Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Skimpy armors

• Bhakura
    Bhakura
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    And its not like its not in game already,

[img][/img]Screenshot_20140526_190428.png

because this is what i mean with skimpy, not lingerie.
    Edited by Bhakura on May 26, 2014 5:14PM
  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    So it's already in the game, no need to add more. The end.
  • fiachsidhe
    fiachsidhe
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Bhakura wrote: »

And being an art prodigy gives you insight in my thinking? And forgive me being so blunt, but i strongely do not believe you are that art prodigy, human form including female and male has been used the most to express art and you dismiss this entire repertoire of countless artists ... as "sexist nerds" ... including the people who like that kind of art ... more then half the worlds population is a sexist nerd then.

But its last reply i give you before moderator comes along AGAIN, and shuts this down.
    im sorry mods, never intended for this to be a flame war >.<

Couldn't care less if you believe my art history.
    No, I never said I was an art prodigy. Simply that I have a life long background in art.
    I also have developed a pretty keen sense of recognizing BS when I hear it. and your entire generic spiel about art was a weak attempt to defend your desire to see females dressed in skimpy armor in a video game. and believe me, no one buys it.

and pandering to the mods...not a good idea.
    Don't have an intelligent argument? Just LOL a post!

Dire Crow - Ebonheart Pact - Dunmer Nightblade
  • TicToc
    TicToc
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    I don't say yes or no, But I don't understand the necessity of looking at a half dressed virtual women. I'm a male and I have never liked skimpy or very revealing armors in games unless it makes sense (Lara Croft's outfit makes sense for her job for example).

I don't even know why some guys say that they don't like playing male characters because they don't like looking at a guys butt. That is ridiculous and is probably tied to need to validate their sexual identity somehow because of self esteem issues. I for one always play male characters because it's more immersive, I feel like I'm the hero.

But I dunno, maybe it's cultural. Here in the Caribbean all I have to do is walk out the door to see women revealing some skin.

You "don't say yes or no", but you voted "no".

It is fine that you don't find the need or desire to dress in skimpier armor. others do. Making that armor available does not mean you have to wear it. Having it in game would have no impact on you, and it would make others happy.

As for it making sense, I will point it out again. This game has a very detailed body creation tool. You can modify the physical build of your character. There are sliders for all the different areas. You can make them very muscular with great muscle definition (or very slender, or even fat), you can apply scars and tattoos and other body modifications to really customize the look of your character. This is all great, except that after creation you hide them under the same armor that thousands of other people are wearing. All those customizations add flavor to your character, and then they become meaningless.

It's a style thing, but far to many people are making it into some sexual perversion. RPG's have always been about style and creating a unique character that you find interesting.

You psychological analysis of why males play female characters is silly. It makes you sound like a first year psych student trying to analyze everything, but not really understanding the real issues. It could just as easily be said that guys that won't play a female character are just homophobic and are afraid that it makes them gay. I got over that issue years ago when I wanted to play a rogue in Diablo and had no choice but to play a female character. Also, in MMO's, I don't identify with myself as the character. I'm an alt-aholic, and i play a variety of characters. The character is the hero, I am not. In single player RPG's it is different.

It blows my mind that some people blow it so out of proportion and try to make it out to be some type of sexual perversion. Female warriors in sexy armor have been quite prevalent in movies and T.V., and have been very popular. But having that same type of dress in a computer game is somehow disgusting? Please.
  • NakedSnake
    NakedSnake
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    So it's already in the game, no need to add more. The end.

So you wont mind if your V12 armor drops are a reskin of lvl 1 Altmer then? Stop trolling and write something constructive.
    Edited by NakedSnake on May 27, 2014 1:01AM
    "Brilliant! Why is it that the people with the most ridiculous ideas are always the ones who are most certain of them?"
  • Singular
    Singular
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Turelus wrote: »
    I'm one of those who actually likes some level of realistic thought in a design process. While the Nords have some armours leaving areas bare I really don't like sexualised armours because it makes zero sense.

