Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

FPS Bug still not Fixed: Edited After Patch 1.2.5

• Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Komma wrote: »
    Rylana wrote: »
    Hey there everyone. We're aware that the FPS issue did not get fixed after yesterday's patch and, in some cases, actually made it worse. Our team has identified what's causing this, and we are working on a hotfix now. We hope to roll this out for everyone soon, and will let you all know as soon as we do.

OMG a HOTFIX?! And a real response on an issue that matters! Is this real life?

Is this just fantasy...

caught in a landslide...

No escape from reality.

o/~ Open your eyes, Look up to the skies and seeeeeeeeee! o/~
    I'm just a poor boy, I need no sympathy,

because i'm easy come, easy go, little high, little low

o/~ Anyway the wind blows doesn't really matter to me, to me. o/~
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • Perphection
    Perphection
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lava_Croft wrote: »
    Infraction wrote: »
    Will this hotfix possibly be this week or will it be on the normal patch day of Monday?

Just curious on timetable of the hotfix.
    Past experience learns that when they call it a 'hotfix', it will be applied as soon as possible. Hence the name 'hotfix'.

Hey, stop being a jerk to people who don't deserve it.
  • Infraction
    Infraction
    ✭✭✭
    Will this hotfix possibly be this week or will it be on the normal patch day of Monday?

Past experience learns that when they call it a 'hotfix', it will be applied as soon as possible. Hence the name 'hotfix'.

Im just asking for clarification. They haven't deviated from waiting until the following normal patch day to fix anything lately. Hence why I wanted to clarify what a hotfix was in this instance.
  • Kwas
    Kwas
    ✭✭
    Is the damage done by the hotfix going to be addressed in next Mondays patch?
  • bitaken
    bitaken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rather, what "soon" means. This could mean the end of the week as "soon" is a relative term used in this case to say "hey we know we been slacking, but we gonna fix it promise!" kind of thing.

Soon, should be before 5:00 PM today with their current track record.

I think the volume of unsubs got to a suit for the end of month :wink:

Some suit said "Hey, how is the billing for this month looking?"

Some manager said: "Well, we dropped 30% over last month - we have had some technical troubles with some recent updates."

Suit screams: "Get those geeks to get this working or tell them they will be looking for a new job on Friday!!!"

Just my 2 cents.
    PvP Lead Officer for Einherjar

Member of Einherjar and associated guilds since 2001

A multi Gaming community of players.
  • michaeletringer_ESO
    Rana1014 wrote: »
    Hey there everyone. We're aware that the FPS issue did not get fixed after yesterday's patch and, in some cases, actually made it worse. Our team has identified what's causing this, and we are working on a hotfix now. We hope to roll this out for everyone soon, and will let you all know as soon as we do.

Thanks for the response Gina and thanks to the engineering team for looking into this. :D Could you tell us what was causing these FPS drops?

Yeah if there is something useful you can tell us, like it's the healing spells that are breaking the game, maybe we can stop using them for a while, or something similar. Also an actual time frame for when the hotfix might be ready would be nice. maybe we can tell all the people about to unsub when the hotfix will be coming for you in game, helping you save at least a little face. any useful info at all would be nice
  • ItsRejectz
    ItsRejectz
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I hope you have found the issue, because apparently you fixed the issue with the last patch
    Xbox EU - GT: o69 Woody 69o

VR16 Sorc: Vlad V Impaler
    VR16 Sorc: Yes it's Woody
    VR16 NB: Prince of Wallachia
    VR16 Templar: Sir Lancelot the Brave
    VR16 DK: I'm Better Than You

• Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I cant see funnel health to get out of it....if I cant see standard to roll out of it..if I cant see soul assault to heal through it whats the point really? Time to watch a movie.
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At this point, I honestly think they should provide compensation of some sorts for this issue. 2-3 days, I understand, but more than a week is just a bit too much imho!

