dragonknight Stamina Tank [50]
    Ra'Syntse Dominion Khajiit Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
    Syntselle Dominion Dark Elf Dragonknight Magica DPS [50]
    Syntseus Dominion Imperial Templar Healer [50]
    Syntsetar Dominion High Elf Sorcerer Magica DPS [50]
    Friar Tuktuk Daggerfall Brenton Templar Healer [50]
    Syntseyn Ebonheart Brenton Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
    Options
  • Brandoid
    Brandoid
    ✭✭✭
    Syntse wrote: »

How are you disappointed? What were your expectations?

I'm also bit interested how it is something that pvp players so much want. Why is Cyrodiil not enough? And no 'because other games had world pvp' is enough of answer. Also to top of that why do you want to also loot the poor player you killed, not like there's some really epic gear in this game to be looted.

What I want is for cyrodiil to be a gate way region into other alliance areas where you can invade their lands if you take a main gate. You would be able to go into their regions and capture towns, put forward camps, take/raid the regions main city while fighting the enemy alliance for unique gear(really powerful alliance leaders that drop unique set or something), capture wayshrines, etc..I wanted this to be epic pvp game with no campains just one mega server.

I don't know. I wanted an extreme pvp game with pve for getting stronger in pvp that's all.

Edit: Probably why I haven't gotten through even half of cadwell's silver yet lol.
    Edited by Brandoid on July 24, 2014 8:07AM
    Brandoid - Templar - Ebonheart Pack
    Options
  • DaGhostDS
    DaGhostDS
    ✭✭✭
    They are bringing open world PVP in with the Justice System. I probably won't participate but so long as it doesn't ruin my fun I guess I'll keep playing.

that's opt in. He means world pvp where anyone can kill anyone else at any time.
    There is a zone for that.. you know Cyrodill :O
    Options