You do realize that this is a fantasy game, right? It's not about realism. If you want realism, play a game where 80% of the players are poor, have unequal access to quests, resource nodes and get dismembered or killed in one shot.
    War, give me war, give me war.
  • Singular
    Singular
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    badmojo wrote: »
    Let's see how many female toons dressed in that manner we get if ONLY WOMEN can play women toons. You will see almost none. Add men to the equation and you will get a TON. I think we both know that's 100% true.

Right... because women never dress sexy given the choice.

Also, if female toons could only be played by women, I'm betting a lot of women would probably play as male characters because playing as a female would attract a lot of unwanted attention.

There's a difference between sexy and skimpy. Also, this is a game. This is not the real world. The armor does look outdated but there's ways to do it without over-sexualizing either genders. Finally, just because someone is doing something, it doesn't mean that you should do it or agree with it. I've seen some 8-9 year old's dressed like mini-hookers. Would I let my daughter dress that way? Nope! I wouldn't expect her to never wear makeup and feel sexy however. Everyone needs to feel nice about themselves. That can be accomplished without basically showing all your assets.

As per recent studies, most men are more attracted to women who show a bit of skin but not too much. Women who show too much aren't respectable in most men's minds and get less respect and are less desirable.

If a man in this thread really is obsessed with pixels showing a ton of skin and being dressed in a skimpy way, I think there's some issues that are pretty deeply rooted. Go watch some *** or get a girlfriend or something if having women dressed skimpy in a game is that important to you.

As I said, fun new armor would be wanted. Skimpy, no thanks. If I want skimpy I'll go see strippers and see their lifeless eyes due to being degraded for money.

Ok, first off all, you're making the assumption that sexualized clothing = bad, not something to show.

Where are you getting these ideas from?

Second, I question your reference to "studies," especially considering you didn't source them. They could be from some biased religious organization for all that we know.

Third, you believe that all people on the "Yes" side of this discussion are "a man" who needs to "watch some ***"??? That's false and completely ignores the women's perspective that we have been presented with again and again (thank you oh women!).

Ironically, you keep telling people they have issues. Well, I disagree - your writing is full of biased, non-relfexive, ethnocentric positions. You aren't supporting an argument, but showcasing how your "way of seeing the world" ties immoral sexuality to how revealing clothing is.
  • Singular
    Singular
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Don't look at it! You might have deep rooted issues if you enjoy it!

lol

If this sexually arouses you, then you may want to make an appointment with your local psychologist/therapist because yes...there are issues.

I just think it's hilarious how you assume to know peoples mental state based on them wanting a more revealing wardrobe in this game.

No, it doesn't sexually arose me, but it is a lot easier to look at than the leather knight look we have going on now.

Well if it doesn't sexually arouse you, you're likely fine. Just immature. And how else but with words and actions do you know people's mental state?

If you feel the need to see a ton of skin on Pixels, imaginary characters, yes, I do think you have issues. It leaves me wondering how you interact with the gender(s) that sexually attract you in real life. If you're able to carry on relationships. When you NEED to see skin on pixels so badly, there's likely something missing in your life. If you need to play an MMO and wear skanky clothing, going around flirting with others or being provocative, yes, there are likely real life issues. The list goes on and on.

It's not about wanting different types of armor that look better or even show skin. It's about how much skin some of you want to see or the obsession with it or even admitting that it makes you feel good to see it or to enact it.

Wow - there you go again being completely judgmental. You are in no position to judge another's emotional and psychological state based on their tastes in fashion . . . in a video game.

You're simply assuming that your biased ideas about sexuality and clothing are universally held - and subsequently using them to judge others. Ironically, you're calling others immature despite your inability to understand other's positions.

Hilarious.
  • Singular
    Singular
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Preachan wrote: »
    But it's not just your choice of style... It is limiting the fun for female Gamers who enjoy this Game for not objectifying the female body. Many of us are tired of having to look at near naked female bodies everywhere we go. Being judged for our bodies and clothes.
    Having Games where we can escape this and just have fun without sexist designchoices are rare enough.

