Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Skimpy armors

• Vorkk8383
    Vorkk8383
    ✭✭✭
    No
    I think we can mostly all agree that those who want skimpy armor are males who are either going to play females or look at female toons (who likely are going to be played by other makes lol) and find it ''sexy''.

Is there any other reason to ask for this? I don't see any. If you find pixels sexy, you may have some issues...
  • Bhakura
    Bhakura
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Typical, playing a different gender then you are irl in a game is because of having issues. Trying to make that gender even look more appealing is DEFINITELY having issues.
    /rolleyes
  • Eorea
    Eorea
    ✭✭✭
    No
    I think we can mostly all agree that those who want skimpy armor are males who are either going to play females or look at female toons (who likely are going to be played by other makes lol) and find it ''sexy''.

Is there any other reason to ask for this? I don't see any. If you find pixels sexy, you may have some issues...

I dunno... I'm looking at that picture of Sai Sahan and... well... :P
    Edited by Eorea on May 26, 2014 4:03AM
  • ZOS_MichelleA
    ZOS_MichelleA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello there, everyone. This is a friendly reminder to please keep the Code of Conduct in mind when discussing on the forums.

We understand that posters are going to disagree from time to time, occasionally very strongly, however we do expect all communications to be respectful and constructive. Thanks for your understanding and cooperation!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • tokokonob14_ESO
    No
    Hell no.

Skimpy armor like what we see on Nexus Mods and in tons of other MMOs are ridiculously sexist, and add nothing to the game other than something for guys to get off on.

Bethesda has always done pretty well in the Elder Scrolls franchise about that kind of thing (sans Arena - and mods don't count since they're player made), I'd hate to see them give into a sexist marketing strategy of including skimpy armor for female characters. The highly impractical "boobplates" that are on now are bad enough.

• fiachsidhe
    fiachsidhe
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Bhakura wrote: »
    Weird, the only one insulting is you. And maybe every single thing ive sayed looks like copy paste maybe because thats the nature of the thing?
    Like everything else art evolves, they find new technics to make the things they draw more realistic, and before you start, no superheroins with insane voluptuous bodies are not realistic, but far more realistic then the renaissance woman painted.
    Like anyone feeling outmatched you just turn words around to fit your arguments. I never said
    The whole nude paintings exist so armor should be skankafied in the games I play.
    you did that, and in your version it works, but its not the issue at all, since i never stated that. All i said was woman have been drawn nude for ages, designing armors is artwork, how is combining the two a work of a sexist nerd.
    Yes, classical art, or body studies, are every bit the same as making your little cartoon character dress more provocatively for your enjoyment.

Well forgive me for adoring the female form for what it is, i still dont see how that is sexist.

And the hits keep comin'!

I AM an artist. I've studied art my entire life. I was recommended to the School of the Art Institute of Chicago at the age of twelve.

Don't hand me this about art, and some clumsy and generic lines about how it evolves and how that all adds up to justification for wanting female characters in an mmorpg to be less dressed, and how you're some appreciator of the "female form".

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Flaming]
    Edited by ZOS_MichelleA on May 26, 2014 4:14AM
    Don't have an intelligent argument? Just LOL a post!

Dire Crow - Ebonheart Pact - Dunmer Nightblade
  • Singular
    Singular
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Those that say "this is fantasy, the rules don't apply" don't understand fantasy. There are rules to this world, and those rules clearly say that armor protects you from attacks, otherwise armor wouldn't exist in the first place.

Magic also protects you from attack.

The game does not, in any way, mirror reality. No one in history ever had to "level up" so they could wear better armor. You either paid lots of money for good armor or made do.

Unlike reality, this game ties everything to your level - not to the quality of armor that anyone can afford - and, wow, again unlike reality armor is imbued with magical attributes. So...why can't my skinny bikini be magically as armored as your full plat?

Guess what? It can. Magic.
    War, give me war, give me war.
  • fiachsidhe
    fiachsidhe
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Asasinka wrote: »
    fiachsidhe wrote: »
    18 more and we have a draw :D
    c'mon girls, let's show them we love to look sexy even in games :)

That's the saddest thing I've read this week.