Honestly, we should have known as, and a I quote, they started with:
    We accidentally pushed the patch notes for v1.2.3 before we fully finished preparing them

Feels like it wasn't only the patch notes that accidentally got pushed before fully finishing them.
    Edited by Docmandu on July 1, 2014 7:31PM
  • Juraigr
    Juraigr
    ✭✭✭✭
    If I cant see funnel health to get out of it....if I cant see standard to roll out of it..if I cant see soul assault to heal through it whats the point really? Time to watch a movie.

this right here, nothing is actually loading for me until im dead, not even objects
    EU Worst DK , Best DK Singapore and NA also known as 'Special Snowflake'

Jurra - V14 Dragonknight Rank 38 August Palatine
    Jurra Hex - V14 Sorcerer Rank 25 Colonel [SEMI-RETIRED until Zos fix this BS sorc nonsense]

LA DK Still OP :P

One of the Three Light Armor DK's

#200StandardOfMightFFS
    #RevertAshCloud
    #RevertNewAnimations
    #RevertUltiGain

#FixMoltenWhip

Grinding my way to August Palatine finally made it, still holding a torch for eso so now imma filthy casual
  • Jaxom
    Jaxom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Juraigr wrote: »

this right here, nothing is actually loading for me until im dead, not even objects

Same. Culling FTW
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Im just asking for clarification. They haven't deviated from waiting until the following normal patch day to fix anything lately. Hence why I wanted to clarify what a hotfix was in this instance.
    That's what I was trying to explain. They call it a 'hot' fix because the fix is a special one that will be applied as soon as humanly and technically possible.
    I think that if they were confident enough to give something like an ETA, they would have given us one. We have to play the waiting game now :neutral_face:
  • stephanengelhardtb16_ESO
    Mitharus wrote: »
    No Softwarearchitect in his right mind would code an entity controller that syncs framerate to packets. you would just always get 2 FPS as movement updates probably arnt much more frequent anyway. PLUS Client controlled animations of static Objects are happening at the games framerate and not at the rate of packets per second

You are correct. But seriously, can you say some of the stuff you've seen happen is sane? ;)

And I wasn't saying that FPS is sync'd to the packets, my normal FPS is around 55-60, but a possibly delayed sync (or re-transmitted data; whatever) causes the client to drop FPS while it re-syncs to what the server says; i.e. the loading of the data has higher priority than the actual display. They're probably "testing" where the network latency is stupid low compared to real world ISP data transfers.

You get into a situation where this is happening often, like larger AvAvA battles (many people, keep assaults, etc...), and it could easily cause the client to be redrawing the screen at a crawl if the update thread has an overly ambitious priority set on it.

-M

What you refer to would happen if there would be direct synchronization. The drawing of frames happens completely independent of packet data or otherwise every lag would cause a drop in fps which would be ridiculous.
    What you describe would at best cause rubberbanding if indeed the movement data would get lost and the server after resync resets you to another spot as the client keeps on moving even if the position hasnt been confirmed by the server yet.

what currently happens in pvp is a client only issue, which probably is caused by graphic ram that isnt properly released. At least there are good hints in this direction (relog or mapchange alleviate the issue)

• dbishop
    dbishop
    ✭✭✭
    Getting booted out this morning when trying to play. No idea why today but if thats the fix its not really a fix

Three times now. What exactly am I paying for?
    Edited by dbishop on July 1, 2014 10:17PM
  • Mitharus
    Mitharus
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I don't think my theory is correct, but it's the closest that I have to work with, going on the little data points I have.

I've caused the exact same behavior in a program before, where I had the data update stream being overly aggressive, and when it was reading in updated data, it would basically cause the window to draw much slower (choking out CPU cycles for other threads). Only reason I consider it a possibility is cause I've done it.

-M
  • Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm getting an artisticdata error when I force through the FPS(like continue running even though Im frozen)
  • sommazzatoreb14_ESO
    I turned my lighting off and play in medium and still lag like a mofo.
    EP
    Khale Justice - V14 Breton Templar (Rank 17)
    Sommozzatore - V14 Imperial Nightblade (Rank 16)
    Sommazzatore - 46 Wood Elf Sorc (Rank 6)
    Nazeem Ula'q - 35 Dark Elf DK (Rank 3)
    100 CPS
  • Infraction
    Infraction
    ✭✭✭

That's what I was trying to explain. They call it a 'hot' fix because the fix is a special one that will be applied as soon as humanly and technically possible.
    I think that if they were confident enough to give something like an ETA, they would have given us one. We have to play the waiting game now :neutral_face:

No offense, but im looking for a clarification from Zenimax. I know that they will patch it as soon as possible but they had a fix prepared last week prior to the weekend according to the status of thread they posted in but decided to leave it active through the weekend instead of "hotfixing" it.