So your entire point is that your ... exhaustion with seeing "near naked female bodies everywhere" you go should dictate my character's armor fashion?

That's pretty selfish. Why should the entire game cater to your needs?
  • Preachan
    Preachan
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Because you are just as selfish yourself by valuing your need for skimpy armor higher than the opinion of the people who voted NO. Or their immersion.

There are plenty of games with sexy clothes, I don't need them in every game.
    The style of this game is good and not over the top sword & sorcery like Conan, red sonja etc.
    --> in that genre, naked or nearly naked warriors are the norm, thats part of the genre and totally fine with me.
    But TES is not sword&sorcery, so I prefer the style they chose.

Like the majority in this poll does, as it seems.
    Edited by Preachan on May 27, 2014 6:38AM
  • NakedSnake
    NakedSnake
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    The OP' suggestion only adds to the gameplay possibilities and does not limit anyone else's play style. So if anyone is being selfish its you.
    "Brilliant! Why is it that the people with the most ridiculous ideas are always the ones who are most certain of them?"
  • Singular
    Singular
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Why should the entire game cater to your needs?
    Preachan wrote: »
    Because you are just as selfish yourself by valuing your need for skimpy armor higher than the opinion of the people who voted NO. Or their immersion.

There are plenty of games with sexy clothes, I don't need them in every game.

There you go again - "I don't need them..."

No one is forcing you to adopt fashionable clothing. You're welcome to continue to bundle up - no big deal for us. We just want the choice of not being like you.

We don't care what you do with your character. You care what we do with ours. Therefore you are being selfish here, not us.

Why should you have the right to make our decisions?
  • Arreyanne
    Arreyanne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    based off most of the NO answers

it must have really irritated you guys beyound believe in Warhammer when a Witch Elf killed you wearing here skimpy stuff even at RR100 was the skimpiest set of armor in the game

Heck just them running around slinging there poison dagger must have had you up in arms cursing and procalim doom
    Edited by Arreyanne on May 28, 2014 2:05AM
  • emopyronecrosis
    Yes
    Mablung wrote: »
    If this sexually arouses you, then you may want to make an appointment with your local psychologist/therapist because yes...there are issues.
    Yes indeed, you'd have some serious issues there being a perfectly normal human being.

Video games at its core is just art. Humans enjoy looking at art. If that art happen to be a scantily clad woman... Well some people enjoy that too, strange enough.

Hell, even Mona Lisa shows some skin and got that devious smile, everyone looking at her and think its a good painting must have some serious issues.

Yes. We enjoy art. However if you make TESO your place to go to get your rocks off, there's issues. It's not the first place where most people will go.

Also, it's an MMO. It's not meant to be used for that. If it were, it would be an erotic video game. Go play leasure suit Larry or whatever it was called. They had a remake recently as per what I saw on steam. So yes, art being erotic, yes. Asking for characters in an MMO to be scantily dressed so you can get turned on by it...odd!

I truly wish I could reply without quoting on these fourms, some point they should add it. Anyways - here's what I think Patrick, Loiselleb... I'm unsure if your male or female due to your account name - to be frank I don't care.

I understand most of your opinons but here's the issue - your forcing them on people by moreless saying because you don't want skimpy armor, no woman would and you make it sound like it's the end of story, me personally I'm a guy that places female toons on ESO, normally I diferentiate on Elder Scrolls Games by Race, making usually altmer female, bosmer ether or, dunmer I tend to keep male, and so on, but the fact theirs a breast slider on the male toons makes me uncomfortable, Because I can't get the slider just right, I ether wind up with moobs, an indented chest, or pecks like Dwayne The Rock Johnson - none of which I want.

Yes I am a bit vane with how my toons in games look, I love them looking "Just So" and if I sit there, for 30 minuets on one slider, and still have a ":/" face when creating it, I just say eff it and swap female - as for skimpy we have diffrent definitions, skimpy for me is mini skirted robes, knee high boots, exposed mid drift, see threw chain mail under strapped leather, things within context of the world.