First, for the notion that for you as a woman, to be "sexy" you need skimpy clothing.
    Second, that as a woman your ego is so fragile that you need sexual representation in video games among strangers.

Oh man,
    don't be so serious :)
    You know nothing about me

I know you're rooting for a forum poll about skimpy armor to support skimpier armor, and I know you are rooting for women to be sexy in game in the very same thread. So unless you were lying or being sarcastic, I know enough.

Then, in all Your wisdom, You miss one important thing.
    The assumptions You made make sense only within Your own intellectual context.
    The reason is that when you read something, you sense word meaning in your own context and make assumptions depending on your own experiences which you then assemble into your own meaning of reality.
    If You're tagging people just because You think You understand their behavior then You're nothing more than the people You tag.
    If You was able to understand the others, You'll more observe than make assumptions. Just because You'd know all the circumstances that lead to this behavior and in that case You don't have any reason to do any assumptions.

Everything you said just boils down to you not really denying my assertion, and just repeating "NO U" over and over. All while pretending to sound smart with a bunch of... smart sounding gibberish.
    I can only "observe" what you write. I can't stake out your living conditions and follow you around all day. This isn't a 'Sherlock' situation.
    The educated guess I made is based on what you CHOSE to put forth. If you wish to be approached or viewed differently, than articulate your stance better.
    Edited by fiachsidhe on May 26, 2014 4:20AM

• Singular
    Singular
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Hell no.

Skimpy armor like what we see on Nexus Mods and in tons of other MMOs are ridiculously sexist, and add nothing to the game other than something for guys to get off on.

Bethesda has always done pretty well in the Elder Scrolls franchise about that kind of thing (sans Arena - and mods don't count since they're player made), I'd hate to see them give into a sexist marketing strategy of including skimpy armor for female characters. The highly impractical "boobplates" that are on now are bad enough.

It's only sexist if the male toons don't also have access to what you are labeling "skimpy armor" but what I prefer to call "fashionable armor."

It's not sexist if each sex can achieve similar looking armor with similar stats.

However, it's prudish and naive to cry sexism in fantasy when ESO has gone very far to equalize the roles the sexes play in this game.

First, for the notion that for you as a woman, to be "sexy" you need skimpy clothing.
    Second, that as a woman your ego is so fragile that you need sexual representation in video games among strangers.

Who are you to tell her what's best for her life or personality?
    So liking the female form is discriminating, prejudiced, stereotyped and believing it to be superior to that of male form?
    Im way confused now.
    I know im not english so perhaps im not understanding it correctly ...

No, there's nothing wrong with admiring the female form (or the male form, thankfully). It's reducing women to an object that increases in value by revealing more skin that's objectionable to some.

That you can't see past the female body when it's outfitted to highlight femininity is a your problem thing. My characters exude personality. It's not my fault that you are so focused on the apparel you can't see the person within.

[Moderator edit: combined multiple consecutive posts.
    Edited by ZOS_MichelleA on May 26, 2014 4:23AM
    War, give me war, give me war.
  • fiachsidhe
    fiachsidhe
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Singular wrote: »

Who are you to tell her what's best for her life or personality?

Who is she, to be immune to scrutiny when expressing those things in public?
    Who are you to tell me what opinions I can and can't have?
    I didn't tell her what's best. I told her how I feel about them. I didn't tell her to think like me. I told her I thought her statement was ridiculous. She can feel however she likes, and I'm free to tell her how I feel about it.
    Or does your stance only work one way?

• jazon1972_ESO
    jazon1972_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    i dont see why not really...i mean it does not have to be totally sexy but some feminine looking armor would be nice for the female players who choose to use it,one of the complaints i have heard from female players in game is how all the armor looks manly and how they need to make there helms invisible for people to even know they are female players.
  • NakedSnake
    NakedSnake
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    With the female Skimpy Outfits, what I've noticed is that it's mostly males playing them. Women laugh at it in most cases. This is an MMO and you kill stuff. You need to wear armor and be covered. Who'd go to war wearing a bra and panties? If it turns you on, join the army and go fight in your skivvies, boys!

I'd love to know the gender of those saying yes and what gender they will play in those skimpy outfits. I'm pretty sure that they won't be females playing male toons in their undies.

