The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Veteran System Changes Preview

• Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bg22 wrote: »
    So... I've been gone for a bit... You guys are no longer planning on removing the veteran ranks?
    @bg22 They are still planning on removing Veteran Ranks, but not until after Orsinium. New ranks are still being added in the meantime because their itemization system is intrinsically bound to them; under the current system, more powerful gear requires higher Veteran Ranks, but when VRs are removed, that of course will no longer apply, and they will have to completely redesign Veteran gear itemization at that time.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Lleksu
    Lleksu
    ✭✭✭
    If the goal was to encourage grouping, why did you make finding a group so much more difficult on consoles by omitting text chat?
  • dylanslcruchelowb14a_ESO
    I don't think that difficulty is an issue here. I solo'd every quest zone except craglorn with no problems on my NB. I actually enjoyed that it was challenging enough that I wasn't falling asleep as I played. it wasn't really a wall of difficulty, it was just a "Hey, you cant get away with horrible builds anymore" wall, which helps with groups later, as everyone has a deeper understanding of their characters. Im afraid that now we will see a LOT more really bad builds in vet levels trying to get into vet dungeons and trials. ive never heard a complaint about difficulty, just how long it takes/vendor worthy rewards from completing an ENTIRE factions quest line. I actually solo farm like 18+ vet 10 adds at once to power level my character, and im only vet 11. I guess now ill just solo twice as many adds and level twice as fast now that its gonna be easy mode.
  • Elvishbarbecue
    Elvishbarbecue
    Soul Shriven
    The Veteran system in this game is absolutely terrible. Look I get it, as game devs you want people to see your entire game. I get that completely! But hitting vet 14 by doing literally every zone is a very dull system. If the leveling system was different it would be a different ball game.

For example when I started playing (and had no idea what I was doing) I went from 3 to 24 in about 15 hours. 21 levels in 15 hours, or a level every 1.6 hours. Now in the veteran ranks its taking me 7-8 hours per level (questing, not grinding). A friend of mine had the idea "hey it would go faster if we quested together". Mind you we both had the intention of knocking out the quests for leveling purposes. Just because we would get items at different rates we often would not need to bank at the same time. It slowed down the questing process for both of us. It was faster for us to quest separately even if we were playing in the same zone.

The small amount of DPS added didn't noticeably change how quickly we killed mobs (plus we had to do 2X on every collection quest). The difficulty is not there for needing a group either, I am a clothy running around with fully broken gear. I solo most world bosses first try and quest bosses do not kill me. Which you know, that is fine. The difficulty should be an optional mode (dungeons, trials, dragonstar) so that you are not catering solely to the casual or hardcore gamer.

But realistically the hardest part of this game is getting to Vet 14. I am actually considering not playing any more because I don't want to spend another 60 hours just to unlock the content I actually want to play. I had considered starting a second character, but it occurred to me if I did it would never be Vet 14. I will not invest another 150 hours into getting a second max level character. I think that the grind this game offers is going to be its undoing. No one wants to spend 8 hours to get one level 14 times...

[/rant]
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS Veteran ranks are terrible and the other factions zones should be optional and all zones should be more challenging and repeatable at end game.
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • isaac_juggernautub17_ESO
    They should just make it so the area main quest lines give enough xp for 1 vr rank so you can move on and give all quests higher gold rewards as incentives to do them, in other elder scrolls games you did quests cause they were fun and interesting not because they were smashing them in your face and telling you that's how you are supposed to progress. Or at at least make alternatives to questing like maybe pvp should give more xp people do it for fun if you could level up that way too it would be a win win
    Edited by isaac_juggernautub17_ESO on October 5, 2015 12:34AM
  • Cherryblossom
    Cherryblossom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

One of the guiding principles of our Veteran gameplay was to encourage you (not force you) to group. We wanted you to be able to reach max level by playing solo if you wished, but still encourage you to group with others along the way. This principle was the reason we made our post-50 zones more difficult; we wanted you to get together with others to take on tougher challenges and form social bonds while you did so. But we understand that, despite our vision, this is not how all our players want to experience the game beyond level 50.

I'm sure you would love people to group, but you need to put the tools at our disposal to do this, currently the LFG Tool is pointless. For some this does not even work, as it has been broken and pointless using since launch, very few use it. You need to add a reason to using this tool once it works. Give a reward for doing a dungeon via LFG.

If you want us to form social bonds why have you gone down the 5 guild route, need to be in one to trade route! This has forced anyone who wishes to trade to join a very impersonal guilds to do this.
    As people belong to multiple guilds its hard to garner the loyalty that people had to their guilds in other games where you only belong to one. I've not yet in this game felt the feeling I'm part of a guild!

Craglorn Group Content, have you even tried to find a group for this content! Can you find anyone who is doing the exact same quests or has 5 hours to sit with the same 3 people to do all the quests.