To me the fact each of those examples shows a bit of skin, a bit more than needed, I call them skimpy. As for heavy armor... I don't know how any can be justifyable skimpy, unless you put plates over skintight scalemale or something, chainmale is more a light armor in my opinon where as scalemail is a good underlay for plated armor, I mean maybe put "batnipples" on the chest plate but whatever.

I just think your taking the concept of skimpy to the extremes, skimpy isn't *** worthly, it's skimpy, example. Take a Hoody, a normal hoody, pull over, take a razorblade to it, cut it down the middle to show a wee bit of cleavage, now it's a skimpy hoody.

A skimpy attire to me shows me a woman is comfortable with how she looks, confident she knows what her assets are and isn't afraid to flaunt them a bit as a tease, but doesn't over do it so everyone sees it all at one glace, she forces a double take someone to go "No Way, is she showing off her... oh my god she is" that's skimpy, skimpy is sassy, not desperate.

• emopyronecrosis
    Yes
    Naguur86 wrote: »
    Bhakura wrote: »
    Roman gladiators disagree with you
    Kelts disagree with you
    African tribal warriors disagree with you
    American indians both north and south disagree with you
    Vikings disagree with you
    Maori disagree with you
    Chinese martial artists disagree with you
    Japanese ninjas disagree with you

And sure theres plenty more where those came from, just at the top of my head.

These examples are legit but all those people had certain reaons to dress like that in combat. May it be religious or traditional reasons or just the fact that the armor style is based on the combat style. Since this is fantasy there comen the dothrakhi in my mind who wear no protective armor at all as far as I remember and they do it because in their opinion one who wears heavy plate armor is just a coward. Also their style of fighting matches this.

I am not that educated in the lore of ES but I think the races that are currrently in game and I think thats most of them are nit fitting in one of those categories. All of the races are using the traditional full armor style. So there would have to be established a race or a group of fighters who arw using combat style that doesn't need full protection or who are resoning the lack of armor in another way.

I do agree however that there should be more variety and skin in light armor since this does not offer any protection and people wearing light armor have other ways of protecting or to avoid beeing hit at all.

I'm replying because I'm very well versed in Elder Scrolls Lore - Bosmer initally use to fight nude before the Green Pact - this was because they were feral, even after the Green Pact their armor tended to be minimal this is shown when you crafter Bosmer Heavy Armor - it is one of the most minimalist heavy armors in the game, they don't wear much.

Dunmer Robes in TES Lore, are actually the most sexual this is because of the 3, not Alemexia, Vivec, and Sothasil, but Malphala, Boethia, and Azura, all three's depictations tend to be very sexualized. Boethia being typically seen as much as a male as a female, and being a warrior actually wears very little, it wasn't under the Tribunal that their armors began to evolve into a much more covered way.

That being said House Redoran still would be seen wearing bonemold that would show off they bellys.

Khajiit and Argonians are infamous for in TES Lore wearing armors that covered very little, most visual illistrations of Khajiiti warriors from elsewyr show them in little more than a loincloth and wrappings, it wasn't till they were getting into trading that they altered how they dressed, still as you can see from the game itself, very minimalist, most of their robes sleaveless, and medium armors as well don't over do it, but their heavys are more akin to samurai.

Argonians are the same way as you can see from robes and medium armors they don't wear much, this can be coinsidered because of their rough scales, but it's actually because Argonians believe in stealth over full engagments feeling armor too heavy would be too loud.

Redguards from Yukatan actually show off their bodies even in combat, such as Sai Sahan's chasi only covering above his chest, and back, leaving his abbs and chest for all to see. Woman on the other hand, they show their abbs yes, but nothing more. Everything else tends to remain covered again this is pride, this is them showing off how much they've hardened their bodies.