It doesn't make sense to me to have skampy outfits. You're FIGHTING. If you need to see toons dressed like skanks, there are websites for that. I'm a guy but also a feminist. There's tons of different kinds of feminism and mine is about equality. Women who play this game and remember that we have teenagers as well, should know that they are equal fighters. They have the same skills, the same opportunities. Watching skanky dressed characters mainly played by males as their fantasies isn't my idea of equality. We may as well not have any female heroes and have them stay inside and make you a sandwich while dressed like a nurse. A LOT of women play video games. You'd be surprised by the stats. A lot of them need to feel good about themselves. Stay at home moms who have time to kill before the kids come home. Business women who need to relax after a long day at the office. They are just like us, guys. They want to come on here and kick some ass. They don't want to be skanks. If you need to be one so badly, ask for them to give you male assless chaps.

Your wrong. Women love skimpy outfits just as much as men do. Want proof? just open your eyes.
    You like everyone else who has a problem with this are trying to push your sexist view of the world onto others.

Yes we are fighting but who says we are all fighters.
    "Im an archer so I must wear restricting robes". "Im a magician so I must wear a heavy plate set". Ridiculous. The truth is you people know nothing about armor or combat.

A sorcerer
    sarah_douglas_skimpy_outfits_in_conan_the_destroyer.jpg?w=480&h=442

looks like the bosmer armor
    conan2011b.jpg

yeh skimpy
    The_Rebel_Leaders.jpg

Sai Sahan
    gannicus-returns-to-spartacus-vengeance-and-other-tv-to-rage-about-tonight.jpg

more bosmer style
    spartacus-war-of-the-damned-photo-gallery-16.jpg

Most of these actually already have similar counterparts in this game. I simply want more choices.
    Edited by NakedSnake on May 26, 2014 5:09AM
    "Brilliant! Why is it that the people with the most ridiculous ideas are always the ones who are most certain of them?"
  • stabbykitteh
    stabbykitteh
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    That you can't see past the female body when it's outfitted to highlight femininity is a your problem thing. My characters exude personality. It's not my fault that you are so focused on the apparel you can't see the person within.
    Ignoring for a moment that that's not what I said... since you're all about the character within, wearing the armor the game already provides shouldn't be a problem, yes?
  • Milanna
    Milanna
    ✭✭✭
    No
    ... how they need to make there helms invisible for people to even know they are female players.

Yes, because naturally, female character, female player... :neutral_face:

It´s not the helmet that causes the confusion :wink:
    EU-server
    Mila the True (Aldmeri Dominion)
    Milanna the Cold-hearted (Aldmeri Dominion)
    Raphael the Cunning (Ebonheart Pact)

NA-server
    Cassius Tanicius (Daggerfall Covenant)

I just found garlic, you blood-suckers better stay clear
  • Arsenic_Touch
    Arsenic_Touch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CKz21J0.jpg

I just want these armors.
    Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

╔═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╗
    "Hope can drown lost in thunderous sound."
    "Fear can claim what little faith remains."
    "Death will take those who fight alone."
    "But united we can break a fate once set in stone."

╚═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╝

NA // Ebonheart Pact // Leader of CORE Legion // Namira Beta Tester // VR11 NB
  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Those that say "this is fantasy, the rules don't apply" don't understand fantasy. There are rules to this world, and those rules clearly say that armor protects you from attacks, otherwise armor wouldn't exist in the first place.

Magic also protects you from attack.

The game does not, in any way, mirror reality. No one in history ever had to "level up" so they could wear better armor. You either paid lots of money for good armor or made do.

Unlike reality, this game ties everything to your level - not to the quality of armor that anyone can afford - and, wow, again unlike reality armor is imbued with magical attributes. So...why can't my skinny bikini be magically as armored as your full plat?