Whilst your vision may of been wonderful, your implementation has been lacking. Review and improve.

Lowering the xp required and XP gained is not allowing anyone to experience the content you have added! You need to think further, Why are people not grouping, What can we do to help people group, What have we done that stops people grouping.
  • grumlins
    grumlins
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks so much for this I do hope it turns out well but I do have a suggestion!

I've played multiple MMO's and the ones that stuck out as the most fun have been those with the most even keel of leveling systems.

This is basically what that's like:

Leveling from levels V1 - V2 should require the same XP as leveling from V15-V16. That means if V1 requires 100,000 XP to get to V2 that V15 would require 100,000 XP to reach V16.

That is how I would suggest handling it. It works great and people can then try other classes and other builds if they wish without being so far behind their friends in other factions that they feel like they'll never catchup.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    awesome!! I prefer solo playing before group play
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @grumlins @altemriel Just to point out that this thread is from July 2014. There are many more recent threads than this one about how the Veteran system will be changing.
    @grumlins Leveling from levels V1 - V2 does require the same XP as leveling from V15-V16. Each Veteran Rank takes 850,000 XP.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    @grumlins @altemriel Just to point out that this thread is from July 2014. There are many more recent threads than this one about how the Veteran system will be changing.
    @grumlins Leveling from levels V1 - V2 does require the same XP as leveling from V15-V16. Each Veteran Rank takes 850,000 XP.

aha, ok then :)
  • Vivecc
    Vivecc
    ✭✭✭
    grind ? not enough xp ??
    but want to play solo in an MMO !!!
    what game u (want to) play ???

maybe ist too easy to level up, do the delves alone all the time, hit molag bal in the face alone and then sit ( alone ) in craglorn not able to kill anything ??
    it´s an mmo - group up.
    you want xp, but no "grind" ? - do pvp ( not alone , but in a grp)
    you will get rewards in gold + items, if you fulfill your quests you get even more gold...so l2ESO
    pc/eu
  • I3irchy
    I3irchy
    For anybody that plays mmorpgs youll know they contain grinding and alot of effort even achieve the smallest of things, for me the leveling is perfectly fine i dont wish it to be any eaiser at all, each bunch of mobs should need a strategic approach and not just a quick jump in the middle and bash away, niether do i wish for gear to be obtained any easier as i would hate everybody running around with highend gear taking them little effort to get.

What i really want is...

More multiplayer content
    1v1 2v2 3v3 4v4 5v5 arenas. Maybe add friendly duel requests, capture the flag
    Trying to duel in IC arena boils my blood.. Why?... Because everytime your in a good fight will a stupid Npc come along and wipe groups. (KING KHROGO)

More player customisation
    Yeah character creation is as good as it can be but what would be nice is the option to change the couler of the spell/ability... For example say im a healer and i use the purple spell sphere thing from mages guild for higher crit, would be nice to be able to change it to match my players theme, like white,yellow or even green. Maybe mount coulers also, a barbers shop for different hair styles

Flying mounts
    There isnt many mounts in eso and to be fair the best ones arnt obtainable through grafting hard in the game but can be bought with crowns. I pay subscription as im use to it with these types of games and i think the crown system should be taken out completely and then a full subscription needed to play. Id love to see really rare mounts drop from bosses that are so rare that even 1 per server is rare to see, these could drop from huge world bosses that take 60+ people to put down that just roam certain areas. To me the world bosses in Eso at the minute are merely an elite enemy, (im thinking of something like Emeris out of Wow as a world boss)

In game chat bar
    I dont need it but loads do.

More extremely rare sets
    I want sets that people dream to get, that people camp and grind for months to get, so rare people dont even know they exsist, certain places to farm for a certain item thats something like a 0.1% drop rate, thousands of them everywhere.

Maybe spice the emotes up abit
    For instance when music is played the player will auto dance the dance they keep slotted.
    I mean you could add the words... Tank? Healer? And so on but a nice chat window would fix that.
    Would love a few teabaggin emotes? The right thumb stick wears easily on ps4 pads so teabaggin is a nono but missed after you win a long fight with the kid who just wont die and hits you constantly with the same thing (rock bal wrecking blow)
  • Azurephoenix999
    Azurephoenix999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love this. I like the idea of 50+ content getting easier for people to solo.

For those that want a difficult PVE experience, that's what dungeons are for. Enemies that are out in the open world shouldn't be as difficult as the ones in delves.
    Guildmaster of Spectral Liberty - Xbox One - European Megaserver
  • Dober
    Dober
    ✭✭
    So when does Vet goes away? Q2 2016?
    Follow us on Facebook - The Syndicate ESO
    Join us on the PSN Community Group - The Syndicate ESO
    Add me on Facebook "Karl Doberman" for Auction inv and much more
  • Xeven
    Xeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    STOP NECRO BUMPING