The only 3 races that never leave anything uncovered are Orcs, Nords, and Imperials this is to show off their craftmenship not because they WANT to wear all that heavy armor, Nordic Armors, Oricsh Armors, and Imperial Armors are beautifully made, Imperial Males do wear kilts into battle, leather jerkins, and such but when it comes to heavy armor, they resemble that of the Roman Legions.

As such no - skimpy armors wouldn't break lore, but would actually be supported by it in some cases.

As for everyone complaining about woman all I have to say is this - 300 half naked spartans - how is that not skimpy? And how many woman loved it? Double standers are annoying.
  • fiachsidhe
    fiachsidhe
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Arreyanne wrote: »
    based off most of the NO answers

it must have really irritated you guys beyound believe in Warhammer when a Witch Elf killed you wearing here skimpy stuff even at RR100 was the skimpiest set of armor in the game

Heck just them running around slinging there poison dagger must have had you up in arms cursing and procalim doom

Not half as much as it must have pissed you off, knowing you paid for that game in the first place.
    Edited by fiachsidhe on June 2, 2014 3:52PM
    Don't have an intelligent argument? Just LOL a post!

Dire Crow - Ebonheart Pact - Dunmer Nightblade
  • Bhakura
    Bhakura
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Just curious, how are people still replying to this thread as it doesnt show in general discussion anymore?
    At least not on my general discussion tab.
  • Aeradon
    Aeradon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    @Bhakura‌ I have it starred cause the topic is interesting (:
    People keep telling me they're gonna buy me an ale. They never do.

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's culture. And the Elves.

Help make this compilation complete!
    Compilation of Ideas and Suggestions
  • simontheriault1b16_ESO
    Yes
    What a lot of what people against tend to forget is that nudity doesn't always mean sex... look all what is done in classical art. So if you follow that logic, ancient greek and roman sculptors were pervs looking to jerk off on thoses masterpieces...

You like it or not I consider videogames as a form of art also. The body got aestethical properties beyond sex and ***. I like to be able to appreciate that in videogames also. It depends what is the context.

I'm one of those who likes sexier armor but I don't want to see two coins and a metal cup as armor, it breaks the immersion. There is a middle ground for it.
    That's what I would like to see more in that game. I liked to low level bosmer armor and argonian. It went well with the style I wanted to give to my character. The problem comes from going higher level. I am losing the style because the armor is getting too much covering.
    If I could get other styles of armor with the covering of the Stygian jack(that's a single armor set), seducer armor and low level armor Argonian (that's the only style of armor with shorter breeches, I would like more styles) I would be happy.

So yes skimpy armor, but within a reasonable limit.
    I just love chaos!
  • WazupFolks
    WazupFolks
    Soul Shriven
    Yes
    As long as it remains in good taste, I'm in.

There is a way to show some more without ruining the immersion. And as some already said (and I agree with them) the creation tool is so good it is a shame to hide your character behind plates!

Overall, it could even make some sense and give options to some of our characters out there. In later level, all the armor make my character feel overdressed and I don't want to wear lvl 10 armor just for the looks. Playing what I try to represent as a low life spellthief, although the epicness of the armor is good, it just doesn't fit! Having medium armor in the lines of the reachmen, or even of the fur armors mods of the late Skyrim game (no, not the ones with strings, but those who were looking like pelts and leather scraps ), it could make me LOOK like the character i want to play. It is indeed a ROLE playing game, and more options could make characters stand out more.

Now if you want bikinis... welcome to the internet!

Edit: While we are talking about removing some cloth on the armor, why can't we craft jerkins in game? That would at least be a start...
    Edited by WazupFolks on June 21, 2014 3:11AM
  • BrotherAron83
    BrotherAron83
    Soul Shriven
    Yes
    Give us armor what shows some more skin... TES isnt a amish universe, come on?
  • Chrysa1is
    Chrysa1is
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Miley Cyrus armour🤣🤣🤣
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

We have gone ahead and closed this thread down since it is rather old. Please keep in mind that sometimes it is better to create a new topic, instead of replying in one that was posted a while ago.

Thanks for your understanding.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.