I find that to be pretty poor response for a subscription based game and at this point I just want to see some urgency on their part. Their lack of perceived concern is driving more people away than the bugs themselves. Im just asking for some basic communication as a lot of what they communicate is very vague.

• Phaade
    Phaade
    Greetings ESO Team,

While you see all kinds of negativity on various and sundry aspects of gameplay, this particular issue is one that you should really be taking quite seriously. I believe that you are, and that more is going on to resolve than we all could know, but we need to hear more from you on this FPS issue...this is truly a game killer...(I am getting all my LOTRO and SWTOR clients updated as I type this).

Not meaning to put salt in wounds here - just saying now is the time to be really vocal as your base is fading (no pun intended).

Good Hunting,

Phaade
    VR12/PvP-R16 NightBlade
    AD - Wabba
  • tanyadawn55_ESO
    Ive talked to customer service on this issue and all they tell me is to degrag, adjust my settings, make sure no other programs are running, connect directly to the modem....... blah blah blah.
  • Aeradon
    Aeradon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

OMG a HOTFIX?! And a real response on an issue that matters! Is this real life?

Is this just fantasy...

caught in a landslide...

No escape from reality.

o/~ Open your eyes, Look up to the skies and seeeeeeeeee! o/~
    I'm just a poor boy, I need no sympathy,

because i'm easy come, easy go, little high, little low

o/~ Anyway the wind blows doesn't really matter to me, to me. o/~

Mama, just killed a man.
    People keep telling me they're gonna buy me an ale. They never do.

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's culture. And the Elves.

Help make this compilation complete!
    Compilation of Ideas and Suggestions
  • bitaken
    bitaken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Put a gun against his head...
    PvP Lead Officer for Einherjar

Member of Einherjar and associated guilds since 2001

A multi Gaming community of players.
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hotfix is out, restart your games! DO IT NOW!
    PC NA | @AkinosPvP 1vX/Small Scaler, Raid Leader, Youtuber and Twitch.tv Streamer.MAGICKA MELEE IS LIFE!Magplar, MagDK, Magden, Magblade, Magsorc & Magcro PvP/Build videos & moretwitch.tv/akinospvp
  • Trelia
    Trelia
    ✭✭
    DIDN'T WORK!!!!!
  • Nyxx
    Nyxx
    ✭✭✭
    Hotfix didn't fix it.
    The Psijic Order
  • Ragnar_Lodbrok
    Ragnar_Lodbrok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why Im not surprised, so what did it break?
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sigh
    PC NA | @AkinosPvP 1vX/Small Scaler, Raid Leader, Youtuber and Twitch.tv Streamer.MAGICKA MELEE IS LIFE!Magplar, MagDK, Magden, Magblade, Magsorc & Magcro PvP/Build videos & moretwitch.tv/akinospvp
  • Mablung
    Mablung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bitaken wrote: »
    Put a gun against his head...

Pulled my trigger now he's dead...
  • Dan_Fazzyub17_ESO
    Dan_Fazzyub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Now I'm stuck in an infinite load screen when trying to get to the character select screen. =_=
    Kirin Blaze - Ebonheart Pact - Imperial Dragonknight
    Kïrïn Bläzë - Daggerfall Covenant - Imperial Dragonknight
    Kìrín Blàzé - Aldmeri Dominion - Imperial Dragonknight
    Vehemence - Omni - COMBUSTION
  • ThyIronFist
    ThyIronFist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This becomes more depressive by the minute.
    The Elder Zergs Online
    Sainur Ironfist - DK - EU - Ebonheart Pact
    Retired