Guess what? It can. Magic.
    Please read the thread, we've already gone over why this argument doesn't work.
  • Bhakura
    Bhakura
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Weird, the only one insulting is you. And maybe every single thing ive sayed looks like copy paste maybe because thats the nature of the thing?
    Like everything else art evolves, they find new technics to make the things they draw more realistic, and before you start, no superheroins with insane voluptuous bodies are not realistic, but far more realistic then the renaissance woman painted.
    Like anyone feeling outmatched you just turn words around to fit your arguments. I never said
    The whole nude paintings exist so armor should be skankafied in the games I play.
    you did that, and in your version it works, but its not the issue at all, since i never stated that. All i said was woman have been drawn nude for ages, designing armors is artwork, how is combining the two a work of a sexist nerd.
    Yes, classical art, or body studies, are every bit the same as making your little cartoon character dress more provocatively for your enjoyment.

Well forgive me for adoring the female form for what it is, i still dont see how that is sexist.

And the hits keep comin'!

I AM an artist. I've studied art my entire life. I was recommended to the School of the Art Institute of Chicago at the age of twelve.

Don't hand me this about art, and some clumsy and generic lines about how it evolves and how that all adds up to justification for wanting female characters in an mmorpg to be less dressed, and how you're some appreciator of the "female form".

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Flaming]

And being an art prodigy gives you insight in my thinking? And forgive me being so blunt, but i strongely do not believe you are that art prodigy, human form including female and male has been used the most to express art and you dismiss this entire repertoire of countless artists ... as "sexist nerds" ... including the people who like that kind of art ... more then half the worlds population is a sexist nerd then.

But its last reply i give you before moderator comes along AGAIN, and shuts this down.
    im sorry mods, never intended for this to be a flame war >.<
    Edited by Bhakura on May 26, 2014 4:45AM
  • Milanna
    Milanna
    ✭✭✭
    No
    NakedSnake wrote: »

Your wrong. Women love skimpy outfits just as much as men do. Want proof? just open your eyes.

Really?
    Who did you ask?
    EU-server

NA-server

• Bhakura
    Bhakura
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Most of these actually already have similar counterparts in this game already. I simply want more choices.

And not to mention last one actually excisted irl where there was no magic.
  • Eorea
    Eorea
    ✭✭✭
    No
    What, out of all this arguing about sexism, there's no reference to the ridiculous twisted back, broken-hips, unbalanced, deformed stance of the female model in the game? I know you're reading this, ZOS. Please straighten our women up! Why should they get a "sexy" stance at all? It's not sexy. It's deformed and freaks me out. The stance is exactly why I have no female toons. Are all females cursed?
  • Bhakura
    Bhakura
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Eorea wrote: »
    What, out of all this arguing about sexism, there's no reference to the ridiculous twisted back, broken-hips, unbalanced, deformed stance of the female model in the game? I know you're reading this, ZOS. Please straighten our women up! Why should they get a "sexy" stance at all? It's not sexy. It's deformed and freaks me out. The stance is exactly why I have no female toons. Are all females cursed?

Huh? my character is just standing straight up? Only with staff she kinda bulks over but every other character does too.
  • NakedSnake
    NakedSnake
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Milanna wrote: »

Really?
    Who did you ask?

Some of the female members of my guild in SWTOR, one is a female Twilek that wears nothing but slave girl and the other is a shirtless male warrior ala Conan. Both are females irl.
    So who did you ask?
    "Brilliant! Why is it that the people with the most ridiculous ideas are always the ones who are most certain of them?"
  • HandofBane
    HandofBane
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes

Really?
    Who did you ask?

Would you like a list of references? I can point you to my ex-, along with multiple other females in my old WoW RP guild who I had the joy of extremely long farming runs to collect very specific outfits, quite a few strong in the skimpy department.

Hell, I bet many of you know at least one female personally who likes to get themselves something "skimpy" to wear for themselves to feel more attractive - whether they share that with a partner or just on their own. Should we add in cosplayers who actively choose which characters they want to create a full costume of, many specifically choosing characters showing quite a bit of skin because they either like the character or like the costume said character is wearing?

And for the folks who continue to throw around arguments that it's only "sexist horny males" asking for this - does it make it any less sexist that you hold the opinion that it *must* be only males pushing for this kind of thing as an option, because females would never lower themselves to such filth? /rolleyes
  • Bhakura
    Bhakura
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    And for the folks who continue to throw around arguments that it's only "sexist horny males" asking for this - does it make it any less sexist that you hold the opinion that it *must* be only males pushing for this kind of thing as an option, because females would never lower themselves to such filth?

:D
    Wanted to say something similar before but couldnt formulate it well enough, well said ^^
  • Eorea
    Eorea
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Huh? my character is just standing straight up? Only with staff she kinda bulks over but every other character does too.

But she's not standing straight up. Her hip is cocked out to one side and her torso is twisted. I don't want this to sound the wrong way, but draw two lines through her shoulders, breasts and hips and tell me she's not twisted. Her hips and shoulders are pointed in different directions. Both her posterior cheeks are different sizes. She's not standing straight. She might shift from one leg to another, but she's never, ever, standing straight. I'd post a screenshot from one of my alts and character screens... but unfortunately, I'm a victim of the Login Timeout 301 error and haven't been able to sign in since Thursday XD

• Milanna
    Milanna
    ✭✭✭
    No
    I´m sorry, but I will not even try to answer with quotes, you will probably know who you are.

Structures in society tends to sexualize women more than it sexualizes men (but men are sexualized as well, just not in absurdum). Not all of us are at all comfortable with that, since people like me would like to be viewed as a human being, not a pair of walking boobs.

I do understand that some females might want to play the sexy character in a fantasy setting, but you have to understand that they are in no way, shape or form a majority. How do I know this?

I am female. I have female friends. In fact, the majority of my friends are female. We talk about everything. In detail. So I know their feelings on this.

I have said it before on this topic, if the same applies on male characters, that I can flaunt their stuff as well, I am not against slooty armor. But only if it applies to male characters in the same extent. But considering they look like someone did a good job cutting of some vital parts, I guess thats off the table.

EU-server

NA-server

• phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I'm leaving if this game becomes like Tera in terms of armor models.
  • dolmen
    dolmen
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Eorea wrote: »
    Both her posterior cheeks are different sizes.

I agree and that bugs me, enough that I /bug'd it some time ago.

Sorry to hear you are having that 301 issue.
    The Sidekick Order
  • HandofBane
    HandofBane
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I have said it before on this topic, if the same applies on male characters, that I can flaunt their stuff as well, I am not against slooty armor. But only if it applies to male characters in the same extent. But considering they look like someone did a good job cutting of some vital parts, I guess thats off the table.

A suggestion, then. Actually go back and read through the thread, especially posts by folks with that little red box with a Yes next to it. There are quite a few of us in favor of such clothing/armor options for both genders. Yeah, you have to make it through much of the arguing against a handful of people who refuse to believe that either some female players want this too, or that players of either gender would want this kind of thing available as options for *all* characters.

Well, that and getting through the idea that there could actually be a happy medium of more "skimpy" armor all around that doesn't involve cutting everything down to a Victoria's Secret catalog page.

Edit:
    I do understand that some females might want to play the sexy character in a fantasy setting, but you have to understand that they are in no way, shape or form a majority.
    Solipsism. Look it up. Nobody here on either side can truthfully claim their opinion represents a majority. Nobody, not even a "female with a lot of female friends". Unless all those female friends are playing this game as well, they exist solely as an anecdote to provide moral support for your own personal opinion, just as the long list of females I know who enjoy having a wide variety of clothing/armor options ingame, including skimpy stuff, only offer support for my own opinion, while failing to provide proof for anyone that the stance I take could be an actual majority or not.
    Edited by HandofBane on May 26, 2014 5:38AM
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is from a table top game.. Which I love.. fully covered women with sass!

ea472feeae887ab8f79c6198417d6129_large.JPG?1390598227
    image-306797-full.jpg?1376099927
    d9485a2bb93f806ad8d09ba2f16f20ab_large.jpg?1381820118
    I love Warmachine too - I've been playing it for 10 years. Of course, it's also got Deneghra:
    MkII_Deneghra.jpg
    and here she is again:
    deneghra.jpg
    But wait, why is her skin that weird colour in the second picture? And what's with that nasty stiched-up scar? Oh right, that's because she got killed. She got cut in half right through that bare midriff. I always thought it was kind of awesome that they did that to her. She wears the skimpiest armour, and that's how she gets killed.
    Edited by UrQuan on May 26, 2014 5:38AM
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)